Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,113 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1635430 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) ... (2219) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2019
benji93:
I don't run away from arguments. And I would point it out, when I realize that someone is being overly petty. He started well by admitting that the Clippers can win it all come play off time. He suddenly found a way to bring GSW into the matter. Which makes me think GSW was originally on his mind. Then he thought, how can I shade this people today ooo. Then came the Clippers context. grin

So using the warriors as a standard to measure the strength of a team is a shade? SMH. You need serious help.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
I was hoping you would admit that. grin
TalonVonner:

LMAO Why are warriors fans so sensitive man? Arent the warriors the greatest team in recent times? isnt this a compliment? what is wrong with this guy?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
benji93:
I was hoping you would admit that. grin

You are such a weirdo man. Seek help.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:03am On Nov 08, 2019
TalonVonner:

You are seriously talking about switches? LMAO! You think if a player is bent on guarding you all it takes is a switch to get away from him? Kawhi could have gone at lebron consistently if he wanted to, we saw that he didnt and when he did he got cooked, and when lebron was tasked with guarding him he never shied away from the assignment, using your logic kawhi ran from lebron as well. People are pissed lebron didnt guard him because he got hot at some point. If kawhi at this stage of his career isnt singling out bron why should bron single him out? I guess we can say kawhi was so scared of giannis' revenge tour he straight up refused to even play.

BTW, That last sentence, i'm glad you learned to give a compliment without a caveat. It was that simple and if that was all you did we wouldnt be having this discussion right now.
Twist it however you want. It's the truth. Dude would switch Richard Jefferson on KD multiple times in the finals, throw JR and Jeff Green when possible, etc. We saw it numerous times in regular season over the years especially the last 3. Same with Giannis, Kawhi, etc. Don't come and make it a LeBron vs Kawhi argument. You said it yourself that he couldn't do all that because of his offensive load. Now I said he is playing great on both ends of the court this season isn't that a compliment? Is that a shade? Make me wonder why you LeStans are so sensitive.
You need serious help.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Kemkemgirl(f): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2019
Hi guys watch your favourite Online Sportcaster Ekemini Nelson aka Akwa Ibom First Lady Of Sports

Watch Sport Alert Thursday Edition which focuses on LMC £250,000,000 TV Right Deal with NEXT TV to broadcast Nigerian League... Watch my reactions
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 1:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Eruditor:
People should keep getting excited it is allowed.

Denver had a better start last season. Bucks were the winningest team.

Still crashed out.

All these premature celebrations Is what I don't get when later on, we would be reading how he is alone and has no help.

Nobody said the LAL will be arse. We said head to head against the Clippers they will be found wanting.

Denver and Bucks failed cos they were inexperienced, plus the celebrations aren't premature it's justified. Considering how people called Lebron washed after just a game with the Clippers
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 1:59am On Nov 08, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Lmao!!! Everyone watches the game including your MCM Shannon. It's glaring. BTW, I mentioned KD, Giannis, etc. I like how that post mentions they guarded each other on 3 possessions. Like I said we watch the games and see how he switches his defenders. We've seen it several times over the years and numerous times in the finals vs KD and not your bullcrap 2mins plus and 1mins plus nonsense. And I'm not talking about his offense here. You don't talk like we don't watch the games. You can't fool anyone on this.
Like I said, he is playing great on both ends of the court this year. It's your personal problem if you choose to keep crying.

What are you saying? KD switched to Rodney hood and JR IN 2018 when he was guarded by Lebron, y'all need to think with the revisionist agenda
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 2:03am On Nov 08, 2019
NBA fines Clippers $50,000 over Kawhi Leonard "load management" drama

[img]https://media./images/ece482298581d0a23879df6b09290f9c/tenor.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 4:08am On Nov 08, 2019
SmooshCHN:

Most of those comment were more about LeBron losing step due to father time more than being washed. See ehn, maybe you guys should stop seeing every comment you don't agree with as a slander.
The lots came to talk about how Curry is no longer the best point guard in the league after two games.
So perhaps you should chill with the double standard thing.
Yes, LeBron has stepped up playing better on ball and help defense this season but folks can't really say much for his defense when he has been known to avoid guarding guys who can be as good as he is like Kawhi, KD several times in the finals, Giannis,etc because those moments stick to memory. Many times last season when he wouldn't switch on defense and gesture asking where the help was when it was fault for not switching. One time it got so bad Kuzma had to push him to pick up an open man. So, it might take more than 10 regular season games with defensive guys like Dwight and AD to convince some people who don't remember him for his defense because of history and yes we always see those chase down blocks on small boys. grin
Anyways, he has been playing good on both ends for the most of this season and the other day I raved about his performance one LeMinion was saying I was 'famzing' because I don't ride LeBron's díck. I even talked about the Lakers playing like they can win it all but as usual, you don't see all that except Ersan. It's not double standard if people here keep quiet because to you, it must be the good stuff about LeBron or nothing.

It’s slander when the comment feels like double standards. Y'all kept reminding us that Anthony Davis is injury prone, but no one complained about Kawhi taking time off all in the name of load management, or say anything about James Harden taking 10 step-back 3’s a game and struggling so far, but Lakers lost a single game and y'all were quick to write Lebron off, y'all kept saying father time has caught up with him. It's not about it being an insult but it's more about the double standards
Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 4:11am On Nov 08, 2019
steady986:

And how did you come to that conclusion?

Crystal ball I guess, watch when the bum ass Clippers choke as usual. Not surprised though, most of them are former dubs, looking for a team to jump on since the warriors are ass
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:22am On Nov 08, 2019
xwolverine:

What are you saying? KD switched to Rodney hood and JR IN 2018 when he was guarded by Lebron, y'all need to think with the revisionist agenda
You really feel the need to lie out here about thing we saw numerous times over years? There's nothing wrong in him switching on defense to conserve energy of the offensive end but to lie that was playing defense and not switching off of KD, Kawhi and elite offensive player is pure lie.

Here's are some from the finals. I'm done with you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en2eiVUX6I0

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:28am On Nov 08, 2019
xwolverine:

It’s slander when the comment feels like double standards. Y'all kept reminding us that Anthony Davis is injury prone, but no one complained about Kawhi taking time off all in the name of load management, or say anything about James Harden taking 10 step-back 3’s a game and struggling so far, but Lakers lost a single game and y'all were quick to write Lebron off, y'all kept saying father time has caught up with him. It's not about it being an insult but it's more about the double standards
Please quote me when I said any of those or wrote LeBron off after one Lakers game. What was said is the Clippers are a deeper thing but you LeStans will always find such statement to be hateful. And what was that gibberish about Harden taking 10 3s? Is that not his team's business? How's that related to anything?

BTW, This was me last week. Get off his díck so you can see clearly for what things are. Don't come here to lie.
SmooshCHN:
I done talk am sha. Don't underrate a LeBron led team. The Mavs did that and it's good they lost that game.

They had better get rid of that trash called Hardaway Jr.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:37am On Nov 08, 2019
I am not responding to any post about Lebron being washed. If you cannot read, I cannot help you.

Even after the Clippers game my quote was "he is still good but not as good as he was before" and the evidence is clear.

I wonder what the fuss is about. When Westbrook was averaging a triple double for 3 straight years I did not see the hype. Bron did it for 3 games and we won't hear anything else.

Rest.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 6:40am On Nov 08, 2019
BTW GSW of 15/16 will maul both Clippers and LAL in the regular season. Playoffs will be 4-2 Clippers, 4-3 LAL.

2017 GSW will give them each 1 game and gentlemanly sweep them in the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 08, 2019
I've been waiting for this guy. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2019
Eruditor:
BTW GSW of 15/16 will maul both Clippers and LAL in the regular season. Playoffs will be 4-2 Clippers, 4-3 LAL.

Naah i strongly disagree. The 2017 warriors will sweep the lakers but the clippers will win at least 3. People don't realize how good this clippers team is, just wait until paul george returns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2019
The lakers are naturally the most hated franchise and then you add lebron to that and you have a hate supernova.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:52am On Nov 08, 2019
Hold onto your opinion man for as long as you can. Your statement is valid on paper .However in reality it will depend on Paul George can replicate his performance last season in the play offs. Can he do it? Maybe or Maybe not. But history says Likely not.
TalonVonner:

Naah i strongly disagree. The 2017 warriors will sweep the lakers but the clippers will win at least 3. People don't realize how good this clippers team is, just wait until paul george returns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 08, 2019
benji93:
Hold onto your opinion man for as long as you can. Your statement is valid on paper .However in reality it will depend on Paul George can replicate his performance last season in the play offs. Can he do it? Maybe or Maybe not. But history says Likely not.

He doesnt need to. Point is he makes this juggernaut of a team even better.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:16am On Nov 08, 2019
Eruditor:
I am not responding to any post about Lebron being washed. If you cannot read, I cannot help you.

Even after the Clippers game my quote was[b] "he is still good but not as good as he was before" and the evidence is clear.[/b]

I wonder what the fuss is about. When Westbrook was averaging a triple double for 3 straight years I did not see the hype. Bron did it for 3 games and we won't hear anything else.

Rest.
Please we'd love to know this "clear evidence".
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:18am On Nov 08, 2019
Eruditor:

Lakers of 2000/2001 will sweep any GS team of any era
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:43am On Nov 08, 2019
SmooshCHN:
You really feel the need to lie out here about thing we saw numerous times over years? There's nothing wrong in him switching on defense to conserve energy of the offensive end but to lie that was playing defense and not switching off of KD, Kawhi and elite offensive player is pure lie.

Lol you get time. Even LeNomad himself knows he didn't want the smoke
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2019
xwolverine:

Crystal ball I guess, watch when the bum ass Clippers choke as usual. Not surprised though, most of them are former dubs, looking for a team to jump on since the warriors are ass
Clippers choke When did they ever choke
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:47am On Nov 08, 2019
SmooshCHN:

You're funny o. Apart from the first play in this video where LeBron switched guarding KD due to a pick and roll, this is basically a video that shows LeBron guarding KD.

The hate is really killing you.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:06am On Nov 08, 2019
We are in a time where narrative wins the day. When someone somewhere ignorantly says something, all other people who want that assertion to be true quickly project that assertion in the same ignorance, without checking to see whether that assertion is factual or not.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 08, 2019
Hardetayour:
Clippers choke When did they ever choke

Heard of lob city?

But naah this clippers team wont choke. Too hard nosed, too loaded. They're unstoppable.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2019
steady986:

You're funny o. Apart from the first play in this video where LeBron switched guarding KD due to a pick and roll, this is basically a video that shows LeBron guarding KD.

The hate is really killing you.
No hate. Your head is just too stuck up in Bron's àss you fail to see I've complimented him many times.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 1:49pm On Nov 08, 2019
TalonVonner:
My NBA Awards Prediction

MVP - LeBron James
DPOY - Anthony Davis
Sixth Man - Kyle Kuzma
MIP - Dwight Howard
COTY - Frank Vogel

The Lakers are going to sweep the awards, just like the finals.
lmao. I like this guy sha...lol. There is just something about this list that screams unreal. Happily ever after,fairy tales. Am sorry bro. This ain't a cinderella story...
Re: The NBA Begins by Tundesam923(m): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2019
And all this kawhi is better than lebron, best player narrative has to just stop honestly. the guy is not exactly lightening anything up when he plays. 9/23 yesterday...and is this not his peak or prime years? Lebron's prime, kd'sprime were so much higher than this...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2019
Tundesam923:
lmao. I like this guy sha...lol. There is just something about this list that screams unreal. Happily ever after,fairy tales. Am sorry bro. This ain't a cinderella story...

You're right, all this was before i got to understand the might of the LA Clippers.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
Tundesam923:
And all this kawhi is better than lebron, best player narrative has to just stop honestly. the guy is not exactly lightening anything up when he plays. 9/23 yesterday...and is this not his peak or prime years? Lebron's prime, kd'sprime were so much higher than this...

Hell no, he scored 14 points i think in the fourth. Kawhi is the dynasty slayer. Best player and closer in the league for sure. The LA Clippers are unstoppable especially when he gets it going but even without him getting hot i dont see any team beating them. Bev Lou PG Trez. This team is something else.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2019
SmooshCHN:
No hate. Your head is just too stuck up in Bron's àss you fail to see I've complimented him many times.
Maybe you too need to stuck you head in his àss so you can see things clearly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) (1403) ... (2219) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.