Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1399) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625028 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:14am On Nov 07, 2019
SmooshCHN:
Lmao!!! Everyone watches the game including your MCM Shannon. It's glaring. BTW, I mentioned KD, Giannis, etc. I like how that post mentions they guarded each other on 3 possessions. Like I said we watch the games and see how he switches his defenders. We've seen it several times over the years and numerous times in the finals vs KD and not your bullcrap 2mins plus and 1mins plus nonsense. And I'm not talking about his offense here. You don't talk like we don't watch the games. You can't fool anyone on this.
Like I said, he is playing great on both ends of the court this year. It's your personal problem if you choose to keep crying.
I guess we can finally debunk that father time myth.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:16am On Nov 07, 2019
TalonVonner:

You are seriously talking about switches? LMAO! You think if a player is bent on guarding you all it takes is a switch to get away from him? Kawhi could have gone at lebron consistently if he wanted to, we saw that he didnt and when he did he got cooked, and when lebron was tasked with guarding him he never shied away from the assignment, using your logic kawhi ran from lebron as well. People are pissed lebron didnt guard him because he got hot at some point. If kawhi at this stage of his career isnt singling out bron why should bron single him out? I guess we can say kawhi was so scared of giannis' revenge tour he straight up refused to even play.

BTW, That last sentence, i'm glad you learned to give a compliment without a caveat. It was that simple and if that was all you did we wouldnt be having this discussion right now.
The caveats were the preceding sentences grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:18am On Nov 07, 2019
TalonVonner:

Support the warriors man, they have 4 all stars, been to the last 5 finals and all their fans are new so you'll fit right in. They may suck really bad now, and may suck for a very longtime, but they have steph and hes a nice guy.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2019
I wonder how many games Kawhi is expected to miss due to load management. I'm sure it was clearly stipulated in his contract. Who does this guy even think he is? I'd say he played a good one on the Clippers cos they were so desperate. I'm very sure the Lakers wouldn't have taken that trash. You can see how they duly discarded Tyron Lue when he refused the 3 year contract.

And don't tell me load management was the reason Kawhi was able to do well in the playoffs. Apart from the fact he got lucky against the Sixers, if KD was in that final series we wouldn't even be talking about Kawhi today.

It's 2 years since your injury ffs. Smh
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:38am On Nov 07, 2019
Why are you people crying more than the bereaved? I don't hear Clippers management complaining

Some players are more injury prone than others and if that's how he plans to extend his ability to compete come playoffs then leave him to his devices. Why are y'all so paranoid?
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 8:44am On Nov 07, 2019
TalonVonner:
According to smooshchn lebron was avoiding kawhi and kawhi wasnt avoiding lebron. LOL
honestly, does it matter

When they meet for playoffs we will know, who is boss
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2019
A40:
Why are you people crying more than the bereaved? I don't hear Clippers management complaining

Some players are more injury prone than others and if that's how he plans to extend his ability to compete come playoffs then leave him to his devices. Why are y'all so paranoid?
cause what's the use, load management is making them lose games

If they were wining we will understand
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 8:46am On Nov 07, 2019
steady986:
I wonder how many games Kawhi is expected to miss due to load management. I'm sure it was clearly stipulated in his contract. Who does this guy even think he is? I'd say he played a good one on the Clippers cos they were so desperate. I'm very sure the Lakers wouldn't have taken that trash. You can see how they duly discarded Tyron Lue when he refused the 3 year contract.

And don't tell me load management was the reason Kawhi was able to do well in the playoffs. Apart from the fact he got lucky against the Sixers, if KD was in that final series we wouldn't even be talking about Kawhi today.

kwahi was gifted that ring thanks to injuries that affected Golden states

Let's not lie to ourselves, if he met a fit Golden states team, he wouldn't have stood a chance

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:51am On Nov 07, 2019
iamJ:
cause what's the use, load management is making them lose games

If they were wining we will understand
I'm sure they knew the cost of that. However it would not be an issue once PG returns. They are trading regular season W's for a fresh Kawhi come Postseason. It worked spectacularly for the Raptors with one of the best postseason individual performances
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2019
iamJ:

Let's not lie to ourselves, if he met a fit Golden states team, he wouldn't have stood a chance
You can only beat what is put in front of you.

2017 WCF Kawhi and the Spurs were running Golden State out of the gym Game 1 before Zaza Pachulia happened. Who knows what would have been the outcome if Kawhi was healthy? You can only beat what is in front of you
Re: The NBA Begins by iamJ(m): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2019
A40:
I'm sure they knew the cost of that. However it would not be an issue once PG returns. They are trading regular season W's for a fresh Kawhi come Postseason. It worked spectacularly for the Raptors with one of the best postseason individual performances
raptors were lucky

lets be honest here

espn, tnt all these broadcasters pay good money to show viewers these stars
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:47am On Nov 07, 2019
steady986:

You are unique, unlike any other person that ever treaded this earth. Know thyself, know thyself, know thyself.

If Kawhi and his team have checked all the parameters and concluded this is best for him given his medical history, then let them do what's best for him.

They've kept him healthy so far, why change what's working?

Do Kawhi, don't do Lebron or Steph or Kobe or KD. Do you.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:20am On Nov 07, 2019
iamJ:

You know this logic can be stretched ad infinitum, right? There are so many if onlys in NBA play offs history, you know. If only Kyrie wasn't injured..., if only Ewing had made that basket, if Kawhi's lucky bounce hadn't gone in, if only the ref had made the right call...

Injuries and improbable misses and lucky bounces and fortutious calls and bad ref decisions have been gifting rings to men for ages. It is and will always be part of what makes this game enigmatic and fun.

Singling out a an event to blame for a win or a loss does not make sense to me. That event is part of the game.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:43am On Nov 07, 2019
iamJ:
raptors were lucky
lets be honest here
espn, tnt all these broadcasters pay good money to show viewers these stars
They made their luck
Would they rather see Kawhi miss 19 odd games or miss a year and half?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
I have no issue whatsoever with Kawhi missing games. His medical records are sealed of course so we dont know whats going on with him and that degenerative quad of his. The clippers are still very good without him and him resting worked out perfectly for the raptors last season. The NBA also reviewed his files and accepted that hes not healthy enough to play every game so like i said, i'm all for it. A players top priority should be his health. This is the kind of inadvertent pressure that is placed on players, the sort that led kd to coming back earlier than he should and blowing up his achilles.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 07, 2019
The Clippers are the obvious favorites to win the chip TBH. I guess me thinking the lakers stood a chance was wishful thinking.

They have the best defensive PG in the league, the best two two-way wings in the league, the two best 6th men in the league and the best bench in the league. A HOF coach in doc rivers. This team is a problem. I don't legitimately see any team that can beat them. Heck one can argue that this team would've given the 2017 warriors a run for their money or even beat them.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
Stop playing possum my guy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
DeeMain:

You are unique, unlike any other person that ever treaded this earth. Know thyself, know thyself, know thyself.

If Kawhi and his team have checked all the parameters and concluded this is best for him given his medical history, then let them do what's best for him.

Kawhi is scamming everybody on the pretext of being the best player in the league grin Even Clippers fans are complaining.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
DeeMain:

If something bad happens now these same people shouting Kawhi this, Kawhi that will be the first to say the team ruined his career with misdiagnosis like KD's case. If Kawhi wants to skip back to back games till the playoffs, he can. It's his team paying for it with their playoffs seeding. If he is lying about his injury, he'll pay for it on the long run because teams most teams won't buy that shít.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
A40:
Like 4 months was not enough for him to recoup. And they had to choose the toughest games for him to sit out.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
DeeMain:

You know this logic can be stretched ad infinitum, right? There are so many if onlys in NBA play offs history, you know. If only Kyrie wasn't injured..., if only Ewing had made that basket, if Kawhi's lucky bounce hadn't gone in, if only the ref had made the right call...

Injuries and improbable misses and lucky bounces and fortutious calls and bad ref decisions have been gifting rings to men for ages. It is and will always be part of what makes this game enigmatic and fun.

Singling out a an event to blame for a win or a loss does not make sense to me. That event is part of the game.
No. This case is unique. Making or missing a shot, the refs missing a call, etc all those things can be overlooked, but when the supposed best player in the league is missing in the finals, that's a big caveat. It's like playing the Bulls in the finals without Jordan. Whoever wins the Bull will always know that their ring has a question mark.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2019
steady986:

Kawhi is scamming everybody on the pretext of being the best player in the league grin Even Clippers fans are complaining.

It was reasoning like this that caused the storm in a tea cup at Spurs. A team you gave your all to prior questioning your injury, loyalty and integrity. By the time the medical proofs were brought to Spurs and Popovich was running around to save the situation, it was already too late. Trust had been killed.

Spurs lost him, Raptors got him and then a championship.

Again, I repeat, you are unique. Know thyself. Do you.

People will talk. Let them talk.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
occam:

It's only 2 games but I'm impressed with the Spurs. However, will they be able to handle young athletic teams like OKC, Bulls or the Heat come playoff time? With a very thin front court (Only Timmy) surviving a grueling 7 games series against any of these teams will be tough.

You will be shocked. ..
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
TalonVonner:
I have no issue whatsoever with Kawhi missing games. His medical records are sealed of course so we dont know whats going on with him and that degenerative quad of his. The clippers are still very good without him and him resting worked out perfectly for the raptors last season. The NBA also reviewed his files and accepted that hes not healthy enough to play every game so like i said, i'm all for it. A players top priority should be his health. This is the kind of inadvertent pressure that is placed on players, the sort that led kd to coming back earlier than he should and blowing up his achilles.

Thanks. Dazall I've been trying to say.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2019
steady986:

Like 4 months was not enough for him to recoup. And they had to choose the toughest games for him to sit out.
Wetin concern you? Why don't you want Kawhi fresh for the postseason? Sitting Kawhi helped the Raptors to a title. Are you scared this would be the outcome if the Clippers followed suit? Is this why you are so pressed?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
Amazing how much of a battle the clippers gave the bucks without kawhi or PG. This team will be something else when everyone is healthy.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2019
Of all the great championship teams, the only team that you could think of was GSW. Are you haunted by the success of GSW? You can definitely make an argument without mentioning GSW.
TalonVonner:
The Clippers are the obvious favorites to win the chip TBH. I guess me thinking the lakers stood a chance was wishful thinking.

They have the best defensive PG in the league, the best two two-way wings in the league, the two best 6th men in the league and the best bench in the league. A HOF coach in doc rivers. This team is a problem. I don't legitimately see any team that can beat them. Heck one can argue that this team would've given the 2017 warriors a run for their money or even beat them.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:17pm On Nov 07, 2019
A40:
Wetin concern you? Why don't you want Kawhi fresh for the postseason? Sitting Kawhi helped the Raptors to a title. Are you scared this would be the outcome if the Clippers followed suit? Is this why you are so pressed?
No be only...
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:23pm On Nov 07, 2019
benji93:
Of all the great championship teams, the only team that you could think of was GSW. Are you haunted by the success of GSW? You can definitely make an argument without mentioning GSW.
Guy, you angry no be small grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2019
I don't run away from arguments. And I would point it out, when I realize that someone is being overly petty. He started well by admitting that the Clippers can win it all come play off time. He suddenly found a way to bring GSW into the matter. Which makes me think GSW was originally on his mind. Then he thought, how can I shade this people today ooo. Then came the Clippers context. grin
steady986:

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2019
benji93:

LMAO Why are warriors fans so sensitive man? Arent the warriors the greatest team in recent times? isnt this a compliment? what is wrong with this guy?
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
steady986:

Dude, theres something inherently wrong with that guy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1396) (1397) (1398) (1399) (1400) (1401) (1402) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.