Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1632412 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:00am On Jan 27, 2020
tex25:

Quite unbelievable how the NBA still allow games to go on today. I know it's business but man this is just too much, this one hits differently.

Some games were already going on when the news began to filter in. There is nothing the NBA can do in a situation as this especially when it had not been officially verified.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:05am On Jan 27, 2020
tex25:

Quite unbelievable how the NBA still allow games to go on today. I know it's business but man this is just too much, this one hits differently.

I was about to say this, all games today should be postponed. I can vividly remember when the Davide Astori of Florentina died on a match day and the whole of serie A fixtures were postponed.

Kobe's death is bigger than basketball

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:16am On Jan 27, 2020
tex25:

Was going to say this

Roland17:

Some games were already going on when the news began to filter in. There is nothing the NBA can do in a situation as this especially when it had not been officially verified.

However I agree all other games should be called off.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2020
chic2pimp:

Was going to say this

However I agree all other games should be called off.

100%. Too many emotions running through the veins of most players and fans.

@ A40, baba take it easy, I know how much you love and were passionate about the Black Mamba on this thread.

Words can’t! Pelicans/ Celtics showing their respect with consecutive 24 second click runoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23am On Jan 27, 2020
Roland17:

100%. Too many emotions running through the veins of most players and fans.

@ A40, baba take it easy, I know how much you love and were passionate about the Black Mamba on this thread.

Words can’t! Pelicans/ Celtics showing their respect with consecutive 24 second click runoffs.
It was a rough week personally and this was just the Coup de Grace really. What can anyone say? We're all on Death row at last.

I don't think Kobe himself would want today's games cancelled. He was literally on his way to coach his kid's team
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:24am On Jan 27, 2020
lolawilliams:

I was about to say this, all games today should be postponed. I can vividly remember when the Davide Astori of Florentina died on a match day and the whole of serie A fixtures were postponed.

Kobe's death is bigger than basketball
He would have wanted today's games to go on knowing Kobe's mentality

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:27am On Jan 27, 2020
lolawilliams:

Everyone loved Kobe. I was crying when I heard about the devastating news. May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Amen. This one really hurts
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:30am On Jan 27, 2020
Such gloomy days. I am watching the Clippers vs Orlando game, and i have never seen such gloom. Everyone is just absent-minded. Unfortunately the games were just about to begin when the tragic incident was confirmed. His loss resonates throughout all of sports. Great loss for sports.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 12:32am On Jan 27, 2020
A40:
He would have wanted today's games to go on knowing Kobe's mentality

So true. He never gives up. I can remember a game he had an injury but still made sure he made his free throws before leaving the court. There can never be another Kobe, there can never

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:59am On Jan 27, 2020
A40:
It was a rough week personally and this was just the Coup de Grace really. What can anyone say? We're all on Death row at last.

I don't think Kobe himself would want today's games cancelled. He was literally on his way to coach his kid's team

My thoughts also, he would ask for games to go on if he could!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Coutinho14: 1:20am On Jan 27, 2020
man I just can't right now, I don't think any celebrity death has hit me this hard before . Kobe just died like that, asin Mamba is dead for real? No this can't be true and to think Gigi died too is just too much for my head to comprehend. #mambaout

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 1:31am On Jan 27, 2020
This hit hard. Kobe? May his and daughter's soul rest in peace.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:34am On Jan 27, 2020
https://twitter.com/12SportsAZ/status/1221558341236748288

Damn. This is heartbreaking. These guys had genuine love for each other. Even while their fans are at each others throats. I'm done with stupid pointless goat debates.

Weather we rooted for Kobe or not, he was an icon to the game. I'm guilty of what you just said, I compare players alot in Soccer, NBA, NFL, UFC etc

I just have to stop it, stop comparing eras and stop under appreciating greatness.

24 FOREVER! we love you Kobe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:12am On Jan 27, 2020
lolawilliams:

Weather we rooted for Kobe or not, he was an icon to the game. I'm guilty of what you just said, I compare players alot in Soccer, NBA, NFL, UFC etc

I just have to stop it, stop comparing eras and stop under appreciating greatness.

24 FOREVER! we love you Kobe

just this week i think, someone asked mj about lbj. you can tell how much older and wiser mj is by his answer. He gave lbj props, said he likes and watches him, and stated eras are different, so comparison makes no sense. Then moved on to next question, no drama.

I was admiring his maturity, wondering if lbj's social media generation would ever grow up to be so mature. Alas, I was presumptuous. There are no such guarantees to life
Re: The NBA Begins by yomi96(m): 8:03am On Jan 27, 2020
I no fit sleep last night. My body just dey shake. Omo nothing dey this life o. Imagine Kobe Bryant with all that he has achieved in his life will just die like that, how I wish there was a time machine or something. Life is truly unfair.

RIP KOBE
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:01am On Jan 27, 2020
I really haven't cried this much since I lost my brother. Words can't really express how I feel. You made me pick up interest in this beautiful game called basketball. The sheer grit and desire which was literally unmatched. You were a great sportsman, but you were even more impressive as a grown man. You overcame a wayward youthfulness that was highlighted by that sex scandal to become a great father and a loving husband. I still play that 81 point game against the Raptors over and over...you were virtually levitating throughout that game. Your finals successes, first with Shaq and then with Pau, really cemented your legacy as the greatest Laker and one of the greatest to ever grace the court. You live on.

R.I.P to you Kobe, R.I.P to you Gigi and all those who lost their lives in that crash.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:14am On Jan 27, 2020
In the infamous words of Draymond Green...."They don't love you like that. You thought you was Kobe"
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:24am On Jan 27, 2020
Damn
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:01pm On Jan 27, 2020
woke up today and no, its not a long bad dream. its for real. cry
i pray for comfort for the Bryant family as well as those of the others in that crash.

You learn more at a funeral than at a feast— After all, that’s where we’ll end up. We might discover something from it. Ecclesiastes 7:2 MSG

May this tragedy change the perspective of those of us living. And God give all of us peace.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
Damn! Kobe just like that? Black Mamba!!! Shit!!

Oh my God!

Rest in Peace mentor!

You had a big impact in my life.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2020
Giannis has literally taken this news to heart. He has gone off both Insta and Twitter. Dude is totally heartbroken. Stay strong MVP.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:51pm On Jan 27, 2020
chic2pimp:
Giannis has literally taken this news to heart. He has gone off both Insta and Twitter. Dude is totally heartbroken. Stay strong MVP.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 8:58pm On Jan 27, 2020
It hit him hard. They were close. I hope he draws strength from it.
chic2pimp:
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2020
Was watching Kobe on CNN Sports last week being interviewed about the racism in Italian football (spent early childhood there) and I was just hailing him black mamba! bahd guy! as he dissected the issues. Little did I know that his days were numbered.

Sad day indeed. I've been hissing and shaking my head intermittently all through today.

RIP great one!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 12:11am On Jan 28, 2020
Just a couple of days ago he was congratulating James for passing him in the all time scorers list...but today he is no more
Very,very,very rude shock. This life just keeps looking more and more somehow to me.
RIP to all who died.
We will miss u,Black Mamba
#LegendsAreForever
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:20am On Jan 28, 2020
He was an icon of the sport. Mamba out
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 6:32am On Jan 28, 2020
Anyways,the show must go on

Nice play by Boylen and Chicago late in the 4th; deliberately fouling Jakob Poeltl in a 29-second span, kinda taking away free throw duties from DeRozan for a moment. Poeltl ended up missing 3 of 4 free throws in that span.

LaVine had been off but came up clutch again. Everyone's still feeling the emotions tho. LaVine said Kobe is part of the reason he wears no.8
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:00am On Jan 28, 2020
birdman:
woke up today and no, its not a long bad dream. its for real. cry
i pray for comfort for the Bryant family as well as those of the others in that crash.

You learn more at a funeral than at a feast— After all, that’s where we’ll end up. We might discover something from it. Ecclesiastes 7:2 MSG

May this tragedy change the perspective of those of us living. And God give all of us peace.
Amen
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:46am On Jan 28, 2020
Days of sober reflection...

Mamba out and out!

#Respect
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2020
While I've had the luck of not losing a friend or a loved one, I've had fair share of seeing people I've met pass away like it's a dream. Sometimes few days or even hours bonding with strangers and not knowing how long they have left is enough. Families wouldn't check up on their loved ones because we take the gift of life for granted and when death does it's thing, everyone gathers around wishing they had called or checked up on them, wishing they had put their grudges aside. It hits hard even as I've not lost anyone but experiencing first hand what their loved ones have to go through reminds me of how painful death is. You have to come to terms with the fact that you will never see them again and you the sad fact that you will never get a second chance to remind them of how special they are. It takes a great deal of strength to recover and I know I'm not ready for it because I know I'm not strong. It's my worst fear. And to everyone who has gone through such pain at anytime, I hope you continue to be strong.
I don't want to lose my friends or my family members because I know that they are the best and are all I've got. I don't pray to lose the friends I've made on this forum either. I don't know how much time I or anyone have left but I'll continue to treat everyone in my life special because that's the right way to live when you don't know how much time you have left.

9 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31am On Jan 29, 2020
I just need Hayward to stay healthy. 29 points to lead all scorers tonight.
#RIP24
Re: The NBA Begins by will007: 11:26am On Jan 29, 2020
@SmooshChn, I hope you're safe in china, considering this outbreak of Corona virus.

Continue to stay safe boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (1496) (1497) (1498) (1499) (1500) (1501) (1502) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.