Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629678 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
You dy mind the guy, make he dy yarn nonsense. Same dude said Lillard is a superstar, I asked dhim to give his list of superstars in the nba he ran away.

I don't even get it, a player whose body has not yet fully formed as peaked? Nonsense take.

There is more to improve than scoring in basketball.
With a good work ethic, his conditioning can improve, he's a sub-optimal free throw and 3 point shooter that also can improve, he can improve his defense to at least become an average defender for his size. Decision making can improve, in fact decision making improves all through a players life they understand when to take over, what to make a play and what the team needs per time.
He's already a confident guy but his confidence and know how to handle playoff intensity will also improve an example is pre-wade and post-wade LeBron.
And someone is mentioning peak angry
Khanben:

No athlete peaks at 21 yrs old whose natural life span ends in their 30's, unless they become lazy and their work ethic drops. History shows that a large majority of athletes peak in terms of performance in the mid and 20's.
Luka still has a lot to improve and IMHO he has not even gotten to that stage where there is complete synergy amongst his athletic ability, Basketball IQ and experience.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 5:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
In fact let's say his peak is a 32, 11, 11 player with shooting splits of 50,40,90 average defense with clutch shooting and play making.
Let's say he does that for 6 to 7 years as his game plateaus, he wins a couple of MVP titles, NBA titles and Final MVP, 10+ all stars.

That's already at least top 10 or 5 worthy career

The scary thing is that those numbers are easily achievable for Luka and all he needs is to win titles to complement that.

Abeg that's a nice peak.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
steady986:

Yea. I think he's very close to his peak, but the numbers will remain the same or slightly better. He can't get much better than this in my opinion. He could score 30 ppg in 2 years time, but that doesn't equate to improvement. And one thing about the NBA is you can't have it all. He could go up to 35ppg but only at the expense of his assists and rebounding. And depending on how fast he grows, he could get way bigger than he is right now, which would only make him adapt to another style of play.

He most certainly won't get outstandingly better than He currently His. If He does,then we are looking at our GOAT. He'll no doubt get better however, that's a given. How much better is up for debate. I don't think His PPG would go through the roof but His efficiency will no doubt get better and so will other aspects of His game.

He also does not need to get that bigger. The Lad is already a unit as it is. Converting His current Baby fat into Lean muscle would be the objective and then maybe adding a bit more muscle down the line.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
A40:
Yeah quite the triangle. And Doc is PG's coach. Interesting. I been dey wonder why he dey cuss PG and not Harrell

He cheated on Her with a stripper who He impregnated. How that happened I'll never know. Callie herself is not innocent. Rumour has it She has been around the block. PG was the best She could have done as far as Star power was concerned. Unlucky for Her that did not work out. Still secured a tier 3(Minor)bag though and married into a good family. So all in all She made the best out of Her situation. Respect to Doc sha.

A40:
What he needs is quality help now. The boy is a generational talent. He's just different from the rest.

Get him pieces that fit his style while he spams the 3 a little less. He is already the best facilitator in the league in my eyes so how much higher can you go from there

He'll get it. Mark Cuban will do all in His power to make sure His talents does not go to waste. NBA fans better hope the Bucks do well this season or the next because they'll be wailing and gnashing of teeth if Adetokunbo decides to take His talents to Texas.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:22pm On Aug 24, 2020
chic2pimp:

He cheated on Her with a stripper who He impregnated. How that happened I'll never know. Callie herself is not innocent. Rumour has it She has been around the block. PG was the best She could have done as far as Star power was concerned. Unlucky for Her that did not work out. Still secured a tier 3(Minor)bag though and married into a good family. So all in all She made the best out of Her situation. Respect to Doc sha.

Baba even offered the stripper $1 mil to abort but she no gree. After she gave birth he asked for a paternity test and the result said "Paul George, YOU ARE THE FATHER"! But I hear they are still together sha..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:28pm On Aug 24, 2020
I have a feeling LeBron will have a 15 point triple double game in an easy win tonight just to get the haters talking again. I swear that man does this sh*it intentionally grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:35pm On Aug 24, 2020
Roland17:

Baba even offered the stripper $1 mil to abort but she no gree. After she gave birth he asked for a paternity test and the result said "Paul George, YOU ARE THE FATHER"! But I hear they are still together sha..

Our Boy's pull out game is weak on and off the court. I don't know How He got himself in that kind of Entanglement? I mean how hard is it to wear a condom?....Yup they are still together.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2020
Not only together they have 2 daughters together and a third which is said to be a boy is on the way. It seems she's here to stay. She has also switched professions.
Roland17:

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2020
chic2pimp:

Our Boy's pull out game is weak on and off the court. I don't know How He got himself in that kind of Entanglement? I mean how hard is it to wear a condom?....Yup they are still together.
It was reportedly immediately the same night after a playoff loss to the Miami heat. Baba was devastated and let his guard, it seems it has worked out well for him sha.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:47pm On Aug 24, 2020
the fans don't say how bad jokic is on defense.
utah spam the same pick and roll play with gobert as the roll man. they scored almost everytime.
all the point he gets on offense, he gives back on defense

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2020
etidy:

It was reportedly immediately the same night after a playoff loss to the Miami heat. Baba was devastated and let his guard, it seems it has worked out well for him sha.

This makes sense sha. Credit to Him though, I never thought they'd last this long. Also like how Doc has been able to separate Business from family matters. Credit to Him too.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by xwolverine: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
Roland17:

Also needs to cut down his TO. Defintely heading for greatness.

Not sure he can do anything bout the turnovers, it comes with the territory if you're An excellent passer like he is.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
This Khris Middleton guy is dreadful. Christttt
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
A40:
Zion ke? Zion ko Palestine ni. His basketball IQ is not even close to Luka.

Also his conditioning and body needs to be in order before I put him in that discussion of best player in his draft never mind Luka who is already a top 10 player in the league. He has a lot of baby fat to lose first.

Luka is Luka I see him more as a Larry Bird incarnate.

You're not called A40 for nothing..simply on point

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 8:51pm On Aug 24, 2020
Yes Khash Money!
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2020
A40:

But what happened??this guy is not that bad..was it cos of the max or it's playoff sickness?? shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2020
xwolverine:

Not sure he can do anything bout the turnovers, it comes with the territory if you're An excellent passer like he is.

I see your position which is a legitimate stance but greats (which he is destined to be based off his trajectory) went on to get better. Steve Nash, magic, Isaiah Thomas, Stockton, Kidd, T. Parker, Sam Cassell, Rondo, Billups all started out with high TO's but as grew they all got better with decision making which reduced TO.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
etidy:
You dy mind the guy, make he dy yarn nonsense. Same dude said Lillard is a superstar, I asked dhim to give his list of superstars in the nba he ran away.

I don't even get it, a player whose body has not yet fully formed as peaked? Nonsense take.

There is more to improve than scoring in basketball.
With a good work ethic, his conditioning can improve, he's a sub-optimal free throw and 3 point shooter that also can improve, he can improve his defense to at least become an average defender for his size. Decision making can improve, in fact decision making improves all through a players life they understand when to take over, what to make a play and what the team needs per time.
He's already a confident guy but his confidence and know how to handle playoff intensity will also improve an example is pre-wade and post-wade LeBron.
And someone is mentioning peak angry

I love the enbolden because he can stand to lose some pounds and in better shape. He does have great upper body that helps him navigate through contact but shedding some pounds and become leaner with pace would not hurt. The 2nd embolden is the reason why i said he can improve with his TO because both are closely related.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
90% from freethrow line? that would be a huge leap. 50% from the field won't be easy too. Doncic is another case study. While it's true that stars peak in their kid 20s on the average, you don't often get stars that already began playing professionally in Europe. He may be indeed close to his ceiling. We'll have to watch how this develops.
etidy:
In fact let's say his peak is a 32, 11, 11 player with shooting splits of 50,40,90 average defense with clutch shooting and play making.
Let's say he does that for 6 to 7 years as his game plateaus, he wins a couple of MVP titles, NBA titles and Final MVP, 10+ all stars.

That's already at least top 10 or 5 worthy career

The scary thing is that those numbers are easily achievable for Luka and all he needs is to win titles to complement that.

Abeg that's a nice peak.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:27pm On Aug 24, 2020
aliondo:

But what happened??this guy is not that bad..was it cos of the max or it's playoff sickness?? shocked
See even elite players struggle with playoff intensity and pressure never mind the ones that are middle tier.

If your #2 guy is not a guy that can take over when your #1 guy has a bad night then they are not worth the max. Which is the problem with Middleton
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2020
Why she no go switch profession now. After she don hook millionaire. cheesy
etidy:
Not only together they have 2 daughters together and a third which is said to be a boy is on the way. It seems she's here to stay. She has also switched professions.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2020
A40:

As in ehn! The Bucks did not pay him max money to be dropping 14, 2, 17 & 21 in the playoffs!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
benji93:
90% from freethrow line? that would be a huge leap. 50% from the field won't be easy too. Doncic is another case study. While it's true that stars peak in their kid 20s on the average, you don't often get stars that already began playing professionally in Europe. He may be indeed close to his ceiling. We'll have to watch how this develops.
If he takes less 3's and improve his free throws he would eliminate two of his biggest weaknesses easy. He's not a player that relies on athleticism either so it's really tough to say how close or far away he is from his ceiling.

I struggle to believe a 21 year old in any sphere of life has hit their ceiling

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:55pm On Aug 24, 2020
Houston are almost impossible to beat when their threes are falling.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2020
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
James Harden is not phuckin around today. Dishing everyone

Roland17:
I talk am!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29732808/sources-philadelphia-76ers-fire-coach-brett-brown-7-seasons
Inevitable. Even the GM should be sweating. The Horfraud and Tobias Harris contract have hooked the 76ers to problems
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Schroeder and CP3 no gree oh. 8-0 run to end the 3rd
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2020
chic2pimp:

Ahhhhh. Go give am belle think say she go abort? Lol who does that.

Ohh even the Doc Rivers daughter dey explore? Nice one
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
I do agree i cannot say with certainty that he's close to his ceiling. But given how high he's started.That's was why i ended with, we will have ot watch and see how this develops.
A40:
If he takes less 3's and improve his free throws he would eliminate two of his biggest weaknesses easy. He's not a player that relies on athleticism either so it's really tough to say how close or far away he is from his ceiling.

I struggle to believe a 21 year old in any sphere of life has hit their ceiling
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2020
CP3 and the mid range..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2020
Roland17:

I love the adjustment in the 4th Q by Donovan. Dort did had excellent job guarding J. Harden throughout the game but I love the fact that Harden did not settle for just 3's because he continued to drive to the bucket. The Thunder moved the ball better in the 3rd, settled for higher percentage shots and reacted better to the Houston rotation by switching match ups way better than they did in the first 3 Q. This is not over by any strecth if the Thunder give a similar performance.

The Thunder tie up the series...This is going to go far like I predicted. Aliondo you guys look good, just need better starts so you are not constantly playing catch up!
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:56pm On Aug 24, 2020
How fit is Westbrook? The Rockets might have to risk it all o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1552) (1553) (1554) (1555) (1556) (1557) (1558) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils, Kibbs(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.