Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,102 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1581) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630503 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:26am On Sep 19, 2020
birdman:
I dont like this award for Giannis. Just like I hate the hype Harden gets. These guys have a loooong way to go to becoming legit superstars. All these accolades are entering these guys heads and they are not putting in the work in the summers. How is a 50 year old Lebron outworking you during the pandemic break?

As we speak theres one wicked black @ss spider in new jersey right now, feeling like he should get to the finals next year, minimum. If Giannis stays with bucks, he could be a permanent regular season performer. Can any older nba player reach this guy and talk to him nitori olorun. This life is not stronghead ooo
I see where you're coming from however I think we are being a bit unfair on Giannis.

This is only his second postseason where he has been expected to do anything. Other big names got multiple opportunities to try and fail so he deserves it too. What I will say is it appears to me like he is now conscious of his limitations and it is clearly fuqin with his head. I am no longer seeing the Giannis that wants all the smoke but a confused Giannis

I think it's become abundantly clear that he needs to either develop a post game or get elite perimeter players. Milwaukee either surround him with that or let him leave

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Kdtrey5: 12:27am On Sep 19, 2020
birdman:
I dont like this award for Giannis. Just like I hate the hype Harden gets. These guys have a loooong way to go to becoming legit superstars. All these accolades are entering these guys heads and they are not putting in the work in the summers. How is a 50 year old Lebron outworking you during the pandemic break?

As we speak theres one wicked black @ss spider in new jersey right now, feeling like he should get to the finals next year, minimum. If Giannis stays with bucks, he could be a permanent regular season performer. Can any older nba player reach this guy and talk to him nitori olorun. This life is not stronghead ooo
true but don't forget that giannis took his team to the ecf when he won his first MVP. If not for KaWhi he would b in the finals and preharps have won it cuz golden state suffered from injuries.however the MVP award is a regular season award given to the best player in the best team and as such he rightly deserved it. The bucks were relatively unknown and he helped transform that team to title contenders

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:39am On Sep 19, 2020
A40:
These guys should piss in one place make e foam. After shouting about why black coaches don't get a look in you're advocating for them to stay but in the same breath suggesting Brett Brown who was missing Ben Simmons should be fired. Meanwhile Doc Rivers, Ty Lue and Cassell failed spectacularly with a team that is supposed to be the prohibitive favorite.

It's these double standards that make people not take black people serious

Brett Brown didn't get fired because Simmons was missing in the playoffs, he got fired because he had no control of the team. Ben Simmons won't even attempt a jump shot while Joel is taking way too many.

Who were the clippers before Doc Rivers? Let's not act like he didn't get them to this point. The bucks coach (Bud) has been guiding number one seeds to get swept out of the playoffs for years but u and every other pundit overlooked that.

What has Luke Walton (love his dad grin) done to warrant being fired from the Lakers and immediately get picked up by Sacrament while Mark Jackson is still wasting away on TNT? (love him on there sha grin).

Sam Cassell is an assistant and Lue has a championship. I know he gets the "LeBron won him" comments but there are many coaches who don't have one.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:39am On Sep 19, 2020
I was thinking about the clippers and bucks collapse, both teams have some good shooters then something struck me. No team has won the NBA in the last decade without one of the following
1. An elite facilitator or
2. A team of multiple average facilitators/intelligent players playing In a coordinated offense.

You look at the clippers the best facilitator was Kawhi averaging 4.2 assist, on the raptors he had Lowry averaging 8.7 Assists in the finals.

It's not enough to have shooters but when the game grinds to an half court offense in the playoffs you need some coordinating the offense and creating easy buckets. This is why LeBron will always be a big plus in any team in the playoffs.
Get Giannis a Chris Paul who is a an elite facilator + respectable shooter and he can play more off the ball. He can get some easy buckets off alley Oops, offensive rebounds etc.

It's one deficiency that Giannis can't shoot. It's another problem that he's the best creator on his team.

A40:
I see where you're coming from however I think we are being a bit unfair on Giannis.

This is only his second postseason where he has been expected to do anything. Other big names got multiple opportunities to try and fail so he deserves it too. What I will say is it appears to me like he is now conscious of his limitations and it is clearly fuqin with his head. I am no longer seeing the Giannis that wants all the smoke but a confused Giannis

I think it's become abundantly clear that he needs to either develop a post game or get elite perimeter players. Milwaukee either surround him with that or let him leave

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by deoreptilia: 2:09am On Sep 19, 2020
Please I need a website to stream tonight match
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:45am On Sep 19, 2020
Okay! Now I am convinced Chuk is reading this thread. Last season, I argued Giannis had not done anything different from the season he won his first MVP and this season prior and now I can say he has not done anything different from what he did last season and this MVP season.

@etidy makes a great point about the Bucks needing a facilitator to improve. I thought allowing Brodgan walk in place of Bledsoe was a mistake. Having a good facilitator will take the pressure of creating away from Khris and Giannis. Both players sacrifice scoring when they become ball handling facilitators.

That being said, Giannis needs to improve on his existing game. No one is going to allow you walk the ball up the court and bully your way past a wall to the rim all the time, especially in the post season when it becomes a half court game. He does not necessarily have to expand his game by becoming a jump shooter, I mean, that will be good but he can get better with his footwork and under the rim skills.

The Bucks will have to totally revamp their style of play if they get a ball handling facilitator like CP3 or a scoring ball handler.

Finally, it is important I say he is a worthy winner of the MVP award because he earned it. He has joined an elite category of MJ and Olajuwon as the only players to have won DPOY & MVP in the same season.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:07am On Sep 19, 2020
PLS guys.....where can i stream?
Re: The NBA Begins by keshprince: 3:37am On Sep 19, 2020
aliondo:
PLS guys.....where can i stream?
Nbastreamz
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:05am On Sep 19, 2020
Boy, Rondo is such a great leader, constantly barking orders and talking to players one on one on every stop.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:10am On Sep 19, 2020
Roland17:

That being said, Giannis needs to improve on his existing game. No one is going to allow you walk the ball up the court and bully your way past a wall to the rim all the time, especially in the post season when it becomes a half court game

THIS!!!!

Roland17:
He does not necessarily have to expand his game by becoming a jump shooter, I mean, that will be good but he can get better with his footwork and under the rim skills.

I don't with the "Him not necessarily needing a Jump Shoot". He might not need a 3 game but boy does He need a Solid Mid range game if He wants to take His game to the next level. Btw I agree with Him needing to improve His non existent footwork. Watch Him closely and you'll see how poor it is.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:13am On Sep 19, 2020
Looks like the Lakers have this sown up. Onto Game as far as the Nuggets are concerned.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:42am On Sep 19, 2020
I'm annoyed that this game didn't end in a blowout. We literally stopped playing from the 8th minute mark in the 4th and a 27-point lead was cut to 12 in the end. The bench guys gotta do better.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:51am On Sep 19, 2020
Big plays by AD, Dwight and Rondo. Dwight was a problem today. Easy win for the Lakers in game 1.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2020
Dwight wants all the smoke grin
Second photo is him getting in on the Nuggets discussions during a free throw cheesy And he had every right to be there. Gotta love that character

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kingLynx(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
Table Tennis Two odds
����
https:///Gx9EXbdWfUr7P5U6IGRWtt

Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
steady986:
I'm annoyed that this game didn't end in a blowout. We literally stopped playing from the 8th minute mark in the 4th and a 27-point lead was cut to 12 in the end. The bench guys gotta do better.
Bro it was Garbage time already. The game was over 6 minutes before the end, they even let Dudley play.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
The 1AM meeting conveyed by Brad and the leaders of the team will be useless if we don't see the results on the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
I thought we were in a bubble. Why the home cooking? The Lakers are already the better team so why were the refs calling everything for the Lakers. There was a foul Bron literally stomped on Grant's foot and still they called it in his favor. Second incident few seconds to the half same thing. A blatant charge on Grant by Bron they turned it to a 3pt play.

Start of the 3rd quarter AD pushes Jokic the refs looked away for an easy lob for the Lakers

These refs were a crying disgrace pure and simple

Abeg let them just call it down the middle. The Lakers are winning anyway so at least make it interesting
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
etidy:
I was thinking about the clippers and bucks collapse, both teams have some good shooters then something struck me. No team has won the NBA in the last decade without one of the following
1. An elite facilitator or
2. A team of multiple average facilitators/intelligent players playing In a coordinated offense.

You look at the clippers the best facilitator was Kawhi averaging 4.2 assist, on the raptors he had Lowry averaging 8.7 Assists in the finals.

It's not enough to have shooters but when the game grinds to an half court offense in the playoffs you need some coordinating the offense and creating easy buckets. This is why LeBron will always be a big plus in any team in the playoffs.
Get Giannis a Chris Paul who is a an elite facilator + respectable shooter and he can play more off the ball. He can get some easy buckets off alley Oops, offensive rebounds etc.

It's one deficiency that Giannis can't shoot. It's another problem that he's the best creator on his team.

Giannis plays like a guard but in a big man's body. The problem is when push comes to shove he lacks the skills of a guard. I think we need to understand though that this kid is 25.

MJ, Bron and almost every other great had flaws in their game. A generational talent like AD sef could not win on his own and went to team up, same with KD, even Bron himself.

What Giannis needs to do is work on his post game. He already has the size to stand and bang in the paint so he needs to realize that come playoff time it's time to move closer to the basket. Play under the rim and put opposing bigs in foul trouble

Use Naija we we level and call Olajuwon to teach him footwork and a low post game
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
keshprince:

Nbastreamz

Thanks bro...I will try it this night for the Boston match....
Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
snoop aint go no chill grin grin

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
Afr0mentalist:

Bro it was Garbage time already. The game was over 6 minutes before the end, they even let Dudley play.
I know. But these bench guys need to up their game whenever they're called upon if they truly want to stake a claim in the rotation. They can't just chill and leverage on the lead the main guys set every time. Every damn time since the playoffs began they have been thoroughly outscored in garbage time. And it's not as if they're playing against starters. Yesterday they closed out the game with something like 6–18. They need to play hard, because honestly that's their only chance to be competitive.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
I swear I see this argument every time cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
Lol. The narrative is slowly changing to "the refs want to give Lakers the series". Carry on cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 3:24am On Sep 20, 2020
The celtics trying to make things right here.

I have been thinking that this 2-0 lead does not truly reflect the level of both franchise. The heat have that dog mentality but the celtics tends to be better in terms of pure talent.

With some luck and focus the series could easily have been 1-1 or even 2-0 for the celtics.

Adebayo though, that nigga knows whatsupp

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:15am On Sep 20, 2020
Nothing to see here.. angry

On to game 4.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:36am On Sep 20, 2020
So Covington took a swipe at LeBron after his fight. We bout to pull up in his front porch to have a word sad
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Roland17:
Nothing to see here.. angry

On to game 4.

Lol, haba we need some ketchup on these fries
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:43pm On Sep 20, 2020
steady986:
So Covington took a swipe at LeBron after his fight. We bout to pull up in his front porch to have a word sad

He is always on their mind.. The hate knows no bounds, to see a bro be successful and speak his own mind. I understand MJ not wanting to go political during his career, cuz you need to bite off only what your personality can chew.

Hats off to Lebron, that's why I always rep that dude. The level of pressure is crazy. He has to watch his taxes, businesses, family, where he goes, what car he rides in etc because powerful people out to get him. But God pass dem...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 5:29pm On Sep 20, 2020
birdman:

He is always on their mind.. The hate knows no bounds, to see a bro be successful and speak his own mind. I understand MJ not wanting to go political during his career, cuz you need to bite off only what your personality can chew.

Hats off to Lebron, that's why I always rep that dude. The level of pressure is crazy. He has to watch his taxes, businesses, family, where he goes, what car he rides in etc because powerful people out to get him. But God pass dem...

Right from High school.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Stormtrooper11(m): 10:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
The next ring winners

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) (1583) (1584) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.