Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627279 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:54am On Sep 28, 2020
chic2pimp:

I don't know about that Man. It will go 6 rounds at the very least.

Man. They have Jimmy who's a dog, herro and Robinson who can shoot the lights out, Bam who's staking a claim to being the best center in the East. Then you add Crowder and Iggy, good wings. You're right, I think I have to revise my prediction to Lakers in 4.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 28, 2020
steady986:
Glad we're playing the Heat tbh. The Celtics were a bad matchup for us. Although I'm not sure if they would have had an answer for AD/Dwight, even though I was expecting Kanter to play more against us.

It'd be interesting to see how the Heat tackle our bigs too. If Bam guards AD then who guards Dwight? Are they going to play Olynik more? Or is Iggy going to guard AD? Which means LeBron would have a field day because Crowder is basically barbeque chicken for him. Butler could try, but he's not stopping LeBron.

Lol we can play them however they want. And if they come with that high school defense gimmick they will get exposed.

Jimmy butler has a long history of LeBron hitting buzzer beating game winners in his face.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:57am On Sep 28, 2020
A40:
Hehehehe. The boy is just a supernova. Considering he didn't move to a country you can call an MMA hotbed. I'm sure he's the only one in the team that took it this far

Absolutely.... It takes talent, drive and ambition to achieve all He has achieved thus far in the sport. As far as I know yup. The majority of us at takewandoo only joined because our parents saw it as a way for us to keep fit. Wonder how He was able to convince His parents to let Him go down the MMA path? Unless He started very late in His life.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:00am On Sep 28, 2020
WeissVonner:

Man. They have Jimmy who's a dog, herro and Robinson who can shoot the lights out, Bam who's staking a claim to being the best center in the East. Then you add Crowder and Iggy, good wings. You're right, I think I have to revise my prediction to Lakers in 4.

LOOOOL grin grin grin......Make that Lakers in 2. The first two games would be walk overs/Gimmes so they might as well not turn up to the Arena.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 28, 2020
Not quite there yet but it's progress. If we can get Paul Pierce of all people to acquiesce then there is still hope for A40. This is my life's calling, to save A40s soul and show him unto the light.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:17am On Sep 28, 2020
chic2pimp:

Absolutely.... It takes talent, drive and ambition to achieve all He has achieved thus far in the sport. As far as I know yup. The majority of us at takewandoo only joined because our parents saw it as a way for us to keep fit. Wonder how He was able to convince His parents to let Him go down the MMA path? Unless He started very late in His life.
Yes he is clearly hungrier than most. I'm sure he tried his hands on other things but it probably didn't work. Though he said he has been fighting since 2008.

Those taekwondo skills definitely are showing because he is about the only guy in that division if not the entire UFC that can stand on one leg and give you a head kick or a question mark kick without loading or telegraphing the kick at all.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:33am On Sep 28, 2020
@A40, I know you are not watching the GOAT desecrate D. Brees and the Saints, without D. Adams angry

I will not tolerate any level of DISRESPECT from you tonight angry angry

You better show the GOAT some respect when you reply to this post, I am not in the mood after the Celtics loss angry angry angry angry

3-0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Roland17:
@A40, I know you are not watching the GOAT desecrate D. Brees and the Saints, without D. Adams angry

You better show the GOAT some respect when you reply to this post, I am not in the mood after the Celtics loss angry angry angry angry

3-0

So are you on the fire Brad Stevens train or the trade Gordon Hayward train?
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:13am On Sep 28, 2020
steady986:

You've been talking positively about LeBron in the past few weeks or so. This is so unlike you. Are you sensing that the title is inevitable and so you're trying to win our hearts so that we don't troll you to death? grin

If you can't beat them, join them.
I am going with the Lakers for the finals, so make I no give myself hypertension. I no fit kill myself
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:24am On Sep 28, 2020
WeissVonner:

grin grin grin grin I totally agree. But it's Lakers in 5, same as all playoffs. There has to be that feel out game for Bron
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:34am On Sep 28, 2020
chic2pimp:

I don't know about that Man. It will go 6 rounds at the very least.
Lol. They said this for virtually every series the Lakers have played so far.

It's Lakers in 4...until it isn't.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

If you can't beat them, join them.
I am going with the Lakers for the finals, so make I no give myself hypertension. I no fit kill myself
Lol. Are you trying to use reverse psychology on the Lakers. Since you've been rooting against them since round 1 and they've been winning, you say make you root for them hoping that they will lose grin
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:05am On Sep 28, 2020
Mehn the heat offer a dangerous opposition to the lakers oh.
Bam to anchor the interior, wing defenders like butler, iggg and crowder and reliable wing shooters in Tyler, Duncan and dragic. Very dangerous team.
They move the ball well too, Brad Steven describes their cutting like that of the warriors, High praises.

Unlike the the previous opponents of the lakers where once you cut of the head usually with double teams like Harden, Lillard and Murray + jokic you paralyze the team. The heat's offence can run through any given night and we should expect lots of jerami grants.

The defining factor will be lakers supporting case.
If KCP, Kuzma, Caruso, Danny Green and Morris all take turns to hit perimeter shoots, the laker will win and it will open the driving lane for LeBron.

Why did the lakers cut Quinn Cook for Jr Smith?. JR Appears even more useless
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:20am On Sep 28, 2020
steady986:

You've been talking positively about LeBron in the past few weeks or so. This is so unlike you. Are you sensing that the title is inevitable and so you're trying to win our hearts so that we don't troll you to death? grin
Win your heart? Sey you be who? That would have been some cute shít. I have just been realistic about the playoffs. It just seems to roll with your fantasy. grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:48am On Sep 28, 2020
A40:

Funny question. What did he do? What was their record and what did his teams rank on offense?

You might as well tell us Kidd taught Giannis how to play basketball. No wonder they are averaging 15+ more wins since he left

So stop your narrative about these coaches not getting opportunities I have named several and most of them fluctuate between average to downright bad

You are a liar without scruples and conscience. Shame on you.

Because I am not supporting nepotism like you means I don't support black coaches. You must be doing crack!! Where were you when we were lamenting Dwayne Casey's firing with the Raptors? Name the successful black coaches that have been fired and their replacement did not come in to do a better job.

Were Doc Rivers white you would be advocating for his firing you bloody hypocrite! I criticize underperforming black coaches and if they have performed to the point where they deserve a sack I will point it out. It's hypocrites like you that never keep the same energy

Now you're just being stupid and ignorant. A lot of black QBs have a history of being runners and not possessing sufficient arm strength to properly run an elite NFL offense. The more you run as a QB the more likely you get hurt, common sense

Even Lamar Jackson had to work on his passing to get to where he is today but you can see that in the playoffs when push comes to shove he still struggles with throwing the football

A former MVP 5 seasons ago. I agree he should have gotten a better deal but common sense should tell you that a mobile quarterback with foot injuries might not exactly be hotcake in the market.

Lmaoooo at your Peyton Manning comparison. You're so clueless. How many TDs did Peyton Manning go on to pass for that year when he was signed. You think Cam will ever match that?

To start with that is a nonsensical analysis. Ever heard of improvement? Was Rome built in one day? The Giannis credits him so who the heck are u to say any different?

U ain't slow. I know u know that without those black coaches those teams would never reach were they are now. U have to crawl before u walk. Have u ever seen a baby come out the womb walking? So why would u expect Mark Jackson to win back to back titles with all young players. This is how u people are joining Donald Trump to do nonsense in America.

I won't b*tch about Rivers the same way I didn't b*tch about George Karl u clown.

Now I know u don't know what u are talking about. We are talking about getting a chance to play the position and u are talking about them getting injured. Dude u can get hurt climbing the stairs so what is your point?

All black quarterbacks are not fast btw.

See there u go. U are already talking about the man's failure. Who are ? Are u Jesus? I tire for people like u sef. Mobile QB with a bad leg. Now compare that to a non mobil QB with a bad neck? U keep talking about common sense biko start using it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 9:02am On Sep 28, 2020
steady986:

Lol. Are you trying to use reverse psychology on the Lakers. Since you've been rooting against them since round 1 and they've been winning, you say make you root for them hoping that they will lose grin

My brother, we are talking about leBron's team here o. If the Lakers lose, I will be the happiest person, but since that team is unstoppable with leBron and AD, I better not stress myself and be neutral for once, I cannot be praying for someone to lose everyday and he only gets better. So better I relax and enjoy myself. Sincerely, Bron na cheat, 4 in 1

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:31am On Sep 28, 2020
etidy:
Mehn the heat offer a dangerous opposition to the lakers oh.
Bam to anchor the interior, wing defenders like butler, iggg and crowder and reliable wing shooters in Tyler, Duncan and dragic. Very dangerous team.
They move the ball well too, Brad Steven describes their cutting like that of the warriors, High praises.

Unlike the the previous opponents of the lakers where once you cut of the head usually with double teams like Harden, Lillard and Murray + jokic you paralyze the team. The heat's offence can run through any given night and we should expect lots of jerami grants.

The defining factor will be lakers supporting case.
If KCP, Kuzma, Caruso, Danny Green and Morris all take turns to hit perimeter shoots, the laker will win and it will open the driving lane for LeBron.

Why did the lakers cut Quinn Cook for Jr Smith?. JR Appears even more useless
Quinn Cook is still a Laker
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
[i][/i]
A40:

Funny question. What did he do? What was their record and what did his teams rank on offense?

You might as well tell us Kidd taught Giannis how to play basketball. No wonder they are averaging 15+ more wins since he left

So stop your narrative about these coaches not getting opportunities I have named several and most of them fluctuate between average to downright bad

You are a liar without scruples and conscience. Shame on you.

Because I am not supporting nepotism like you means I don't support black coaches. You must be doing crack!! Where were you when we were lamenting Dwayne Casey's firing with the Raptors? Name the successful black coaches that have been fired and their replacement did not come in to do a better job.

Were Doc Rivers white you would be advocating for his firing you bloody hypocrite! I criticize underperforming black coaches and if they have performed to the point where they deserve a sack I will point it out. It's hypocrites like you that never keep the same energy

Now you're just being stupid and ignorant. A lot of black QBs have a history of being runners and not possessing sufficient arm strength to properly run an elite NFL offense. The more you run as a QB the more likely you get hurt, common sense

Even Lamar Jackson had to work on his passing to get to where he is today but you can see that in the playoffs when push comes to shove he still struggles with throwing the football

A former MVP 5 seasons ago. I agree he should have gotten a better deal but common sense should tell you that a mobile quarterback with foot injuries might not exactly be hotcake in the market.

Lmaoooo at your Peyton Manning comparison. You're so clueless. How many TDs did Peyton Manning go on to pass for that year when he was signed. You think Cam will ever match that?

Not to butt in, but Lamar Jackson not only won the Heisman in college but also had better passing percentages than Josh Allen. One of the persons saying lamar should switch to receiver, was asked about Allen (who IMHO is now making a case for being a top 10 QB) and his inferior throwing stats in comparism to to Lamar and was also a great athlete, his reply was 'Stats is for losers'.
I am not saying nepotism has a lot to do with coaching hires in the NBA, but sometimes its undertones can be sensed especially in giving someone the benefit of the doubt

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:26pm On Sep 28, 2020
I wonder is Brad Stevens will start getting the Dwayne Casey comparisms?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:34pm On Sep 28, 2020
KNIGHTBlaed:

My brother, we are talking about leBron's team here o. If the Lakers lose, I will be the happiest person, but since that team is unstoppable with leBron and AD, I better not stress myself and be neutral for once, I cannot be praying for someone to lose everyday and he only gets better. So better I relax and enjoy myself. Sincerely, Bron na cheat, 4 in 1

I know A40 and fellow haters association have been shook last couple of days grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by JayBasic(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Afromentalist:

I doubt this prediction die baba. If Middleton does not show up, yes Miami has a slim chance against the Bucks, but they will still have to face the celtics or the raptors. I would not bet on Miami

Ahem!!!

Btw Heat in 6 Nba Finals
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Doc Rivers bye bye
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
Shittaakeem:
Doc Rivers bye bye

Roland17:
Doc has to go! There is no 2 ways about it.. The culture and attitude of this team has been indifferent and that boils down to a lack of discipline. You can not turn it on and off whenever you want. They approached the Hubble with a lot of negligence. A lot of their players showed up whenever they wanted and today they paid dearly for it.

Good radiance!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:06am On Sep 29, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

To start with that is a nonsensical analysis. Ever heard of improvement? Was Rome built in one day? The Giannis credits him so who the heck are u to say any different?
You're a complete doofus. Giannis could give his high school teacher in Greece credit for all I care, the simple question is were the Bucks right or wrong to move on from Jason Kidd.

BascoVanVeli:

U ain't slow. I know u know that without those black coaches those teams would never reach were they are now. U have to crawl before u walk. Have u ever seen a baby come out the womb walking? So why would u expect Mark Jackson to win back to back titles with all young players. This is how u people are joining Donald Trump to do nonsense in America.
I'm not here for your shoulda woulda coulda analysis and the rest of the megedefegede you spewed above. Even a 5 year old can see the difference in quality of basketball the Warriors played in both eras. Now even if we agree Mark Jackson was wrongfully fired can you with a straight face say Steve Kerr has not done a better job?

BascoVanVeli:

I won't b*tch about Rivers the same way I didn't b*tch about George Karl u clown.
Shut up Mr Nepotism we have no evidence of this going by your antecedents. If a coach is underperforming I call him out regardless of race. The same way I stand with Mike Tomlin because I know he is doing a damn good job with the Steelers

I don't see race. I see you based on what you do

BascoVanVeli:

Now I know u don't know what u are talking about. We are talking about getting a chance to play the position and u are talking about them getting injured. Dude u can get hurt climbing the stairs so what is your point?
Why are you being stupid on purpose? As if coaches and GMs are not supposed to project. Have you forgotten a certain RG3??

BascoVanVeli:

All black quarterbacks are not fast btw.
Name 1 black QB that is not mobile. I will name 5 that are. But continue chatting nonsense about a sport you know nothing about

BascoVanVeli:

See there u go. U are already talking about the man's failure. Who are ? Are u Jesus? I tire for people like u sef. Mobile QB with a bad leg. Now compare that to a non mobil QB with a bad neck? U keep talking about common sense biko start using it
I'm convinced you are dyslexic way beyond a reasonable doubt. How you botch even the most basic English like there's some language barrier in your head defies logic

So tell us. How many touchdown passes and Superbowl appearances did that QB with a bad neck achieve. Mumu! Imagine comparing Cam Newton to Peyton friggin Manning

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:18am On Sep 29, 2020
Khanben:
[i][/i]

Not to butt in, but Lamar Jackson not only won the Heisman in college but also had better passing percentages than Josh Allen. One of the persons saying lamar should switch to receiver, was asked about Allen (who IMHO is now making a case for being a top 10 QB) and his inferior throwing stats in comparism to to Lamar and was also a great athlete, his reply was 'Stats is for losers'.
I am not saying nepotism has a lot to do with coaching hires in the NBA, but sometimes its undertones can be sensed especially in giving someone the benefit of the doubt
Lamar Jackson won the Heisman two years before he entered the league let's not forget. It's not like he was the hottest property going to the draft

A bad talent evaluation should not always be misconstrued as a race matter. Didn't the Ravens go all out to get Lamar?

The Cavs fired a white coach and hired a black one this off season. I didn't hear anyone complain. Roles reversed and there would have been outrage. You have Stephen A openly advocating for the Sixers to hire Doc Rivers ahead of Mike D'Antoni whereas to any objective eye it can be easily argued that Mike D'Antoni did a far better job in Houston than Doc Rivers did with the Clippers. This is the double standards that irritates my soul

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 29, 2020
Lol. Frank Vogel has won as many playoff series in one year with the Lakers as Doc Rivers has in 7 years. Anyone who refuses to admit the failures of Doc Rivers in LA is being disingenuous.

I guess the Clippers were waiting to see if the Nuggets beat the Lakers as well before finalizing their decision. It's clearly the right one IMO, there's no two ways about it.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:52am On Sep 29, 2020
A40:
Lamar Jackson won the Heisman two years before he entered the league let's not forget. It's not like he was the hottest property going to the draft

A bad talent evaluation should not always be misconstrued as a race matter. Didn't the Ravens go all out to get Lamar?

The Cavs fired a white coach and hired a black one this off season. I didn't hear anyone complain. Roles reversed and there would have been outrage. You have Stephen A openly advocating for the Sixers to hire Doc Rivers ahead of Mike D'Antoni whereas to any objective eye it can be easily argued that Mike D'Antoni did a far better job in Houston than Doc Rivers did with the Clippers. This is the double standards that irritates my soul

Stephen A is a mo.ron. Him bringing up race when Steve Nash was appointed really made him look like a fool. African Americans are sometimes the architects of their destruction. This is why some people find it hard to listen to their plight because their approach to a lot of things is entirely wrong. Are they being marginalized? Of course they are, but you can't be advocating for equality and in the same breath propagating double standards. The Montrezl Luka incident also comes to mind. Then there's coming for Adele for "cultural appropriation" for harmlessly wearing Bantu knots and Jamaican colors . They need to figure out what exactly it is they're trying to do. They need to throw this inferiority complex and victim mentality out the window.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:03am On Sep 29, 2020
WeissVonner:

Stephen A is a mo.ron. Him bringing up race when Steve Nash was appointed really made him look like a fool. African Americans are sometimes the architects of their destruction. This is why some people find it hard to listen to their plight because their approach to a lot of things is entirely wrong. Are they being marginalized? Of course they are, but you can't be advocating for equality and in the same breath propagating double standards. The Montrezl Luka incident also comes to mind. They need to figure out what exactly it is they're trying to do.
It was really pathetic watching him openly lobby for Doc Rivers to be hired ahead of Mike D'Antoni. Imagine a Will Cain or Max Kellerman doing that rubbish on live TV. They would have been called racists. For some reason a lot of these African Americans feel they are incapable of being racists as well and have this ridiculous entitlement mentality. You appropriate African culture and yet consider yourselves different from Africans or alienate them

I don't know why you would ever sit with a straight face complain about marginalization or race yet openly back a coach who has clearly underperformed.

This man was front and center actively pushing for Brett Brown to get fired but kept conjuring excuse after excuse for Doc Rivers who had his full squad even suggesting that a coach who has lost multiple series with the better team and has for 7 years failed to take the Clippers past the second round be allowed to run it back. A coach that enabled these players and encouraged their indiscipline. From the Luka-Montrezl incident, to Luka and Marcus Morris

It was really irritating to watch.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:13am On Sep 29, 2020
Roland17:

3-0
Credit to your guy. I had 5 on them winning so he won me money. More credit should go to Zadarius Smith though. He won that game with that fumble recovery when the Saints were marching down the field in the 4th.

Too bad he will never win another Superbowl hell he might never get to another one grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:56am On Sep 29, 2020
Where is that nepotistic clown. You can see how Lamar Jackson looks when he has to face a real QB. Midway into the 4th and he has less than 100 yards. In fact he has more running yards than passing as we speak. This is what some GMs or coaches see and decide to convert him to another position. Erroneous maybe but definitely not a matter of race.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:03am On Sep 29, 2020
WeissVonner:

That has always been the Danny Green experience. The good news is he does better as a series progresses and I expect a big game from him today. But sadly you're right, while he plays good defense most times he just doesn't seem to be worth the headache at 15m. If only they can package him along with Kuzma and a few picks for a proper third option who can get his own shot. I know Beal is a pipe dream but anyone in his ilk will do. Perhaps a Brogdon or Oladipo. Dion just doesn't seem like he will fulfill his potential. I would also like to see them get a ruthless sniper. All or shooters are wildly Inconsistent. KCP is the only one who has cemented his place in this team so far IMO. Markieff has also been great, I hope they get him back next year.

BTW I saw a rumor about Westbrook to LA and uhhh.... No thanks! cheesy

Oladipo wants out of Indiana. Unfortunately the Lakers don't have the assets or flexibility to make it work.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:48am On Sep 29, 2020
Doc Rivers out! Man, his coaching got exposed vs Nuggets. Sad to see him go out this way. What happens to Ty Lue and co? Lue shoulda taken the Lakers coaching job!! Over shakara

(1) (2) (3) ... (1593) (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Skrrrrrrr, Ellexy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.