Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1618709 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:27am On Oct 01, 2020
Kawhi watching this series be like....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2020
LeBron lost the finals in 2015 with two major injuries, a series he would have won. But the haters and media happily counted it as a loss. So let's keep that same energy this year.

Besides, Dragic only started 2 games in the regular season for the Heat, whereas Kendrick Nunn started every single game. So it's kind of like reverting to status quo. Bam will be back for game 2 I suppose.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afr0mentalist: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2020
etidy:

Can lebtards stop...
No offense bro, but you started with the insults and disrespect. Then you turn around to blame him for disrespecting you. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2020
The Lakers are winning the chip. There's levels to this shit abeg. Dragic, Butler and Bam's injury won't help either. These media people should stop acting like the Lakers aren't good.

Fúck Kawhi and the Clippers anyways. Biggest frauds in LA.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:22am On Oct 01, 2020
SmooshCHN:
The Lakers are winning the chip. There's levels to this shit abeg. Dragic, Butler and Bam's injury won't help either. These media people should stop acting like the Lakers are good.

Fúck Kawhi and the Clippers anyways. Biggest frauds in LA.

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2020
WeissVonner:

would've won a ring in 2019 if he was on the bucks. This run has just vaulted him over Kawhi in my books. Yes I said it!

LOOOOOOL Won what ring? Why do you think He bolted at the first opportunity to team up with a TOP 3(at worst) player of all time?

Ringlessness awaits Giannis in the nearest future if He doesn't realise the NBA is now Star driven and you simply can't do it on your own. The days of Hakeem 94 and Duncan 03 are long gone.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:26pm On Oct 01, 2020
steady986:

like the Lakers aren't good. It was obviously a typo grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
chic2pimp:

LOOOOOOL Won what ring? Why do you think He bolted at the first opportunity to team up with a TOP 3(at worst) player of all time?

Ringlessness awaits Giannis in the nearest future if He doesn't realise the NBA is now Star driven and you simply can't do it on your own. The days of Hakeem 94 and Duncan 03 are long gone.

AD on the 2019 Bucks team would've beaten the Raptors and that carcass of the GSWs.

Uhh he bolted because his team in NO was as- cheeks and he realized what Giannis hasn't yet. Now he's building his own legacy and is on track to be FMVP.

I keep listening to ringless people like Chuck telling him to stay in Milwaukee and get better because "Thats what Jordan did". Lol! In todays NBA, you try that nonsense and you end up like you said, ringless. The Bucks are going to flame out again next year and he's going to be at a crossroads like LeBron was in 2010, its either he does whats best for his career or he continues his pointless loyalty at the detriment of his legacy and see himself end up like "Championship Chuck".

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2020
WeissVonner:

AD on the 2019 Bucks team would've beaten the Raptors and that carcass of the GSWs.

Uhh he bolted because his team in NO was as- cheeks and he realized what Giannis hasn't yet. Now he's building his own legacy and is on track to be FMVP.

I keep listening to ringless people like Chuck telling him to stay in Milwaukee and get better because "Thats what Jordan did". Lol! In todays NBA, you try that nonsense and you end up like you said, ringless. The Bucks are going to flame out again next year and he's going to be at a crossroads like LeBron was in 2010, its either he does whats best for his career or he continues his pointless loyalty at the detriment of his legacy and see himself end up like "Championship Chuck".

Beaten the Raptors with the likes of Khris and Eric? Definitely not in this life or the next. The result would have remained the same.

Props to AD for realising that. He clearly saw where His career was heading, decided to take the Bull by the Horn and is clearly reaping the benefits of that decision. Basketball is a short career so you have to make the most of it.

The so called "Old heads" tend to look at things through rose tinted glasses. Do you think MJ would have stayed if He did not have Pippen by His side? He better not listen to these folks. If KD had listened to any of their advice and stayed put, He would still be ringless by now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2020
chic2pimp:

Beaten the Raptors with the likes of Khris and Eric? Definitely not in this life or the next. The result would have remained the same.

Props to AD for realising that. He clearly saw where His career was heading, decided to take the Bull by the Horn and is clearly reaping the benefits of that decision. Basketball is a short career so you have to make the most of it.

The so called "Old heads" tend to look at things through rose tinted glasses. Do you think MJ would have stayed if He did not have Pippen by His side? He better not listen to these folks. If KD had listened to any of their advice and stayed put, He would still be ringless by now.

The Raptors primarily exploited Giannis's inability to shoot during the WCF. You saw what AD did yesterday to a team trying to play him like that. If you can get AD a quality playmaker, that's all he needs to dominate.

I still maintain KD should have gone to any other promising team and still won but plastic or not, he did win his rings and his legacy is better because of it. Funny thing is Chuck did try to ring chase at the end of his career but it was too late then. I think the old heads are jealous that this generations players have taken their destiny into their hands so they call it soft or treacherous. Why a lot of them have a seething hatred for LeBron and his player empowerment movement. I just hope Giannis learns before it's too late.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2020
A40:
Where is that nepotistic clown. You can see how Lamar Jackson looks when he has to face a real QB. Midway into the 4th and he has less than 100 yards. In fact he has more running yards than passing as we speak. This is what some GMs or coaches see and decide to convert him to another position. Erroneous maybe but definitely not a matter of race.

Players are allowed to have bad games. Lamar for now has not figured out how to win from behind, but IMHO he will get there.
As an aside if Andrews has not dropped that TD it might have been a totally different game
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 01, 2020
Kyrie Irving man cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2020
Kyrie Irving speaks on the coaching situation: "I don't really see us having a "head" coach. KD could be a head coach, I could be a head coach (some days)."

KD adds: "Jacque Vaughn could be a head coach could do it one day. It's a collaborative effort."

Steve Nash is in trouble man cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2020
4th quarter playoff scoring...

2015:
LeBron - 164 points, 40%
Kyrie - 55 points, 34%

2016:
LeBron - 120 points, 48%
Kyrie - 99 points, 42%

2017:
LeBron - 122 points, 47%
Kyrie - 59 points, 38%

I seriously blame Skip Bayless for pumping air into his head. I wonder where this shot making ability was when he was choking with Boston last year.

Kudos to him, he hit the big shot in 2016, but people forget, Bron went on a personal run including the 3 to tie the game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2020
I'm going to make this prediction, you can bookmark this, call me out one year from now if it's not true. The Brooklyn Nets are definitely going to implode next year and Kyrie and KD will have a huge role in it. The Equanimity that Steph and Bron provided for them, they can't provide for themselves and inevitably they will fail. I wonder where Kyrie would be if Bron never went back to Cleveland, I wonder where KD would be if the didn't pull the biggest b-tch move in NBA history. This reminds me of all the sh-t Pandemic P was talking before the season started.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:52pm On Oct 01, 2020
WeissVonner:
Donlittle25

Don't think I haven't noticed you bouncing in and out of this thread without commenting for the past week. I know why you've gone into hiding. You don't have to, I'll take it easy on you, I promise.
i they lagos, make we throw hands for that chevron side if he sure for you grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 6:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
WeissVonner:

Steve Nash is in trouble man cheesy

they really said that grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 6:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Kyrie is out of his damn mind and I'm not even a LeBron Stan.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 01, 2020
donlittle25:
i they lagos, make we throw hands for that chevron side if he sure for you grin

Ooh come on little man. I could never fight with you, you're my best friend. You know this. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2020
donlittle25:
they really said that grin

All I know is next season is going to be en fuego! Almost every team in the west is a strong playoff contender. The big drama show with Kyrie and KD returning. The warriors returning. The clippers regrouping. It's going to be a great season.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 01, 2020
WeissVonner:

All I know is next season is going to be en fuego! Almost every team in the west is a strong playoff contender. The big drama show with Kyrie and KD returning. The warriors returning. The clippers regrouping. It's going to be a great season.
Brooklyn is in the East.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2020
alexxiswrites:
Brooklyn is in the East.

Whats your point?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2020
The fact is the lakers has been the best team in the league this season, wire to wire.
They finished number 1 in a tougher conference, faced more adversity than most teams and will deservedly win the title.
This title takes LeBron to at least on equal pedestal with Jordan and whatever the haters say, this has been one of the toughest NBA playoffs ever.

To win in a bubble is the ultimate test of character. No home court advantage despite earning it in the regular season, no fans to give you energy. Just your own efforts mano a mano on equal footing against your opponents.

I see the likes of skip are already bringing up an asterisks because of the injuries to dragic, bam and butler which is ridiculous.
But then again, it's also ridiculous that
Some part of the media and fandom still hold it against steph for beating an underhanded cavs team in 2015.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2020
Khanben:

Players are allowed to have bad games. Lamar for now has not figured out how to win from behind, but IMHO he will get there.
As an aside if Andrews has not dropped that TD it might have been a totally different game
You guys just don't like observing patterns. I'm not saying he will never figure it out. But you can see how uncomfortable he has consistently looked when he has to throw the football. How can anyone not understand that this might influence how an evaluator would look at him when he consistently runs for more yards than he passes in games like these

No need to play that if and buts game. If the Chiefs S/T did their job the Ravens only score 13pts. Someone's failure leads to the results we see on the field
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:46am On Oct 02, 2020
etidy:
The fact is the lakers has been the best team in the league this season, wire to wire.
They finished number 1 in a tougher conference, faced more adversity than most teams and will deservedly win the title.
This title takes LeBron to at least on equal pedestal with Jordan and whatever the haters say, this has been one of the toughest NBA playoffs ever.

To win in a bubble is the ultimate test of character. No home court advantage despite earning it in the regular season, no fans to give you energy. Just your own efforts mano a mano on equal footing against your opponents.

I see the likes of skip are already bringing up an asterisks because of the injuries to dragic, bam and butler which is ridiculous.
But then again, it's also ridiculous that
Some part of the media and fandom still hold it against steph for beating an underhanded cavs team in 2015.
I agree with most of what you said minus the equal pedestal part. I won't asterisk anything same way I don't asterisk KD's rings, 2015 or any other rings. Everyone played under same conditions. That banter holds no water for me

However you can't be on the same pedestal with the GOAT when you have a player on your squad that can get you 34-9-5.

Jordan never needed a guy 9 years younger and in his prime to compete. Can you imagine what MJ does to any league with a half decent big
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:05am On Oct 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

Actually what these playoffs have shown is that AD has alpha talent but beta mentality. I think the argument of who's better between him and AD has been closed for now

However we have no proof and will have no proof for quite sometime that AD is able to lead a team like the Bucks or any team to a title. He's not even the unanimous best player on the Lakers. That's why despite his skill set if this winds up being the only ring he wins nobody is ever going to put him ahead of a Dirk or a Karl Malone never mind Duncan

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:16am On Oct 02, 2020
Doc Rivers to the Sixers. Hope he delivers this time.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:32am On Oct 02, 2020
chic2pimp:

People keep downplaying how poorly these guys played that series. Especially Eric friggin Bledsoe who should not be a starting PG of any team hoping to compete in this league

chic2pimp:

Fair enough and this is why haters need to lay off KD for good. Everyone is taking the shortest path possible to the ring these days. That's just what it is

chic2pimp:

He would have stayed. Most of those old school players are cut from a much different cloth than the players of now. Do you know what it means to lose to the same team 3 times in a row and keep fighting? Hakeem didn't leave, Malone spent 18 years in Utah, Robinson didn't leave, Dirk never left Dallas and stayed till he won. Rings have always mattered but players also wanted to be revered in their franchises.
Re: The NBA Begins by tygar(m): 2:36am On Oct 02, 2020
Everybody knows it’s better for your legacy to lose before the Finals than lose in the Finals. IYKYK
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:28am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:
Actually what these playoffs have shown is that AD has alpha talent but beta mentality. I think the argument of who's better between him and AD has been closed for now

I agree. AD has overtaken Him for the time being. Tbh no one has ever disputed the fact that AD is the more talented one after all there is a reason why He was the undisputed Numero Uno in His draft class whilst Giannis was not even in the Top12 recruits.

A40:
However we have no proof and will have no proof for quite sometime that AD is able to lead a team like the Bucks or any team to a title. He's not even the unanimous best player on the Lakers. That's why despite his skill set if this winds up being the only ring he wins nobody is ever going to put him ahead of a Dirk or a Karl Malone never mind Duncan

I agree with this too most especially the first part. We will only know of His ability to lead once King James either retires or finally declines. With regards to the second bit, I reckon a Ring and a FMVP this year plus a Regular season MVP next year gets Him close to Malone maybe not Dirk but certainly not Timmy.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:56am On Oct 02, 2020
A40:

People keep downplaying how poorly these guys played that series. Especially Eric friggin Bledsoe who should not be a starting PG of any team hoping to compete in this league

I can't emphasise this well enough. They were absolutely dreadful. The least said about Eric the better

A40:

Fair enough and this is why haters need to lay off KD for good. Everyone is taking the shortest path possible to the ring these days. That's just what it is
Even if you hated the decision He took 4 summers ago, your stance should have softened a lot by now especially with the near Career ending injury He suffered. The pressure He would have been under to get back to the court if He had sustained that injury without any rings would have been immense.

A40:

He would have stayed. Most of those old school players are cut from a much different cloth than the players of now. Do you know what it means to lose to the same team 3 times in a row and keep fighting? Hakeem didn't leave, Malone spent 18 years in Utah, Robinson didn't leave, Dirk never left Dallas and stayed till he won. Rings have always mattered but players also wanted to be revered in their franchises.

If you transported those aforementioned players into the Current climes, you best bet they'll be falling over themselves trying to find a way to Link up to give themselves the best chance of winning. Malone for example i'm sure will do things differently if He could turn back time. He went to the Lakers but by time, it was too late.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 4:16am On Oct 02, 2020
WeissVonner:

The Raptors primarily exploited Giannis's inability to shoot during the WCF. You saw what AD did yesterday to a team trying to play him like that. If you can get AD a quality playmaker, that's all he needs to dominate.

I still maintain KD should have gone to any other promising team and still won but plastic or not, he did win his rings and his legacy is better because of it. Funny thing is Chuck did try to ring chase at the end of his career but it was too late then. I think the old heads are jealous that this generations players have taken their destiny into their hands so they call it soft or treacherous. Why a lot of them have a seething hatred for LeBron and his player empowerment movement. I just hope Giannis learns before it's too late.

You said yourself "He'll need a quality playmaker". Who in the current Bucks squad can you confidently say is a quality playmaker? The end result would have remained the same had you swapped Giannis for AD.

Which promising team(s) do you think He should have gone too? Which one of those teams would have given a shot at 2 rings? Remember the team He was leaving behind could also be described as promising too. Dude was done waiting. He was in the Win Now mode.

Exactly His Leagacy is secure. Chuck wishes He had teamed up with a Clyde or Ewing early on in His career. Must be frustrating having the likes of Kenny Smith and Draymond take the mic. Dudes that were/are not in His strastophere as players.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) (1601) (1602) ... (2201) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Khanben

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.