Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623316 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2020
Congrats to the Lakers. A well deserved victory.

If you still underate a LeBron led team at this point, o wrong. It's just wrong abeg.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:01am On Oct 12, 2020
Nick Wright is making perfect sense.

Going by some people's logic, Jimmy Butler is hurting his legacy by losing a finals, than Giannis who did not even get to Conference Finals. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 12, 2020
steady986:

Naa, I'm sure of what I heard

Adam Silver: “I have a feeling that this Finals MVP is going to have a trophy named after him one day.”

I understand why many people misheard/confused that though.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:41am On Oct 12, 2020
Afromentalist:
A40, God has a message for you about Lebron wink
Are we sure he didn't register another account with an entirely different name? Because I could see a lot of new names today grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 12, 2020
Thinking about a 3 peat.

Re: The NBA Begins by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2020
steady986:
Adam Silver just said the FMVP trophy could be named after LeBron one day. Shots fired to Michael tongue

An AWARD not the MVP. If Bill Russell starts talking up himself everywhere go bust grin Michael will probably get the logo because even after Kobe died ppl did not want to hear him being the logo cuz of Mike.

I just take the LeBron slander as compliments because I used to do the same to Kobe just to spite my friends grin Kobe finally shut me up in his last finals. Probably the greatest solo performance I ever witnessed along side D Wade when he was with Shaq. He (Kobe) had a better team than Bron this year but the heat are not close to the Celtics level.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
Thoughts and prayers are with D. Prescot.. What a devastating injury.. Worse off, he is without a contract after this season!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
benji93 I see you. You keep sneaking in here when the thread is empty. Don't worry, we'll go easy on you grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 2:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
I just dropped in today. cheesy grin. The Heat winning was an almost impossible scenario. In fact they overachieved by winning 2 games. There are a lot of things that i would say regarding this and as an extension the GOAT conversation, but i would rather shelve it for now. This is a joyous occasion. Enjoy this. Well deserved.
steady986:
benji93 I see you. You keep sneaking in here when the thread is empty. Don't worry, we'll go easy on you grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
DeeMain:

Smh. Just speechless.
Did you catch her using steroids mate? Show some respect to the dead please
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:
Thoughts and prayers are with D. Prescot.. What a devastating injury.. Worse off, he is without a contract after this season!!!
Really sucks. I heard they offered him $35m but he was pushing for $40m if true I don't think he played his cards well because he's not a $40m QB but I hope it all works out good for him in the end. He's a high character player that gives everything on the field
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
DeeMain:
A40 and his Houdini acts grin

A40 please appear, we are going to take it easy on you cheesy

Afromentalist:
A40, God has a message for you about Lebron wink
You lot are really dancing in my mentions because LeNomad and his stacked team beat an undermanned Heat team with players that literally were playing in college in 2018. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Really sucks. I heard they offered him $35m but he was pushing for $40m if true I don't think he played his cards well because he's not a $40m QB but I hope it all works out good for him in the end. He's a high character player that gives everything on the field

The NFL is a brutal league and yes he was offered $35M but his camp kept pushing for more because according to them he deserved more and now he is with nothing. A lot will depend on how he recovers. This season is already gone, so we talking about 2021 or even 2022 season and by then he will be 28/29 years old..make what you want out of that but it doesn't look promising. It will be interesting to see what Jerry Jones does and how Andy Dalton performs while Dak is out. I wish he took the money, his future would have been secured. The shelf life of NFL players is getting shorter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:

You lot are really dancing in my mentions because LeNomad and his stacked team beat an undermanned Heat team with players that literally were playing in college in 2018. grin

Don't mind them..We know what happened when he tried to do with last year..Opelope AD joined them..They want us to forget he stacked his Heat and Lakers team but will hold a grudge with the slimreaper for winning a title with the Warriors. I never get their time. Let them enjoy their ring for a bit..

AD and Rondo got a ring and that matters to me..
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
PG Lebron
SG Green
SF Kuzma
PF AD
C Javale

Mark me, we are still going to set this league on fire. Look at these peasants making fun of the lakers for having lebron and AD cause they missed out on Kawhi. LMAO! You will all cry, one way or another.

I warned you lot a very long time ago.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

Don't mind them..We know what happened when he tried to do with last year..Opelope AD joined them..They want us to forget he stacked his Heat and Lakers team but will hold a grudge with the slimreaper for winning a title with the Warriors. I never get their time. Let them enjoy their ring for a bit..

Glad you're admitting how pained you are. As if you also didn't have the Clippers winning this year. After drooling all over the Clippers now the Lakers are stacked.

Keep crying. After all the Celtics will never win another Chip in this century so that's all you'll be doing.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
Celtics Owner
GOAT Killer
Throne Usurper
Dominator
Franchise Slayer
Undisputed GOAT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 12, 2020
Can't wait for Space Jam 2 so they can cry even more.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

The NFL is a brutal league and yes he was offered $35M but his camp kept pushing for more because according to them he deserved more and now he is with nothing. A lot will depend on how he recovers. This season is already gone, so we talking about 2021 or even 2022 season and by then he will be 28/29 years old..make what you want out of that but it doesn't look promising. It will be interesting to see what Jerry Jones does and how Andy Dalton performs while Dak is out. I wish he took the money, his future would have been secured. The shelf life of NFL players is getting shorter.
I can understand his grouse. The Cowboys are partly to blame because they could have extended Dak when the likes of Wentz, Goff got extended I'm sure that is also what played on his mind. Considering their rookie deals were way higher than his

Dak on his part overplayed his hands as well. I heard he's making a boatload of money off the field just by virtue of being a QB of 'America's team' he should have put that into consideration and taken a little less to secure his future. He bet on himself last year but assuming he was going to succeed at that strategy two years in a row was a very unnecessary risk.

I hope he doesn't get treated like Cam who struggled to get a team. If Andy Dalton goes on to make the playoffs, which he can in that weak ass division what incentive does Jerry Jones have to not let him walk and bolster that rubbish defense they have
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 12, 2020
benji93:
I just dropped in today. cheesy grin. The Heat winning was an almost impossible scenario. In fact they overachieved by winning 2 games. There are a lot of things that i would say regarding this and as an extension the GOAT conversation, but i would rather shelve it for now. This is a joyous occasion. Enjoy this. Well deserved.

Bend the knee, Benji.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

Lmaooooooo. Let them allow us rest with their Disney ring

Nobody is even talking about AD and his 25pts and 10 rebounds contribution. If he likes let him not acquire that alpha mentality. It would be on his CV that he was carried. At least with KD we know he was the best player on the team and when he got hurt they couldn't beat Toronto

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:

Nobody is even talking about AD and his 25pts and 10 rebounds contribution. If he likes let him not acquire that alpha mentality. It would be on his CV that he was carried. At least with KD we know he was the best player on the team

LOL AD has gotten a lot of credit, stop trying to cause mischief. Nobody in the history of basketball will be the best player on a team with LeBron James. Alpha or not, AD is a champion.

Very soon he along with Giannis will be carrying LeBron to four more championships. You'll be crying for a very long time A40.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

Glad you're admitting how pained you are. As if you also didn't have the Clippers winning this year. After drooling all over the Clippers now the Lakers are stacked.

Keep crying. After all the Celtics will never win another Chip in this century so that's all you'll be doing.

Let us clarify that you have no loyalty with the Lakers, infact you have been on record disrespecting Lakers legends like Kobe especially when he was matched up against LeBum..So let us not pretend like all of a sudden you have become this Lakers fanatic..Your support ends whereever LeBum stops, nothing more.
I thought you would have something better than that. The Clippers were a better matchup than the Nuggets or any other W conference team and you know that. You were defintely not winning a 7 game series against the Clippers 4-2. The Lakers are a respectable franchsie and true Lakers understand there is a level of mutual respect between both teams.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:38pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

LOL AD has gotten a lot of credit, stop trying to cause mischief. Nobody in the history of basketball will be the best player on a team with LeBron James. Alpha or not, AD is a champion.

Very soon he along with Giannis will be carrying LeBron to four more championships. You'll be crying for a very long time A40.
Not nearly enough. Especially for his defensive work.

The real GOAT would have led the Heat past Dallas and not allowed himself get outplayed by Dwyane Wade. MJ never folded in any playoff series. He would be the best player in every team including a team with LeNomad on it

By now it's very clear what LeNomad's legacy is. Team up with his draft mates in his early years (Wade, Bosh) leave to team up with younger players (Kyrie,Love) and a motley crew of role players, then team up with even younger players in his latter years (AD) this man is literally a basketball Touareg extending his championship window in the most cunning and smart way possible (I give him that)
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

Let us clarify that you have no loyalty with the Lakers, infact you have been on record disrespecting Lakers legends like Kobe especially when he was matched up against LeBum..So let us not pretend like all of a sudden you have become this Lakers fanatic..Your support ends whereever LeBum stops, nothing more.
I thought you would have something better than that. The Clippers were a better matchup than the Nuggets or any other W conference team and you know that. You were defintely not winning a 7 game series against the Clippers 4-2. The Lakers are a respectable franchsie and true Lakers understand there is a level of mutual respect between both teams.

It's no secret what I am. It's no secret the hatred I have (had I guess) for the Lakers franchise. To me, they're a means to an end and winning a championship with the greatest franchise in NBA history is only fitting for the greatest player in NBA history. I see now its a match made in heaven. The clippers losing to the Nuggets wasnt about matchups, it was a choke job of an unprecedented magnitude. I told you a very long time ago they will get smashed by the Lakers if they met, they showed nothing to suggest otherwise seeing as they were a Porzingis injury away from losing in the first round.

True Lakers fans don't even want the Clippers in LA, I don't know what you're talking about.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
I can understand his grouse. The Cowboys are partly to blame because they could have extended Dak when the likes of Wentz, Goff got extended I'm sure that is also what played on his mind. Considering their rookie deals were way higher than his

Dak on his part overplayed his hands as well. I heard he's making a boatload of money off the field just by virtue of being a QB of 'America's team' he should have put that into consideration and taken a little less to secure his future. He bet on himself last year but assuming he was going to succeed at that strategy two years in a row was a very unnecessary risk.

I hope he doesn't get treated like Cam who struggled to get a team. If Andy Dalton goes on to make the playoffs, which he can in that weak ass division what incentive does Jerry Jones have to not let him walk and bolster that rubbish defense they have

Jerry Jones is a business man to the core, you can see the way he micromanages his team and how he expects his team to respond to social justice issues. Jerry and his camp are the winners in this situation, don't let them decieve you with their sympathy. Cam was already established but Dak made a big error by not taking the offer, I mean it was not like it was an insulting offer for a player of his caliber. The self life of NFL players is getting shorter by the season, he should know better!
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Not nearly enough. Especially for his defensive work.

The real GOAT would have led the Heat past Dallas and not allowed himself get outplayed by Dwyane Wade. MJ never folded in any playoff series. He would be the best player in every team including a team with LeNomad on it

What do you constitute as enough credit? They're being hailed as a dynamic duo, what more do you want? did you want him to get finals MVP? LOL

Keep clinging to that Dallas series. Like I said, the fate of your goat is inevitable, death by a thousand cuts.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

Jerry Jones is a business man to the core, you can see the way he micromanages his team and how he expects his team to respond to social justice issues. Jerry and his camp are the winners in this situation, don't let them decieve you with their sympathy. Cam was already established but Dak made a big error by not taking the offer, I mean it was not like it was an insulting offer for a player of his caliber. The self life of NFL players is getting shorter by the season, he should know better!
Dak was very naïve to keep on playing without taking a
long deal of some sort. Even Leveon Bell sat out a year because he knew if he played the chances of him getting hurt are very high, we saw the same with Earl Thomas

If Andy Dalton plays well enough to lead the Cowboys into the playoffs why should Jerry Jones bother giving Dak what he wants? Any sympathy they do now would just be for optics. It will not even be a smart business move to then pay a guy coming off a gruesome injury like that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

What do you constitute as enough credit? They're being hailed as a dynamic duo, what more do you want? did you want him to get finals MVP? LOL

Keep clinging to that Dallas series. Like I said, the fate of your goat is inevitable, death by a thousand cuts.
Dynamic duo? Are you seeing the tweets and the comments? Nobody is talking about AD. As far as the narrative goes he's a passenger. Though he brought it on himself by not dominating like he should have in these Finals

I don't need to cling. It literally happened, my GOAT, the GOAT never got outscored by two of his teammates in a Finals series, he never scored in single digits. The only time my GOAT ever lost it was because he had insufficient help.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:03pm On Oct 12, 2020
Make we just let them enjoy this one. cheesy grin. It kind of seems like the just concluded finals was 50/50 and we counted them out. If anything everyone expected a sweep. Perkins in an interview said this is Lebron's second greatest championship. I wan laugh die. cheesy. You mean against a Heat team that barely has 2 stars? cheesy. But well a championship is a championship, another rank to his batch. but it would be blasphemous to call this one of the greatest championships. I mean every player was subjected to the same circumstances, probably unprecedented. i remember they asked Perkins on ESPN about how Lebron's legacy would be impacted if he lost the finals. The guy was trying to hedge his bets, so he said No, he's already above MJ. Now he says he's just surpassed MJ by winning his 4th Championship. But well as someone said,his losing record has been adjusted. We can now call him (4-6) Lebron. cheesy.The guy don suffer for this 4th title no be small. cheesy. Long overdue.
A40:

Nobody is even talking about AD and his 25pts and 10 rebounds contribution. If he likes let him not acquire that alpha mentality. It would be on his CV that he was carried. At least with KD we know he was the best player on the team and when he got hurt they couldn't beat Toronto
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:06pm On Oct 12, 2020
nairamaniac:
Meanwhile I'm the happiest man in the world right now that Lebron won this chip.

I was soooo sad when warriors were spoiling his finals-Win's to Loss count.

That warrior's team was a cheat-set-up.

I don't think even the bulls with Jordan would have beating 3 very good scorers in curry, Durant and klay. [url][/url]

Then considering they also had top3 best defensive players in Draymond&Iggy within a space of 5years.

Adding to the genius of Steve Kerr who mixed up both the genius of Pop&Phil Jackson.

Steve Kerr was to Warriors what Pep Guadiola was to Barcelona.

They defined an era.

Congrats to Lebron and the Lakers, especially for the fact they won same year they lost Kobe and his daughter.

They would both be joyful In heaven. cool

So was the Heat team in 2010. That team opened the eyes of others to this concept of creating the best possible situation and stacking the deck so high it was impossible to lose.

I would not count the GOAT out. Even that Warriors team was far from unbeatable. Chris Paul got hurt Game 5 with the Rockets up by 3-2. Nobody can prove to me the Rockets don't win that series if CP3 was healthy

Kobe is the only reason I'd be happy the Lakers won but the Kobe I knew would want me to keep that same energy so it's Bleep the Lakers still grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Dynamic duo? Are you seeing the tweets and the comments? Nobody is talking about AD. As far as the narrative goes he's a passenger. Though he brought it on himself by not dominating like he should have in these Finals

I don't need to cling. It literally happened, my GOAT, the GOAT never got outscored by two of his teammates in a Finals series, he never scored in single digits. The only time my GOAT ever lost it was because he had insufficient help.

If the forum allowed more pictures I'd post more pictures. AD doesn't get talked about as much because LeBron is the click bait but he has gotten a lot of credit, you just chose to focus on what you wanted to.

As for 2011, like I said, keep beating that dead horse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.