Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623351 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2020
benji93:
Make we just let them enjoy this one. cheesy grin. It kind of seems like the just concluded finals was 50/50 and we counted them out. If anything everyone expected a sweep. Perkins in an interview said this is Lebron's second greatest championship. I wan laugh die. cheesy. You mean against a Heat team that barely has 2 stars? cheesy. But well a championship is a championship, another rank to his batch. but it would blasphemous to call this one of the greatest championships. I mean every player was subjected to the same circumstances, probably unprecedented. i remember they asked Perkins on ESPN about how Lebron's legacy would be impacted if he lost the finals. The guy was trying to hedge his bets, so he said No, he's already above MJ. Now he says he's just surpassed MJ by winning his 4th Championship. But well as someone said,his losing record has been adjusted. We can now call him (4-6) Lebron. cheesy.The guy don suffer for this 4th title no be small. cheesy.
Lol they are always undecided. However if you thought LeNomad was already the GOAT after 3 rings why should I think he's the GOAT even if he gets to 7 rings.

This man has never won a title without supernova talent and contributions from his HOF caliber teammates so what is his real edge over MJ?

Anyways my metrics for tagging MJ the GOAT goes beyond the 6 Finals MVP and 6-0 records

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2020
People see what they want to see

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Lol they are always undecided. However if you thought LeNomad was already the GOAT after 3 rings why should I think he's the GOAT even if he gets to 7 rings.

This man has never won a title without supernova talent and contributions from his HOF caliber teammates so what is his real edge over MJ?

Anyways my metrics for tagging MJ the GOAT goes beyond the 6 Finals MVP and 6-0 records

Your man has never been past the first round without Pippen or Phil Jackson. Whats his real edge over LeBron?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
Mood. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40 has to be the most shameless hypocrite on the face of this earth. Before the season he raved about the parity in the league. In fact, he anointed the clippers as the prohibitive favourites. LeBron inevitably wins and suddenly, the Lakers are a superteam. Embarrassing cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Oh well, if it makes you happy i am kind enough to pay my respects. cheesy
WeissVonner:

Bend the knee, Benji.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

Your man has never been past the first round without Pippen or Phil Jackson. Whats his real edge over LeBron?
Lool MJ got to a full Conference Finals without Phil Jackson.

Pippen? Lmaoooo Pippen contributed 9 ppg in 88. He literally scored 0 pts in a game MJ scored 50 at one point. I dare you to show me any series where MJ was the 3rd best player on his own team. Man's 6'9 but D.Wade at 6'4 got more offensive boards than he did

The sheer clownery and buffoonery comparing Pippen's contribution to the likes of AD and co.

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:
A40 has to be the most shameless hypocrite on the face of this earth. Before the season he raved about the parity in the league. In fact, he anointed the clippers as the prohibitive favourites. LeBron inevitably wins and suddenly, the Lakers are a superteam. Embarrassing cheesy
Congratulations your man needed a teammate dropping 25-10-3-2 to beat a severely undermanned team that missed two starters for 3 and 5 games respectively.

Enjoy your Mickey Mouse ring and let us hear word

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

It's no secret what I am. It's no secret the hatred I have (had I guess) for the Lakers franchise. To me, they're a means to an end and winning a championship with the greatest franchise in NBA history is only fitting for the greatest player in NBA history. I see now its a match made in heaven. The clippers losing to the Nuggets wasnt about matchups, it was a choke job of an unprecedented magnitude. I told you a very long time ago they will get smashed by the Lakers if they met, they showed nothing to suggest otherwise seeing as they were a Porzingis injury away from losing in the first round.

True Lakers fans don't even want the Clippers in LA, I don't know what you're talking about.

Suddenly it's a means to an end? Only now can you see that it is a match made in heaven? How convenient! The sheer hypocrisy in both comment is enough to build another Taj Mahal!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
Congratulations your man needed a teammate dropping 25-10-3-2 to beat a severely undermanned team that missed two starters for 3 and 5 games respectively.

Enjoy your Mickey Mouse ring and let us hear word

While playing with a damaged heel we must emphasize. We know what happened when the Normad tried to do it without AD!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:25pm On Oct 12, 2020
And the post you've all been waiting for...
My candid take on the Lakers becoming champions
https://candidbasketball.home.blog/2020/10/12/here-goes-your-champions/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

While playing with a damaged heel we must emphasize. We know what happened when the Normad tried to do it without AD!
He didn't even sniff the playoffs. Imagine having the luxury of a player that could give you 25-10 and two blocks with DPOY caliber defense and Rondo off the bench dropping 5-7 assists a night
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

Suddenly it's a means to an end? Only now can you see that it is a match made in heaven? How convenient! The sheer hypocrisy in both comment is enough to build another Taj Mahal!

What hypocrisy?
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

Roland17, take it easy with the aggression na. You are writing like someone in sifia pains grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:

Lool MJ got to a full Conference Finals without Phil Jackson.

Pippen? Lmaoooo Pippen contributed 9 ppg in 88. He literally scored 0 pts in a game MJ scored 50 at one point. I dare you to show me any series where MJ was the 3rd best player on his own team. Man's 6'9 but D.Wade at 6'4 got more offensive boards than he did

The sheer clownery and buffoonery comparing Pippen's contribution to the likes of AD and co.

MJ was the best player in the 90s, easily. But how many Robins were better than Pippen? Do you really think LeBron on that Bulls team wouldn't win 6+? Lol! Okay.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

You mean he was 4th in the West and then suffered the biggest injury of his career? You mean he came back and his whole team was ravaged with injury and their best 3 players played less than 30 games together?

Roland, I have never seen you reaching and crying more than you are today. Is it the Lakers winning or the fact that your celtics have become basketball purgatory? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
DeeMain:

Roland17, take it easy with the aggression na. You are writing like someone in sifia pains grin

This man is bawling man, he went from win win to being so salty. I love it! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:56pm On Oct 12, 2020
DeeMain:

Hahaha! E be like say na you dey read am with vess..E be like say the comments dey touch your conscience...
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
He didn't even sniff the playoffs. Imagine having the luxury of a player that could give you 25-10 and two blocks with DPOY caliber defense and Rondo off the bench dropping 5-7 assists a night

Oh boohoo, a man in year 16 suffering his biggest injury didnt make the Playoffs. I'm glad he didnt, he would've gotten swept in the first round like MJ and we won't have that over you guys. grin

You didnt know AD and Rondo played for the Lakers when you picked the Clippers? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:57pm On Oct 12, 2020
All of a sudden the Lakers have a stacked team grin the tears go soon fill my cup

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2020
steady986:
All of a sudden the Lakers have a stacked team grin the tears go soon fill my cup

Dude. I have never seen bigger hypocrites in my life. This is so shameless man. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

Oh boohoo, a man in year 16 suffering his biggest injury didnt make the Playoffs. I'm glad he didnt, he would've gotten swept in the first round like MJ and we won't have that over you guys. grin

You didnt know AD and Rondo played for the Lakers when you picked the Clippers? cheesy

Allow these people to wallow in their pains. They can't deal with the L right now so they want to argue grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2020
steady986:

Allow these people to wallow in their pains. They can't deal with the L right now so they want to argue grin

Seeing them crying is the best part man. I'm loving this so much right now. grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

This man is bawling man, he went from win win to being so salty. I love it! cheesy

I am really striking your nerves. You guys know better! I have been following AD and Rondo even before a lot of you stumbled on this thread. I have defended both players for years even when most called them average. I have had the pleasure of watching AD at Kentucky and have followed him throughout his career.. Rondo is not any different, I still rock his Celtics jersey like Kilode! Both players getting rings is important to their careers especially AD and I stan them way before anyone of you even did. The records are there grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2020
benji93:
Make we just let them enjoy this one. cheesy grin. It kind of seems like the just concluded finals was 50/50 and we counted them out. If anything everyone expected a sweep. Perkins in an interview said this is Lebron's second greatest championship. I wan laugh die. cheesy. You mean against a Heat team that barely has 2 stars? cheesy. But well a championship is a championship, another rank to his batch. but it would be blasphemous to call this one of the greatest championships. I mean every player was subjected to the same circumstances, probably unprecedented. i remember they asked Perkins on ESPN about how Lebron's legacy would be impacted if he lost the finals. The guy was trying to hedge his bets, so he said No, he's already above MJ. Now he says he's just surpassed MJ by winning his 4th Championship. But well as someone said,his losing record has been adjusted. We can now call him (4-6) Lebron. cheesy.The guy don suffer for this 4th title no be small. cheesy. Long overdue.
This is you trying to fool us with all these smileys cheesy

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

MJ was the best player in the 90s, easily. But how many Robins were better than Pippen? Do you really think LeBron on that Bulls team wouldn't win 6+? Lol! Okay.
He failed to win with D.Wade and Bosh FFS who's to say he wins with offensively handicapped Pippen? Y'all Bronsexuals really doing crack

Prime Dumars, prime Payton, Stockton, Hardaway were all better than Pippen they all had higher peaks while Pippen could coast with the GOAT as his teammate

LeNomad literally won two rings with the second best player on his team outscoring the best player on the other team.

This is what the GOAT had to deal with. Man's was averaging 40 pts a game and Pippen was dropping 15

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2020
All this salaye because LeNomad won a Mickey Mouse ring and beat a Heat team down two starters. Smh

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2020
WeissVonner:

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2020
DeeMain:

Let's not tell him naa, I like what I'm seeing grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2020
A40:
He failed to win with D.Wade and Bosh FFS who's to say he wins with offensively handicapped Pippen? Y'all Bronsexuals really doing crack

Prime Dumars, prime Payton, Stockton, Hardaway were all better than Pippen they all had higher peaks while Pippen could coast with the GOAT as his teammate

LeNomad literally won two rings with the second best player on his team outscoring the best player on the other team.

This is what the GOAT had to deal with. Man's was averaging 40 pts a game and Pippen was dropping 15
Like I said, cling to 2011 like your life depends on it.

What? 18 8 and 5 averages (20 8 6 during championship seasons) in the playoffs is offensively handicapped? we're the ones on crack? Dude, you should be arrested for claiming Joe Dumars is better than Pippen. You should never talk about LeBrons teammates not getting enough credit if you want to claim anyone of those guys was better than Pippen. None of the players you mentioned has ever finished top 5 in NBA voting, Pippen finished third.

Not only was he the best player in the league he had the best Robin in the league. Bron would be 10-1 in that era and thats assuming he has a meltdown like 2011.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2020
Haters busy bringing out stats up and down as a last resort grin. Lol. Take your L and cover your body like a blanket. The Lakers are Champions. LeBron is the MVP

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2020
Roland17:

I am really striking your nerves. You guys know better! I have been following AD and Rondo even before a lot of you stumbled on this thread. I have defended both players for years even when most called them average. I have had the pleasure of watching AD at Kentucky and have followed him throughout his career.. Rondo is not any different, I still rock his Celtics jersey like Kilode! Both players getting rings is important to their careers especially AD and I stan them way before anyone of you even did. The records are there grin

Best Celtics team in recent years,

Rondo - Won a Chip with LeBron
Ray Allen - Won a Chip with LeBron
Perkins - Finals appearances with LeBron, one of the Kings staunchest supporters
Paul Pierce - The village idiot of sports media
KG - The proverbial old head/curmudgeon

You haven't beaten LeBron in the last decade. Joins your sworn enemies and leads them to their elusive 17th championship, same tally as you lot. I see why you hate him. I'd hate him too if I were you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1616) (1617) (1618) (1619) (1620) (1621) (1622) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.