Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1619302 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
steady986:
Everybody's talking about the Bucks and the Nets in the east, but watch out for the Sixers. Don't sleep on them. They added tremendously to their roster. They got shooting from Danny Green and Seth, and defence from Danny and Dwight. Add that to their core of Simmons, Embiid and Harris and you have a decent six. If healthy I think they'll make it to the conference finals at least.

Bucks? ok ive been sleeping apparently...
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
steady986:

All these guys have reasonable outputs. The only problem is they haven't had decent teams. Wiggins is at least a 23ppg player. Booker is a 25ppg player
wiggins 23ppg? on which planet does he want to average that? Puhleaaaaseee grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2020
steady986:

The way we lower the bar for max contracts these days. If Bam was on the on the Nets or the Warriors as they presently are constituted, will he get the Max? Or if the Heat traded for Giannis this off season, will he have gotten the max?
The bar was not lowered for bam! elite defenders are at a premium in the nba. Getting a center who not only has the size but the willingness to play D, combined with above average play-making(he is not jokic-esque yet, but he may eventually get there), he was worth every penny of that max. You want to talk about overpaying for a player, talk Brandon ingram. The pelicans paid he way too much IMHO. And it does not make any sense considering zion is their centerpiece irrespective of what anyone tells you.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
Khanben:

Sadly that is the growing trend these days. IMHO max deals have been given to guys based on perceived potential, this tend to mean that some will work out and others will not. Booker and J Murray are examples of guys who theirs based on this and have shown to deserve it. Others like Wiggins are just a waste of cap space.
Personally of this crop who got the max this summer, the one person i do not think has played up to it at all is DFox
I beg to disagree. Fox regression this year was all down to the irrefutably dumb coaching from luke walton. I mean, buddy hield was a borderline all star last year and he could not even get a starting spot this year. Fox has more upside IMHO than ingram who i feel his game has yet to mature. If a PF needs the ball for so long in the modern nba, i really feel for him going forward. Probably why the pelicans are leaning towards zion as their franchise piece
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:55pm On Dec 02, 2020
steady986:
Everybody's talking about the Bucks and the Nets in the east, but watch out for the Sixers. Don't sleep on them. They added tremendously to their roster. They got shooting from Danny Green and Seth, and defence from Danny and Dwight. Add that to their core of Simmons, Embiid and Harris and you have a decent six. If healthy I think they'll make it to the conference finals at least.
Bruh, Imma sleep on them with the lights out and the AC on. As long as it's doc rivers, there's no way he is getting out of the second round. People are really sleeping on the hawks. Now that is a team to watch out for. Trae young is already a star, John collins is beefing up, capela is returning, Bogdanovic is a grossly underrated baller, and the floor general himself rondo would be there to lead the bench mob. The east better be scared
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:31am On Dec 03, 2020
Haaaa, baba, na so miracle dey happen?!! John Wall for westbrick olori okuta. Make it happen, let this not be a dream
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:34am On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

Bruh, Imma sleep on them with the lights out and the AC on. As long as it's doc rivers, there's no way he is getting out of the second round. People are really sleeping on the hawks. Now that is a team to watch out for. Trae young is already a star, John collins is beefing up, capela is returning, Bogdanovic is a grossly underrated baller, and the floor general himself rondo would be there to lead the bench mob. The east better be scared

Agree. Guys are sleeping on atl. And they have a good coach

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:02am On Dec 03, 2020
birdman:
Haaaa, baba, na so miracle dey happen?!! John Wall for westbrick olori okuta. Make it happen, let this not be a dream

E Don happen.. Woj and other league sources have confirmed the exchange.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:04am On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

John Collins is a player I will trade for without even batting an eye. He is so intelligent under the rim and an excellent rebounder of the ball for his size.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:08am On Dec 03, 2020
Roland17:

John Collins is a player I will trade for without even batting an eye. He is so intelligent under the rim and an excellent rebounder of the ball for his size.

His lower body looks like he squats and deadlifts every other day. This alone lets him play bigger than he looks
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:08am On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

wiggins 23ppg? on which planet does he want to average that? Puhleaaaaseee grin
When he's serious he can be, even more so now that he's on a good team and playing for a playoff spot at least. He's averaged 22 and 23 before.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:13am On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

They have 2 borderline superstars, some might even argue it's 2 outright superstars. That's usually what you need to go far. Looking at the east, no team has 2 outright superstars. The Bucks, Celtics, Heat, Raptors and even the Nets don't have 2 outright superstars.

As for Atlanta, the best they can fight for is the 7th or 8th position and a first round exit. Trae is magnificent no doubt, but can he lead? Can he make the right decisions to make his team successful? Will he be willing to sacrifice filling up his stat sheet in favour of winning?

But let's not forget that the Pacers are still a decent team with Warren, Brogdon, Oladipo and Sabonis. They should male the playoffs with that. Then there's Washington now that they have Westbrook. I won't be surprised if Atlanta don't make it.

And don't forget Orlando, they had 7 players who averaged double figure points last season. I fear such teams.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2020
Washington with Westbrook and Beal just made them a playoff contender. The East is stacking up real good.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:
Washington with Westbrook and Beal just made them a playoff contender. The East is stacking up real good.

Westbrook will subtract from Beal, so I expect them to miss the playoffs. Just the facts

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 7:50am On Dec 03, 2020
birdman:

Sometimes you wonder if NBA gms are on crack.

What does this trade solves now?
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 7:51am On Dec 03, 2020
birdman:

Westbrook will subtract from Beal, so I expect them to miss the playoffs. Just the facts

Lol patapata, first round exit grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 7:54am On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:

They have 2 borderline superstars, some might even argue it's 2 outright superstars. That's usually what you need to go far. Looking at the east, no team has 2 outright superstars. The Bucks, Celtics, Heat, Raptors and even the Nets don't have 2 outright superstars.

As for Atlanta, the best they can fight for is the 7th or 8th position and a first round exit. Trae is magnificent no doubt, but can he lead? Can he make the right decisions to make his team successful? Will he be willing to sacrifice filling up his stat sheet in favour of winning?

But let's not forget that the Pacers are still a decent team with Warren, Brogdon, Oladipo and Sabonis. They should male the playoffs with that. Then there's Washington now that they have Westbrook. I won't be surprised if Atlanta don't make it.

And don't forget Orlando, they had 7 players who averaged double figure points last season. I fear such teams.

Say what Did KD and Kyrie die?

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:58am On Dec 03, 2020
mattfeuter:

Say what Did KD and Kyrie die?
Kyrie is a borderline superstar. I mean, if we can't call Dame a superstar then why should we call Kyrie a superstar?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:59am On Dec 03, 2020
birdman:

Just like Westbrook subtracted from Harden?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:16am On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:

Just like Westbrook subtracted from Harden?

Yep. Just like that. OKC almost beat us, remember?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2020
mattfeuter:

Get rid of westbrook. Bad contract with no upside. Wall hasnt played in 2 seasons at least so question mark there too. Both teams are tired of their situation.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2020
birdman:

Get rid of westbrook. Bad contract with no upside. Wall hasnt played in 2 seasons at least so question mark there too. Both teams are tired of their situation.

If you think Westbrooks contract is bad, Have you seen John walls contract?

This is basically trading Russell Westbrook for Russell Westbrook

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 8:48am On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:

Kyrie is a borderline superstar. I mean, if we can't call Dame a superstar then why should we call Kyrie a superstar?

Dame is a star, Kyrie is a superstar plus he’s an NBA champion.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2020
mattfeuter:

Dame is a star, Kyrie is a superstar plus he’s an NBA champion.
Lol. Why is he a superstar? Because he's a champion?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:47am On Dec 03, 2020
birdman:

Yep. Just like that. OKC almost beat us, remember?
But they made the playoffs. No one is saying they'll win the championship.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2020
Wizards definitely won that trade, even when healthy wall has never been better than westbrick.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:42am On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:

As long as Ben Simmons refuses to shoot, they're not goingvany where. Is he an all star calibre player? yes. Unfortunately he is playing in the wrong era. Everyteam knows he is never going go shoot the ball so they can always allow the defender to sag off and crowd the paint.
I like the paceslrs too but their ceiling is tied to what kind of dipo are they gonna get. ACL injuries are no joke bruh. But if brogdon and sabonis can take that next leap. I see them between the 4-6th seed.
One thing you fail to realize is all these other teams have better defenders and better shooting that Philly. Harris aka Wal-Mart j.cole. finessed them with his contract. Danny green is in serious decline and is living off past glory. Seth is a liability on defence because of his size. They just don not match up to any of those other teams you mentioned IMHO. Maybe Toronto as they've lost their two rim protectors in ibaka and gasol. So embiid would have a field day with them. asides that, I just don't see them beating any of those other teams

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:45am On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:

When he's serious he can be, even more so now that he's on a good team and playing for a playoff spot at least. He's averaged 22 and 23 before.
It's one team to average 23 on a bad team where all the offense runs through you. To be in the GSW system and average that? where ball sharing is key to their offense? That is why I'll say it anywhere. Klay Thompson is the most underrated nba player ever

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:47am On Dec 03, 2020
Roland17:

v
I'm telling you bro. He had developed a telepathic connection with trey. Just lob it up to Collins around the rim and be rest assured, he'll definitely get a bucket
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2020
mattfeuter:

I swear. Is it not apparent that Westbrook is on decline. Granted he plays with the most Heart. But Heart with 0 basketball IQ is nothing. I just feel for beal. Imagine getting your hopes up that your team is going to make a playoff push this year only to learn your team signed Westbrook. An aging superstar with questionable shot selection, a ball joh who prioritizes stats over wins. Sigh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
steady986:

Lol. Why is he a superstar? Because he's a champion?
The way kyrie milks that one ring eh. Like he was not carried to that championship by LBJ and love. Kyrie is just more marketable because of his streetball style which is more appealing to the fans. But asides from handle, Dame supersedes kyrie on every other criteria
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

The way kyrie milks that one ring eh. Like he was not carried to that championship by LBJ and love. Kyrie is just more marketable because of his streetball style which is more appealing to the fans. But asides from handle, Dame supersedes kyrie on every other criteria

Kyrie carried? Common man, Kyrie balled his heart out for that ring!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) ... (2202) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.