Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,088 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1636) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1619454 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) ... (2202) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2020
DeeMain:

Kyrie carried? Common man, Kyrie balled his heart out for that ring!
Like I always say there won't be the SHOT if not for the BLOCK.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
Killrhymz:

So the BLOCK and the SHOT cannot well-deservedly and mutually coexist triumphantly, in one accord, in one ring?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:13pm On Dec 03, 2020
Killrhymz:

There won’t be a CHIP without that CLUTCH SHOT.

Not everyone including Bron in 2016 could make that shot with seconds left on the shot clock.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 3:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lebron balled. Kyrie balled. Lebron made the block, Kyrie, the shot. Lebron deservedly won the FMVP and his respect, Kyrie, his superstar status. The two produced magic for the ages.

Surely these stories are not mutually exclusive. They can all coexist without the need to pull one down in order to pedestal another.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

The way kyrie milks that one ring eh. Like he was not carried to that championship by LBJ and love. Kyrie is just more marketable because of his streetball style which is more appealing to the fans. But asides from handle, Dame supersedes kyrie on every other criteria

I usually agree with many of your posts but I think “Carry” might be a bit of a stretch here. wink

This sure doesn’t look like carry cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 4:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
DeeMain:
Lebron balled. Kyrie balled. Lebron made the block, Kyrie, the shot. Lebron deservedly won the FMVP and his respect, Kyrie, his superstar status. The two produced magic for the ages.

Surely these stories are not mutually exclusive. They can all coexist without the need to pull one down in order to pedestal another.

Apt.
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
mattfeuter:

I usually agree with many of your posts but I think “Carry” might be a bit of a stretch here. wink

Lol. Ok you got me. My bias against kyrie is clouding my objectivity. But I still stand by my word that I'll take same over him everyday. The greatest ability any player can have is availability. Moreover, he never really moved the needle for the cavs till LBJ returned. It painfully obvious as he has not been able to replicate any considerable playoff success ever since he left despite being on very good teams and a weaker conference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 6:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
Killrhymz:

Thank you boss. People convienently act like kyrie saved LeBron legacy. when the truth is LBJ made kyrie who he is and that's facts. LBJ be acting like the fairy God mother. Handing out rings and massive contracts to his team mates whether they deserve it or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

Lol. Ok you got me. My bias against kyrie is clouding my objectivity. But I still stand by my word that I'll take same over him everyday. The greatest ability any player can have is availability. Moreover, he never really moved the needle for the cavs till LBJ returned. It painfully obvious as he has not been able to replicate any considerable playoff success ever since he left despite being on very good teams and a weaker conference.

I remember watching that 2016 NBA finals game 7 and as soon as they handed the Finals MVP trophy to Lebron, I looked at Kyrie and saw the disappointment in his face. I think he felt he deserves it because of the SHOT. ( not as long as Bron lives lol)

I told a friend, I said this guy will leave Cleveland and he ultimately left. The problem with Kyrie is Kyrie.

I also agree with your point about dame. Imagine what Lebron would do with Dame dolla cheesy

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2020
mattfeuter:

I am happy you pointed this out and backed it up with the numbers. This is perhaps one of the issues/ narratives associated with playing alongside LeBum. Kyrie was not carried by LeBum to that title, he played just as hard and was just as influential throughout that series especially after they went down 3-1.. Likewise, it would be diabolical to say LeBum was carried by Kyrie to that chips don’t think anyone has remotely thought so.
This narrative is the reason I was insistent on detailing my boy A. Davies numbers from the regular season to the post season to the finals for posterity purpose. This is because I know how people can suddenly develop selective amnesia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
Thanos:

Kyrie has issues and baggage and is injury prone and has proven over time that he can't lead a team, i.e., he is a number 2 but don't conflate these facts with his immense talent or his game or his huge contributions to Cleveland winning that 2016 ring.

Of course, Lebron is Lebron and any star that pairs with Lebron is automatically going to be placed in a good position to contest for a championship.

But to say Kyrie was carried? No mehn, Kyrie not only balled to the core, he cold-bloodedly snatched souls in that championship run.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
Roland17:

I am happy you pointed this out and backed it up with the numbers. This is perhaps one of the issues/ narratives associated with playing alongside LeBum. Kyrie was not carried by LeBum to that title, he played just as hard and was just as influential throughout that series especially after they went down 3-1.. Likewise, it would be diabolical to say LeBum was carried by Kyrie to that chips don’t think anyone has remotely thought so.
This narrative is the reason I was insistent on detailing my boy A. Davies numbers from the regular season to the post season to the finals for posterity purpose. This is because I know how people can suddenly develop selective amnesia.

Anytime I go back in time to watch that finals, it just makes me so happy that I got to witness greatness. Both of them went bunkers!

That series tells me, “anything is possible” . (In my KG voice) grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:26am On Dec 04, 2020
Roland17:
Like mess we no go hear @A40 now.. If it was the GOAT that was tap dancing and missing open throws he would be the first to sneak in here with his new recruits to DISRESPECT the GOAT angry

Shior. You beat Mitchell Trubisky now we no go hear word
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Not this carrying shit again. LBJ made Kyrie who he is. Smh

When they deliver give Bron the praise when they fail blame the players

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
Thanos:

The way kyrie milks that one ring eh. Like he was not carried to that championship by LBJ and love. Kyrie is just more marketable because of his streetball style which is more appealing to the fans. But asides from handle, Dame supersedes kyrie on every other criteria
Exactly. I can imagine a pairing of Dame and AD succeeding more that Kyrie/AD would
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
Thanos:

It's one team to average 23 on a bad team where all the offense runs through you. To be in the GSW system and average that? where ball sharing is key to their offense? That is why I'll say it anywhere. Klay Thompson is the most underrated nba player ever
He had KAT at Minnesota, and at times Butler. It's expected that Wiggins will be the second scorer on this team too.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
mattfeuter:

I wonder how many people would be calling for LeBron's head if he scored 10 points in a finals game
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
steady986:

I wonder how many people would be calling for LeBron's head if he scored 10 points in an elimination game

Right. I liked how everyone pretended like the 10 points didn’t happen. grin

To his credit, man had 41, then followed it up with 34 and 30.

That series was one for the books. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
mattfeuter:

Right. I liked how everyone pretended like the 10 points didn’t happen. grin

To his credit, man had 41, then followed it up with 34 and 30.

That series was one for the books. cheesy

That's how you separate the best from the phonies. Can your team count on you to always deliver? And he was lucky to be playing alongside a very unselfish player like LeBron. I wonder how many points he scored off LeBron's assists. That's why I'm curious to see how he thrives with a score-first guy like KD. We've already seen glances of who he is without LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
steady986:

I wonder how many people would be calling for LeBron's head if he scored 10 points in a finals game

No need making such comparisons and contrasts. Lebron and Kyrie are not in the same league, bro. The trees with the best fruits will receive the most stones and projectiles. I see such attacks as testament to Lebron's greatness and the expectations thereof.
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
steady986:

That's how you separate the best from the phonies. Can your team count on you to always deliver? And he was lucky to be playing alongside a very unselfish player like LeBron. I wonder how many points he scored off LeBron's assists. That's why I'm curious to see how he thrives with a score-first guy like KD. We've already seen glances of who he is without LeBron.
Let em know brother, tbh idk why kyrie is so f^ckn jealous of the King's success
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
steady986:

He had KAT at Minnesota, and at times Butler. It's expected that Wiggins will be the second scorer on this team too.
Nah. He'll serve as nothing more than a trade piece come january. Tsunami papi is the go to no 2. for golden state. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 6:58pm On Dec 04, 2020
steady986:

It's just too hard to see how it works. The chemistry is just not there. Their only similarity is that they are very much in their feelings. Pseudo intellectuals with the emotional intelligence of 16 year old white girls. At least KD would definitely go down as one of the greats. Kyrie would just be one of those guys who would fade into obscurity because they failed to recognize their place in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
A40:
Shior. You beat Mitchell Trubisky now we no go hear word

Guess who has the highest number of TD this season?
Re: The NBA Begins by Killrhymz: 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2020
If it's true this guy can shoot GSW really played mind games with us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE8fdZsNgYE
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:03am On Dec 05, 2020
Roland17:

Guess who has the highest number of TD this season?
Please we know how Rodgers fades when he faces the big boys
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:59am On Dec 05, 2020
Quinn Cook back. Nice addition, and I think he'll get more opportunities this year than last knowing he's one of just 3 point guards in the team. Unlike last year that we had 5. But by and large he'll play more of garbage time than good minutes. Good to see him back though.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2020
steady986:
Quinn Cook back. Nice addition, [b]and I think he'll get more opportunities this year than last [/b]knowing he's one of just 3 point guards in the team. Unlike last year that we had 5. But by and large he'll play more of garbage time than good minutes. Good to see him back though.

Are you sure about this with the addition of Dennis?
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 10:05am On Dec 06, 2020
steady986:
Quinn Cook back. Nice addition, and I think he'll get more opportunities this year than last knowing he's one of just 3 point guards in the team. Unlike last year that we had 5. But by and large he'll play more of garbage time than good minutes. Good to see him back though.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
mattfeuter:

We have only 3 point guards, including Cook. He should see more minutes
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
steady986:

Did not fully understand the rationale for re-signing Cook. Wasn't used much last season and signing another centre as back up for Gasol seemed the logical thing to do.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:15am On Dec 07, 2020
400th career TD for the GOAT.

7th player to reach 400 but he did it with the fewest games played.

@A40 come out now oh!!! I know you don’t have RESPECT.. BOUNCE OUT!!! Come and pay homage to the GOAT!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1633) (1634) (1635) (1636) (1637) (1638) (1639) ... (2202) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.