Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1663) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625029 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:34am On Jan 23, 2021
steady986:
Man this is getting out of hand with the Nets. The Cavs are not even a good offensive team and they've virtually scored 100 points in three quarters. Something needs to be done and fast.

They will not always be this bad. New teams will look disjointed initially. GSW lost their first game with KD by 30 to SAS. The issue with this Nets team is, they have zero depth and the starters are handicapped defensively. I know they will be this offensive juggernaut but dang, so far, I am not convinced they can unseat LAL & LAC in a 7 game series.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:04am On Jan 23, 2021
The Sixers will be respected. Embiid will be respected.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:08am On Jan 23, 2021
Android17:

They will not always be this bad. New teams will look disjointed initially. GSW lost their first game with KD by 30 to SAS. The issue with this Nets team is, they have zero depth and the starters are handicapped defensively. I know they will be this offensive juggernaut but dang, so far, I am not convinced they can unseat LAL & LAC in a 7 game series.
But isn't that why they traded for Harden?

We knew GS would be good because the pieces fit. They still had DG who is a defensive Juggernaut. What the Nets are doing currently is trying to outscore their opponent and it's insha Allah on the other end. I know they'll get better, but would they get better enough to win it all?
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:15am On Jan 23, 2021
steady986:

But isn't that why they traded for Harden?

We knew GS would be good because the pieces fit. They still had DG who is a defensive Juggernaut. What the Nets are doing currently is trying to outscore their opponent and it's insha Allah on the other end. I know they'll get better, but would they get better enough to win it all?

The KD Harden duo can work with defensive pieces if Kyrie is traded. The KD Kyrie and other pieces can work but less so in my opinion. I know it looks obvious but they cannot beat those 2 teams I mentioned with how bad they are defensively. LAL will even sweep them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 9:59am On Jan 23, 2021
steady986:
Man this is getting out of hand with the Nets. The Cavs are not even a good offensive team and they've virtually scored 100 points in three quarters. Something needs to be done and fast.

Lol dem never see anything.

I knew this formula of trying to outscore opponents will be dead on arrival.

The importance of Defense/Rim protection can not be overemphasised. . .

Did you see that angry Jam from the fro?

As crazy as it sounds, Kyrie has really been balling out but right now, they can’t stop nobody.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2021
mattfeuter:

Lol dem never see anything.

I knew this formula of trying to outscore opponents will be dead on arrival.

The importance of Defense/Rim protection can not be overemphasised. . .

Did you see that angry Jam from the fro?

As crazy as it sounds, Kyrie has really been balling out but right now, they can’t stop nobody.
Kyrie's been balling, but Harden seems to be holding back. I'm sure he doesn't want to piss Kyrie off grin. Harden works well with KD but not so much with Kyrie. It's a small sample size though, make we dey see as e dey go.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2021
Android17:

The irony is even with the guys they traded before they landed Harden they were still a .500 team so while the complaints of depth are valid I am seeing a team with no real offensive or defensive identity.

Everybody is just standing around on defense and on offense they are not even running any real sets, just relying on the brilliance of their Big players entirely
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:19pm On Jan 23, 2021
2021 has started again smh. RIP to both Hank Aaron and Larry King!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2021
chic2pimp:
2021 has started again smh. RIP to both Hank Aaron and Larry King!

2 legends, especially Hank for me. He paved the way for black and minority athletes to aspire. It is only fitting that he passed during MLK’s week.

At 86 & 87, they both lived long.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:59pm On Jan 23, 2021
Roland17:

2 legends, especially Hank for me. He paved the way for black and minority athletes to aspire. It is only fitting that he passed during MLK’s week.

At 86 & 87, they both lived long.

The greatest Baseball player imho. I know most folks would give Babe Ruth that title and I have no problems with that but it's Hank for me.

I always encourage every sport fanatic to read up on Hank Aaron. Easily one of the Key Figures in sports history never mind baseball
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2021
chic2pimp:

The greatest Baseball player imho. I know most folks would give Babe Ruth that title and I have no problems with that but it's Hank for me.

I always encourage every sport fanatic to read up on Hank Aaron. Easily one of the Key Figures in sports history never mind baseball

I agree with you. Babe Ruth did not have to deal with the hate, fear and trauma associated with being a black baseball player at that time. Hank got so many threats before, during and after games but persevered to break records. Imagine if Hank was playing in our time or did not have to deal with despicable levels of racism he endured while playing?
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:00pm On Jan 23, 2021
Roland17:

I agree with you. Babe Ruth did not have to deal with the hate, fear and trauma associated with being a black baseball player at that time. Hank got so many threats before, during and after games but persevered to break records. Imagine if Hank was playing in our time or did not have to deal with despicable levels of racism he endured while playing?

Exactly plus I have watched many clips of both players and I don't believe Ruth had Aaron's natural flair for the game.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:38am On Jan 24, 2021
The Nets escaped that one there.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2021
“They do have a timeout, decide not to use it. Curry, way downtown Bang! Bang! Oh, what a shot from Curry, with six tenths of a second remaining!” still one of my favourite three by Curry. One of the best regular season games as well.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 7:44am On Jan 24, 2021
SmooshCHN:
“They do have a timeout, decide not to use it. Curry, way downtown Bang! Bang! Oh, what a shot from Curry, with six tenths of a second remaining!” still one of my favourite three by Curry. One of the best regular season games as well.
Game??
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 8:15am On Jan 24, 2021
Tinneh:

Game??

GSW vs OKC. Curry's 46 pt game with that game winning 3.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2021
28 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assists.

Man, I’m sooooo Happy for Boogie. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 9:47am On Jan 24, 2021
Android17:

GSW vs OKC. Curry's 46 pt game with that game winning 3.

To put it in perspective bro, the game that made KD knew he was done at OKC grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2021
SmooshCHN:
So sad. The only source of joy for Warriors fans nowadays are memories of old grin. E go dey alright smiley

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2021
mattfeuter:

To put it in perspective bro, the game that made KD knew he was done at OKC grin grin
You may be right however, I think the defining moment was Game 6 of 2016 WCF. Classic Westbrook with his turnovers in crunch time.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
SmooshCHN:
You may be right however, I think the defining moment was Game 6 of 2016 WCF. Classic Westbrook with his turnovers in crunch time.

Abeg no dey bring back bad memories angry sad
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
steady986:

So sad. The only source of joy for Warriors fans nowadays are memories of old grin. E go dey alright smiley
Na bandwagon no dey get that kind wahala. Normal something in sports.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2021
Blueelf:

Before you could afford a smartphone

grin
Looooool. Another dingbat lurking.
Re: The NBA Begins by pekkaan13: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2021
chic2pimp:

Exactly plus I have watched many clips of both players and I don't believe Ruth had Aaron's natural flair for the game.
devils advocate, what if ruth hadn't been a fat smoker lol or was on peds like barry bonds
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 9:31pm On Jan 24, 2021
pekkaan13:

devils advocate, what if ruth hadn't been a fat smoker lol or was on peds like barry bonds

On the PED issue, I could ask the same of every other clean Baseball player too and regarding the former, I still think Henry was the more natural gifted player.
Re: The NBA Begins by pekkaan13: 10:21pm On Jan 24, 2021
chic2pimp:

On the PED issue, I could ask the same of every other clean Baseball player too and regarding the former, I still think Henry was the more natural gifted player.
agreed, henry was definitely more gifted
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
Tom Brady doing what Tom Brady does smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
Roland7 are you preparing your concession speech? grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:37pm On Jan 24, 2021
chic2pimp:
Roland7 are you preparing your concession speech? grin

A frustrating 1st half, just look at the way we finished that 2nd half angry. Too many missed plays and bad play calls.. To imagine we are a bad 2nd half team even makes it more annoying.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:52pm On Jan 24, 2021
I just dey observe. No comments................ Yet
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2021
A40:
I just dey observe. No comments................ Yet

Hahahahahaha..... grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 10:57pm On Jan 24, 2021
Roland17:

A frustrating 1st half, just look at the way we finished that 2nd half angry. Too many missed plays and bad play calls.. To imagine we are a bad 2nd half team even makes it more annoying.

Wahala dey o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1660) (1661) (1662) (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.