Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630831 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
donlittle25:
bruh why people wey no they contribute nada to this thread they complain? we are one big family here, we talk about bball, soccer, football, wrestling, tennis and all. you pick which one you know and talk.

we console each other on personal losses and honestly i they look forward to few people wedding for here. cheesy.

Also the banter here is top notch, you fit they get bad day, read few post and instantly your day will be better.

but make una no catch corona o, that thing wicked, i just they recover and omo, thank God for life o. the thing wan wound me o

Good to hear from you bro and I wish you full recovery...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2021
Roland17:
Thoughts and prayers are with C. LeVert as he recovers from cancer surgery!
#RIP24

If not for the trade it would not have been caught early. Whew!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2021
donlittle25:

but make una no catch corona o, that thing wicked, i just they recover and omo, thank God for life o. the thing wan wound me o

Good to hear my man. In spite of the casualties boys dey get down for atl like sey nothing dey. We have had some disconcerting losses in the naija community out here.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2021
birdman:

If not for the trade it would not have been caught early. Whew!

Baba, you read my mind! That is why sometimes it’s okay to just accept certain situations outside your control and make the best out of them because good can come out of it!
Cancer no be wetin dem Dey use play oh!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:33pm On Jan 26, 2021
donlittle25:
bruh why people wey no they contribute nada to this thread they complain? we are one big family here, we talk about bball, soccer, football, wrestling, tennis and all. you pick which one you know and talk.

we console each other on personal losses and honestly i they look forward to few people wedding for here. cheesy.

Also the banter here is top notch, you fit they get bad day, read few post and instantly your day will be better.

Glory to God for your life, bro. May he perfect the healing. Welcome back.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:51pm On Jan 26, 2021
DeeMain:

Glory to God for your life, bro. May he perfect the healing. Welcome back.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 11:11pm On Jan 26, 2021
It's One Year to the day Kobe Bryant passed on. R.I.P Mamba. I still vividly remember that faithful day.

You are sorely missed Black Mamba

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:43am On Jan 27, 2021
The manner in which Westbrook has derailed ever since he stepped his foot in that bubble needs to be investigated. Man has scored 163 points this season from 163 shots, averaging 18 points on 37% shooting, after averaging 27 points from 47% shooting last year, which was his most efficient shooting season in the NBA. At 32 years of age is he done? Man needs to see a psychologist.

Bradley Beal meanwhile really deserves better. Man was literally sobbing on the bench, probably realizing that his talents are wasting in Washington. He needs to get his butt out of that city asap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:32am On Jan 27, 2021
Classic Westbrook

Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2021
I need the bucks to trade for Beal and pair him with Giannis
steady986:
The manner in which Westbrook has derailed ever since he stepped his foot in that bubble needs to be investigated. Man has scored 163 points this season from 163 shots, averaging 18 points on 37% shooting, after averaging 27 points from 47% shooting last year, which was his most efficient shooting season in the NBA. At 32 years of age is he done? Man needs to see a psychologist.

Bradley Beal meanwhile really deserves better. Man was literally sobbing on the bench, probably realizing that his talents are wasting in Washington. He needs to get his butt out of that city asap.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2021
steady986:

He looks a step slower. I think the injuries may have accelerated father time for him. He still likes to play physical and he will get some points, but the triple double WB is gone

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
Markswag101:
I need the bucks to trade for Beal and pair him with Giannis
That would be good
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:49pm On Jan 27, 2021
birdman:

He looks a step slower. I think the injuries may have accelerated father time for him. He still likes to play physical and he will get some points, but the triple double WB is gone
But it's not like he went on one long injury like that. He should go back to the basics for real, I think he's trying to do too much.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:58pm On Jan 27, 2021
steady986:

But it's not like he went on one long injury that. He should must go back to the basics for real, I think he's trying to do too much.

After that quad injury in the rockets playoffs last year, he really has not been the same imo. I believe even the latest injury is related to this
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 8:59pm On Jan 27, 2021
Eastbrook issues are more psychological than physical I believe. He does not really seem to have lost his physical prowess, the issue could be mental.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2021
Westbrook is a stubborn chap that has refused to reinvent his game. It's one thing to be a hard worker and a guy renowned for playing hard but at some point you should start playing smart. He's like a dried fish that you cannot bend anymore else it breaks.

You're now literally the worst high volume shooter in the league but rather than modify your game to be more facilitator and take fewer shots he would rather shoot his teams out of games

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 9:57am On Jan 28, 2021
This is spot on, Its already too late for him. At least he's still owed $85m so he secured the bag
A40:
Westbrook is a stubborn chap that has refused to reinvent his game. It's one thing to be a hard worker and a guy renowned for playing hard but at some point you should start playing smart. He's like a dried fish that you cannot bend anymore else it breaks.

You're now literally the worst high volume shooter in the league but rather than modify your game to be more facilitator and take fewer shots he would rather shoot his teams out of games

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:11pm On Jan 28, 2021
I keep seeing people link Andre Drummond to the Nets. I wonder how on earth they think they can pull that off. The man's earning 29m, which makes it nigh on impossible for the Nets to acquire him. Except they want to play with only a starting five and no bench. I don't mean bad bench, I mean no bench at all, cos DeAndre Jordan earns only 10m for him to be used as any type of trade piece.

But Drummumd's contract is up at the end of the year, and the way he's balling, I don't think he'll accept anything less than 20. Man could possibly be an all-star this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2021
steady986:
I keep seeing people link Andre Drummond to the Nets. I wonder how on earth they think they can pull that off. The man's earning 29m, which makes it nigh on impossible for the Nets to acquire him. Except they want to play with only a starting five and no bench. I don't mean bad bench, I mean no bench at all, cos DeAndre Jordan earns only 10m for him to be used as any type of trade piece.

But Drummumd's contract is up at the end of the year, and the way he's balling, I don't think he'll accept anything less than 20. Man could possibly be an all-star this year.

Oh, I get it. They could use the disabled player exception. I have to read more on that to see how possible it is.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:01pm On Jan 28, 2021
Damnn!!! This is how y'all cash out??

Man staked 250$ to win over 100,000$.

Only Ersan can pull this off.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2021
steady986:

I saw this stat on Ig and almost spilled my drink.

Baba just dey jack them up dey go grin

Russel Westbrook, the only man that goes 1000km/hr with nothing to show for it.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Damnn!!! This is how y'all cash out??

Man staked 250$ to win over 100,000$.

Only Ersan can pull this off.
Player props. They can make you or break you. The money is sweet when you hit sha
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:25am On Jan 29, 2021
I appreciate Oladipo giving Houston his all even though we arent Miami. But pls dont take charges on meaningless games. No shorten ya career abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2021
Lemme shake this table small smiley

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:33pm On Jan 29, 2021
If we're being truthful, Harden has influenced the game more than Steph has. But hey, I'm not allowed to say that.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 12:31am On Jan 30, 2021
steady986:
If we're being truthful, Harden has influenced the game more than Steph has. But hey, I'm not allowed to say that.

You are not shaking any tables: a team shooting more 3 points than others is not equal to coaches now accepting long range and off the dribble 3s as good play. To be influential to a culture or sport, you have to change the way people THINK about that culture or sport. You have to INFLUENCE the sport's mentality. "we like to play like the Houston Rockets" said no one ever. "We like to dribble like Harden" said no one ever. Now, let me humor you a little further. Influential players of the last 3 decades? MJ, Shaq, AI, Kobe and Curry. Lebron is surely greater than Shaq, AI and Curry, but he did not change people's way of playing basketball.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:55am On Jan 30, 2021
S. Curry Lonzo Ball shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:12am On Jan 30, 2021
Utah and the Clippers quietly chugging along. Utah can't lose rn.

Are the Mavs the biggest disappointment of the season thus far? They probably are in my books
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 7:19am On Jan 30, 2021
A40:
Utah and the Clippers quietly chugging along. Utah can't lose rn.

Are the Mavs the biggest disappointment of the season thus far? They probably are in my books

They choked last season but we shouldn't sleep on these Clippers. Hmm
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:31am On Jan 30, 2021
Android17:

You are not shaking any tables: a team shooting more 3 points than others is not equal to coaches now accepting long range and off the dribble 3s as good play. To be influential to a culture or sport, you have to change the way people THINK about that culture or sport. You have to INFLUENCE the sport's mentality. "we like to play like the Houston Rockets" said no one ever. "We like to dribble like Harden" said no one ever. Now, let me humor you a little further. Influential players of the last 3 decades? MJ, Shaq, AI, Kobe and Curry. Lebron is surely greater than Shaq, AI and Curry, but he did not change people's way of playing basketball.
Wait, the step-back three that the whole league now does, who made it popular? Or am I missing something here? grin To the extent that the league had to bring about the gather rule just to accommodate it. Man gerrarahere

And you had to throw in the ol' LeBron shade cheesy. Saying Curry is more influential than LeBron. The words didn't taste bitter in your mouth? And his minions had to like the post cheesy

Without LeBron in this league for the past decade or so, the sports would be as popular as the NHL. LeBron influenced the game on and off the court more than Curry would ever dream of. I'm not even arguing this with you, it's ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:41am On Jan 30, 2021
Anyway he's a LeBron hater, so I didn't expect anything less grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2021
Popovic has got these young Spurs playing some exciting basketball. I have watch a couple of their games recently including wins agains both LA teams, my Celtics and last night against the Nuggets. They are very quick in transition and because of their wing span they can be quite disruptive on the defensive end.
We are also seeing the resurgence of P. Mills who has has been a catalyst off the bench for them. Would they make the playoffs?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (1663) (1664) (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.