Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631045 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:57pm On May 20, 2021
steady986:
An average team cannot be 5th in defensive ratings. It's impossible. I see the Warriors as the Knicks. Not a lot of big name but guys who really know how to ball on both ends of the floor. The Knicks are not even as talented as the Warriors and yet they're 4th. Steph and Wiggins combined for 50 points per game this season. Bron and AD combined for 47. Wiggins is likely to make an all defensive team this year. Same with Draymond. So y'all can deny the facts all you want, but the Warriors are far above average.

no doubt! they took a while to gel, but if you look at their record in the last half of the year, memphis should be really worried playing these guys. As should the Jazz. Curry is for real, and Wiggins is starting to do what people thought he could do. I know some unfortunate haters will try to twist what I just wrote, thinking Im trying to make the lakers win last night look legit. Ol boy cam down grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:03pm On May 20, 2021
Afromentalist:

The warriors are a difficult team for anyone to handle in one game. They can beat anyone in 1 game including the Nets / Lakers/clippers etc. In a serie though, I think the Jazz may have the upperhand.

I agree. Warriors are a tricky team to play. You want to win 2 home games against them and try to steal a third away, break the confidence of Wiggins and co. Interestingly, Jazz playoffs philosophy has always been to guard each player man on man and just play high IQ defense. I am interested to see if they keep this philosophy knowing Curry can get red hot. Also Spyda did not play for the last month or so, so I expect some rust there as well. Warriors actually have a shot here

Contrary to what everyone is saying I think Suns are harder to play than the Jazz. The Suns have what it takes to come out of the west. IMO they have more potent weapons, deeper roster, with fewer injuries.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:26pm On May 20, 2021
birdman:

Contrary to what everyone is saying I think Suns are harder to play than the Jazz. The Suns have what it takes to come out of the west. IMO they have more potent weapons, deeper roster, with fewer injuries.

You are in essence saying the Suns will defeat the Lakers in the 2 vs 7 match up?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:52pm On May 20, 2021
Roland17:

You are in essence saying the Suns will defeat the Lakers in the 2 vs 7 match up?

Nope didnt say that. Just ignore the records for a sec, and go look at the starting 5 for Jazz and Suns. And remember that Donovan has been out a month. For real, which has the better starting 5?

Jazz: Conley, Spyda(on Injury List), Gobert, oneal, bogdanovic
Suns: CP3, Booker, Ayton (also banged up but not like Spyda), Mikal, Crowder
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06pm On May 20, 2021
birdman:

Nope didnt say that. Just ignore the records for a sec, and go look at the starting 5 for Jazz and Suns. And remember that Donovan has been out a month. For real, which has the better starting 5?

Jazz: Conley, Spyda(on Injury List), Gobert, oneal, bogdanovic
Suns: CP3, Booker, Ayton (also banged up but not like Spyda), Mikal, Crowder

Naaa.. Outside of CP3 and Jae Crowder, the Suns are very inexperienced in the post season and you can’t count that out especially when you are facing a very very experienced Lakers team that kept their core Championship team from last year. Don’t forget, the Suns thrive in transition basketball and pace and that is the opposite of what happens in the post season when the ball slows down and is basically a half court game.
The Jazz are incredibly experienced and have a great deep rotation. They have players who can stretch the floor and cause problems for the Lakers. They are good perimeter players and have respectable subs. The Lakers outmatch the Suns in size and length but that is not going to be possible with the Jazz or should I say, it would be more difficult.
Compare the Suns bench against that of the Jazz..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:46pm On May 20, 2021
birdman:

no doubt! they took a while to gel, but if you look at their record in the last half of the year, memphis should be really worried playing these guys. As should the Jazz. Curry is for real, and Wiggins is starting to do what people thought he could do. I know some unfortunate haters will try to twist what I just wrote, thinking Im trying to make the lakers win last night look legit. Ol boy cam down grin
The facts are just the facts. Wiggins was drafted 1st place for a reason. Some thought he was trash because he was playing losing basketball in a lottery team. That's the same way they fail to give guys like Towns and Beal their respect. Give those guys a reason to play for and you'll see what they're made of.

Memphis should be a cakewalk. The Jazz series would be an interesting one to watch. They can match the Warriors in 3pt shooting. They have some good interior D too. It might come down to who wants it the most.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:51pm On May 20, 2021
birdman:

Curry was a one man wrecking crew yesterday. On any given Sunday, Curry on any team will beat anybody. Lebron was really rusty yesterday. But he also showed up when it mattered. That clutch 3 reminds me of the AD's clutch 3 in the playoffs last year. This game was a confidence builder for Lakers. For warriors role players too.

I think any open minded bball fan can watch yesterdays game and give props to both teams. the game lived up to its billing. I dont understand all this wanking over lebron or seeding, blah blah blah.

If that was a game 1 of a series, that was the type of game the Lakers would have lost and be looking to bounce back in game 2. We were there for the taking. Bron and AD shot badly, plus stellar D from Wiggins and Dray. Even Looney had 13 rebounds in 20 mins. The Warriors wanted that game more than the Lakers, but somehow LeBron showed up when it mattered.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:20pm On May 20, 2021
Honestly though. We've heard over a million times how Harden choked against Curry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:51pm On May 20, 2021
Russell Westbrook though grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:56am On May 21, 2021
The Wizards have the matchup I wanted for my Celtics.. They can win one or two games and make it a series..
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:43am On May 21, 2021
So Steph Curry and Draymond Green are finalists for MVP and DPOY respectively. Damn. I wish my team had such luxury.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:54pm On May 21, 2021
Roland17:
The Wizards have the matchup I wanted for my Celtics.. They can win one or two games and make it a series..

I normally love to hate the celtics, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I want any team Harden is on to experience catastrophic playoffs failure. Bball gods, let Tatum drop 50 every game.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2021
Now that the season is over, congrats to killrhymz for winning this years nairalegue. This was the most vicious episode yet, and I am happy to report smooshchn no even see playoffs grin. Na joke i dey joke o, too many injuries this year.

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2021
The gory details of nairaleague 2020/2021. Till now, I no know how I take enter finals tongue

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:20pm On May 21, 2021
steady986:
Russell Westbrook though grin

Very interesting that Harden and Curry would fare so badly on this list. Perception is that I would want these guys taking that last shot. Reality is far different

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:57pm On May 21, 2021
Of course people will include "to take the lead" because it will skew the stats. They should bring the one for "to tie a game" or "to win a game". Then some of us will start remembering the 2 threes he missed before Ray Allen made one to save some people's legacy. Children will always pull funny stats. When men are ready, we will come here to demystify some people's goat. LOOOL
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:58pm On May 21, 2021
Don't forget when Harden lost 4-1 to Steph Curry in 2015 and 2016 before KD and went on to lose again to him 4-2 after KD went down in 2019. Good times.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:44am On May 22, 2021
The Warriors have to come out just as aggressive as they did against the Lakers, else, the Grizzlies can make this difficult because of their size.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:24am On May 22, 2021
birdman:
Gotta show some love for Kwame Brown! Glad the dude stood up for himself. Matt Barnes (called him Becky with good hair grin) and Steph Jackson (called him lil a** boy) crossed a line when they tried to diminish him while interviewing Jeanie Buss. As does SAS a lot. Maybe these guys will be a bit more humble when downing players. Even Jemele Hill caught some bullets. Everybody is either apologizing or keeping shut. I cant blame them. Arenas said it took 20 bodyguards to bring down Kwame and his brother in a club shocked. Probably exaggerating, but nobody wants problems with Kwame.

Full story here: https://www.theroot.com/yall-gon-stop-playing-with-kwame-brown-1846917109

These news personalities, SAS especially need to be careful how they blast people. At least all Kwame did was respond on IG. Others may resort to violence instead

I have to agree with you...For those who have not seen the video. Also, one of the more eloquent and intelligent ex players out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6WE7GL82U

1 on 1, none of tough talking Stephen Jackson, Matt Barnes or even Sisi Arenas can stand Kwame

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:32am On May 22, 2021
Roland17:

I have to agree with you...For those who have not seen the video. Also, one of the more eloquent and intelligent ex players out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei6WE7GL82U

1 on 1, none of tough talking Stephen Jackson, Matt Barnes or even Sisi Arenas can stand Kwame

Thanks for finding the full vid. I only got to watch snippets
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 4:24am On May 22, 2021
Mem. Vs Warriors.
Overtime.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:37am On May 22, 2021
birdman:
Now that the season is over, congrats to killrhymz for winning this years nairalegue. This was the most vicious episode yet, and I am happy to report smooshchn no even see playoffs grin. Na joke i dey joke o, too many injuries this year.
Please, what's this? angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:40am On May 22, 2021
This game doesn't impress me one bit.
Imagine Jordan Poole keeping us in the game. embarassed

I get Draymond brings so much to the team but why can't he ever work on his offensive game? You might not be the primary scorer but why can't you just have an offensive game? We shouldn't be going into OT. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:46am On May 22, 2021
I'm getting too old for these kind of heart wrenching games abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 4:49am On May 22, 2021
This is too much.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:53am On May 22, 2021
See y'all next season. sad
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2021
The name is JA MORANT. Say his name cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:00am On May 22, 2021
ANDREW WIGGINS angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 5:00am On May 22, 2021
Ja Morant is cold blooded. Steph deserves better
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:01am On May 22, 2021
As if I didn't hate Greyson Allen enough from his NCAA days. Dude drained back to back 3s. Broke my heart. Memphis deserve this game. They came out ready.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:01am On May 22, 2021
Android17:
ANDREW WIGGINS angry angry angry
Guy, let's just not talk. Someone will come and tell us how Wiggins is a star because he was drafted 1st overall.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:05am On May 22, 2021
Now watch how the talking point on all sports shows in the coming days would be: "did Adam Silver get it right with the play-in? Is it a bad idea?" Instead of praising Ja Morant for willing his team past the Warriors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) (1696) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.