Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1690) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1617602 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:35pm On May 14, 2021
birdman:

As long as he doesnt bleed Utah Jazz, I can live with his choices. I should get him a Curry or LBJ jersey so he doesnt stray into unwanted territories grin

You right Drummond doesnt really fit with AD. But there are points in the game where AD likes to camp on the perimeter, even Lebron gets tired and chucks 3s. Im hoping Drummond can be a big body still hanging around the rim, keeping everybody honest. Kind of how Howard used to do, when one of the big 2 is on the bench. I think at this point Drummond is ok with no explicit plays drawn up for him. Just clean up on the inside. In theory, Gasol is a better fit, spreading the floor with his passing and midrannge shot, giving the big 2 room to work. Somehow, it hasnt worked out. Might as well try what worked last year undecided

I wish what you say on Lebron being carried is true. For real. If AD steps up consistently, Lebron rests more and has a few more years in the league. AD has the skills to do it - he just isnt consistent at it yet. The guy who chose AD as first pick in this years fantasy nba is here. He can shalaye what really happened grin

You better no deceive the poor boy with LeBum's jersey! Give me your address make I send the boy Orijo Boston Celtics jersey. Or you give am Durant/Curry jersey...Thank Gos say you no even mention Rockets. More importantly, abeg, with the kain money wen we dey hear dis days, allow the boy play correct sports abeg! So dat one day, I fit come watch am live and say, "na my paddy pikin be dat oh" while you and madam can retire early.

Truth of the matter is "Father Time" has finally caught up with Bum. To his credit, it took a while but it was obvious last season and everyone is so scared of stating the obvious. There is absolutely no way LeBum wins a chip with the Lakers without a combination of AD and extreme load management like we are seeing this season. He has stayed healthy for the most part of his career but the last 2/3 years have shown a gradual decline in his ability to stay healthy. You guys can sell the health of AD to me and I will listen but don't try to sell his performance/ relevance on the court since he joined the Lakers. AD's size and physical stats make it nearly impossible for him to stay healthy always.

LeBum's physical decline has also accounted for the increase in jump shots especially threes and this was even before Drummond. He does absorb contact but you can see he is no longer doing a lot of those drives to the bucket. Gasol is a good option, don't know if he is the best option. The Lakers can do what they did last season if the game goes small/ fast, which is to play AD at the 5 and stay small without Gasol/ Drummond.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:31am On May 15, 2021
Roland17:

The gist is that Schroeder is out because he unknowingly leaked out the fact that him and LeBum are the only 2 Lakers that have not taken the vaccine during an interview with a German reporter. The Lakers and LeBum PR team had to scramble a way to keep Schroeder away from the press to avoid an escalation of the news.

Let me be very very clear, taking the vaccine is a personal decision for anyone. While I am a strong advocate for the vaccine, I absolutely believe it should be a personal decision and it is ultimately LeBum’s and Schroeder’s decision. Right now it is made to read like Schroeder got exposed to the virus and is on protocol. We shall see..

As for a potential Lakers v Warriors play in, I am not anxious at all because it would be a beat down by the Lakers. All the Lakers have to do is double Curry, triple him if you have to, pick him up high and force the ball out of his hands and that is a testament to “The Chef’s” greatness. The Warriors have no one else that can carry the scoring load. I think teams should be wary of the Wizards with Brodie and Beal. Those cats ca put up the numbers in a one game series.
Hmmm. On a one off night I will never bet against Steph Curry and the magic he is capable of. Teams send 3 guys his way and that can open up the game for his teammates. Also these Lakers are not a great 3 point shooting team so if the Warriors build a lead catching up might be tough for the Lakers.

Anyway we shall see what Portland does because for all we know the Lakers might not end up in the play in if the Blazers lose to the Nuggets on Sunday
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:23am On May 15, 2021
The Clippers are wise. Very wise. They don't want that Lakers smoke in the first round. grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2021
Lol. Person open mouth talk say LeBron isn't/wasn't the most important player to the Lakers championship run grin. Wonderment. Sha, everybody get em mouth

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:12pm On May 15, 2021
Congratulations to The Black Mamba, The Big Ticket and The Big Fundamental on their induction to the NBA HOF.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:23am On May 16, 2021
The Wizards about to take 8th place from the Hornets tomorrow (they're both 33-38 and they play each other tomorrow). Then beat the Celtics in the play-in to win 7th position. Wizards vs Nets 1st round matchup. Brodie vs KD

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 10:48am On May 16, 2021
Hardetayour:
So Max Kellerman has been saying Steph chokes in the finals. Bar 2016 finals, how true is it?

Max Kellerman is so annoying to watch, I'm just trying to give him benefit of doubt

He is being paid to say those things grin grin grin grin

Someone that said he would rather give Iguodala the chance to make a life-saving shot ahead of steph curry....the guy is either delusional or is being paid
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:37pm On May 16, 2021
I don't care if we make 8th or 7th seed. The Jazz or Suns better avoid the Warriors. cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 4:50pm On May 16, 2021
steady986:
The Wizards about to take 8th place from the Hornets tomorrow (they're both 33-38 and they play each other tomorrow). Then beat the Celtics in the play-in to win 7th position. Wizards vs Nets 1st round matchup. Brodie vs KD

Are you pondering what I’m pondering - in my “pinky’s” voice grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2021
steady986:

As expected, Wizards beat Hornets to take the 8th spot. They'll play Celtics in the 7th/8th play-in game and probably win. Nets vs Wizards 1st round it is. The basketball gods are good to us.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:36pm On May 16, 2021
mattfeuter:

Are you pondering what I’m pondering - in my “pinky’s” voice grin grin
I am o my brother grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:37pm On May 16, 2021
SmooshCHN:
I don't care if we make 8th or 7th seed. The Jazz or Suns better avoid the Warriors. cheesy cheesy
You never even beat Grizzlies finish you dey talk of 7th seed
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 9:41pm On May 16, 2021
Too many turnovers from SC although he has made some good passes. JTA, Wiggins and Poole are playing really big today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:14pm On May 16, 2021
We did it. Bad start to the 4th Q but SC came through on what was a somewhat poor shooting night. He was getting clawed in his drives but all the same we would not have done this without him. Big game from Draymond Green and Wiggins. Good game from everyone else. We most probably won't beat the LAL if we faced but at least, it was a fun season. With Klay back we will be dangerous.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:20pm On May 16, 2021
@steady986, can you give Curry some accolades, please? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 12:08am On May 17, 2021
benji93:

That unrepentant curry hater......abegi

You will have better luck making Lucifer accept Christ Jesus

And hopefully, Ja Morant can learn to keep his big-liped mouth shut

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:12am On May 17, 2021
That guy Ja Morant needs to do something about his shooting. They literally dared him to shoot a three. Such disrespect. cheesy
Blueelf:

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 12:17am On May 17, 2021
benji93:

Top 8 seed (which means playoffs with this bum squad) and the scoring title to boot. God damn the person who created play-ins. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 12:18am On May 17, 2021
Blueelf:

Humbled. Humiliated and humbled. Ja Morant that is.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:38am On May 17, 2021
Why's everybody trying their utmost best to avoid the Lakers in the first round na? cheesy The Nuggets are getting blown out by Portland and the Jazz blowing out the Kings. The Clippers lost to the freaking Thunder the other night. We're not even that good this year grin Plus LeBron is old and both he and AD are coming off of injuries. This is the best time to play the Lakers. I don't know what everybody is just doing. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:40am On May 17, 2021
benji93:
For taking that decent team to the 8th place? One game above Ja Morant? Your team is 5th in defensive efficiency o, and it's not because of Curry. I've seen guys not nearly as talented as him do better with less help.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:11am On May 17, 2021
LeBron just aggravated his ankle. That's it for the season.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 4:18am On May 17, 2021
Did you just call them a decent team? Now I know you are a lost cause. No further discussion on the matter. cheesy.
steady986:

For taking that decent team to the 8th place? One game above Ja Morant? Your team is 5th in defensive efficiency o, and it's not because of Curry. I've seen guys not nearly as talented as him do better with less help.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 11:48am On May 17, 2021
steady986:

your goat said he should win the MVP but you're here still hating for nothing. Talmbout decent team, decent kee you there.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:27pm On May 17, 2021
steady986:
LeBron just aggravated his ankle. That's it for the season.

I keep saying they need to shut the season down. But I guess there is some pride there, the champs want to at least get to the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by gargoyle: 3:54pm On May 17, 2021
Hardetayour:
your goat said he should win the MVP but you're here still hating for nothing. Talmbout decent team, decent kee you there.

You dey mind am

Even their best player said so

But hatred won't let them see road

Tell him to name the player who did better with the kind of team GSW has now

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:53pm On May 17, 2021
gargoyle:

You dey mind am

Even their best player said so

But hatred won't let them see road

Tell him to name the player who did better with the kind of team GSW has now

Not just the team. The injuries included. Oubre, Wiseman joined the injury list and GSW played an 8-man rotation. This G-league team were 1-8 when SC did not play and 37-26 with him. This was the SC that was supposed to get exposed or the one that CP3 had more impact than.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by gargoyle: 5:28pm On May 17, 2021
The so-called Ja Morant even posted Curry for MVP. So I don't know the problem?

Some lebron fans are so myopic and parochial. Even if curry manages by some huge luck to win this season's championship, they'll say the refs favored him or GSW bribed their way through....

Funny set of people

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by ovoP(m): 9:19pm On May 17, 2021
Bucks vs heat what are your predictions
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:11am On May 18, 2021
steady986:

You never even beat Grizzlies finish you dey talk of 7th seed
I don't care if we make 7th or 8th is what I said. You bitter gan this guy. Too bitter.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by nairamaniac: 1:11pm On May 18, 2021
Android17:

Don't mind that guy. He was turning amala. Where most of us took exception to in his post was the "CP3 would have made the warriors a playoff team with this roster and how he had more impact than Curry". Baba started changing it to floor general when he found out he had misyarned.

The sudden change from IMPACTFUL to FLOOR GENERAL was exactly my thot when I saw his past of who is a better floor general.

Curry is ahead of both Harden&Cris Paul.

Both offensively and impactability.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2021
Here is the plan for us (Celtics)..Avoid the Brooklyn Nets.

We stand a better chance against the Sixers, we have their number and know how to beat them or make a game out of the series at worst.

Lose to the Wizards tonight and beat the winner of the Hornets/ Pacers to get the 8th seed and play the Sixers.

#greenrunsdeep

(1) (2) (3) ... (1687) (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) ... (2200) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo, larride(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.