Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1704) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624609 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:41am On May 27, 2021
Knicks fans no kukuma get joy.. Dem don dey taunt Trey Young about him hair.. haha
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:55am On May 27, 2021
“Your hair is balding”.. The Knicks fans are chanting whenever Trey goes to the line..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:13am On May 27, 2021
The atmosphere at the MSG has to be the best in the league this season.. it is electric and loud..
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 5:00am On May 27, 2021
benji93:
The NBA is a whole different game now. Thanks to Steph Curry. One thing i hate about that man. What I want to see is Embid giving them the work in the post, but No the man would rather stop at the perimeter. grin

This has been my issue with him and AD.

At least Embiid even tries to put the ball down in the post. I don’t like AD shooting those stupid threes. You are a big man and should be punishing guys in the paint.

This is why Hakeem will forever be legendary.

Even in today’s NBA, he’ll take all the centres lunch money.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:11am On May 27, 2021
Ja Morant is special.. He looks unfazed in only his 2nd playoffs game. Quite impressive if you ask me.

Good to see Spyder back and looking healthy..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 8:06am On May 27, 2021
One man I'm definitely happy for is Derrick Roseeyyyy. He deserves this and even more...
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:12am On May 27, 2021
I won't be surprised if they get swept. This is the making of a team that stays with you for 3 quarters. I sincerely hope something else happens since they are going home.
Roland17:

They are down 2-0.. I thought they could get a split.. I just hope we don’t end up seeing a lot of sweeps in this first round.
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 1:49pm On May 27, 2021
benji93:
Only if Westbrook could shoot. The guy's midrange won't even bounce of the circular part of the rim.

Do you mean Westbrick?
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 1:53pm On May 27, 2021
joshboo:

Bruv the problem with dem idiots is basically selective amnesia( Dementia) but it is what it is, haters would always hate. Been a Spur since 98 But you gotta give props up when it's due, Truth is most of them are youngins and probably started watching Bball recently.
Its the same new generation idiots that would say AD is better/ greater than Duncan.

shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:00pm On May 27, 2021
So let’s talk about Ja and Zion.

Both players are in their 2nd year in the NBA with Zion being the more talented with a higher ceiling but Ja has made the better adjustment to the league, has the longevity and is enjoying massive experience from these playoff games than Zion.

My problem with Zion is this.. Zion is getting comfortable with the way his career and play time is being handled by the Pelicans. Last season, Alvin Gentry/ Pelicans did not do the kid any favors by being overtly protective during his rookie season. While I do understand he was injured but when he returned he could have done and played more. This season also, they chose to stop their playoffs pursuit by shutting Zion down over a ridiculous pinky injury. The Pelicans could easily have finished 10th ahead of the Spurs in the West and participated in the Play in tournament but they shut everything down.

In stark comparison, Ja pushed his team to the bubble last season and watching him play this post season, you could not tell this is his first NBA playoffs season and yesterday was only his 2nd game. The Grizzlies could easily have shut down Ja and tanked the rest of the season but obviously Ja was not having any of that. Let me be very clear, the Pelicans have a deeper and better roster than the Grizzlies and had no business tanking the rest of the season. The Spurs should have been the ones doing that.

The Pelicans don’t seem to have learned anything from their past experiences with high draft picks. One would expect that they would have learned something from the CP3/AD situation. They will be the biggest losers if after everything, Zion does not resign and decides to move on from the Pelicans and probably end up with the Knicks (MSG) an arena he adores.

I want to see Zion take more control of the trajectory his career because he does not have the longevity that Ja has because of recurring injuries associated with his size. He has to become more vocal with management about his playing time. He also has to spend a lot of time during the summer to workout and get his body in good shape before the season restarts in October. The sooner he gets the ground rolling, the better for him. He will be entering his 3rd season next year, time flies and waits for no one. He is the more talented player amongst both with the ability to dominate games offensively.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:20pm On May 27, 2021
Khanben:

It was larry brown grin grin grin grin. it was still ugly but very gritty. I remember losing sleep just to watch those games on STV. You could not tell who could win and they were classics

indeed it was. I meant JVG, ex rockets coach was the only one who enjoyed that finals. Kept salivating at the defense grin. I know the nba will never let those kind of teams meet in the finals again - set the nba back like 5 years grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2021
Roland17:

I want to see Zion take more control of the trajectory his career because he does not have the longevity that Ja has because of recurring injuries associated with his size. He has to become more vocal with management about his playing time. He also has to spend a lot of time during the summer to workout and get his body in good shape before the season restarts in October. The sooner he gets the ground rolling, the better for him. He will be entering his 3rd season next year, time flies and waits for no one. He is the more talented player amongst both with the ability to dominate games offensively.

Excellent post. Reminds me of Blake Griffin actually. Physical specimen, with skills. Missed rookie season due to injury. When he came back , he was a highlight reel machine, but never stayed healthy enough for the post season. 10 years later no one remembers he was the top draft pick in a year Harden was picked 3rd, Curry in the top 10. We just know him as an old man playing on the bench for the Nets shocked

Its not the best to be too muscly in the NBA imo. The nature of the game puts a lot of pressure on knees and ankles especially. I know its hard for big strong guys to want to lose some weight because it helps them muscle through in the paint, but its possible to stay just as strong at a lighter weight. Reduces injuries and you get faster.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:10pm On May 27, 2021
Yesterday a fan spit on Trey and another threw popcorn at Brodie..

Banning this guys from ever being ticket holders or visiting the arena is not enough in my opinion, it is too lenient. At some point, the league has to work with law enforcement and lawmakers to make this a criminal offense that should go to court. I am all for taunting and trolling, its all part of the game but it has to be respectable. Those two fans should never be allowed in any public sporting event ever again. These fans are lucky we are not playing in the 90's/ very early 2000's when players absolutely jumped on fans.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 9:58pm On May 27, 2021
Roland17:
So let’s talk about Ja and Zion.

Both players are in their 2nd year in the NBA with Zion being the more talented with a higher ceiling but Ja has made the better adjustment to the league, has the longevity and is enjoying massive experience from these playoff games than Zion.

My problem with Zion is this.. Zion is getting comfortable with the way his career and play time is being handled by the Pelicans. Last season, Alvin Gentry/ Pelicans did not do the kid any favors by being overtly protective during his rookie season. While I do understand he was injured but when he returned he could have done and played more. This season also, they chose to stop their playoffs pursuit by shutting Zion down over a ridiculous pinky injury. The Pelicans could easily have finished 10th ahead of the Spurs in the West and participated in the Play in tournament but they shut everything down.

In stark comparison, Ja pushed his team to the bubble last season and watching him play this post season, you could not tell this is his first NBA playoffs season and yesterday was only his 2nd game. The Grizzlies could easily have shut down Ja and tanked the rest of the season but obviously Ja was not having any of that. Let me be very clear, the Pelicans have a deeper and better roster than the Grizzlies and had no business tanking the rest of the season. The Spurs should have been the ones doing that.

The Pelicans don’t seem to have learned anything from their past experiences with high draft picks. One would expect that they would have learned something from the CP3/AD situation. They will be the biggest losers if after everything, Zion does not resign and decides to move on from the Pelicans and probably end up with the Knicks (MSG) an arena he adores.

Many people are not ready for this conversation. If there is any player that should imbibe a win now mentality, it is Zion. History has not been kind to players of his size and stature. They have seasons of unmatched dominance , followed immediately by a steep decline. And now that early in his career he is already battling with niggling injuries, it has placed every organization that has an interest in him on amber alert. You need to win now while he is still healthy. Maybe am wrong, maybe Zion develops a jump shot that can extend his play longevity well into his 30's, maybe the injury gods smile on him and his ankles/acl don't get the Blake Griffin treatment. But that in itself is a lot of maybes. I am happy for once that the league did not mess up by giving him Rookie of the Year last season. Availability will always trump talent as far as I'm concerned and that is shaping up to be an area where Ja would always trump him. My advice to the pelicans, get a coach who would actually find away to get the best out of him while minimizing his exertion on the floor. Sit Ingram down and make him understand that this is zion's team now and either he gets in line or he gets his ass traded. Unleash Zo' and let him do his thing. He has always been a pass first PG now he has two legitimate scoring threat to feed, stop trying to make him a 3nD player and let him play his game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:17pm On May 27, 2021
birdman:

indeed it was. I meant JVG, ex rockets coach was the only one who enjoyed that finals. Kept salivating at the defense grin. I know the nba will never let those kind of teams meet in the finals again - set the nba back like 5 years grin

His commentary through out was as if he was in heaven. I remember that was one of the reasons i loved that series.

I totally agree the NBA will hate for 2 defensive juggernauts to make it into any nba finals. The only reason why they even liked the Pistons in the 04 finals is because they were the David who slayed the Shaq Kobe goliath

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:56am On May 28, 2021
Bucks in 4
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:35am On May 28, 2021
Khanben:
Bucks in 4
I'm so happy with their pickups. Jrue, PJtucker and Portis are killing if for them. So much scoring pressure off Giannis shoulders. Things you love to see
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:56am On May 28, 2021
This is not definitely not the same Bucks team as last season and this is most certainly not the same Heats team as last season.

Really happy for Jrue. After wasting His time on the pelicans for years, He finally has a team that will at the very least give Him a chance to compete. Also who would have thought replacing wastepipe Bledsoe for one of the Best guards in the League would automatically make your team better? grin grin.

Nets are still my favourite though providing everyone is fit. I don't see anyone outscored those dudes 4 times in a 7 games series.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:06am On May 28, 2021
chic2pimp:
This is not definitely not the same Bucks team as last season and this is most certainly not the same Heats team as last season.

Really happy for Jrue. After wasting His time on the pelicans for years, He finally has a team that will at the very least give Him a chance to compete. Also who would have thought replacing wastepipe Bledsoe for one of the Best guards in the League would automatically make your team better? grin grin.

Nets are still my favourite though providing everyone is fit. I don't see anyone outscored those dudes 4 times in a 7 games series.

He was once compared to Bledsoe on this thread?you can imagine shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:36am On May 28, 2021
chic2pimp:

Please, don't remind me. grin
aliondo:

Nothing we no go see for stat sheet and score box. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:39am On May 28, 2021
aliondo:

SmooshCHN:
Please, don't remind me. grin
Nothing we no go see for stat sheet and score box. cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:12am On May 28, 2021
A tight first half. Vogel has been careful with how he is using size and that has helped them stay with the Suns. Booker has not had a good half but CP3 looks more agile today.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:28am On May 28, 2021
CP3 is not playing well. I know he is injured so he is excused but his hesitancy to shoot has become obvious and he is shooting it too short when he does.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:36am On May 28, 2021
Suns offence has stagnated. Can't hit anything. The only positive note is, AD is wobbly. Seems he has re-aggravated his foot injury.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:44am On May 28, 2021
Game over. LeBron is playing bully ball and all the sun's shots are short. Crowther is and has always been a fraud.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:44am On May 28, 2021
This Lakers defense is disrupting everything, on offense they are forcing everything inside the paint and the Suns have no answer for that.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:49am On May 28, 2021
Suns can't hit anything. Why do these teams just fold?
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 4:49am On May 28, 2021
Lakers balling!!! Bullying the Suns at the paint.

We must pray AD's legs does not give way o. He seems shaken by that block.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49am On May 28, 2021
Experience in the playoffs can not be overemphasized. Suddenly the Suns look overwhelmed by the emotions of the game especially playing away from home.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:51am On May 28, 2021
The Lakers are now playing to kill any resolve the Suns have left..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52am On May 28, 2021
Portland down by 5
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:54am On May 28, 2021
If you are Monty, you are absolutely worried, not necessarily because of the score but because your players look like they have already lost the game. Heads down, sad looks.. Players are looking at each other for support but can't find any because of their inexperience.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.