Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624433 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:34pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

All true, but the shots his team mates are taking are basically open looks. If the Clips continue to give up uncontested 3s they have a mountain to climb

You are right but it is a numbers game. Some time this season Mavs had the worst 3 point shooting record. It is risky but Clips might be hoping for the law of averages to set in. It feels like if the Mavs shoot 30% from 3, They will lose a close game. Sometimes, a dying enemy just needs a whiff of victory to steal it from the claws of defeat.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:41pm On May 26, 2021
Android17:
Foolishness is when Warriors win 67 games in 2015. In that year only Klay and Curry are listed as all stars. But every year since then you tell them that their roster was filled with superstars and your only evidence is 67-15. But with the other side of your mouth, LeBron had bums in Cleveland. Same Cleveland he won 66 and 61 games with back to back. But you don't mention how he had 2 players who had been all stars. Like I said before, if anyone annoys me, I will come and demystify the lie that LeBron carried bums. Lol

Wait was it not 2015 where Klove missed all of the finals and Kyrie missed all of the last 5 games. Lebron did not have bums all year but for the finals his team next best two players pratically did not play.
we all saw this repeat itself with the 2019 finals where KD and Klay got injured, Raptors also won in 6 and there was nothing Curry or any great player would have done to change that result.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:57pm On May 26, 2021
benji93:
Not only am i certain that all you do is watch the box score, i am also sure that na night school you go. cheesy grin

Was this supposed to make me angry? I'd love to know so I can play along cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:01pm On May 26, 2021
Some people's team are not even in the playoffs. Some others, their team is about to get swept in the first round. But somehow na them get mouth pass for here. I never see this kind thing before o grin

And meanwhile someone is saying it's his team that pursued LeBron out of Cleveland to South Beach grin. That very team has won one championship in 13 years. LeBron on the other hand has gone on to win 4 with three different franchises.

That team would go extinct if something is not done soon cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:17pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

Wait was it not 2015 where Klove missed all of the finals and Kyrie missed all of the last 5 games. Lebron did not have bums all year but for the finals his team next best two players pratically did not play.
we all saw this repeat itself with the 2019 finals where KD and Klay got injured, Raptors also won in 6 and there was nothing Curry or any great player would have done to change that result.

Yea but the seasons I was even referring to were 2008-2010. Some silly people claim that the team that played San Antonio in that 08 finals were bums. They also claim the 2018 finals Cavs were bums. We can bring receipts here to destroy such arguments. Meanwhile, KLove was injured long before the finals so they fared well without him. Kyrie was injured after game 1 of the finals so an argument can be made about him although they did lose that game 1 with him playing.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:02pm On May 26, 2021
Android17:

Yea but the seasons I was even referring to were 2008-2010. Some silly people claim that the team that played San Antonio in that 08 finals were bums. They also claim the 2018 finals Cavs were bums. We can bring receipts here to destroy such arguments. Meanwhile, KLove was injured long before the finals so they fared well without him. Kyrie was injured after game 1 of the finals so an argument can be made about him although they did lose that game 1 with him playing.

IMHO when one team is without 2 of their three best players, i dont care how good a player the one remaining is, if the opposition team cannot win in the finals then that opposition team does not deserve to be there.
The finals is a whole other level in comparism to other stages of the playoffs, and no one player is beating any healthy team in a best of seven series. It can be done in just one game but not 4 out of 7
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:14pm On May 26, 2021
Android17:

You mean the 2007 finals right. I watched the 07 series and with due respect if i said list the top 4 players in that series the fact is simple, the Cavs had only one of them and the Spurs had 3, Add to that the fact the Spurs also had the better coach. even though i was supporting the Spurs because of my guy Ginobili, i had that series ending in 4.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2021
Roland17:
Everybody wants to spit at AD, rightfully so and more proof that this team can’t win without him but let’s act like LeBum did not go 1/4 in the 4th, choke FT and turned the ball over 5 times..

When they win its LeBum but whenever he loses, it’s got to be someone else no matter what. Big credit to AD for coming out to take responsibility because he did not show up.. but... make no mistake, he knows and sees this rubbish going on.

Normal levels. This one didn't start today
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:29pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

You mean the 2007 finals right. I watched the 07 series and with due respect if i said list the top 4 players in that series the fact is simple, the Cavs had only one of them and the Spurs had 3, Add to that the fact the Spurs also had the better coach. even though i was supporting the Spurs because of my guy Ginobili, i had that series ending in 4.

The Spurs were the better team for sure. However, because one team's players are better than the others does not mean that the other team had bums. That is my point.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:34pm On May 26, 2021
Roland17:

Scroll back baba.. I even posted the video. I have been glued to his YouTube channel like kilode! None of those cats want any of his smoke.. dem don quiet..
The man has over 200k subscribers already. Can't even blame him. His mental health took a beating. PG might be next
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:37pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

IMHO when one team is without 2 of their three best players, i dont care how good a player the one remaining is, if the opposition team cannot win in the finals then that opposition team does not deserve to be there.
The finals is a whole other level in comparism to other stages of the playoffs, and no one player is beating any healthy team in a best of seven series. It can be done in just one game but not 4 out of 7

You are right however do you know when the finals was to begin the pundits and media in a consensus said the Cavs will win? It is just revisionism that makes people praise the warriors today. In fact, that is the reason SC was not voted finals MVP. They wanted it to look like something out of the ordinary happened that made the warriors win. You saw some of the Lebron fans here praise him for beating Miami with Bam and Dragic out but the same people always said that the warriors 2015 win was questionable.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:02pm On May 26, 2021
chic2pimp:

It was briefly touched upon in the previous page I think. Dude has had enough tbh. You can't just keep coming for a Man for 20+years and not expect a serious clapback at some point. It's simply not possible. As He said Himself, He has kept His mouth shut all this while but to no avail. This is the end result if you keep poking the bear.
The man is hilarious. The irony is there have been far bigger #1 busts than him IMO.

Anthony Bennett
Andrea Bargnani
Olowokandi
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 6:32pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

If u pair Giannis with Luka they will multiple championship

Absolutely....Thank Goodness common sense prevailed in the end and He decided not to team up with either Chef Curry or Luka.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:20pm On May 26, 2021
Android17:

You are right however do you know when the finals was to begin the pundits and media in a consensus said the Cavs will win? It is just revisionism that makes people praise the warriors today. In fact, that is the reason SC was not voted finals MVP. They wanted it to look like something out of the ordinary happened that made the warriors win. You saw some of the Lebron fans here praise him for beating Miami with Bam and Dragic out but the same people always said that the warriors 2015 win was questionable.

It is just like the last four nba finals IMHO while the games made for good TV, the conclusion was forgone b4 the series started. There was no way the Cav were beating KD and the GSW, the Raptors were given a cake walk as soon as both KD and Klay got injured. As for the 2020 finals it was just laughable people thinking the Heat had any chance especially after Dragic got injured.
I am seriously hoping this years finals give us some pretty even teams like we saw in some of the 2000s finals. I remember the lakers vs Celtics 2x, lakers vs Pistons, Spurs vs Pistons. Those finals were nail biters and were all crazy and enjoyable

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2021
Android17:
Luka Doncic is extremely good and intelligent however his side pieces are balling out and I feel a lot of this is being overlooked. Every time they threw the box-and-one, he simply passed out of it. The receiving end showed a fellow teammate hit a huge 3. They had 50%+ on 3pt FG. My only issue with the Mavs right now is, their wins have depended on great 3pt shooting regardless of Luke's heroics. Which is why it is a problem. If their 3pt shooting dips in say game 3 and Clippers steal 1, they will be reenergerized. I know Skip Bayless has given up on his Clips but I will actually watch out for game 3 where the Mavs could let slip.

I agree. Luka is a stud no doubt. But people are underestimating the effects of a well coached team vs a team that really doesnt have an identity. Just a collection of stars. Unfortunately for clippers, next 2 games are away, so it will not get any easier.

They can still win this series but hard choices need to be made - especially regarding PG3 and Beverly. Clippers missed a chance to make Sam Cassell coach. He would have done better getting good mileage out of this mix

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2021
Roland17:

Becky with the rough face, you don’t have to expose the fact that you are the most sensitive member of the Bum squad. Na only Bum wen I call your MCM agitate you reach like this? What if I come add LeFlop and Choke Artist?

Man, miss me with all that story.. Your Egungun is approaching the highway and I will be waiting to whip some senses through your soul..

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin Ogbeni STFU n worry bout your own team.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:39pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

It is just like the last four nba finals IMHO while the games made for good TV, the conclusion was forgone b4 the series started. There was no way the Cav were beating KD and the GSW, the Raptors were given a cake walk as soon as both KD and Klay got injured. As for the 2020 finals it was just laughable people thinking the Heat had any chance especially after Dragic got injured.
I am seriously hoping this years finals give us some pretty even teams like we saw in some of the 2000s finals. I remember the lakers vs Celtics 2x, lakers vs Pistons, Spurs vs Pistons. Those finals were nail biters and were all crazy and enjoyable

You enjoyed Spurs vs Pistons embarassed. Is that you, Jeff van Gundy?
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

Bruv the problem with dem idiots is basically selective amnesia( Dementia) but it is what it is, haters would always hate. Been a Spur since 98 But you gotta give props up when it's due, Truth is most of them are youngins and probably started watching Bball recently.
Its the same new generation idiots that would say AD is better/ greater than Duncan.
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2021
birdman:

You could be right. Nets are balling right now, but its against the celtics that typically get outcoached come playoffs. We dont know how they will fare vs Bucks or 76ers. Nets havent seen adversity this playoffs, so its hard to tell.

Lakers look like old men trying to force the game. It worked for them last game, but even if they somehow beat the suns, what will they do vs Mavs or Jazz? The bright spots are Drummond putting up Detroit Drummond type numbers and AD waking up
As much as I hate to see players injured, lakers are one AD injury away from being dumped in the second round. The physical advantage they lost this summer has been highlighted but what would really determine how far they'll go is their durability. As for the nets, I still stand by my word once they encounter a team that can shoot the lights out and play lock down d, they'll begin to unravel. And they have two of those teams lining up opposite them
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2021
Khanben:

I was thing about that myself, he is in my top 5 at the moment although I will understand if someone else puts him at 6-8. One thing is for sure he is the best player on the floor in this first round match up
My number 1 quality for a top 5 nba player is availability. I don't care how talented you are. If you cannot suit up to play, keep your talents abeg. Based on that alone, that eliminated alot of pretenders from the top 5.
Re: The NBA Begins by Thanos(m): 9:02pm On May 26, 2021
steady986:

Ah, lemme brace myself for a Bucks/Mavs finals smiley
Ah. I see you are a man of culture as well. I stan!!!

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:54pm On May 26, 2021
birdman:

You enjoyed Spurs vs Pistons embarassed. Is that you, Jeff van Gundy?

It was larry brown grin grin grin grin. it was still ugly but very gritty. I remember losing sleep just to watch those games on STV. You could not tell who could win and they were classics
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:59pm On May 26, 2021
joshboo:

Bruv the problem with dem idiots is basically selective amnesia( Dementia) but it is what it is, haters would always hate. Been a Spur since 98 But you gotta give props up when it's due, Truth is most of them are youngins and probably started watching Bball recently.
Its the same new generation idiots that would say AD is better/ greater than Duncan.

Wait who says AD is better than Timmy. That is straight up blasphemy, that is like saying a high end toyota is better than a ferrari. That bank shot alone sheeesssee. Timmy is a god were AD is abeg.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:02pm On May 26, 2021
Thanos:

My number 1 quality for a top 5 nba player is availability. I don't care how talented you are. If you cannot suit up to play, keep your talents abeg. Based on that alone, that eliminated alot of pretenders from the top 5.

That boy is a problem
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:05pm On May 26, 2021
birdman:

I agree. Luka is a stud no doubt. But people are underestimating the effects of a well coached team vs a team that really doesnt have an identity. Just a collection of stars. Unfortunately for clippers, next 2 games are away, so it will not get any easier.

They can still win this series but hard choices need to be made - especially regarding PG3 and Beverly. Clippers missed a chance to make Sam Cassell coach. He would have done better getting good mileage out of this mix

When/if Clips lose, then we can come for Ty Lue. Till then I will watch that game 3 with keen interest. I have a weird feeling it won't go the Mavs way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:07pm On May 26, 2021
Thanos:

As much as I hate to see players injured, lakers are one AD injury away from being dumped in the second round. The physical advantage they lost this summer has been highlighted but what would really determine how far they'll go is their durability. As for the nets, I still stand by my word once they encounter a team that can shoot the lights out and play lock down d, they'll begin to unravel. And they have two of those teams lining up opposite them

The Bucks have too many guys they can put on any of the big 3 1v1 and be comfortable with the results. I still dont know who will guard Giannis and Middleton even Lopez will kill them if the Bucks run a couple of low post sets for him.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:31am On May 27, 2021
The NBA is a whole different game now. Thanks to Steph Curry. One thing i hate about that man. What I want to see is Embid giving them the work in the post, but No the man would rather stop at the perimeter. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:40am On May 27, 2021
Only if Westbrook could shoot. The guy's midrange won't even bounce of the circular part of the rim.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:29am On May 27, 2021
A40:
The man is hilarious. The irony is there have been far bigger #1 busts than him IMO.

Anthony Bennett
Andrea Bargnani
Olowokandi

Absolutely, at least he had 10+ years in the league
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:31am On May 27, 2021
Knick fans are really feeling this game 2
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:37am On May 27, 2021
Khanben:
Knick fans are really feeling this game 2

The City will always belong to the Knicks and MSG..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:38am On May 27, 2021
benji93:
Only if Westbrook could shoot. The guy's midrange won't even bounce of the circular part of the rim.
They are down 2-0.. I thought they could get a split.. I just hope we don’t end up seeing a lot of sweeps in this first round.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1700) (1701) (1702) (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.