Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644385 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:49pm On May 30, 2021
steady986:

Norman normal.

But I don't think we lost this game because of AD's absence. Although him going down put a dent on their spirit. There's always this despondence that comes when one of your best players gets injured in a game. By the time they realised they were actually not that bad without AD it was already too late.

We'll start game 5 without him and I believe we'll be better prepared.

I somehow missed the game, thx for the recap. now a best of 3 embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:28am On May 31, 2021
KD is a big problem! Baba allow us breath na...
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:41am On May 31, 2021
Are you sure that's not exactly what you need? grin. Maybe he going all "i am the man" is what you need to win this series. cheesy grin.
Roland17:
KD is a big problem! Baba allow us breath na...
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:43am On May 31, 2021
You better shut up. grin. I was hoping you won't mention that bullshit. Haven't the Suns been missing a healthy CP3 for most of this series?
steady986:

Norman normal.

But I don't think we lost this game because of AD's absence. Although him going down put a dent on their spirit. There's always this despondence that comes when one of your best players gets injured in a game. By the time they realised they were actually not that bad without AD it was already too late.

We'll start game 5 without him and I believe we'll be better prepared.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:44am On May 31, 2021
Come on guys! You can’t turn the ball over.. it’s an automatic basket.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:13am On May 31, 2021
It was fun while it lasted with J Brown. I don't know what to think of the Celtics this season. They have been underwhelming save Tatum. Tatum has evolved his game this season and has used less dribbles to improve his scoring. Nets have gone back to ball movement in this game but how long will it last?
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:14am On May 31, 2021
benji93:
You better shut up. grin. I was hoping you won't mention that bullshit. Haven't the Suns been missing a healthy CP3 for most of this series?

He predicted Lakers in 7 as well so he is still on point with his predictions.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:21am On May 31, 2021
You obviously didn't get my point.
Android17:

He predicted Lakers in 7 as well so he is still on point with his predictions.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:30am On May 31, 2021
benji93:
You obviously didn't get my point.

I was being tongue in cheek knowing he would rather be right than accept his favourite player caught that L without AD.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:34am On May 31, 2021
We are messing up very simple buckets..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:46am On May 31, 2021
This is just too much fire power against a team already missing important pieces..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:15am On May 31, 2021
I am sick and tired of these non calls in Tatum.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:23am On May 31, 2021
The Nets big 3 already have 101 points with over 4 minutes to go. Too much fire power
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:44am On May 31, 2021
Kawhi doing it on both ends
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:20am On May 31, 2021
PG13 beginning to shake off the 1st Q rust..
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:23am On May 31, 2021
Roland17:
I am sick and tired of these non calls in Tatum.

They treat Tatum like SC tbh. They do not get their fouls. Surprised for Tatum because he is tall and meets the criteria for people who should get easy calls but for some reason it does not go his way. Freaking Trae Young gets more calls than Tatum.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:30am On May 31, 2021
benji93:

I dey fear you?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:37am On May 31, 2021
So the Clippers have woken up finally. I think the fear of getting embarrassed was what woke them up rather than the fear of not winning a championship grin. At this point I see no hope for Dallas; the momentum has swung in the Clips direction.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:05am On May 31, 2021
Kyrie you can’t walk up to the center and intentionally stomp on the leprechaun and not expect a response from the fans! Come on man!! You disrespected the logo and the home fans have a right to get upset about that. You are getting booed because you set the franchise back by your actions and have not handled it well.

I am happy that fan got arrested, it is what I have been advocating for but Kyrie did not carry himself well. His post game action was absolutely unnecessary.

Now the narrative will be about the idiot who threw the bottle and not Kyrie who was absolutely out of line with his actions.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:21pm On May 31, 2021
Understood. cheesy
Android17:

I was being tongue in cheek knowing he would rather be right than accept his favourite player caught that L without AD.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:40pm On May 31, 2021
I would be disappointed if you were. Just reminding you that you forgot something. cheesy
steady986:

I dey fear you?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2021
Roland17:
Kyrie you can’t walk up to the center and intentionally stomp on the leprechaun and not expect a response from the fans! Come on man!! You disrespected the logo and the home fans have a right to get upset about that. You are getting booed because you set the franchise back by your actions and have not handled it well.

I am happy that fan got arrested, it is what I have been advocating for but Kyrie did not carry himself well. His post game action was absolutely unnecessary.

Now the narrative will be about the idiot who threw the bottle and not Kyrie who was absolutely out of line with his actions.

Boston fans are rowdy, like philly. But boston is especially annoying with a thin veneer covering racism. I think it s because Irish used to be the butt of racism not so long ago, now they relish doing it to someone else. Even former players have not defended Boston over Kyries accusations - because we all know its true. I have danced over that demonic midget many times in my mind. May it continue to plague yall with playoffs losses grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:04pm On May 31, 2021
birdman:

Boston fans are rowdy, like philly. But boston is especially annoying with a thin veneer covering racism. I think it s because Irish used to be the butt of racism not so long ago, now they relish doing it to someone else. Even former players have not defended Boston over Kyries accusations - because we all know its true. I have danced over that demonic midget many times in my mind. May it continue to plague yall with playoffs losses grin

No Boston fan is in denial of our history with racism, we know we are also loud, look and see why..However, racism is a American problem vs a Boston alone problem. The guy that spit on Trey was black, is that considered racist? I think it is important to differentiate individual bad behavior issues from racists behaviors.

Throwing popcorn and bottles are more behavioral than racist when compared to clear racist chants/ comments directed at Morant’s parents.. None of these behaviors are acceptable but raising the temp with racism narratives is just a cheap way to distract the narrative from taking responsibility about your actions. The fans have a right to boo you.. it is nothing new in the NBA..

Stumping the Leprechaun is absolutely unacceptable and regarded an insult to the fans. The fact that no one is speaking about this and now focusing primarily on the idiotic fan that tossed the bottle.
You of all people should know I avoid getting into it with Kyrie but this one is really bad.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 5:25pm On May 31, 2021
Roland17:

Stumping the Leprechaun is absolutely unacceptable and regarded an insult to the fans. The fact that no one is speaking about this and now focusing primarily on the idiotic fan that tossed the bottle.
You of all people should know I avoid getting into it with Kyrie but this one is really bad.

Are you saying the correct response to kyrie action should be an attempt to blind him?

Boston fans have been instigating Kyrie for years. Why can't they take what they have been dishing out for years now
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:40pm On May 31, 2021
felix00:

Are you saying the correct response to kyrie action should be an attempt to blind him?

Boston fans have been instigating Kyrie for years. Why can't they take what they have been dishing out for years now

Firstly, I need you to go back and read my comments about Kyrie and you will realize no one on this thread has defended Kyrie more than me on and off this thread.

You have chosen to ignore important portions of my post that address your first sentence and that is at your discretion. Even before this incident, if you read back after the three incidents with Young/ Brodie and Morant, I advocated for these guys to be arrested and prosecuted.

Boston fans have been instigating you said? You probably have no idea about the history then.. Kyrie left the team in a difficult situation and after he left he has been negative about the City that protected him and gave him a landing ground. Kyrie is the one that has not handled the smoke..

Is getting booed new? Is he the first player to get booed? LeBum gets booed when he returns to Miami so does KD and many others so what’s the deal? It’s part and parcel of the game. No one went out of line booing him during the game until the idiot threw the bottle.. Heck, Young was trolled by Knicks fans about his balding hair but did he disrespect the fans? He understands it’s all part of the game! The fans definitely got to Kyrie in game 3 and we are in his head.

Everyone is now focusing on Boston while a lot of bad behaviors in other grounds are excused because it is Boston!

Call him out when it is necessary. Stomping the Leprechaun is deemed an insult.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:16am On Jun 01, 2021
Roland17:

Boston fans have been instigating you said? You probably have no idea about the history then.. Kyrie left the team in a difficult situation and after he left he has been negative about the City that protected him and gave him a landing ground. Kyrie is the one that has not handled the smoke..

hahaha you know how many players you guys have left in a difficult situation? Its the business, no?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:17am On Jun 01, 2021
Roland17:

No Boston fan is in denial of our history with racism, we know we are also loud, look and see why..However, racism is a American problem vs a Boston alone problem. The guy that spit on Trey was black, is that considered racist? I think it is important to differentiate individual bad behavior issues from racists behaviors.

Throwing popcorn and bottles are more behavioral than racist when compared to clear racist chants/ comments directed at Morant’s parents.. None of these behaviors are acceptable but raising the temp with racism narratives is just a cheap way to distract the narrative from taking responsibility about your actions. The fans have a right to boo you.. it is nothing new in the NBA..

If the fans have the right to boo, and they do, players have the rights to inflict a similar insult. Do me I do you, God no vex.

Dancing on any teams logo is an insult no doubt, but its part of the game imo. I agree we need to keep it within the games - throwing objects, heckling parents, and even making blanket racist statements like Kyrie did inflames the game in a bad way. I think he did that just to muddy the waters, which is typical Kyrie anyhow.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 2:58am On Jun 01, 2021
I hate the NBA refs. They have extended this Wizards vs Sixers series by the wrong call on D Green gifting the Wizards 2 FTs. The flagrant on Westbrook that was not called. Then the 2 FTs given him for a clean steal from the Sixers number 30. Doc Rivers has every reason to be angry. Every reason.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:11am On Jun 01, 2021
Mike Conley doing it on both ends late in the game for the Jazz
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
Android17:
I hate the NBA refs. They have extended this Wizards vs Sixers series by the wrong call on D Green gifting the Wizards 2 FTs. The flagrant on Westbrook that was not called. Then the 2 FTs given him for a clean steal from the Sixers number 30. Doc Rivers has every reason to be angry. Every reason.

The call on green was withdrawn, no? And that WB foul really wasnt an egregious flagrant 1. Could go either way. Believe me, Beal is angrier than you that this game was extended. He was already cheesing, smiling at the camera in hope of vacation. I know for sure, next game he will see to it that the series is over. He will also talk to the rookies to calm down and stop playing too hard. Now I understand why the guy no wan leave wizards. Its not loyalty. Na No Future Ambition syndrome - ball, then club. In no particular order.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:17am On Jun 02, 2021
There is a big reason I wanted any other team but the Nets! Tatum pushing through with injuries.. Everyone is just banged up..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:44am On Jun 02, 2021
Roland17:
There is a big reason I wanted any other team but the Nets! Tatum pushing through with injuries.. Everyone is just banged up..

The result would have been the same had they met bucks or 76ers or heat. This team needs to be blown up, keep Tatum, get another coach. Otherwise same story next year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.