Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623867 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2021
benji93:
All i saw was that Lebron has a tendency to want to statpad. grin. Just an observation.

To me, that was Lebron trying to set tone for the next game. Those 3rd q 3s were useless points, but it gives the team confidence to see that
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2021
Common main. Stop trying so hard. grin
birdman:

To me, that was Lebron trying to set tone for the next game. Those 3rd q 3s were useless points, but it gives the team confidence to see that
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2021
Ofcourse nobody wants to acknowledge the fact that the Lakers are terrible without AD. cheesy. They will ignore any narrative that hurts Lebron's contribution.
Roland17:

Hahaaaaa... Loud am eh! Baba say him get shoulders to carry the Lakers.. You no see as everywhere don quiet since game 4 loss after AD went down? E choooooke!

Imagine the Lakers won game 4 and last night’s game 5 without AD? Choooooiiiiii! The narratives no go be here..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:22pm On Jun 02, 2021
birdman:

You are not wrong. If you say you are the leader, then you have to take the blame. Granted Lebron is not 100%,but then he should have mechonu, and let the game do the talking

Which blame/ responsibility him take? No dey cruise yourself! After AD went down and the Lakers lost game 4 he claimed he has shoulders broad enough to carry the Lakers to the next round. Na here we dey! Baba has been as poor as the guys he is leading.

You want make we check him numbers?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2021
benji93:
Ofcourse nobody wants to acknowledge the fact that the Lakers are terrible without AD. cheesy. They will ignore any narrative that hurts Lebron's contribution.

AD is the most important player of the LA Lakers! I said it last season dem come for me.. Well, the proof is in the pudding!! Argue with the wall next to you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:26pm On Jun 02, 2021
Roland17:

Which blame/ responsibility him take? No dey cruise yourself! After AD went down and the Lakers lost game 4 he claimed he has shoulders broad enough to carry the Lakers to the next round. Na here we dey! Baba has been as poor as the guys he is leading.

Where did I say he did? In your haste to throw bombs at Lebron, you kukuma didnt even read what I wrote. Issokay, carry on sir! Goat is still goat. Meeeeeh grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2021
birdman:

Where did I say he did? In your haste to throw bombs at Lebron, you kukuma didnt even read what I wrote. Issokay, carry on sir! Goat is still goat. Meeeeeh grin
Oga you dey confuse yourself! You did not articulate your thoughts clearly.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:48am On Jun 03, 2021
Big props to Lillard he's been exceptional for the Blazers but all the wanking to yesterday's performance is annoying.

He's the least scrutinized star in the NBA.

Harden could have a similar stat line like yesterday and still be undermined by the press angry
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:54am On Jun 03, 2021
Maxey is a good chap. Explosive and confident.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:56am On Jun 03, 2021
That's why he will probably never leave the Blazers, so people will keep saying he's underrated. Smart strategy if you ask me. grin
etidy:
Big props to Lillard he's been exceptional for the Blazers but all the wanking to yesterday's performance is annoying.

He's the least scrutinized star in the NBA.

Harden could have a similar stat line like yesterday and still be undermined by the press angry

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:26am On Jun 03, 2021
This Hawks v Knicks series is such a physical series..
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:01am On Jun 03, 2021
Trae trae. Good looking out for the atl. If embiid stays injured sixers need to be worried

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:02am On Jun 03, 2021
benji93:
That's why he will probably never leave the Blazers, so people will keep saying he's underrated. Smart strategy if you ask me. grin

Hahahahahaha.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:19am On Jun 03, 2021
Ever since Trae stopped forcing those long threes, he became a steady player and a great leader at such a young age. He is one to watch out for. In other news, Dennis Shroeder now wishing he took the money Lakers offered him earlier.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 3:38am On Jun 03, 2021
Doncic making all his 3 shots but not his FTs. Crazy.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:40am On Jun 03, 2021
Luka don start smiley
Re: The NBA Begins by nelsonebby(m): 3:58am On Jun 03, 2021
Porziņgis is shockingly useless at this point angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:51am On Jun 03, 2021
There is something about these clippers. Can't explain it but knew they were suspect. They will have to fight to death game 6. Kawhi will have to be better. He stunk up the joint today.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:57am On Jun 03, 2021
nelsonebby:

He is really annoying in this series. When will he man up and put his ass on the low post, the Clippers play small so much that he will have either batum or Morris on him for a stretch. KP is just

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Khanben:

He is really annoying in this series. When will he man up and put his ass on the low post, the Clippers play small so much that he will have either batum or Morris on him for a stretch. KP is just
Must also be the coaching. Carlisle has to demand and position him in the low post and mid range than camping him in the periphery.

Call plays for him early in the game for easy shots and dunks to get him into rhythm. Doncic is a beast, he can always find his way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hustle2flex(m): 8:51am On Jun 03, 2021
STATE OF PLAY SO FAR
I hope Dallas really finish the job in game 6 since clippers can't handle one player in a series and they want to meet jazz with threats all over the floor.jazz-dallas series will be a 3 point contest and will be competitive too,same as Suns vs Nuggets.Nuggets vs Balzers is definitely going to game 7 for decider.Lakers are done without AD,it's obvious in the games 1&4 when he didn't play well and game 5 he missed.Jazz are showing potential and are looking good for a finals berth provided everyone is healthy (for now)

Hmmm!Nets vs Bucks,what are series it's gonna be.How will the Nets fare against the size and length (Gannis and Lopez) in the post without Jeff green present.maybe Durant will get some minutes at the centre cos Griffin will have his work cut for him if he matches up with gannis.How about the new defensive switching schemes bucks has employed this year?can they stay disciplined in tracking nets big trio especially at the perimeter when they get hot?Can Holiday provide consistent scoring if gannis and Middleton is having a cold streak especially with Vincenzo out? Intriguing match ups everywhere.

How long Philly vs Hawks series lasts depends on if Embiid is coming back and when?.philly without him are a good defensive team and if Seth curry can remove his streaky shooting and be more consistent with scoring,it can end in 6 games. Young has been terrific so far but he is going to work harder to take 4 games against philly with veterans and without home court advantage.
But as for the west,I will gladly settle for 3 game 7s for the weekend.phew!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:21pm On Jun 03, 2021
nelsonebby:

As in ...I would trade him next year
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2021
I know what steady986 dreamt of las night grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2021
birdman:
That was shameful to watch. Lebron did not play well, but he held his own. The other starters need to be flogged. Also Lakers need to dump fake players like Wes Matthews. That guy blew so many defensive assignments.

I understand playing for pride, but Lebron need to take care of his body. 17 years, back-to-back-to-back finals for a decade. There are kids with half the mileage that will miss a week if their pinky finger hurts. AD needs to be forced to step up so Lebron can rest.

Its like watching popsy pushing the car and the teenage son sitting in the car. Tufia! angry
Lmaoo you ninjas swore it wasn't AD's team grin grin

He has a groin injury na. How do you force him to play?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:19pm On Jun 03, 2021
benji93:
All i saw was that Lebron has a tendency to want to statpad. grin. Just an observation.
LeNomad gon LeNomad
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:20pm On Jun 03, 2021
nelsonebby:
When I say this era is the softest in basketball history. A 7'3 ninja on a max deal who absolutely refuses to bang in the paint.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2021
Android17:
Doncic making all his 3 shots but not his FTs. Crazy.
The fact that he can't make free throws is a real basketball mystery. I have sat down and wondered why a player with his skills and ball handling is at times Ben Wallace bad and it makes no sense at all. I just chalk it up to the basketball gods trying to be fair

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:02pm On Jun 03, 2021
Roland17:

Scroll back baba.. I even posted the video. I have been glued to his YouTube channel like kilode! None of those cats want any of his smoke.. dem don quiet..
I like that he is using his platform to get on Stephen A's neck because frankly the dude is starting to become annoying
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2021
A40:
Lmaoo you ninjas swore it wasn't AD's team grin grin

He has a groin injury na. How do you force him to play?

The issue with AD's injury is not just about if he is willing to play or not. In the old days players had the final on whether they played or not because their salaries were by and large not insured. These days the medical staff has the final say because of insurance implications. If a player chooses to force the issue and even try to play when he has been advised by the medical staff not to, his advisers will just butt in and convince him not to because of all the offsetting language in players contract.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
Khanben:

The issue with AD's injury is not just about if he is willing to play or not. In the old days players had the final on whether they played or not because their salaries were by and large not insured. These days the medical staff has the final say because of insurance implications. If a player chooses to force the issue and even try to play when he has been advised by the medical staff not to, his advisers will just butt in and convince him not to because of all the offsetting language in players contract.
I think it would be foolish to insist on AD playing with a compromised groin unless he's not as badly hurt as we are led to believe. Some injuries you can play through, this is not one of them. If this iteration of the Lakers cannot beat this young Suns team at home with the phony Goat leading the line then it needs to be dismantled this off season
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:15am On Jun 04, 2021
Portland Blazers go into the half up by 7.. Lillard has 19 points with some clutch points. How about MPJ? This kid wants the smoke today! 26 points..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42am On Jun 04, 2021
Jokic’s footwork is such a beauty to watch

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.