Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,059 members, 7,953,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:13 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1775) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1718779 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) ... (2277) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2021
We let this shiit turn into a 19-point blowout, that's what annoys me the most. We were literally only 5 points down at some point in the 4th.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2021
Roland17:
Vincent goes to the FT line

Misses the first..and the 2nd

I no understand how guards go dey miss FT like this
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:03pm On Jul 25, 2021
Half time

France 37-45 USA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
USA struggling with the size of France! They are altering shots and more importantly rebounding to score or keep possession.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
France playing Gobert and Porrier together.. talk about the twin tower and they also have Fall..( or Tako Fall).

KD in foul trouble (4) and one away from being out. He has 9 points and the offense looks like it has stagnated.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2021
The size advantage the French have is crazy.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Jrue has been fantastic thus far.
Re: The NBA Begins by fredoooooo: 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
chic2pimp:
The size advantage the French have is crazy.
See this one , he will not watch 9ja . Lemme catch yilou ehn grin
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
This dudes are bricking shots even KD.

fredoooooo:

See this one , he will not watch 9ja . Lemme catch yilou ehn grin

It's too early in the morning jor tongue grin
Re: The NBA Begins by carbonado(m): 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
USA staring defeat in the eyes.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2021
No one can say they did not see this coming considering how mediocre their warm up games were.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2021
Which kain Sunday be dis tori Olorun

Panic level up by 1.5
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 3:39pm On Jul 25, 2021
Roland17:

Panic level up by 1.5

Get used to it
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2021
Roland17:

Panic level up by 1.5

lipsrsealed just one game. Plenty of time to right the ship. This is why as team captain it is good to be gracious. You can be strict, firm but still gracious. Otherwise how do you rally folks
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:41pm On Jul 25, 2021
Roland17:

We all have personal lives with our own demons wen we dey deal with everyday..Nobody dey judge us for those demons wen only us know!

Make una chill!

Who in this life no get challenge? Are his demons more than Artest own? Everone got to grow up tho, or you get called out. You cant be one of the OGs on the squad and be whining like that, leadership is not just during the game. Guys going to war with you need to know what you are about. Someone even older needs to sit this guy down make e understand. Its not just about shooting the rock.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2021
I wish the NBA can adopt some of the FIBA rules. The NBA rules are designed to make scoring easy, which has helped in elevating their league commercially. While FIBA rules are designed to make defending easy. If the NBA can just find a middle ground I think it would be good.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:22pm On Jul 25, 2021
steady986:
I wish the NBA can adopt some of the FIBA rules. The NBA rules are designed to make scoring easy, which has helped in elevating their league commercially. While FIBA rules are designed to make defending easy. If the NBA can just find a middle ground I think it would be good.

Fiba games are so fun to watch, you go sweat b4 you get one point.... Dame still dey find easy calls grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:56pm On Jul 25, 2021
birdman:

Who in this life no get challenge? Are his demons more than Artest own? Everone got to grow up tho, or you get called out. You cant be one of the OGs on the squad and be whining like that, leadership is not just during the game. Guys going to war with you need to know what you are about. Someone even older needs to sit this guy down make e understand. Its not just about shooting the rock.

From a leadership standpoint, then I would absolutely concede and say I am wrong and that you are right. Leadership is an integral aspect of group dynamics that I preach. He is a team captain and should know better. Thanks Boss!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
birdman:

lipsrsealed just one game. Plenty of time to right the ship. This is why as team captain it is good to be gracious. You can be strict, firm but still gracious. Otherwise how do you rally folks

You see say before the Olympics my level was 4.5 and only went up 1.5 because I still have incredible faith in the guys to come through.
This team has had the least amount of time to get together, they don’t look like they understand the FIBA rules at all especially with regards to rebounding..
Don’t get me wrong, France dominated the boards with their lineup but their knowledge of rules worked well for them because they were taking balls immediately after it makes contact with the board or rim.
On to Iran! Naija to Germany!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:02pm On Jul 25, 2021
joshboo:

Get used to it

Josh you are a hater angry angry grin Even on Sunday Josh?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
Roland17:

From a leadership standpoint, then I would absolutely concede and say I am wrong and that you are right. Leadership is an integral aspect of group dynamics that I preach. He is a team captain and should know better. Thanks Boss!

Wait, who took hijacked this mans account. Roland is usually not this agreeable. Abi na Sunday grin I should report this tongue

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2021
birdman:

Wait, who took hijacked this mans account. Roland is usually not this agreeable. Abi na Sunday grin I should report this tongue

If I hear!!!!On the contrary, I am quite agreeable, I get numerous receipts here. Whenever I don’t agree, it is because I have not seen enough to convince me. I would tell you I am one not afraid to go against the grain.

I love to engage in logical exchanges/debates, especially the ones that are civil, respectful not emotional tantrums bore out of hate.

I love to learn and one thing I have learned over the years is “The winner of a debate is not necessarily telling the truth”.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:18pm On Jul 25, 2021
I've never understood how Patty Mills always turns to prime Steph Curry anytime he suits up for Australia

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:25pm On Jul 25, 2021
A40:
I've never understood how Patty Mills always turns to prime Steph Curry anytime he suits up for Australia

They run plays for him when he plays for Australia in comparison to Spurs.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2021
joshboo:

Fiba games are so fun to watch, you go sweat b4 you get one point.... Dame still dey find easy calls grin

Lol. No more of that fake landing space shiit or bogus reaching fouls.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2021
Roland17:

They run plays for him when he plays for Australia in comparison to Spurs.
Yes but he also looks like a completely different animal on the court. They are not missing Ben Simmons at all
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:14pm On Jul 25, 2021
A40:
Yes but he also looks like a completely different animal on the court. They are not missing Ben Simmons at all

The only thing I want to hear about Ben Simmons this off-season is that he is working on his offense and Free Throw shooting.. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 11:26pm On Jul 25, 2021
In the end, there's only so much hard work can do for you. The quality of results your hardwork yields ultimately depends on the ceiling of your talent. Na to sidon dey look and hope for the best. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:58pm On Jul 25, 2021
birdman:

Dikembe Mutombo
Lifetime NBA earnings: $140 million
After Tax Estimate: $70 million
Major philantropy: Donated $15 million to build hospital in Congo

That is just one project. There are many others, obviously you cant do this with salary money. You need a long term game plan.

Some other interesting ones to lookup
- Tmac (outstanding work in Darfur)
- Olajuwon (cautionary tale, almost gave to al qaeda charities without knowing, managing money is hard!)
- Lebron

For anyone interested, you can see the type of federal taxes Lebron, Mayweather, Tiger Woods pay here: https://www.propublica.org/article/the-billionaire-playbook-how-sports-owners-use-their-teams-to-avoid-millions-in-taxes

That is federal o, we have not counted state taxes. Its hard getting wealthy. Its even harder staying wealthy. Even harder still if you plan on philantropy. I would go further, but this is not the forum for such. Guys, everything is not about hating or liking players.
That dude will have earned over $300m before his 30th birthday. It will take a crack and drug addiction far worse than Lamar Odom's to blow through that money in these modern times bruh. Philanthropy or no philanthropy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DearDealz: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2021
Luka on Fire!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) (1778) ... (2277) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.