Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1794) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1627778 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:16am On Aug 11, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Good Lord sad How do you not know when you overrate your importance?

I can prostrate and beg on his behalf at this point.

We don kukuma manage sign am for 1yr/5.9M rental. Not a bad deal for the Celtics. He would bring that experience and depth in that position and he definitely wants to ball out to prove a point.

This one pass winch!
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 2:42am On Aug 11, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Good Lord sad How do you not know when you overrate your importance?

I can prostrate and beg on his behalf at this point.

As in this one na juju or ment.. but I'll go with juju, lakers were even being generous to give him that contract... some1 that's always started from the bench, suddenly gets a rare chance in LA amd feels he's arrived. Mumuman
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:33am On Aug 11, 2021
Roland17:

We don kukuma manage sign am for 1yr/5.9M rental. Not a bad deal for the Celtics. He would bring that experience and depth in that position and he definitely wants to ball out to prove a point.

This one pass winch!

You guys are kuku wicked to start with. See as dem low ball tbe poor guy. Might as well add free doritos for the year to the contract.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2021
Caruso and Horton-Tucker will earn more than Schroder next year.

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:19am On Aug 11, 2021
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1425299552521818117?s=19

Isaiah Thomas weeping: "These nig*as gave up on me. They gave up on me."

I almost shed tears watching this video.
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2021
Salut a tous, I hope y’all enjoyed the olympics?
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2021
Roland17:

This one pass winch!
Everybody know sey the Celtics wicked pass Buhari and his boys. I wish the Warriors will take a page and learn a thing or two. For real I'm just praying he doesn't get injured or something.

birdman:

You guys are kuku wicked to start with. See as dem low ball tbe poor guy. Might as well add free doritos for the year to the contract.
These Celtics guys ehn. They could come and say they took a gamble signing him but I won't complain. That what you get for being greedy. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Addevice: 12:33pm On Aug 11, 2021
A minimum viable product (MVP) is the development approach in which a new product is developed with the number of features that are sufficient for early users. The final set of more advanced features is only designed and developed after receiving and analyzing feedback from the product’s first users.
Let’s explore MVP software development.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:36pm On Aug 11, 2021
Sorry my friend, although you didn't mention Bledsoe was the better player overall, you did mention he was as good. Surely you think differently now. And that's fine.
steady986:

Naa fam. Bledsoe is as good, if not better on defence.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2021
This is another statement you made. This was surprisingly easy to find. @birdman, you left your position and agreed with him that you were probably reading too much into the Holiday effect. cheesy grin . Don't give in to those Lebron people, sorry I forgot you are a Lebron person too. I just felt like finding old receipts today. grin Page 1645 was certainly a busy one on this subject.
steady986:

They lost Eric Bledsoe and added Holiday. To me that's a like for like on defence. So I don't really know if they improved on that end.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
benji93:
This is another statement you made. This was surprisingly easy to find. @birdman, you left your position and agreed with him that you were probably reading too much into the Holiday effect. cheesy grin . Don't give in to those Lebron people, sorry I forgot you are a Lebron person too. I just felt like finding old receipts today. grin Page 1645 was certainly a busy one on this subject.

bro, abeg remove me from the middle of this war na. I no wan chop missile for offseason abeg grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
joephemzyz:

Depends on who you were rooting for undecided. Tigers fall hand big time

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:14pm On Aug 11, 2021
IT crying after dropping 81 points in Pro Am game, that Ainge move still hurt deep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QfBOTYKLA
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2021
birdman:
IT crying after dropping 81 points in Pro Am game, that Ainge move still hurt deep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7QfBOTYKLA

He just needs playing time, Man and Confidence..he's still got basketball in him
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2021
joephemzyz:

Na your annual appearance be dis one?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:13pm On Aug 11, 2021
birdman:

SmooshCHN:

Everybody know sey the Celtics wicked pass Buhari and his boys. I wish the Warriors will take a page and learn a thing or two. For real I'm just praying he doesn't get injured or something.

These Celtics guys ehn. They could come and say they took a gamble signing him but I won't complain. That what you get for being greedy. grin

See dem.. grin instead make dem dey thank the Celtics for taking a chance on him as the guy become unemployed..
Na so una do with Isaiah Thomas, come find way change the narrative. Isaiah Thomas no get team oh! Warriors/ Houston make una sign the guy! No be only Celtics go dey save people career.. grin angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 10:59am On Aug 12, 2021
Roland17:

Na your annual appearance be dis one?

Na my mid-year appearance chief
Re: The NBA Begins by joephemzyz(m): 11:00am On Aug 12, 2021
birdman:

Depends on who you were rooting for undecided. Tigers fall hand big time

Without a doubt, such a let down.
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 12:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
Victor Oladipo rejected a 4 year $113m with the Indiana Pacers
He got a second chance with the Houston rocket 2 year $45m extension he rejected it.

Omo which kind prayer point person need for this kind issue.
Any suggestions
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
benji93:
Sorry my friend, although you didn't mention Bledsoe was the better player overall, you did mention he was as good. Surely you think differently now. And that's fine.

You can tell us that English is your problem and we'll understand.

The sentence, "Bledsoe is as good, if not better on defence" means what exactly?
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2021
benji93:

You're two day late, sorry.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 12:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
Bulls making some bold moves....

DeRozan??
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
Shittaakeem:
Victor Oladipo rejected a 4 year $113m with the Indiana Pacers
He got a second chance with the Houston rocket 2 year $45m extension he rejected it.

Omo which kind prayer point person need for this kind issue.
Any suggestions

At least he can say he did it because he wants to compete for championships and those teams couldn't offer that. What was Schroder's excuse? grin

But sha, it's always wise to secure the bag first and ask for a move later. Perhaps he couldn't wait.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:59pm On Aug 12, 2021
aliondo:
Bulls making some bold moves....

DeRozan??

Ha. You make am sound like say Woj just drop the bomb few minutes ago grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2021
Sorry, grin.
birdman:

bro, abeg remove me from the middle of this war na. I no wan chop missile for offseason abeg grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2021
O yes English is one of my problems. It's not my tongue, as i would think is so for many other people on this platform. That being said rest assured I know just enough to communicate, and you may want to stop making statements like "You can tell us that English is your problem and we'll understand", it's not a helpful tactic, and you do not know who's on the other end. Some of us just overestimate our level of proficiency or sophistication. You clearly said it was like for like on defense, and this recent postseason has shown he's better, now how much anyone thinks he's better would certainly vary from one person to another. It's ok to admit it, you were wrong, and you could certainly avoid it all together, as you suggested in another post: "You are two days late". cheesy. That's also fine. And don't be too reactive, no be everything be fight now, my friend.
steady986:

You can tell us that English is your problem and we'll understand.

The sentence, "Bledsoe is as good, if not better on defence" means what exactly?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2021
benji93:
O yes English is one of my problems. It's not my tongue, as i would think is so for many other people on this platform. That being said rest assured I know just enough to communicate, and you may want to stop making statements like "You can tell us that English is your problem and we'll understand", it's not a helpful tactic, and you do not know who's on the other end. Some of us just overestimate our level of proficiency or sophistication. You clearly said it was like for like on defense, and this recent postseason has shown he's better, now how much anyone thinks he's better would certainly vary from one person to another. It's ok to admit it, you were wrong, and you could certainly avoid it all together, as you suggested in another post: "You are two days late". cheesy. That's also fine. And don't be too reactive, no be everything be fight now, my friend.

Na you carry cutlass dey come attack me. I've told you that the only comparison I made concerning the two was on defense. And you brought that one as evidence even when it clearly implied that I was comparing their defense. As for whether Bledsoe or Jrue is better or not on defense, that was a very valid argument when I made it in 2019. Their accolades, as well as eye test, suggests that. Although it's OK to say that Jrue has since then gone on to be better on defense. But the simple truth is that Bucks were 1st on defense the last 2 years with Bledsoe (102.5 and 104.9). As soon as Jrue came in they relinquished that position to someone else, moving down to 9th (110.7). Make of that what you wish.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:38pm On Aug 12, 2021
Abeg no lie, It was in December 2020. cheesy. That stat you posted was in the regular season. Given that Bucks were very impressive in the regular season and underwhelming in the postseason, i would expect you to know better. Or perhaps let's put it another way, Holiday has been better when it matters most as Max would put it. cheesy. We remember what Holiday did to Dame in the 2018 western conference playoffs. This was why others opined he is better, even defensively. Going into the 2020/2021 season they had both been all defensive players twice, so the difference then comes when you factor in their pedigree in the palyoffs.
steady986:

Na you carry cutlass dey come attack me. I've told you that the only comparison I made concerning the two was on defense. And you brought that one as evidence even when it clearly implied that I was comparing their defense. As for whether Bledsoe or Jrue is better or not on defense, that was a very valid argument when I made it in 2019. Their accolades, as well as eye test, suggests that. Although it's OK to say that Jrue has since then gone on to be better on defense. But the simple truth is that Bucks were 1st on defense the last 2 years with Bledsoe (102.5 and 104.9). As soon as Jrue came in they relinquished that position to someone else, moving down to 9th (110.7). Make of that what you wish.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2021
benji93:
Abeg no lie, It was in December 2020. cheesy. That stat you posted was in the regular season. Given that Bucks were very impressive in the regular season and underwhelming in the postseason, i would expect you to know better. Or perhaps let's put it another way, Holiday has been better when it matters most as Max would put it. cheesy. We remember what Holiday did to Dame in the 2018 western conference playoffs. This was why others opined he is better, even defensively. Going into the 2020/2021 season they had both been all defensive players twice, so the difference then comes when you factor in their pedigree in the palyoffs.

2020 or 2019, what does it matter? As long as I made it before the season started.

We all know the Bucks meltdown was almost entirely due to Giannis. Role players will be role players. If your superstar doesn't show up there's little you can do.

Smh. I like how you dey nitpick. Dey act like say Jrue dey turn Gary Payton for playoffs wink Sha, if Kyrie and Harden no get injury we for no dey even get this argument. Or even Trae. Trae wey drop 48 on top Jrue head. Trae that was averaging 32 before he got injured. Abeg leave me o.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
Stay away from these hoes, they won't listen. Now see angry

1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
He already said this story is cap. I wonder why people are parading it. You do not award figures just because the baby daddy earns XYZ amount of money or else Chris Brown would have been paying the same. There has to be an established history between the couple, and proof that the child will be improperly taken care of by the other partner should they not earn that much and we all know it is not true.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 1:09am On Aug 13, 2021
steady986:
Stay away from these hoes, they won't listen. Now see angry

Story is clearly false. No judge in the Land will order Him to pay £2.4M yearly on His just over $4M wages. Simply impossible.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1791) (1792) (1793) (1794) (1795) (1796) (1797) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.