Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637418 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) ... (2223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:17pm On Oct 17, 2021
A40:
1 Superbowl appearance in 14 seasons as a starter. Greatness my ass

Of which wetin do your Blackhawks. Without Malkin and Crosby una still collect beating yesterday. How manage?

Won tu ti de oh! Remind me again the other teams in the disgraceful AFC East where your Ewure competed?

The Butt Fumbling Jets
Eternal Tanking Dolphins
Sorry Mediocre Bills

Abeg, you wan make I show you their respective records from the time Brady became a starter? Talk about flat track bully.. tongue

That Blackhawks game vex me I no go lie. We have started very poorly this season. I no expect much.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:23pm On Oct 17, 2021
A40:
Salute to Candace Parker (her and Liz Cambage are my WNBA wives) and the Chicago Sky for winning a chip for her city. Well deserved

Hopefully in the following years there is a bit more coverage of the women's game. Could definitely use a lot more support from everyone

The WNBA has to do more in my own opinion. It is a very competitive sports atmosphere and nothing is given, you absolutely have to earn the attention. While the quality of play has improved, it still has a lot of ways to go. You don’t switch off quality during the regular season and then expect strong attention during the post season.

I think they are getting better support around but the onus is on them to lift the level of play, nothing compared to the NBA but better than what it is. With that being said, I am very happy for Candace, I was rooting for her heavily.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:43pm On Oct 17, 2021
Mikal Bridges 4yrs $90million. Very good contract for both sides
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:01am On Oct 18, 2021
DeeMain:

I wish you would read with more patience and an intention to understand. Do not project unto me.

1. I said that with nearly 5 million people dead because of corona that in my opinion Medical science failed in protecting or saving us, period. Vaccine or no vaccine.

2. That there is a well reported collusion between big pharma and medical experts in favour of amassing profits and at the expense of saving lives and a rot in the medical system over the years that need to be investigated.

3. I said there is a rising distrust of the medical establishment as a result and that the current anti-vax movement is partly a fallout of that.

4. I suggested research funding for alternative health modalities and collaborations between them and medical science as a way forward to avert a repeat of such a catastrophe in addition to the cleansing of the medical system I suggested earlier.

Please what did medical science do wrong? This is a whole new virus, what else did you expect them to do?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:49am On Oct 18, 2021
Roland17:

Won tu ti de oh! Remind me again the other teams in the disgraceful AFC East where your Ewure competed?

The Butt Fumbling Jets
Eternal Tanking Dolphins
Sorry Mediocre Bills

Abeg, you wan make I show you their respective records from the time Brady became a starter? Talk about flat track bully.. tongue

That Blackhawks game vex me I no go lie. We have started very poorly this season. I no expect much.
Lmaooo. Have some shame. No be Jay Cutler, Teddy Bridgewater etc your Aaron Fraudgers dey face? The Bears have had double digit QBs since Fraudgers became a starter. That one na team? Didn't a team literally go 0-16 in your division under Fraudgers? Isn't that same team the only winless team left in the league as we speak

GOAT Brady is a flat track bully alright, bullying the entire NFL with 4 appearances in the last 5 Superbowls
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:50am On Oct 18, 2021
Khanben:
Makes you wonder what happened with Ayton? I don't think he should be maxed out like Young or Luka but I do think they should have found a happy middle ground
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:01am On Oct 18, 2021
Roland17:

The WNBA has to do more in my own opinion. It is a very competitive sports atmosphere and nothing is given, you absolutely have to earn the attention. While the quality of play has improved, it still has a lot of ways to go. You don’t switch off quality during the regular season and then expect strong attention during the post season.

I think they are getting better support around but the onus is on them to lift the level of play, nothing compared to the NBA but better than what it is. With that being said, I am very happy for Candace, I was rooting for her heavily.
You are right. The regular season is mostly blahhh. I also hate that most of the conversation around most of the so called supporters is always centered around money instead of genuinely growing the game organically. Every thing is always Pay Us, More Pay. Every time you hear talk about the league it's always about these pandering male journalists or some of these radical feminists talking about Money and never about the economics of the game and how to make it more profitable, how genuine interest in the game can be gathered.

Nonetheless still feel it could use a little more coverage as that will help a lot as well. I remember the finals of the Lynx and Sparks 16 & 17 (I had a soft spot for Maya Moore and finding out why she's not playing and the sacrifice she has taken on makes me respect her triple fold. She's an amazing woman) it was one of the toughest contests of basketball I've seen ever
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:34am On Oct 18, 2021
A40:

You are right. The regular season is mostly blahhh. I also hate that most of the conversation around most of the so called supporters is always centered around money instead of genuinely growing the game organically. Every thing is always Pay Us, More Pay. Every time you hear talk about the league it's always about these pandering male journalists or some of these radical feminists talking about Money and never about the economics of the game and how to make it more profitable, how genuine interest in the game can be gathered.

Nonetheless still feel it could use a little more coverage as that will help a lot as well. I remember the finals of the Lynx and Sparks 16 & 17 (I had a soft spot for Maya Moore and finding out why she's not playing and the sacrifice she has taken on makes me respect her triple fold. She's an amazing woman) it was one of the toughest contests of basketball I've seen ever

Baba, the supposed superstars of the WNBA have not been consistent for long periods for anyone to take the league or other players more seriously than they deserve. Outside of Grandma Sue Bird, B. Griner, D. Turasi, Vandersloot, Candace Parker, B. Stewart the rest of the supposed Superstars like Liz Cambage, S. Diggings Smith, N. Ogwumike, A. Wilson and the rest have been grossly inconsistent year after year! This is a big problem in itself.

Maya Moore is definitely a player the leagues needs but I don’t think she returns to dominate especially for the positive publicity. The WNBA players have to play their way into the hearts on everyone by elevating their plays. They are too focused on the wrong things.

The NBA remains eternally grateful to The GOAT/ Bird, IT and Magic because that generation of superstars put in a heck of a consistent shift to make sure they kept the attention of viewers.. The money came afterwards! Infact most of those guys did not make money until after they retired from the game. All the money these NBA cats are reeling today are a product of the hard work of that generation of superstars.. They were relentless on the court and improved every season..
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:42am On Oct 18, 2021
Roland17:

Baba, the supposed superstars of the WNBA have not been consistent for long periods for anyone to take the league or other players more seriously than they deserve. Outside of Grandma Sue Bird, B. Griner, D. Turasi, Vandersloot, Candace Parker, B. Stewart the rest of the supposed Superstars like Liz Cambage, S. Diggings Smith, N. Ogwumike, A. Wilson and the rest have been grossly inconsistent year after year! This is a big problem in itself.

Maya Moore is definitely a player the leagues needs but I don’t think she returns to dominate. The WNBA players have to play their way into the hearts on everyone by elevating their plays. They are too focused on the wrong things.

The NBA remains eternally grateful to The GOAT/ Bird and Magic because that generation of superstars put in a heck of a consistent shift to make sure they kept the attention of viewers.. The money came afterwards! All the money these NBA cats are reeling today are a product of the hard work of that generation of superstars.. They were relentless on the court and improved every season..

You are absolutely right, the WNBA need a consistent product to sell. Just like Stern had Magic and Bird, with MJ waiting on the wings to take over. They need superstars that will be consistent game in game out and with a bit more marketing and push they can at least have a product that is profitable.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:07am On Oct 18, 2021
Khanben:

You are absolutely right, the WNBA need a consistent product to sell. Just like Stern had Magic and Bird, with MJ waiting on the wings to take over. They need superstars that will be consistent game in game out and with a bit more marketing and push they can at least have a product that is profitable.

The WNBA started in 1997 and since then, we have seen only 7 dunkers! Only 7 players have dunked the ball in the last 24 years since the league started. Amongst the 7, we have only 1 consistent dunker in this generation and that is B. Griner. I am not expecting highlight showtime dunks but come on, this is something the players can work on. How about ball handling? There is nothing exciting about the guards/ players and their ball handling and distribution skills.

These are specific skills the WNBA players can develop to get people's attention. You have ladies who are well over 6'8 and they contribute nothing but basic basketball.. What exactly are you going to sell to the fans? Whys should fans spend their money to come watch you? Worth more companies spend their hard earned money to sponsor TV slots. There has to be something you are selling that will keep the attention of the fans to say "Oh that is great, I want to see that again"! This is not about being a woman, this is about effort.

It's like the advancement in sports medicine and training has not translated on the court in the WNBA. They measure themselves with the NBA and forget the hard work and sacrifices the NBA players of the past made to pave the way for today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:21am On Oct 18, 2021
Roland17:

You are right tbh. From year to year there isn't enough consistency and it makes my interest ebb and flow from year to year. The lack of athleticism is also off putting to a lot of people which is odd because I don't know how you expect women to be as athletic as men. But a lot of these players are good and are pretty sound fundamentally. At least the likes of Moore, Cambage, Stewart and especially Candace Parker

Roland17:

Maya Moore is definitely a player the leagues needs but I don’t think she returns to dominate especially for the positive publicity. The WNBA players have to play their way into the hearts on everyone by elevating their plays. They are too focused on the wrong things.
You don't get better by not doing something so I'd be shocked if Maya is back to her old self after 3 + years. Also the whole social justice thing, it's a mixed bag because the people who care for this agenda more often than not are not paying consumers of these sports or sports in general, They only show up when it's time for faux activism and to holler Gender kini kan kini kan

Roland17:

The NBA remains eternally grateful to The GOAT/ Bird, IT and Magic because that generation of superstars put in a heck of a consistent shift to make sure they kept the attention of viewers.. The money came afterwards! Infact most of those guys did not make money until after they retired from the game. All the money these NBA cats are reeling today are a product of the hard work of that generation of superstars.. They were relentless on the court and improved every season..
MJ made less than $130m over his playing career. This generation don't want nothing to do with delayed gratification. No knowledge of the economics and whether these franchises are even making profit. Just money money money
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 9:34am On Oct 18, 2021
Khanben:

Please what did medical science do wrong? This is a whole new virus, what else did you expect them to do?

A new virus. Medical science as the mainstream healthcare provider with all the funding and institutional support it receives couldn't handle it. We have already lost nearly 5 million. Think about that. 5 million!

So tomorrow another dangerous new virus comes and we start the same traumatizing death count and helpless resignation we just witnessed with corona?

There are many other alternative health modalities that have been efficacious for thousands of years and others that are relatively new that needs to be equally given big money research funding, developed, supported and given credibility if found to be efficacious.

With institutional funding these can be mainstreamed and can provide viable alternative solutions to future health threats. I have already talked about potential high level collaborations between medical science and these other modalities.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:31am On Oct 18, 2021
Khanben:

With all the money flying around these days, I'm not surprised.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
DeeMain:

A new virus. Medical science as the mainstream healthcare provider with all the funding and institutional support it receives couldn't handle it. We have already lost nearly 5 million. Think about that. 5 million!

So tomorrow another dangerous new virus comes and we start the same traumatizing death count and helpless resignation we just witnessed with corona?

There are many other alternative health modalities that have been efficacious for thousands of years and others that are relatively new that needs to be equally given big money research funding, developed, supported and given credibility if found to be efficacious.

With institutional funding these can be mainstreamed and can provide viable alternative solutions to future health threats. I have already talked about potential high level collaborations between medical science and these other modalities.

Please can you name these alternative modalities?
Also how do you propose to fund the research on these alternatives?
I would really like answers cause I'm learning here.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Thats a good start. grin
Nobody is talking about Birdman and Bhudda Skillz winning the draft.

you are trying to lebron me, even before season start lipsrsealed

dont forget to set your teams guys. @ steady986 When you click "Start Active Players" on the fantasy app, you will get an option to also set players for the whole week. That way, you dont have to remember to do this everyday. Just watch out for DNPs and injuries and alter your daily lineup if needed. You kuku be bball news guy
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:00pm On Oct 18, 2021
birdman:

you are trying to lebron me, even before season start lipsrsealed

dont forget to set your teams guys. @ steady986 When you click "Start Active Players" on the fantasy app, you will get an option to also set players for the whole week. That way, you dont have to remember to do this everyday. Just watch out for DNPs and injuries and alter your daily lineup if needed. You kuku be bball news guy

No vex o, I be novice. Does this mean that not everyone on my roster will score points daily?

P.S. Make una tell Killrhymz to leave my Clint Capela alone o, I no wan trade. Baba get like 5 bigs come still dey look me wey get only 2 grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:17pm On Oct 18, 2021
steady986:

No vex o, I be novice. Does this mean that not everyone on my roster will score points daily?

P.S. Make una tell Killrhymz to leave my Clint Capela alone o, I no wan trade. Baba get like 5 bigs come still dey look me wey get only 2 grin

I responded in the app.

And pls ignore killrhymz's ogbanje trades. He tries to get away with it each year. I spray holy water on my app everyday to ward of evil hearts angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2021
Khanben:

Please can you name these alternative modalities?
Also how do you propose to fund the research on these alternatives?
I would really like answers cause I'm learning here.

Alternative Medicine: simply means other healing methodologies that are not orthodox medicine. When combined with orthodox medicine it is called Complementary medicine or Integrative Medicine. Examples:

Traditional Chinese Medicine
Acupuncture/Acupressure
Herbal Medicine
Energy Medicine/Energy therapy
Mind-body Medicine
MetaMedicine/German New Medicine
Homeopathy
Naturopathy
Chiropractic medicine
Osteopathic medicine
Massage therapies
Body movement therapies e.g. Yoga, tai chi, Qigong, dance therapy
Hypnotherapy
Electromagnetic therapy
Reiki
Aromatherapy
Reflexology
Biofeedback
Meditation/Visualization therapies
Healing prayers/Spiritual healing

The list is not exhaustive.

For funding: WHO, Governments, NGOs, Corporations, wealthy individuals. Same way medical science research is being funded.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:34am On Oct 19, 2021
DeeMain:

Alternative Medicine: simply means other healing methodologies that are not orthodox medicine. When combined with orthodox medicine it is called Complementary medicine or Integrative Medicine. Examples:

Acupuncture/Acupressure
Herbal Medicine
Mind-body Medicine
Homeopathy
Naturopathy
Chiropractic medicine
Osteopathic medicine
Massage therapies
Hypnotherapy
Electromagnetic therapy
Reiki
Aromatherapy
Reflexology
Biofeedback

For funding: WHO, Governments, NGOs, Corporations, wealthy individuals. Same way medical science research is being funded.

Thanks for the list. But at an aside you do know in the USA the conservatives will kill any attempt to some of these. For example I remember a school which introduced Yoga and meditation to students and saw great results with the students, but the religious cons went mental and claimed it was a religious ploy to convert their kids and killed it. Same thing will happen with traditional, Chinese, Reiko, Qigong etc.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:35am On Oct 19, 2021
DeeMain:

Acupuncture/Acupressure
Herbal Medicine
Mind-body Medicine
Homeopathy
Naturopathy
Chiropractic medicine
Osteopathic medicine
Massage therapies
Hypnotherapy
Electromagnetic therapy
Reiki
Aromatherapy
Reflexology
Biofeedback

Thanks for the list. But as an aside you do know in the USA the conservatives will kill any attempt to research some of these. For example I remember a school which introduced Yoga and meditation to students and saw great results with the students, but the religious cons went mental and claimed it was a religious ploy to convert their kids and killed it. Same thing will happen with traditional, Chinese, Reiko, Qigong etc.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2021
DeeMain:

Acupuncture/Acupressure
Herbal Medicine
Mind-body Medicine
Homeopathy
Naturopathy
Chiropractic medicine
Osteopathic medicine
Massage therapies
Hypnotherapy
Electromagnetic therapy
Reiki
Aromatherapy
Reflexology
Biofeedback

some of these, I havent heard of. Will look them up
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2021
Khanben:

Thanks for the list. But as an aside you do know in the USA the conservatives will kill any attempt to research some of these. For example I remember a school which introduced Yoga and meditation to students and saw great results with the students, but the religious cons went mental and claimed it was a religious ploy to convert their kids and killed it. Same thing will happen with traditional, Chinese, Reiko, Qigong etc.

I cant blame them. You should only engage in what you are comfortable with. The spirit-mind-body connection should not be taken lightly as you can get yourself in trouble without even knowing you are in trouble. I personally think you can incorporate the stretches without all the divine self stuff and get benefits.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2021
birdman:

I cant blame them. You should only engage in what you are comfortable with. The spirit-mind-body connection should not be taken lightly as you can get yourself in trouble without even knowing you are in trouble. I personally think you can incorporate the stretches without all the divine self stuff and get benefits.

So how can research be funded when they are strong lobby groups who will block any look into it every step of the way. Look at the state of cannabis research, it has been either totally blocked or so grossly underfunded, that for a plant which is ubiquitous in all cultures we still don't know as much about it as we should, because of the cigarette lobby.
Medical research and other scientific research are sadly dependent on money and policy allowances So IMHO the existing researchers are doing the best they can with the limited targets and areas they are allowed to research.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2021
Khanben:

So how can research be funded when they are strong lobby groups who will block any look into it every step of the way. Look at the state of cannabis research, it has been either totally blocked or so grossly underfunded, that for a plant which is ubiquitous in all cultures we still don't know as much about it as we should, because of the cigarette lobby.
Medical research and other scientific research are sadly dependent on money and policy allowances So IMHO the existing researchers are doing the best they can with the limited targets and areas they are allowed to research.

I didn't even know there was a cigarette lobby. But yeah, it is really sad the number of people with chronic pain addicted to legal opiods when they could have used cannabis.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2021
At this junction, the sixers deserves some serious blame with the way they have handled the Simmons saga. Sure Simmons has been unprofessional and immature but the sixers should also know when to cut their losses and move ahead.

Why are keeping an unhappy player around fouling the air with his toxicity.

Sure he's trade value is low but the longer they played hardball looking for a godfather offer, the more his trade value is dipping.
You can't tell me that no one in the NBA is not interested in gambling on a young player with 4 years on his contract. The sixers are also being greedy here, at minimum we know about the warriors interest who backed off when the sixers where asking for the metaphorical head of John the Baptist.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:27pm On Oct 19, 2021
Khanben:

Lol. Right wing religious nutjobs are a big problem. Vaccine they won't take, medical marijuana they will fight it. Fight Big Pharma too. What do they actually want bayi?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2021
Just read that MPJ's max contract is not fully guaranteed. Just want to ask is D Ayton worth a max contract?
IMHO he is like Gorbert great in his role but not someone you give the max or like in the case of Gorbert the supermax. If Ayton can take the kind of deal Jaylen Brown took from the Celtics then that's cool. Even if he waits till next year I don't think the market will give him max money as RFA.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2021
birdman:

I didn't even know there was a cigarette lobby. But yeah, it is really sad the number of people with chronic pain addicted to legal opiods when they could have used cannabis.

Dude if you have time please read about the cigarette lobby, they are so strong it is scary. For example there was a time that all cigarette companies in the USA gave a certain amount which amounted to millions each to a joint fund for just one reason. To fight every case that claims, cigarettes caused cancer and also to fund anybody who is willing to say that their research, doesn't show that cigarettes contain carcinogens. they have also been the lobby group ensuring that cannabis remains not only illegal but that no studies on its effects are funded.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2021
A40:
Lol. Right wing religious nutjobs are a big problem. Vaccine they won't take, medical marijuana they will fight it. Fight Big Pharma too. What do they actually want bayi?

Those ones be mad people. You can't satisfy them
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
I'm loving the new NBA Today show. A lot more analysis rather than guys just giving their opinion of things.

And P.S. Malika is still fine
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:11pm On Oct 19, 2021
Not really crazy about people losing their jobs over cancel culture even though Rachel calling out ESPN for lack of diversity was woefully inaccurate at best and idiotic at worst I can definitely get used to seeing Malika's fine ass everyday

(1) (2) (3) ... (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) ... (2223) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: kendrick9(m), aliondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.