Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,817,001 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626663 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:26am On Oct 20, 2021
Roland17:

Naaaa...They would have won the Bucks series if Harden was healthy and without Kyrie.. I mean they pushed the Bucks without Kyrie/ Harden. I won't read into the W for the Bucks but I think the Nets need to figure out that interior position and their TOs. When they switch everything, they look vulnerable inside the paint.
Naah. Harden is a proven playoff ghost. If Kyrie was healthy yes but Harden absolutely not and we saw it again today
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:31am On Oct 20, 2021
This Jordan Poole dude is unconscious
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:46am On Oct 20, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 6:22am On Oct 20, 2021
No be small thing, my brother. We are in for a long season. I wish una the best, sha. grin. I have a feeling i go get to troll una well this season.
steady986:

Ah, Mr. Doubting Thomas has returned. Hope this would be a happy period for us all grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:58am On Oct 20, 2021
benji93:
No be small thing, my brother. We are in for a long season. I wish una the best, sha. grin. I have a feeling i go get to troll una well this season.

Lol. No worry. Trolling go reach everybody. Normal levelz grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2021
birdman:
All the "hanalysts" that have been saying Nets can win without Kyrie, I am interested to see the about turn tomorrow tongue

Howfar my guy, good to be back.. Those analysts are steady capping, This nets team with their terrible defense is not winning nada without Kyrie, even with him sef the teams still suspect without him they are outta any championship aspirations
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:07am On Oct 20, 2021
benji93:
Everybody dey improve skill in the offseason until season start. cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:09am On Oct 20, 2021
Roland17:

Naaaa...They would have won the Bucks series if Harden was healthy and without Kyrie.. I mean they pushed the Bucks without Kyrie/ Harden. I won't read into the W for the Bucks but I think the Nets need to figure out that interior position and their TOs. When they switch everything, they look vulnerable inside the paint.

MR Roland, The nets aren't winning nada with James and KD alone. Happy your boy semi is on the Bucks now. Bucks winning Back 2 Back championships for sure.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:06am On Oct 20, 2021
Russell Westbrook Laker debut:

8 PTS
5 REB
3 AST
4/13 FG
-23 +/- https:///s9dMy9P3GI
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
joshboo:

Howfar my guy, good to be back.. Those analysts are steady capping, This nets team with their terrible defense is not winning nada without Kyrie, even with him sef the teams still suspect without him they are outta any championship aspirations

welcome back!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
joshboo:

MR Roland, The nets aren't winning nada with James and KD alone. Happy your boy semi is on the Bucks now. Bucks winning Back 2 Back championships for sure.

I reallly did wish my boy Semi stayed back but I can understand the trade and I hope he gets some playing time with the Bucks.
As for the Nets, I am careful not to push that narrative that they need 3 healthy superstars to win the Eastern conference. Last season, they pushed the Bucks to a game 7 in the conference finals with only KD.
Infact, they were a long toe away from the finals. I believe a healthy Harden/KD can get them to the finals.. I mean, it doesn’t mean they will not miss Kyrie.. Maybe a Kyrie/ KD is stronger than a KD/ Harden combo but Harden is a much better and improved defender/rebounder than Kyrie.
I am one of Kyrie’s biggest fan on this thread and want to see him back on the court where he belongs but until that happens, the Nets can push this thing with a healthy KD/ Harden combo.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2021
A40:
Naah. Harden is a proven playoff ghost. If Kyrie was healthy yes but Harden absolutely not and we saw it again today
You are using game 1 of the season to make conclusions!
Harden is not the number 1 option on this Nets team. While I understand his history in the post season is not great, he is a 2/3 punch on this roster.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Roland17:

You are using game 1 of the season to make conclusions!
Harden is not the number 1 option on this Nets team. While I understand his history in the post season is not great, he is a 2/3 punch on this roster.
No. I have seen enough of Harden so whether he is second or third option they still lose regardless last season and this season. KD and Harden alone will not beat Milwaukee
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
Can someone help N. Ogwumike with some lotion for those ashy knees!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
Roland17:

I reallly did wish my boy Semi stayed back but I can understand the trade and I hope he gets some playing time with the Bucks.
As for the Nets, I am careful not to push that narrative that they need 3 healthy superstars to win the Eastern conference. Last season, they pushed the Bucks to a game 7 in the conference finals with only KD.
Infact, they were a long toe away from the finals. I believe a healthy Harden/KD can get them to the finals.. I mean, it doesn’t mean they will not miss Kyrie.. Maybe a Kyrie/ KD is stronger than a KD/ Harden combo but Harden is a much better and improved defender/rebounder than Kyrie.
I am one of Kyrie’s biggest fan on this thread and want to see him back on the court where he belongs but until that happens, the Nets can push this thing with a healthy KD/ Harden combo.
Bros. There was no game KD did not play with either Harden or Kyrie so this only KD yarn is inaccurate
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
A40:
Bros. There was no game KD did not play with either Harden or Kyrie so this only KD yarn is inaccurate

After Kyrie went down, who did KD play with? Please don't mention an injured Harden because we all know Harden was inconsequential when he was on the court.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
Roland17:

After Kyrie went down, who did KD play with? Please don't mention an injured Harden because we all know Harden was inconsequential when he was on the court.
Mba. Kyrie got hurt second quarter Game 4. Game 5 Harden played, don't tell me he was injured cos I ain't trying to hear that. If you're injured then don't play. If you're able to be on the court 40 plus minutes then you were fit enough. Plus Harden has dropped several stinkers when he was 100 % so no be today
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:47pm On Oct 20, 2021
anyone noticed KD's jumpshot is even better this year? In yesterday's game, I saw him several times pause while in the air, gauge the rim, and right before shooting he would arc his shot even higher. He is almost 7ft, which affords him the luxury of a brief pause while in the air, because no one can block that. I have to think this is something he worked on this offseason. It will be interesting to see what his shooting stats look like this year.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
Zion Williamson arrived camp north of 300 pounds, he weighed 284 last season!

Na pesin go still pay this one abi? Zion needs to help himself before it is too late. I have been talking about this kid since last season.. Time waits for no one..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949575-rival-execs-monitoring-zion-williamson-new-orleans-pelicans-relationship
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Roland17:
Zion Williamson arrived camp north of 300 pounds, he weighed 284 last season!

Na pesin go still pay this one abi? Zion needs to help himself before it is too late. I have been talking about this kid since last season.. Time waits for no one..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2949575-rival-execs-monitoring-zion-williamson-new-orleans-pelicans-relationship

If he gets offered the max by any team then they deserve whatever they get. IMHO people are caught up in what he can potentially be, not what he is right now. This dude can end up having just a 7-8yr career because of weight issues
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Good to see JB start hot, I expect a lot from him this season, no excuses. He has made significant progress over the last 2 seasons and I want to see another jump this season that will translate into an All Star appearance. I love the offense, it seems to have a lot of movement and touches and they are going to the hot hand. Thus far, the defense has not handled penetration too well.

#Greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:39am On Oct 21, 2021
Julius Randle v G. Williams is a bad match up on both ends for us especially if Randle is going inside the paint.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:13am On Oct 21, 2021
We absolutely have to figure out the PG position. There is no coordination from that position and it is affecting the rhythm of play.

Bad night from J. Tatum..You can't go 5-22 bro!

How about my boy JB?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:15am On Oct 21, 2021
BANG! BANG!!

Smart Ties it!!

OT WE GO!!
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:17am On Oct 21, 2021
Roland17:
BANG! BANG!!

Smart Ties it!!

OT WE GO!!

You must be proud. Kemba, this man just dey confused
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:18am On Oct 21, 2021
J.Brown came prepared. That deep 3 tho, game changer
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:19am On Oct 21, 2021
Can someone defend Founier for heaven's sake angry
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:20am On Oct 21, 2021
Jaylen is on fire.
Fournier back to back 3s
This game is fire...
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:21am On Oct 21, 2021
Roland17:
Can someone defend Founier for heaven's sake angry

Fournier just dey make free 3s. Bad D
This game na 3s galore

Even Barrett... Raining 3s here
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:22am On Oct 21, 2021
Play some freaking perimeter defense and fight through those screens angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23am On Oct 21, 2021
I don't like this one bit! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 3:25am On Oct 21, 2021
Roland17:
I don't like this one bit! angry

All tired legs and hands here. Your boys dey try na. But no defense at all

(1) (2) (3) ... (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) (1815) (1816) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.