Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,839 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1870) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633006 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) (1872) (1873) ... (2216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 7:43pm On Feb 21, 2022
Lakers should be looking at moving Lebron, Russell, and Anthony Davis for draft picks. Honestly, The team isn't going to get any better.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
donlittle25:
Lakers should be looking at moving Lebron, Russell, and Anthony Davis for draft picks. Honestly, The team isn't going to get any better.

You have 4 hall of famers on the team, one in his prime, one has GOAT like stature (at least he is even in the conversation), and yet you refuse to make any trades because of a draft pick down the road. That was an idiotic move, likely sponsored by Pelinka. The guy has all those snake like qualities, so he knows how to play both the owner and the players. I mean, what drafts pick are you expecting to replicate what you already have?

As much as I don't like Lebron moving around, this is a good reason why. Its YOUR career, and YOU are responsible for a big part of how it turns out. Owners and GMs can ghost you. Fans are fickle. At the end of the day you have to live with YOUR decisions. If Lebron never left Cleveland, perhaps he wins 1, in an off year where the West is weak. They would never have drafted Kyrie because they would win the ECF every year, and the stingy owner would never have found a reason to get the talent around Lebron. Just ride the prize horse and make as much sales until the horse gets old.

I say get rid of Pelinka, maybe shop AD and see what pieces you can get. Lebron is ready to get another ring if need be. Its obvious AD doesnt have that same kind of fire. He won one, and he has settled.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 8:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
birdman:

You have 4 hall of famers on the team, one in his prime, one has GOAT like stature (at least he is even in the conversation), and yet you refuse to make any trades because of a draft pick down the road. That was an idiotic move, likely sponsored by Pelinka. The guy has all those snake like qualities, so he knows how to play both the owner and the players. I mean, what drafts pick are you expecting to replicate what you already have?

As much as I don't like Lebron moving around, this is a good reason why. Its YOUR career, and YOU are responsible for a big part of how it turns out. Owners and GMs can ghost you. Fans are fickle. At the end of the day you have to live with YOUR decisions. If Lebron never left Cleveland, perhaps he wins 1, in an off year where the West is weak. They would never have drafted Kyrie because they would win the ECF every year, and the stingy owner would never have found a reason to get the talent around Lebron. Just ride the prize horse and make as much sales until the horse gets old.

I say get rid of Pelinka, maybe shop AD and see what pieces you can get. Lebron is ready to get another ring if need be. Its obvious AD doesnt have that same kind of fire. He won one, and he has settled.
Westbrook is not playing well, Anthony Davis can barely play 1 game without getting Injured. It doesn't look like anything is changing anytime soon, Why should pelinka make the move?

Unless You are trading Davis and Russell at the same time, you are back in the same boat. Is John wall any better? I mean trade their draft pick for a guy that hasn't played in two years? When was the last time wall was a household name in the league? You are looking at the same thing if you trade for wall and Davis isn't taking you anywhere. Trade all three players and rebuild.

John wall, melo, and lebron will get you to the 7th seed and a first round playoff exit. If I was pelinka, I would be giving klutch sport the middle finger everyday

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2022
donlittle25:
Westbrook is not playing well, Anthony Davis can barely play 1 game without getting Injured. It doesn't look like anything is changing anytime soon, Why should pelinka make the move?

Unless You are trading Davis and Russell at the same time, you are back in the same boat. Is John wall any better? I mean trade their draft pick for a guy that hasn't played in two years? When was the last time wall was a household name in the league? You are looking at the same thing if you trade for wall and Davis isn't taking you anywhere. Trade all three players and rebuild.

John wall, melo, and lebron will get you to the 7th seed and a first round playoff exit. If I was pelinka, I would be giving klutch sport the middle finger everyday

You likely remember the often injured Wall playing for the Wizards. Me that Im following Rockets, I know when rehab finished, what the guy was dropping when he played and why he is not currently playing. Wall was shut down on purpose by Rockets this year. As in, dont even come to practice. Dude was averaging 20pt/8assists for Rockets previously. Unfortunately that was the period Harden was throwing tantrum, refusing to be a part of the team. Once Harden left, and we got the top picks, Houston understandably want to give the future play time.

So you can see why Lebron would be pissed. Even if the Lakers dont need his 15-20 points, 10+ assists will put the Lakers way above .500. To make it worse, Pelinka was lying everywhere saying he got buy-in from Lebron and AD. Both essentially called it a lie through their camps.

I think many fans haven't seen Wall play in a long time. The guy is 2 levels of upgrade on WB. Shooting PCT from 3, assists and ball control. All much better than WB. Pelinka messed up!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
donlittle25:
I heard the Lakers only have one pick for the next five years in the first round and klutch sport wants them to use that pick to trade for John wall. Oga

Klutch Sports is one half of the problems the Lakers are enduring. Klutch Sports led by Rich Paul do not necessarily care about the success, especially, long term success of the Lakers. All he cares about is getting his players payed and getting to play in the lime light. As an agent, there is nothing wrong there, afterall, that is what agents do but don't present your case like you care about fans of the Lakers or the organization itself. Since Lebron joined the Lakers, Klutch has gotten nearly half of it's client to play and get paid by the Lakers (AD, THT, KCP, Ben McLemore, Montrezl Harrell, JR Smith and Markieff Morris). As it stands, Klutch is running the Lakers and that needs to stop.

For the first time in his life, Rob Pelinka grew some balls and refused the push to get J. Wall and he is upset? The Lakers have mortgaged their future for some of the worst contracts, all initiated by Klutch and Lebron. If I were the Lakers, I will be okay with the journey man leaving so you can start all over again. This was what Magic Johnson tried to do but Klutch and Lebron refused and what did they do? Traded all their young pieces and picks for 1 mickey mouse ring. I don't know how much value AD still commands in this league. While he is a great player, many team will be wary of touching him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21, 2022
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
donlittle25:
I heard the Lakers only have one pick for the next five years in the first round and klutch sport wants them to use that pick to trade for John wall. Oga
This is what happens when he leaves teams and they say teams can't win without him. How can they win when they are absolutely destroyed and their future mortgaged. How can you have no first round picks till 2027 cheesy shocked

Lakers fans better enjoy their bubble ring cos it's back to the doldrums after that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:19pm On Feb 21, 2022
birdman:

What trade will you have done? Mind you John Wall is also a perma crock that can't shoot and missed two years of basketball. He's not played a single game this season and Houston are paying him to not play. Lol LeNomad must always have a scapegoat sha
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:51pm On Feb 21, 2022
A40:
What trade will you have done? Mind you John Wall is also a perma crock that can't shoot and missed two years of basketball. He's not played a single game this season and Houston are paying him to not play. Lol LeNomad must always have a scapegoat sha

He is not playing because of mgmt decision. Wall shoots better than WB. More assists, less TO. Thinks better on the court. Again, go check the stats. 20pts 8 assists average last year. Lakers and Rockets exchange large contracts of players not working out == Win win win.

Lebron is 37. The heir apparent doesnt want any smoke. It is what it is.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:24am On Feb 22, 2022
I keep hearing this narrative that Lebron trading the young Lakers talent was some how bad. Please does anyone think they would have won with Ingram, lonzo, Kuzma and Josh Hart.
IMHO you are trading consecutive 1st or 2nd round exits for 6-7 years for 1 chip an that is only because of AD's continuous injuries. If the dude could stay healthy for a playoff run, they might still have one shot at it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:25am On Feb 22, 2022
birdman:

He is not playing because of mgmt decision. Wall shoots better than WB. More assists, less TO. Thinks better on the court. Again, go check the stats. 20pts 8 assists average last year. Lakers and Rockets exchange large contracts of players not working out == Win win win.

That deal should have been made.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:38am On Feb 22, 2022
birdman:

It's evident that you're still using Washington eye to look at John Wall.

John Wall last season shot 40% from the floor on 18 shots. Averaged 7 assists and 3.5 turnovers. A 31% 3pt shooter. That is to say him and Westbrook, omo iya kan ni won. You just dey wind yourself if you think Wall is a significant upgrade on Westbrook and that's not even factoring his availability issues

Essentially you would have a scenario where Wall, AD are out and LeNomad would have had to carry the load himself
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:54am On Feb 22, 2022
Khanben:
I keep hearing this narrative that Lebron trading the young Lakers talent was some how bad. Please does anyone think they would have won with Ingram, lonzo, Kuzma and Josh Hart.
IMHO you are trading consecutive 1st or 2nd round exits for 6-7 years for 1 chip an that is only because of AD's continuous injuries. If the dude could stay healthy for a playoff run, they might still have one shot at it
If LeNomad makes everyone better like Bronsexuals swear he does why can't he mentor 4 promising players that would have been primed to shoulder the burden from his neck by now?

You think if not for COVID that allowed AD and LeNomad 3 months of rest they would have won the title?

You're banking on a guy that has already showed you previously that he's good to miss 12-15 games a season. Ok.

Anyway their bed has been laid, now is the time to lie pon it

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:54am On Feb 22, 2022
Coulda woulda shoulda.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tellwhat: 6:56am On Feb 22, 2022
A40:
If LeNomad makes everyone better like Bronsexuals swear he does why can't he mentor 4 promising players that would have been primed to shoulder the burden from his neck by now?

You think if not for COVID that allowed AD and LeNomad 3 months of rest they would have won the title?

You're banking on a guy that has already showed you previously that he's good to miss 12-15 games a season. Ok.

What's with this LeNomad everywhere cheesy. You really dislike this LeBron
Re: The NBA Begins by Tellwhat: 7:01am On Feb 22, 2022
It feels like Brooklyn nets will be the dark horse

Even though they're a top team. Recent injuries and absence of Kyrie diminish their odds a lot. But they fit shock people
They're now well balanced like Milwaukee

Infact Brooklyn nets dey loaded now in all areas with the right pieces. Once patty mills pick form and Joe Harris comes back soon they will be a serious problem. And now they've dragic with about two reliable center and Seth curry. With either or both of Durant or maybe Kyrie. I fancy Brooklyn nets odds
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2022
Tellwhat:

What's with this LeNomad everywhere cheesy. You really dislike this LeBron
But you sef check am is he not a nomad? And yes I'm not a fan. I don't hide it undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by Tellwhat: 9:17am On Feb 22, 2022
A40:
But you sef check am is he not a nomad? And yes I'm not a fan. I don't hide it undecided
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 10:19am On Feb 22, 2022
A40:
It's evident that you're still using Washington eye to look at John Wall.

John Wall last season shot 40% from the floor on 18 shots. Averaged 7 assists and 3.5 turnovers. A 31% 3pt shooter. That is to say him and Westbrook, omo iya kan ni won. You just dey wind yourself if you think Wall is a significant upgrade on Westbrook and that's not even factoring his availability issues

Essentially you would have a scenario where Wall, AD are out and LeNomad would have had to carry the load himself

Healthwise aside, Wall is an upgrade on Russ..
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:34pm On Feb 22, 2022
A40:

No matter how good Lebron his, the Lakers talent was not good enough to win because they drafted the wrong players. What has the promising players done since leaving to show they could have won with them? Nothing, Ingram and Ball seem to also have the injury bug, Kuzma and Hart are just rotation pieces, so what exactly did they lose
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
aliondo:

Healthwise aside, Wall is an upgrade on Russ..
I just rolled out the stats of how he performed the last time we saw him play. Numbers don't lie
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Khanben:

No matter how good Lebron his, the Lakers talent was not good enough to win because they drafted the wrong players. What has the promising players done since leaving to show they could have won with them? Nothing, Ingram and Ball seem to also have the injury bug, Kuzma and Hart are just rotation pieces, so what exactly did they lose
You mean the great Lebron who makes everyone better couldn't improve two lottery picks and Kuzma and Hart? So what goes through people's heads when they spew foolishness about how LeNomad makes others better?

Bear in mind guys like Lonzo and Ingram are just hitting their primes. Anyway I hope the bubble chip was worth it. The Lakers essentially gutted their future for that. 1 year of joy for 10 years of famine

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2022
A40:
You mean the great Lebron who makes everyone better couldn't improve two lottery picks and Kuzma and Hart? So what goes through people's heads when they spew foolishness about how LeNomad makes others better?

Bear in mind guys like Lonzo and Ingram are just hitting their primes. Anyway I hope the bubble chip was worth it. The Lakers essentially gutted their future for that. 1 year of joy for 10 years of famine

Again with the false narrative, lottery picks mean nothing, there are more lottery picks who have fall into the bust, and under achievers bracket than they have been lottery picks who have validated their drafts status. When you sign a 34 as a FA, you either have players who from their first season have shown they are ready to win now or you trade whatever you have to maximize the late prime of your FA. If the Lakers had not made the trade they would not only have not won, but right now they will not even be in contention. Does a team of lebron, Ingram and Ball beat any of the top 4 team in the east of even the suns and GSW as constructed. The answer is an emphatic NO.

PS: They laker have only traded their picks up until 2026.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Bettylionness: 6:03pm On Feb 22, 2022
Yeah this season will be in a grandstyle

But I have a great program to make money as you enjoy the game this season Inverse score prediction system football, the hit rate is as high as 96.38%.
Daily 100% stable income,
Join the team and earn 3%-6% profit every day.
Bet according to the team's predicted match plan, Long-term and stable investment income.

If you want to know more click on my signature and chat me up directly on WhatsApp
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:17pm On Feb 22, 2022
Khanben:

Again with the false narrative, lottery picks mean nothing, there are more lottery picks who have fall into the bust, and under achievers bracket than they have been lottery picks who have validated their drafts status. When you sign a 34 as a FA, you either have players who from their first season have shown they are ready to win now or you trade whatever you have to maximize the late prime of your FA. If the Lakers had not made the trade they would not only have not won, but right now they will not even be in contention. Does a team of lebron, Ingram and Ball beat any of the top 4 team in the east of even the suns and GSW as constructed. The answer is an emphatic NO.

The way people are referring to the Lakers like they're Portland or Charlotte that no free agent would want to go. Lol. If we can't do it via the draft well do it via free agency or trade. AD is with us until 2024. 2025 if he decides to use his player option. We can still get good pieces or a star player if we decide to trade. At the end of next year, which is at the end of LeBron and Russ' contracts, we'd have 80m+ in cap space. I'm sure there'll be a new generation talent that would want to take that money and either play with AD or someone else. Drafts are not the be all and end all.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 10:32pm On Feb 22, 2022
If AD continues with this injury streak you aren't getting much for him o. That guy na plastic legs and hands as it is. You can't build a franchise around him and teams will be wary of his fracture-laden history.

Unless he miraculously gets a miracle.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:52am On Feb 23, 2022
Khanben:

No shit Sherlock. However a lottery pick that has to play with a top 3 to top 5 player of all time surely is less likely than most to be a bust because of the situation they find themselves.

If the Lakers had not made that trade they might not have won but suggesting that a combination of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Lebron, Caruso would not have contended is a sad joke. If not for team chemistry and good coaching wetin make Jordan Poole, Mikal Bridges, Jae Crowder and Cam Payne better than what the Lakers would have had?

Anyway we are seeing the benefits of their maximization.

A fluke bubble chip and 1 first round exit, they will probably need to win two games just to make the playoffs in their 3rd year

3 players consuming over 75% of their cap space for this season and the next. Two of them with 15 seasons or more in the league, the other a perma crock

A bunch of one year rentals that nobody wants

No first round picks till 2027. tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:28am On Feb 23, 2022
A40:
No shit Sherlock. However a lottery pick that has to play with a top 3 to top 5 player of all time surely is less likely than most to be a bust because of the situation they find themselves.

If the Lakers had not made that trade they might not have won but suggesting that a combination of Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, Lebron, Caruso would not have contended is a sad joke. If not for team chemistry and good coaching wetin make Jordan Poole, Mikal Bridges, Jae Crowder and Cam Payne better than what the Lakers would have had?

A fluke bubble chip and 1 first round exit, they will probably need to win two games just to make the playoffs in their 3rd year

3 players consuming over 75% of their cap space for this season and the next. Two of them with 15 seasons or more in the league, the other a perma crock

I don't get how anybody is not seeing it this way. Worse for the Lakers, You have a guy who wants to play with his son in the NBA. So Lakers should mortgage their future more for a guy that will leave to another team to fulfil his desires of playing with bronny.

Abi Lakers wan mortgage everything draft bronny too thats not even top 5 best player in the country right now?

It's obvious Lakers are looking long term

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:01am On Feb 23, 2022
A40:

What has Boston done with all the Nets picks, what has the sixers gotten for all the tanking for the process, the Timberwolves, currently has about 4 lottery picks on their team and they are going nowhere fast. Picks are worth nothing when compared to established talent.
You talk as if the Lakers are not the number one FA destination in the nba as long as they have their house in order.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:04am On Feb 23, 2022
donlittle25:
I don't get how anybody is not seeing it this way. Worse for the Lakers, You have a guy who wants to play with his son in the NBA. So Lakers should mortgage their future more for a guy that will leave to another team to fulfil his desires of playing with bronny.

Abi Lakers wan mortgage everything draft bronny too thats not even top 5 best player in the country right now?

It's obvious Lakers are looking long term

All this Top 100 high school ranking is nothing but rubbish, more often than not the supposed top guys tend to flop and those ranked lower flourish. The league is currently filled with lowly ranked players balling out.
It's like watching the fifa u17, most of the best players at that age never make it

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:07am On Feb 23, 2022
birdman:

You likely remember the often injured Wall playing for the Wizards. Me that Im following Rockets, I know when rehab finished, what the guy was dropping when he played and why he is not currently playing. Wall was shut down on purpose by Rockets this year. As in, dont even come to practice. Dude was averaging 20pt/8assists for Rockets previously. Unfortunately that was the period Harden was throwing tantrum, refusing to be a part of the team. Once Harden left, and we got the top picks, Houston understandably want to give the future play time.

So you can see why Lebron would be pissed. Even if the Lakers dont need his 15-20 points, 10+ assists will put the Lakers way above .500. To make it worse, Pelinka was lying everywhere saying he got buy-in from Lebron and AD. Both essentially called it a lie through their camps.

I think many fans haven't seen Wall play in a long time. The guy is 2 levels of upgrade on WB. Shooting PCT from 3, assists and ball control. All much better than WB. Pelinka messed up!

Is this a MF joke, wall an upgrade to Brodie? grin grin grin bro abeg .
Re: The NBA Begins by joshboo(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2022
A40:
This is what happens when he leaves teams and they say teams can't win without him. How can they win when they are absolutely destroyed and their future mortgaged. How can you have no first round picks till 2027 cheesy shocked

Lakers fans better enjoy their bubble ring cos it's back to the doldrums after that

Big fan of LBJ but he's being ruining things since 1802. Now he wan japa go Cleveland back. grin grin big clown, after running around and mashing teams chemistry up like a panini he wants to be recognised as the goat.. clown

(1) (2) (3) ... (1867) (1868) (1869) (1870) (1871) (1872) (1873) ... (2216) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.