Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,153 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624088 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:20pm On Apr 24, 2022
Roland17:
Ben Simmons is out for game 4 because he felt some discomfort in his back after full workout yesterday.

This has become a joke at this point. NBA owners, over to you! I swear if you guys don't get these players in the next collective bargaining then you may never get another chance.

People really thought that guy was going to play?
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2022
Nuggets-Warriors game going down to the wire!!!!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2022
The amount of physicality the refs are allowing in this game though. Not just this game, this entire playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:28pm On Apr 24, 2022
steady986:
The amount of physicality the refs are allowing in this game though. Not just this game, this entire playoffs.

Im all for it. Im tired of meaningless high scoring games. The Atlanta Hawks are the poster child for chucking 3s and hoping to get lucky. Very annoying play
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2022
Dorris doesn't sound happy after that Barton dagger 3 grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2022
Na wah o. All this hustle na just to avoid sweep cheesy Where was this energy the last few games?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:35pm On Apr 24, 2022
aliondo:

Bulls fan?

Yup, you were here when he was active on this thread.
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
There’s a real chance the Nets are the first team eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow and the only team swept. Definitely did not see this coming
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2022
birdman:

Havent seen that guy in a minute. It was bluemann I was thinking off. Any small win e go dey boast for here grin grin

I always pray he is doing okay where ever he is. Dude used to carry Bulls matter for head like kilode. Me and am dey always enter am that time especially when playoff match the Celtics and the Bulls together.

Also that Lonzo Ball stan! Thank God say Lonzo no play, if not we for no see space for there..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2022
A40:

How do you injure your back when you have not played since nearly a year now? Do you hurt your back from sitting? How did it happen is what I really want to know. Can we ask Maya Jama?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 11:42pm On Apr 24, 2022
Series could be a lil different if Jokic had more of this type off help
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2022
Nuggets nicks it.

How Draymond Green is able to stop Jokic and other guys much bigger than him in this NBA is baffling. Respect.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
DeeMain:
Nuggets nicks it.

How Draymond Green is able to stop Jokic and other guys much bigger than him in this NBA is baffling. Respect.

Did he really stop Jokic though?
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
birdman:
who is our resident bulls fan again sef. Come an collect your bulls abeg. Dem jus lay down like doormat grin
Stupid team. grin

They miss that Ball boy. cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
They said stat of the day

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:56pm On Apr 24, 2022
Khanben:

IMHO, he needs to just remove any doubt that Draymond is slowing him down 1v1, whatever the result.
He needs to take it as a sign of disrespect that the Warriors are sending 1 guy 5 inches shorter to guard him.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:58pm On Apr 24, 2022
felix00:
There’s a real chance the Nets are the first team eliminated from the playoffs tomorrow and the only team swept. Definitely did not see this coming
Shey I warned you.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:01am On Apr 25, 2022
A40:

Mind-body-spirit connection.

That guy has some deep psychological issues going on within that's affecting his lower back and his ability to play.

His mental health challenge(which he complained about) and his recurring lower back injury are interlinked.

Until he gets to the roots of and resolves this dysfunctioning psychology he won't be able to play for the Nets any time soon.
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 12:03am On Apr 25, 2022
Exactly, so more mud. grin
steady986:

Lmao, which mud? There's no mud dirty enough for LeBron.
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:06am On Apr 25, 2022
steady986:

Not stop literally, but how he is able to hamper their play or make them play outside their comfort zone.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:07am On Apr 25, 2022
steady986:

That's my issue with narratives, Jokic scored 35pts and grabbed 18rebounds in game 3 and somehow Draymond was stopping him. It's really baffling when you hear things like this.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 12:29am On Apr 25, 2022
Khanben:

That's my issue with narratives, Jokic scored 35pts and grabbed 18rebounds in game 3 and somehow Draymond was stopping him. It's really baffling when you hear things like this.

MVP will still show why he is MVP bro but
Draymond slowed him down in this series and that's impressive to me. It's like the effect P.J.Tucker has on bigger players defensively, it's praise-worthy.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:30am On Apr 25, 2022
DeeMain:

Mind-body-spirit connection.

That guy has some deep psychological issues going on within that's affecting his lower back and his ability to play.

His mental health challenge(which he complained about) and his recurring lower back injury are interlinked.

Until he gets to the roots of and resolves this dysfunctioning psychology he won't be able to play for the Nets any time soon.

In life it's always good to keep it simple. And when someone shows you who they are you have to believe them.

He's a guy that enjoys the perks of the game but he's not a Hooper at heart. That is just the truth

Players have had meltdowns in the past. Higher rated players to boot. Didn't make them completely shut down like Ben is doing

He doesn't have love for the game. I'm almost sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with his back. He did not push himself to any sort of level that would put any pressure on his back. His track record has been clear from his LSU days.

Timelord had a serious injury but was adamant on returning ASAP. We saw what KD did, even Harden. Even AD. You can't tell me that a guy that hasn't seen no court in 11 months and is dressed to the games like he's fresh out of a rap video is really interested in hooping
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:31am On Apr 25, 2022
This Kyle Lowry injury might open doors for the Hawks to make this series competitive
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2022
Roland17:

How do you injure your back when you have not played since nearly a year now? Do you hurt your back from sitting? How did it happen is what I really want to know. Can we ask Maya Jama?
At 25? Which kin 2 months back pain person dey get at that age. It would explain how soft he is cos he should be breaking her back not the other way round grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:48am On Apr 25, 2022
This young guy annoys me with his dribbling sometimes. like why the makosa dance every minute my guy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:54am On Apr 25, 2022
Anybody notice the obvious but simple adjustment the Hawks carried over from 3?

Well, remember when I said, the Heat are pretty much telling the Hawks anyone else not named Trae Young would have to beat us?

Credit to Nate McMillan for making a very good adjustment to the top of the key. Trae is no longer bringing the ball up, D. Wright/ Bagdanovic have been bringing the ball up the court since the 3rd Q of game 3. This means the Heat can not catch Trae at the top of the key or double him early. It also means Trae through screens, including staggered screens can become free to attack the bucket either by shooting or passing.

They are also playing more minutes with a small lineup of Okongwu/ Wright/ Galo. When they attack 1v1 with this lineup especially without the distraction of the double, the Hawks believe they can force the issue using their size advantage against the Heat who have Herro/ Martin/ Robinson.

The playoffs is all about adjustments, good to see Nate employ this.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:11am On Apr 25, 2022
Has anyone heard about the supposed beef between victor oladipo and jimmy butler?
Re: The NBA Begins by DeeMain(m): 1:15am On Apr 25, 2022
A40:
In life it's always good to keep it simple. And when someone shows you who they are you have to believe them.

He's a guy that enjoys the perks of the game but he's not a Hooper at heart. That is just the truth

Players have had meltdowns in the past. Higher rated players to boot. Didn't make them completely shut down like Ben is doing

He doesn't have love for the game. I'm almost sure there is absolutely nothing wrong with his back. He did not push himself to any sort of level that would put any pressure on his back. His track record has been clear from his LSU days.

Timelord had a serious injury but was adamant on returning ASAP. We saw what KD did, even Harden. Even AD. You can't tell me that a guy that hasn't seen no court in 11 months and is dressed to the games like he's fresh out of a rap video is really interested in hooping

Many non-athletes who have lower back issues did not put pressure on their backs. It just kept recurring.

The aloofness, lack of love for the game, the lack of growth in his game and his fear of taking shots already tells me he has a dodgy psychology. The last season's playoff meltdown and the devastating criticism that followed it may have been too much for his sensitive psychology to carry.

The body can only carry so much mental burden or stress. Unresolved mental stress will show up in the body when it reaches a certain threshold.

Dis-ease becomes disease. Psychology becomes biology.

That's my profiling of what's wrong with the dude.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:21am On Apr 25, 2022
A40:
This Kyle Lowry injury might open doors for the Hawks to make this series competitive
Well maybe not
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:29am On Apr 25, 2022
Chuck, Ernie, Shaq, and Kenny Combination. Man, i will miss it when chuck retires.

Man is a national treasure
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:31am On Apr 25, 2022
DeeMain:

MVP will still show why he is MVP bro but
Draymond slowed him down in this series and that's impressive to me. It's like the effect P.J.Tucker has on bigger players defensively, it's praise-worthy.

I'm not saying Draymond is not doing a great job, but if a player scores 35pts with 18rbs with great efficiency, IMHO that guy even if he is the MVP has done his job.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1904) (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: aliondo and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.