Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,081 members, 7,828,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1908) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1638826 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) ... (2227) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:35am On Apr 25, 2022
Khanben:

I'm not saying Draymond is not doing a great job, but if a player scores 35pts with 18rbs with great efficiency, IMHO that guy even if he is the MVP has done his job.

Not Really Tho, Although i get your point.

Look at it this way, Lets say Draymond Defended you 15 times, and out of those 15 times, you only made 4 shots. Yes you might have had 35pts maybe when dray went to the bench or you were able to get a mismatch, but did you really do a good job against draymond defended you one on one?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:38am On Apr 25, 2022
DeeMain:

Many non-athletes who have lower back issues did not put pressure on their backs. It just kept recurring.

The aloofness, lack of love for the game, the lack of growth in his game and his fear of taking shots already tells me he has a dodgy psychology. The last season's playoff meltdown and the devastating criticism that followed it may have been too much for his sensitive psychology to carry.

The body can only carry so much mental burden or stress. Unresolved mental stress will show up in the body when it reaches a certain threshold.

Dis-ease becomes disease. Psychology becomes biology.

That's my profiling of what's wrong with the dude.
Personally I believe the back thing is a ruse, so it doesn't look like he didn't give it a good ol college try

A 25 year old that just got traded from the team he didn't want to play in did not show me the urgency a guy really wanting to prove himself would show. So this tells me it's not just about Philly.

People have handled worse criticism than him. He has no love for the game. Absolutely none, and I am almost certain there is nothing physically wrong with him. I will not rule out the mental angle too but why is that so? I believe he's a guy that has not been in the Lab. He's not been working on his game, and so he knows if he's put in similar situations he will fail again. You can fool fans on the gram but when it's game time you will have to show and prove. This is where the anxiety is coming from

It's like you want to write an exam when you know you haven't prepared properly, of course you would be stressed
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:47am On Apr 25, 2022
donlittle25:

Not Really Tho, Although i get your point.

Look at it this way, Lets say Draymond Defended you 15 times, and out of those 15 times, you only made 4 shots. Yes you might have had 35pts maybe when dray went to the bench or you were able to get a mismatch, but did you really do a good job against draymond defended you one on one?

Agreed, if your 1v1 percentage is poor then you're not playing to your ability.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:04am On Apr 25, 2022
This one dimensional 3pt spammer is who you said is better and has more tools than Tony Parker. Diarriz God oh grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:08am On Apr 25, 2022
A40:
This one dimensional 3pt spammer is who you said is better and has more tools than Tony Parker. Diarriz God oh grin
na that him dribble for 10 secs they annoy me. Pass ball weyrey
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:12am On Apr 25, 2022
Nate McMillan and Young Oladipo once took Lebron James and Cleveland to a seven game series in Indiana.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:26am On Apr 25, 2022
This is a bad match up for Trae, Nate just had to accept it. Worse still they have the worst shot selection and can’t play defense.

They controlled the game and led with the Okongwu/Hunter/ Wright lineup but he went away from it and reinserted Trae and it has gone downhill from there.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:30am On Apr 25, 2022
wo me i don off game o
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:40am On Apr 25, 2022
donlittle25:
na that him dribble for 10 secs they annoy me. Pass ball weyrey
This chap was averaging 28 and 9 in the regular season. Small physicality baba no know wetin to play again
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:20am On Apr 25, 2022
DeeMain:

Not stop literally, but how he is able to hamper their play or make them play outside their comfort zone.

I agree. Dray is a menace no doubt. But even Dray himself said after game 3, "he (Jokic) got the better of me tonight". But like you said, he make it harder for Jokic.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:27am On Apr 25, 2022
DeeMain:

MVP will still show why he is MVP bro but
Draymond slowed him down in this series and that's impressive to me. It's like the effect P.J.Tucker has on bigger players defensively, it's praise-worthy.

This PJ Tucker wey una dey always call, shebi I don dispute this narrative for here before grin I gave you KD's numbers and that of AD in 2020. The cream of the crop will always eat against smaller players. And most of the time, these smaller players either foul out or are on the brink of fouling out because of their lack of size. Dray fouled out this game, in game 3 he had 5 fouls.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31am On Apr 25, 2022
These Pelicans though..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:46am On Apr 25, 2022
This kid Jones is a problem on defense
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:17am On Apr 25, 2022
Take a bow Willie Green...

Who needs Zion when you have cats that want to put bodies and life on the line.

Big shoutout to B. Ingram.. What a player he has become.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2022
It’s this team zion wants to leave to go to NY?
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
I was watching the highlight of the heats game yesterday.

PJ tucker was guarding Trae, Bam Adebayo switched on him, and Guess what? Jimmy Butler picked him up. All within 24 seconds. shocked grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:07pm On Apr 25, 2022
donlittle25:
I was watching the highlight of the beat game yesterday.

PJ tucker was guarding Trae, Bam Adebayo switched on him, and Guess what? Jimmy Butler picked him up. All within 24 seconds. shocked grin

Na bad match up for Trae on both ends of the court. Nate even tried to hide him on the wings but e no work because the Heat kept moving the ball to wherever he was and Trae can’t guard his own soul worth more another body in front of him.

On offense, they picked him up early and harassed the hell out of him, baba had no answer. As hard as it is to say, the Hawks went on their best scoring run without Trae on the court using that small lineup that made it difficult for the Heat to double or switch because of their size and length.

Na why some of us dey say spamming 3s doesn’t necessarily make you a better player. He doesn’t have a jump shot so that makes it even worse since the driving lanes have been closed.

Long story short, based on Trae’s skills, this na very bad match up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2022
donlittle25:
I was watching the highlight of the heats game yesterday.

In the first 2 games Kyle Lowry joined to make that a quartet. grin grin grin angry grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:18pm On Apr 25, 2022
Khanben:

In the first 2 games Kyle Lowry joined to make that a quartet. grin grin grin angry grin

And that dude is very small. He can't easily pass out of double or triple teams like a big guy like LeBron would.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:44pm On Apr 25, 2022
I really like that the media is not giving Simmons a pass at all. But they are still giving KD a pass
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:11pm On Apr 25, 2022
Khanben:
I really like that the media is not giving Simmons a pass at all. But they are still giving KD a pass

I disagree as this reads more like an Agenda that doesn’t exist but in your mind.

I am not sure which media you are looking at but KD is not getting any pass. He is getting a lot of stick in every news, main stream media show, podcast, radio show across the country.

I think the difference is that he has owned it and it is shocking to many who thought he would have become erratic during post game press conferences. He has been available to the media after every loss and has answered/ owned every thing without passing blame on anyone else or having an attitude. Even on this thread he has not been spared by anyone.

Also, while one player is on the court battling it out to save the season of his team another is choosing to sit out, they are both different.. Heck S. Barnes is playing with a sprained left ankle and could barely move during their last game but he was still there to show his team effort. They are not the same bro.

You can make a case that the media have been too hard on Simmons (which seems to be your position) without necessarily dragging KD into the argument because they are mutually exclusive.
Re: The NBA Begins by ovoP(m): 9:08pm On Apr 25, 2022
DeeMain:
Nuggets nicks it.

How Draymond Green is able to stop Jokic and other guys much bigger than him in this NBA is baffling. Respect.
he gets away with alot of fouls.. he just fouls the he'll of them, poke their eyes..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 11:46pm On Apr 25, 2022
Where the brooms at? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:04am On Apr 26, 2022
Here we go! Lord epp me dis night
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:16am On Apr 26, 2022
The Nets in foul trouble 3 minutes into the quarter. Change of mentality perhaps?
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:20am On Apr 26, 2022
As much as the Celtics are the better team, this game is being poorly refereed. Come on.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 12:23am On Apr 26, 2022
No foul on Jaylen that was given a foul and Kyrie was fouled and they let it play. You cannot allow one team to be physical and the other team cannot even breathe near them.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:34am On Apr 26, 2022
Khanben:
Chuck is not giving KD a pass I'll tell you that. Chuck, Shannon

Anyway anything KD is facing is self inflicted. His hubris and buddy buddy inability to call out his running mate is why he's facing this unneccesary drama. If they get swept he better back the GM so they move Kyrie and Ben (Godspeed with that) and try to get guys who actually want to play. He has limited time left before his prime window slams shut
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2022
Why is Claxton so bad from the FT line?

And Drummond, I told y'all he was unplayable. I seen him with my Lakers grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:41am On Apr 26, 2022
Roland17:

I disagree as this reads more like an Agenda that doesn’t exist but in your mind.

I am not sure which media you are looking at but KD is not getting any pass. He is getting a lot of stick in every news, main stream media show, podcast, radio show across the country.

I think the difference is that he has owned it and it is shocking to many who thought he would have become erratic during post game press conferences. He has been available to the media after every loss and has answered/ owned every thing without passing blame on anyone else or having an attitude. Even on this thread he has not been spared by anyone.

Also, while one player is on the court battling it out to save the season of his team another is choosing to sit out, they are both different.. Heck S. Barnes is playing with a sprained left ankle and could barely move during their last game but he was still there to show his team effort. They are not the same bro.

You can make a case that the media have been too hard on Simmons (which seems to be your position) without necessarily dragging KD into the argument because they are mutually exclusive.
I just remembered that their coach Steve Nash used to lie on the ground each time he needed to rest pretty much majority of his career. Anybody still holding brief for Simmons is a clown at this point. That man don't wanna play ball simple and plain
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 12:44am On Apr 26, 2022
Homecooking now for BKN.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 12:47am On Apr 26, 2022
Team wey pass you pass you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1905) (1906) (1907) (1908) (1909) (1910) (1911) ... (2227) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.