Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1954) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1620669 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) ... (2204) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Make una carry this una nonsense argument to the right section. This place is for the NBA and not fun violence or what not

Na noise una go just dey make here. Nothing go happen

Abeg make una carry una useless noise commot make we for hear word.....

Focus on the reason for this thread abeg

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2022
A40 And donlittle25

Yall oldies na.

Lets do right please
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Oga, in a series where they won 2 games, missing one game and getting injured in a game 6 makes a lot of difference. Especially when you are Klay Thompson.
Whether they were up by two or not is not important, bottom line, they were hot and game 6 Klay was cooking.
Klay was present in 3 of the Warriors losses. Stop pushing the narrative that he was absent for majority of the series. He missed essentially a game and a quarter.

They were hot and Klay was cooking but they were only up 2. 2 friggin points
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mynd44:
A40 And donlittle25

Yall oldies na.

Lets do right please
I no follow for this matter nau. Haba
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2022
Vawulence everywhere! Lots of hidden posts, Wetin happen grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

What you are saying makes no sense, in that you cannot make a team with a championship a dynasty when you have zero titles yourself. Why didn't he make OKÇ a dynasty? He had Westbrook and Ibaka.
No one literally whined about injuries, i only mentioned injuries because you mentioned it first in attempting to make the loss to the raptors about Durant. Who was injured when the warriors knocked out OKC after in the conference finals.
They won 2 games against the raptors without Durant and an unfit Thompson, they could have won 4 if Thompson was fit.
The warriors have already done it without him by winning one before him and going to the finals without him while he got swept. Whether they win Boston or not changes that not.
The argument would always fester but if the win Boston, it's over.
But that is not my bold claim. The Bold claim is that KD would never win another ring... Not with Kyrie at least.
What is this megedefegede you are talking about? KD came to a team with just one title, were coming off a losing finals appearance. Durant came and the team won 2 straight titles and it could have been 3 if Durant didn't get injured. Durant won Finals MVP 2x. Whether you like it or not no amount of KD bad belle will erase the fact that on the Warriors Kevin Durant was the best player. That is what Warriors fans will forever have to deal with.

I don't know why you keep dribbling back to OKC. We already established KD couldn't win there. However Warriors could not establish dominance and dynasty status till they got KD. That is the fact on ground

Stop repeating this Klay Thompson alternative facts. Klay Thompson played 5 games and only missed 1 quarter out of a possible 6 games. He was healthy and available to average almost 40 minutes per game
If they don't beat Boston then it will ultimately prove they would not be a dynasty without Kevin Durant

KD was in the league 9 years and didn't win anything. Predicting he wouldn't win a title after suffering an Achilles tear at over 30 is hardly a bold take
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
Android22:
GSW were not complete the times we lost as well. Both Cavs and Raptors series we played with injuries. Everyone mentions injuries only when GSW is concerned.

Giannis played an injured Nets. Suns played an injured Lakers. Celtics played an injured Bucks and Miami. Like Skrrrrrrr said, KD made us practically unbeatable but we were good for 2 more rings had it been another max level player. Wiggins is proving it now and he is not 1/3 of the player KD is.
Nobody absolutely nobody has benefitted from injuries like Golden State. Who was injured in the Cavs series? Andrew Bogut? LOL. Abeg

They beat the Cavs who were missing Love and Kyrie

Beat the Spurs thanks to Zaza taking Kawhi out with the Spurs blowing out Golden State in Oakland

Beat the Rockets thanks to Chris Paul getting hurt while the Warriors were down 3-2 after Game 5

Several games with key players injured in multiple title runs.

Again the Warriors issue was not getting to the Finals. They did that before Kevin Durant came. This is their 3rd attempt at winning a Finals without him. They have only succeeded once at this. So nothing like they are good for two rings. They absolutely need to win
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 11:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
Mynd44:
A40 And donlittle25

Yall oldies na.

Lets do right please
No vex boss. No vex. A40 no join. Na me.

He no go happen again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2022
A40:
Klay was present in 3 of the Warriors losses. Stop pushing the narrative that he was absent for majority of the series. He missed essentially a game and a quarter.

They were hot and Klay was cooking but they were only up 2. 2 friggin points
Warriors beat Cavs 4-2 in 2015, OKC 4-3 in 2016, Rockets 4-3 in 2018 etc. Warriors usually don't win series 4-0 (that is the point).

Klay was present for 2 of the 3 confirmed losses and at the same time the Raptors had lost 2 games with him playing. So it was 2-2 with Klay and Steph against a raptors that had homecourt in that finals which means they were a solid team. You might say Klay left the game with GSW being 2 pts up but GSW lost that game by 4 without Klay who already had 30. That is how important he was.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 11:23pm On Jun 02, 2022
A40:

Nobody absolutely nobody has benefitted from injuries like Golden State. Who was injured in the Cavs series? Andrew Bogut? LOL. Abeg

They beat the Cavs who were missing Love and Kyrie

Beat the Spurs thanks to Zaza taking Kawhi out with the Spurs blowing out Golden State in Oakland

Beat the Rockets thanks to Chris Paul getting hurt while the Warriors were down 3-2 after Game 5

Several games with key players injured in multiple title runs.

Again the Warriors issue was not getting to the Finals. They did that before Kevin Durant came. This is their 3rd attempt at winning a Finals without him. They have only succeeded once at this. So nothing like they are good for two rings. They absolutely need to win

Will GSW beat Cavs in 2015 without Iggy? So why will anyone laugh if we say we lost that game without him? That is the same way with Bogut playing we were 3-1 up against the Cavs in 2016. There is no special spin anyone can give to it.

That 2015-16 Rockets played GSW without Steph, 2016-17 we beat Portland without KD
2017-18 we beat Spurs first round without Curry
2018-19 we beat the Rockets/Portland without KD
2018-19 we lose to Raptors without KD and Klay

If we are going to nitpick, Cavs played all playoffs without Love and lost game 1 with Kyrie playing. Kawhi 67-15 played against OKC and got beat 4-2 in 2015-16 but somehow will beat the 73-9 warriors with KD playing. How?

If you want to say this is 3rd final without KD that is fine, but you cannot use injuries for Cavs in 2015 and then belittle the warriors injury in 2016.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2022
Android22:
Warriors beat Cavs 4-2 in 2015, OKC 4-3 in 2016, Rockets 4-3 in 2018 etc. Klay was present for 2 of the 3 confirmed losses and at the same time the Raptors had lost 2 games with him playing. So it was 2-2 with Klay and Steph against a raptors that had homecourt in that finals which means they were a solid team. You might say Klay left the game with GSW being 2 pts up but GSW lost that game by 4 without Klay who already had 30. That is how important he was.
Same way Raptors won 4-2. For each Warriors injury I would show you more significant ones on the other team.

The Warriors had no advantage over the Raptors. Klay being there only meant at best they won Game 6 but the game was still in the balance anyway. Klay played 32 mins in that game 6. He was present for 3 losses. Not 2
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Android22:

Will GSW beat Cavs in 2015 without Iggy? So why will anyone laugh if we say we lost that game without him? That is the same way with Bogut playing we were 3-1 up against the Cavs in 2016. There is no special spin anyone can give to it.

That 2015-16 Rockets played GSW without Steph, 2016-17 we beat Portland without KD
2017-18 we beat Spurs first round without Curry
2018-19 we beat the Rockets/Portland without KD
2018-19 we lose to Raptors without KD and Klay

If we are going to nitpick, Cavs played all playoffs without Love and lost game 1 with Kyrie playing. Kawhi 67-15 played against OKC and got beat 4-2 in 2015-16 but somehow will beat the 73-9 warriors with KD playing. How?

If you want to say this is 3rd final without KD that is fine, but you cannot use injuries for Cavs in 2015 and then belittle the warriors injury in 2016.
Yeah you would have missed Bogut's 3 points and 3 rebounds in that series cheesy grin grin

The Rockets were the 8th seed ffs have some shame. Vs Portland KD played 2 of the 4 games. I don't know why you're bragging about beating inferior teams.

KD-Klay and Draymond can't beat Lamarcus Aldridge, Rudy Gay and Ginobili who was like 42??

Stop this without Klay nonsense vs the Raptors. He played in 5 of a possible 6 games.

Cavs beat up inferior teams when Love was hurt but when facing a team of equal quality they were shorthanded while the Warriors were complete. Those are the facts on ground for the 15 season

What does what happened the previous season have to do with the beatdown San Antonio were serving in the Oracle? The Warriors were down by 27 before Zaza took Kawhi out. You want to use the Raptors with Klay missing 1 quarter as an excuse but I can't use Kawhi missing the series?

Rockets were up 3-2 and lost their second or arguably their best player. Can't talk about Klay when CP3 lost 2 full games

No team has caught more breaks than the Warriors against evenly matched competition

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:50am On Jun 03, 2022
Make I just respect myself go chop before game go start if not, na vex I go use go bed. The kain tension wen dey my body since yesterday no be here. Na God go help me..
#Greenrunsdeep
#Celticpride
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:07am On Jun 03, 2022
Steph with 3 fouls
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:09am On Jun 03, 2022
Go Celtics grin
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 3:41am On Jun 03, 2022
JT needs to show up
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 4:12am On Jun 03, 2022
Celtics lead... Yeah... That's what's up
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:18am On Jun 03, 2022
Oro di hmmmm. Oro pe si je oh grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:20am On Jun 03, 2022
felix00:
JT needs to show up

His guys are pulling him along so far. If White and AL keep this up the Celtics might just steal one without Tatum even shooting well. Tatum played well on defense and as a playmaker though
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:22am On Jun 03, 2022
Lord help me, I don die for where I dey.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:24am On Jun 03, 2022
Una go beg Kevin Durant again las las.

Omo. This Celtics na squad mehn. Any other team would have packed it in after that 3rd quarter. The way they methodically cut into the lead those first 2 minutes of the 4th before going into that run

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Danielnino00(m): 4:26am On Jun 03, 2022
WTF happened this quarter? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by smokers: 4:27am On Jun 03, 2022
Celtics really showed guts tonight wow.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:28am On Jun 03, 2022
We got the split in the worst case scenario. Excellent adjustment by Ime in the 2nd and 4th. I thought we always stood a chance despite going down double digits because other than Curry, no one else was consistently giving us problems.

Nothing to see here, it’s only game 1.. On to game 2

#Greenrunsdeep
#Celticpride

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:28am On Jun 03, 2022
One thing about the Celtics through out this playoffs is that they have more guys who can on a day just go for 20+pts. 2 of the Bucks loss came from AL scoring 30 in one game, and Grant scoring 25 in another. If they continue that trend in this finals series, they can go all the way.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:47am On Jun 03, 2022
This man green has 4 points.
Re: The NBA Begins by 5inchdick: 4:50am On Jun 03, 2022
What a game by my Celtics. Tuned in after watching Super Eagles lose to see us trailing by as much as 11 points. I may just watch this finals afterall.
Re: The NBA Begins by Mynd44: 5:34am On Jun 03, 2022
A40:
I no follow for this matter nau. Haba
No vex
Re: The NBA Begins by BykeLaByke: 5:58am On Jun 03, 2022
This sport is deeply rooted in fixing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1951) (1952) (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) ... (2204) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.