Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,608 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637651 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:46am On Jun 06, 2022
etidy:

If I speak on this klay issue, some parties will come for my head.

If the warriors miss out on this title. I think it's fair for steph to question why the warriors were stacking rookies when they are in win now mood.
A varying combo of kuminga, moody, Wiseman, poole or Wiggins could have landed a star player easily even if you want to keep the core 3 intact.
And you don't have to trade all of them, just a couple of them.
The hard part of course is trading for the right player but the warriors didn't even test the market.

I will keep Wiggins sha. If the warriors can get him to take a 20/year contract it will be just perfect
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 10:04am On Jun 06, 2022
etidy:

If I speak on this klay issue, some parties will come for my head.

If the warriors miss out on this title. I think it's fair for steph to question why the warriors were stacking rookies when they are in win now mood.
A varying combo of kuminga, moody, Wiseman, poole or Wiggins could have landed a star player easily even if you want to keep the core 3 intact.
And you don't have to trade all of them, just a couple of them.
The hard part of course is trading for the right player but the warriors didn't even test the market.

Nah brethren, I don't agree with this. Poole and Wiggins havé been phenomenal and the warriors are not gonna be here without them.
What I think Kerr needs to consider is starting Klay off the bench. Let Poole start as the shooting guard.
The thing with Klay is, he can takeover the next game and we'd just forget about his other bad games. And warriors do not lose whenever klay is hot, if Klay gets hot the next two games, away or not, warriors gonna take those games....
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:03am On Jun 06, 2022
Android22:
No, the long story was that while I said we don't know what that game 6 outcome is in his availability (hence, why I don't count it as a W or L), you insist that you do all because you have the confession you want (GSW can't win without KD) and now want to see how you can torture the data to do the confessing for you.
No you're trying to hang the outcome solely on the absence of Klay
but he didn't miss the entire series. He played in 5 of a possible 6 games.

If they won the game it would not be mentioned that he missed the last quarter. Bottomline is he played! This argument is as lazy as claiming the Warriors lost to the Cavs cos Draymond Green was suspended in Game 5 but he played Games 6 and 7 that they lost so what gives?
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 12:44pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Nah brethren, I don't agree with this. Poole and Wiggins havé been phenomenal and the warriors are not gonna be here without them.
What I think Kerr needs to consider is starting Klay off the bench. Let Poole start as the shooting guard.
The thing with Klay is, he can takeover the next game and we'd just forget about his other bad games. And warriors do not lose whenever klay is hot, if Klay gets hot the next two games, away or not, warriors gonna take those games....
I have actually advocated for klay coming off the bench here but on klay matter... I prefer not to speak, make Klay stans no find me come grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Poole's defense is trash
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2022
GSW have a lot more to prove in this NBA finals

That the core can win without KD.

Should they loose, then Draymond Green should shut his mouth up and stop giving KD shit

This is an unpopular opinion among GSW fans but GSW wasn't winning those two additional rings without KD and all fans know it. Even the players know it. It wasn't a fluke that KD was the Finals MVP in the back to back wins. Curry is too inconsistent to be relied on in a finals game and he has showed it time and time again

Now, I'm waiting for GSW fans to come for my head

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
Blueelf:
GSW have a lot more to prove in this NBA finals

That the core can win without KD.

Should they loose, then Draymond Green should shut his mouth up and stop giving KD shit

This is an unpopular opinion among GSW fans but GSW wasn't winning those two additional rings without KD and all fans know it. Even the players know it. It wasn't a fluke that KD was the Finals MVP in the back to back wins. Curry is too inconsistent to be relied on in a finals game and he has showed it time and time again

Now, I'm waiting for GSW fans to come for my head

LOL how are you sure the warriors wasn't going to win at least one of those additional 2 rings.
The cavs needed a meltdown and out of this world all time performances from lebron and kyrie to win the previous year, yet it went down to the wire in game 7.
All while having the human brick aka Harrison Barnes in the lineup and draymond missing a key game 5 + but a hobbled but choking steph
They could have gotten a half decent replacement for Barnes and still be competitive against the cavs.

Abeg let's dead this narrative.

Of course, having durant made sure it went from a 50-50 series to a lopsided one and the warriors benefited massively from his presence.
But let's dead this narrative that it was a slam dunk for the Cavs to win.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 1:48pm On Jun 06, 2022
It's just like the bucks welcoming back khris Middleton and the heat signing a Marque free agent and going on to annihilate the Celtics next season
And then people spamming a narrative that they could never ever have beaten the Celtics without those players meanwhile the preceding years the series between those teams went down to the wire.

Hana now.

Adding a superstar obviously stacks the deck in your favour but make we no forget say, it was already like an even match up previously.
Sometimes the basketball gods just choose who they want to win.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2022
etidy:

LOL how are you sure the warriors wasn't going to win at least one of those additional 2 rings.
The cavs needed a meltdown and out of this world all time performances from lebron and kyrie to win the previous year, yet it went down to the wire in game 7.
All while having the human brick aka Harrison Barnes in the lineup and draymond missing a key game 5 + but a hobbled but choking steph
They could have gotten a half decent replacement for Barnes and still be competitive against the cavs.

Of course, having durant made sure it went from a 50-50 series to a lopsided one and the warriors benefited massively from his presence.

Lol. The people spamming that narrative are clearly being clever by half hence why I don't reply them. Saying LeBron would have 2 extra rings, had Durant not arrived grin grin grin
Makes me wonder whether it was LeBron's shadow that played the 3 games they lost before the meltdown. The warriors were running away with the title, then Draymond got suspended, Steph was hobbled, iguodala got hurt, Bogut got hurt and LeBron played the best Basketball of his career.
They ultimately won but no one could have predicted the outcome of their next matchup, no one knows for sure if the warriors would have won one, both or neither of the next two.
Durant coming simply eliminated any chances the Cavs could have had.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:33pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. The people spamming that narrative are clearly being clever by half hence why I don't reply them. Saying LeBron would have 2 extra rings, had Durant not arrived grin grin grin
Makes me wonder whether it was LeBron's shadow that played the 3 games they lost before the meltdown. The warriors were running away with the title, then Draymond got suspended, Steph was hobbled, iguodala got hurt, Bogut got hurt and LeBron played the best Basketball of his career.
They ultimately won but no one could have predicted the outcome of their next matchup, no one knows for sure if the warriors would have won one, both or neither of the next two.
Durant coming simply eliminated any chances the Cavs could have had.
grin grin na Max Kellerman, Nick Wright them people.
Walayi KD is right to a large extent about the media.
Na Just creating faux personality on cold takes. Objectivity is not welcomed
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 4:05pm On Jun 06, 2022
etidy:

Lebron was better than all GSW starting 5 without durant and you know it

If it wasn't so, why call KD and not any other "decent replacement"

Let's call a spade a spade. Curry chokes in finals and is very inconsistent. Draymond was never going to be able to hold Lebron. He is also an offensive liability

Cavs would've taken both series in my opinion
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 4:46pm On Jun 06, 2022
Blueelf:

Let's call a spade a spade. Curry chokes in finals and is very inconsistent. Draymond was never going to be able to hold Lebron. He is also an offensive liability

Baba I need some of what you're taking cheesy

If the gap wide reach like that why did it take him 7 games and a meltdown to beat the warriors.

Both teams were practically even at full strength. One team just had to win game 7 and it was the cavs, it doesn't mean the warriors couldn't adjust and win in 7 the following year.

Na drinking too much media Kool aid dy cause this Nonsense narrative.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 4:57pm On Jun 06, 2022
A 73 win team who just went to back to back finals, who lost the previous season in 7 and the game went to the last 4 mins won't have stood a 50-50 chance against the cavs the following year grin grin
Remove Harrison Barnes and add 2016 Giannis sef they would still have been formidable.

Of course Kevin Durant took them to another stratosphere but even without durant it wasn't going to be a gimme for Lebron's cavs
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:18pm On Jun 06, 2022
Blueelf:

LMAO... LeBron lost the first encounter with these guys for their first title.
Asides the meltdown, he also needed an otherworldly performance from Kyrie in those 3 games. Kyrie averaged over 30 points in each of those games, including that game ending shot over Steph.
Yet you guys try to make the entire win about LeBron. This is why Kyrie left.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2022
A40:
No you're trying to hang the outcome solely on the absence of Klay
but he didn't miss the entire series. He played in 5 of a possible 6 games.

If they won the game it would not be mentioned that he missed the last quarter. Bottomline is he played! This argument is as lazy as claiming the Warriors lost to the Cavs cos Draymond Green was suspended in Game 5 but he played Games 6 and 7 that they lost so what gives?
lol you are probably replying someone else because the person on this end did not hang any outcome on Klay. I am the one who has been saying you don't know what happens if Klay stays. You are the one saying, whether Klay plays or not as long as KD is not there Warriors lose. Yet there is no evidence for what you are saying and if anything, the scanty evidence supports me. Go back and review the debate, you'll see it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

LMAO... LeBron lost the first encounter with these guys for their first title.
Asides the meltdown, he also needed an otherworldly performance from Kyrie in those 3 games. Kyrie averaged over 30 points in each of those games, including that game ending shot over Steph.
Yet you guys try to make the entire win about LeBron. This is why Kyrie left.
I have made this argument here. A lot of people don't know the power of the media in guiding the takes and perspectives that they have. This idea that Lebron was outplaying everyone in the series is nonsense for instance but the media used it to justify his FMVP that 2016 that they convinced average basketball minds to accept it.

Lebron was trash games 1 and 2. He stayed on in both games to get his ppg up even when Kerr would rest Steph and Klay in the 4Q because GSW had huge leads in those games.

Game 3, Lebron was very good but so was Kyrie. Without BOTH being so good, Cavs don't win.

Game 4, Steph Curry plays both players off the court. Warriors now lead 3-1.

Lebron came alive in the series after game 4. He was excellent in games 5 and 6 and good in game 7. Kyrie was excellent games 5 and 7 and good in 6.

If Kerr cared about Curry averaging big numbers, he would have kept him on in games 1 and 2 when Warriors already led by 20+ in those 2 games.

Revisionism is very bad and misleading.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 7:20pm On Jun 06, 2022
Blueelf:

Your argument in essence is senseless. Let me show you why. LeBron and AD lobbied to get Kawhi on the Lakers when he was leaving Toronto. They will end up winning it all even though Kawhi did not come. What does that tell you?

If whoever they got to fill up the roster still helped them to win without Kawhi will you turn around to ask them why they went for Kawhi knowing they could win without him?

Kawhi would have made them practically unbeatable. Same thing KD did for GSW.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 7:28pm On Jun 06, 2022
Android22:
I have made this argument here. A lot of people don't know the power of the media in guiding the takes and perspectives that they have. This idea that Lebron was outplaying everyone in the series is nonsense for instance but the media used it to justify his FMVP that 2016 that they convinced average basketball minds to accept it.

Lebron was trash games 1 and 2. He stayed on in both games to get his ppg up even when Kerr would rest Steph and Klay in the 4Q because GSW had huge leads in those games.

Game 3, Lebron was very good but so was Kyrie. Without BOTH being so good, Cavs don't win.

Game 4, Steph Curry plays both players off the court. Warriors now lead 3-1.

Lebron came alive in the series after game 4. He was excellent in games 5 and 6 and good in game 7.

If Kerr cared about Curry averaging big numbers, he would have kept him on in games 1 and 2 when Warriors already led by 20+ in those 2 games.

Revisionism is very bad and misleading.

The story of that Finals was thoroughly rewritten in favour of LeBron completely sidelining Kyrie. LeBron averaged 29PPG in that series while Kyrie averaged 27. They got thoroughly walloped the first 2 games, won game 3, lost game 4. Then Draymond got suspended and the rest is history.
Kyrie averaged more PPG than Steph in that series but the media would have us believe LeBron carried a bunch of bums to the finals.
LeBron's team were arguably better on a player by player basis.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

The story of that Finals was thoroughly rewritten in favour of LeBron completely sidelining Kyrie. LeBron averaged 29PPG in that series while Kyrie averaged 27. They got thoroughly walloped the first 2 games, won game 3, lost game 4. Then Draymond got suspended and the rest is history.
Kyrie averaged more PPG than Steph in that series but the media would have us believe LeBron carried a bunch of bums to the finals.
They were and he built it that way. Beginning of 2014-15 season the consensus is Cavs win it all because Lebron is returning to play with Kyrie and Love. The media were wrong because 5th seeded (by prediction) GSW wins it all. That is why they get Iguodala voted FMVP. To make it look like they were not really wrong, injuries just made them wrong.

Following season, Green confesses that GSWs motivation to go 73-9 is fuelled by all the disrespect from the media inspite of Warriors winning it all the previous season. Cavs vs Warriors is 3-1 and the injury excuses of the previous season is going down the drain so they lobby to get Green suspended even though LeBron did step over him when he is on the floor.

Steph is ejected game 6 when Warriors are so close in the 4th Q. The refs report will admit that 3 of the fouls were simply phantom. The NBA is never going to let up on seeing a game 7.

Game 7, Cavs win fair and square but hail Mary 3 from Kyrie and super block by James without which Warriors win because it was such a close game.

Yet someone will tell us how Warriors could never have won Cavs in those 2 years. lol
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

And you are right; that is why Kyrie left.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:24am On Jun 09, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Sidelining Kyrie how? Kyrie has been living off of his performances during that finals series for the past 6 seasons. Since that series, he has done next to nothing in the playoffs, but somehow his name keeps coming up as a playoffs performer or clutch player.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27am On Jun 09, 2022
Ridiculous ball movement by the Celtics

Jaylen Brown taking the fight to Draymond one v one
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:37am On Jun 09, 2022
Could it be that Jaylen Brown is the star of this team all this time and Jayson Tatum has been enjoying light skin privilege? Hmm undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:45am On Jun 09, 2022
Does this Grant Williams do anything else besides racking up fouls? Cause sometimes I dey wonder wetin e dey do for court
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:55am On Jun 09, 2022
Tatum saw my post. Warriors aren't playing any type of defense. One on one, help or transition. It's awful

Loudmouth Draymond 12 minutes. 0-0-0.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:55am On Jun 09, 2022
Search the Chef out on defense and chew him like barbecue chicken..Easy bucket…
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:55am On Jun 09, 2022
They cooking Steph Curry out there cry
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:58am On Jun 09, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. Box score analyst
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:01am On Jun 09, 2022
Oops, here comes the Warriors. Just when we were getting too cocky grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:07am On Jun 09, 2022
Looks like the Celtics weathered the Warriors barrage. Now it's down to their infamous 3rd quarter collapses. Are we going to see another episode?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:11am On Jun 09, 2022
Steph on 3 fouls. Hmm
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:21am On Jun 09, 2022
Before I forget, J. J Reddick is beginning to buy his hype, he needs to shut up!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.