Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,264 members, 7,864,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:07 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1663000 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (2260) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Andrew Maple Jordan Wiggins was so instrumental to this ring. But you guys just followed the media to drink the kool-aid again. Wiggins had a sub-par game (game 2 for e.g) as well but Curry needed only 1 before it became like he [Wiggins] was neck and neck with Curry for this FMVP. Come on guys. Even on here some of you started re-echoing this sentiment.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 5:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
See what Jeremy Lin had to say:

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
KD is like Icarus. And now his wings have been melted off. He will never fly again.

An ingrate. Kept disrespecting the warriors and acting like we were nothing without him. Even when it was clear he NEEDED us and we did not need him. I can't count how many times I made the point here that any max level player would fill in perfectly even if said player was not an all time great like KD is.

You can sustain a lie for only long enough but truth will eventually catch up in time.

I don't want to read any nonsense about KD here in relation to his time with the Warriors. The debate just ended.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
birdman:
This offseason is already rough. We traded Wood for Boban. Haba, that first round pick is useless embarassed

You are entering the season that you assured me your Rockets will be relevant again. I dey watch closely oh!
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hated...Underrated...Underestimated...Denigrated.

Don't forget they voted best player on every Warriors series before it started and it was Jokic, Morant and Doncic and Tatum.

Look at the distance 34-year old Curry gave them.

2019, KD got all the love while the Warriors got hate. They cheered him to his downfall. We were blamed because KD begged to play even though he was not a 100%.

This is by far the best NBA ring of the Curry era. This one means alot. What a way to shut haters up. I am clearly still relishing the moment but fellow Warrior's, we get bragging rights.

Chai, all the nonsense we had to read. Never again. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2022
Android22 is in ether mode grin grin Are you sure you're not Draymond in disguise cheesy

I see say Draymond dy choke everybody even Durant don collect sub from him hand

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 8:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
etidy:
Android22 is in ether mode grin grin Are you sure you're not Draymond in disguise cheesy

I see say Draymond dy choke everybody even Durant don collect sub from him hand
Bro, we cannot let them off so easily na.

Why are the rest of us trying to be civil?

Make we scatter this place jare. grin

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 8:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
How did you let us win a title after 15-50 record and missing the playoffs last season?

How did you let us prove again that Steve was not fluke job? He was not doing a job anyone could do. Come on, see Andrew Wiggins. We have shown this man's worth to the NBA.

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
greypencils:
I hope this effectively ends the debate about the warriors needing Durant in becoming a dynasty. They just needed any effective small forward and good role players. Good times ahead. Poole and Kuminga heating up.

Without KD, they would have split the two championships against the Cavs

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:58pm On Jun 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:
Thoughts....
The Celtics need a real point guard, someone that can actually facilitate an offense, and read the floor. This would make the job a lot easier for Tatum and Brown.
This series was won on Defence, the Boston defence limited the warriors to less then 110 points per game, they scored less than they did against Dallas, Denver and Memphis, the difference however was that the warriors no 2 defence Totally smoked Boston's offence while Bostons No 1 Defence couldn't do much again Curry.... He beat them over and over again.
They never solved Curry even in their wins. The one game they managed to lock up curry, they lost.
Going into the Western conferences finals, Doncic and Tatum were ranked as better players than curry. He owned them both. They aren't there just yet but they could be.
The amazing thing isn't just the win, it's the fact that this warriors Team is not fully Blended. Their core played less than 30 games together. They have a very high ceiling. I expect to see them back here, this time next year....

Lol. Come on man grin. The core of this team had been to 5 finals before this year. Then you add two 17ppg players in Poole and Wiggins. In my opinion they were the most ready team in these playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
birdman:

sometimes the fun is in the ride. I wouldnt feel too bad if I was a celtic. Dem boys played their hearts out every series.

The Lakers priority this offseason should be to try and swap Westbrook for Tatum grin They desperately need a floor general. And they can't win with two no. 2s

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2022
steady986:

Lol. Come on man grin. The core of this team had been to 5 finals before this year. Then you add two 17ppg players in Poole and Wiggins. In my opinion they were the most ready team in these playoffs.

One of them missed two years of Basketball, and could not play in back to back games. The other one missed significant time due to injury, and just when he got back, the last one had his ankle almost amputated by Marcus smart. All of them combined plus wigs and Looney didn't see 20 games together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:07pm On Jun 17, 2022
Android22:
Andrew Maple Jordan Wiggins was so instrumental to this ring. But you guys just followed the media to drink the kool-aid again. Wiggins had a sub-par game (game 2 for e.g) as well but Curry needed only 1 before it became like he [Wiggins] was neck and neck with Curry for this FMVP. Come on guys. Even on here some of you started re-echoing this sentiment.

Wow. How I wish LeBron ever had a third option as good as this cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Give us Paul George and we win those 2 titles in 2016-2018 against the Cavs.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 10:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
steady986:

Wow. How I wish LeBron ever had a third option as good as this cheesy
Too bad LeGM traded him for Kevin Love wink grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

One of them missed two years of Basketball, and could not play in back to back games. The other one missed significant time due to injury, and just when he got back, the last one had his ankle almost amputated by Marcus smart. All of them combined plus wigs and Looney didn't see 20 games together.

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 10:15pm On Jun 17, 2022
The Athletic really said we will be a sub 500 team. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
Let me come in here.@A40, is Steve Kerr any good now? You had some doubts about that man. cheesy grin
Android22:
How did you let us win a title after 15-50 record and missing the playoffs last season?

How did you let us prove again that Steve was not fluke job? He was not doing a job anyone could do. Come on, see Andrew Wiggins. We have shown this man's worth to the NBA.

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 10:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
I don tell you say make you no too dey talk. You still dey chirp for one corner. Is Tatum a floor general? Besides if I was Boston, if you want Tatum, give me Lebron. That's the proper value if i wanted a championship within a year or 2. cheesy grin. But i am not surprised, Like Lebron like fans, always looking to stack the deck. cheesy grin grin
steady986:

The Lakers priority this offseason should be to try and swap Westbrook for Tatum grin They desperately need a floor general. And they can't win with two no. 2s

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:13am On Jun 18, 2022
Android22:
Before I scatter the place, Celtics deserve credit. They are worthy finalists. Unlike many Warrior's fans, I was not offended by the Celtics fans or the toxicity of the TD Gardens.

Marcus Smart etc and their antics was good for the finals. Horford blowing the kiss in game 1. It was all fun. Funny enough the only person I hated about Celtics was our very own Ime Udoka. I never wanted any Nigerian coach to lose so badly in my life like I wanted Ime to lose.

Arrogant, careless with his words and buying his own hype. He was very disrespectful about the warriors before game 1 and I never forgave him for it. Kerr was so intentional about his glowing praise and about how dangerous we all knew the young Celtics would be. But Ime won't give warriors the same credit.

His words when asked about the impending series was that Warriors winning 111-107 at the garden was at a point when the Celtics were still discovering themselves and that by the time they did, they beat the Warriors pretty badly at Chase center.

Not because Smart had Zaza Pachuliad Curry? That Klay and Draymond were on restricted minutes having just come back from long injuries?

Well, he now knows what it is to play the warriors. And yes, Steve Kerr ran circles around him.

What did Ime say. I must have missed it
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:14am On Jun 18, 2022
[quote author=steady986 post=113904310][/quote]

you know its officially offseason when steady starts posting pictures
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:15am On Jun 18, 2022
Roland17:

You are entering the season that you assured me your Rockets will be relevant again. I dey watch closely oh!

Bro, where did I give this assurance. We just need to win like 25 games this year tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:31am On Jun 18, 2022
Android22:

Sorry ohh, but I thought Steph was unanimous FMVP. So I don't understand the kool-aid comment. What Wiggins did was show that he could be the 2nd best player on a championship team. IMHO he was never in the running for the FMVP.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:45am On Jun 18, 2022
Khanben:

Sorry ohh, but I thought Steph was unanimous FMVP. So I don't understand the kool-aid comment. What Wiggins did was show that he could be the 2nd best player on a championship team. IMHO he was never in the running for the FMVP.
I said that Wiggins had one bad game as well but that as soon as Steph had that game 5 the media made it look like him and Wiggins were neck and neck in the Finals MVP - before game 6. I agree that Wiggins was the 2nd best player on the Warriors in the series, but not neck to neck with the number 1. And that some even GSW fans started saying the same thing with the media after game 5 but before game 6.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 2:48am On Jun 18, 2022
birdman:

What did Ime say. I must have missed it
It was the post game conference after beating Miami. They asked him how he was going to prepare for the warriors knowing they will pose a different problem to his Celtics team. Where other coaches will show respect and say things like yea..they have an experienced core and bla bla and how the Celtics will watch film and use their pieces to get the job done etc.

Instead he was yapping about how they are not worried because when they lost 111-107 it was a close game even though his team were still figuring things out and that by the time they had figured things out they beat GSW "pretty badly". I just felt it was disrespectful because Draymond and Kerr were just talking about how long and athletic and everyone can switch and defend 1-5 and how it is expected to be really tough etc.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:33am On Jun 18, 2022
benji93:
I don tell you say make you no too dey talk. You still dey chirp for one corner. Is Tatum a floor general? Besides if I was Boston, if you want Tatum, give me Lebron. That's the proper value if i wanted a championship within a year or 2. cheesy grin. But i am not surprised, Like Lebron like fans, always looking to stack the deck. cheesy grin grin

Smh. The Celtics need a floor general in Westbrook
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 8:40am On Jun 18, 2022
It always amazes me how random YouTube content makers have more objectivity than core NBA media. The American media is bleeped mehn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i__MdWMlVE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
Android22:
I said that Wiggins had one bad game as well but that as soon as Steph had that game 5 the media made it look like him and Wiggins were neck and neck in the Finals MVP - before game 6. I agree that Wiggins was the 2nd best player on the Warriors in the series, but not neck to neck with the number 1. And that some even GSW fans started saying the same thing with the media after game 5 but before game 6.

Okay now I get you. I just don't understand why most people can't appreciate greatness. Maybe it's because I don't support any team and just enjoy basketball, I have never understood the putting down one player, just to elevate the other. That game 5 that people were saying Steph played badly IMHO is an exaggeration, yes he did not score as much, but he had one of his highest assist output in that game and his gravity led to a lot of open looks for Klay and Wiggins.
Hate him or like him Steph now has a legitimate case for top 10 player of all time.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
Khanben:

Okay now I get you. I just don't understand why most people can't appreciate greatness. Maybe it's because I don't support any team and just enjoy basketball, I have never understood the putting down one player, just to elevate the other. That game 5 that people were saying Steph played badly IMHO is an exaggeration, yes he did not score as much, but he had one of his highest assist output in that game and his gravity led to a lot of open looks for Klay and Wiggins.
Hate him or like him Steph now has a legitimate case for top 10 player of all time.

Ironically, you do it the most on this thread, just saying though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
Khanben:

Side effect of the lame stream media drives for ratings. Controversy courts attention which is what the media is all about. True NBA fans appreciate greatness.

I don't think there has ever been any NBA player below 6 ft 5 that has had the influence and dominance of Steph. He's like the antithesis of Shaq.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
Are we still on this letting Lebron play as the default point guard? Besides even with this why not give them Lebron the floor general? cheesy grin
steady986:

Smh. The Celtics need a floor general in Westbrook

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) (1965) ... (2260) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.