Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2022) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629901 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2023
Maynman:
AD is out tonight.

2nd night of a back to back...aka-Load management..

But someone here told us load management doesn't exist in the NBA.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
@A40, come and pay homage to the GOAT as he moves away from the Greatest team in the history of the NFL to rescue the sorry Jets.

I will not tolerate any form of DISRESPECT from you, so be mindful and choose your words carefully! angry
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2023
Roland17:

I agree with most of what you said because he has been injured more than he has been on the court. However, the idea that the best player naturally translates into leadership, while great, is not necessary true. AD has been a leader from his high school day to college but I don't think he wants to lead in the NBA. I feel like he just wants to play basketball and not worry about the other aspects of the game like leadership. I think that mentality stems from being out of so many games it has made him mentally fatigued.

He likes to lay low, thats for sure. Hard to do in LA. Na Ja Morant go fit LA well well
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:51pm On Mar 15, 2023
Roland17:
@A40, come and pay homage to the GOAT as he moves away from the Greatest team in the history of the NFL to rescue the sorry Jets.

I will not tolerate any form of DISRESPECT from you, so be mindful and choose your words carefully! angry
If there's one thing you Rodgers disciples don't lack it's shame.

Pity Aaron Fraudgers is leaving the NFC in ignominy but I give him credit for at least leaving his comfort zone of mediocrity for the sure and imminent disgrace in a tougher AFC conference.

Walking into a conference where you know you're the 5th best QB at best definitely tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2023
Roland17:

K. Usman v L. Edwards, what’s your take?
Hmmm very tough fight to pick. The fact that the altitude will no longer be a factor is certainly an advantage for Leon not necessarily the home support, in fighting home support is more disadvantageous than advantageous

I really can't say who would win, my Nigerian bias leaning towards Usman but has he worked on his submission game, his ground and pound and ability that's my question. Don't just take Leon down and look for control, look for a finish.

On the other hand I've seen Leon in training and his hand speed and striking is superb I worry for Usman because his striking defense is abysmal. He's way too hittable and I won't be shocked if he gets caught again
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
birdman:

And I was glad when they couldnt get him. A team with Lebron/AD needs a deep roster, not another superstar. The Lakers roster would have been depleted to make the trade, and Lakers would have missed even the play ins. How would they have competed vs even the timberwolves?

It always bothers me how tv analysts keep hyping names without looking at fit - its like, do they actually not know what they are talking about, or are they playing dumb to generate ratings.

Like I said earlier, there was no big superstar in he Laker's trade, just pieces that can work under a smart coach.
But your guy is notorious for this big superstar thing nau. He was the one openly pushing for Kyrie.

The analysts are one thing, they're only doing their Jobs for clicks and views. Lebron who is an actual player should know better. I mean the only reason why we are not hearing people call for Pelinka's neck is because so far the trade has worked else we would have been hearing more subliminal shots
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:38am On Mar 16, 2023
A40:
But your guy is notorious for this big superstar thing nau. He was the one openly pushing for Kyrie.

The analysts are one thing, they're only doing their Jobs for clicks and views. Lebron who is an actual player should know better. I mean the only reason why we are not hearing people call for Pelinka's neck is because so far the trade has worked else we would have been hearing more subliminal shots

I didnt hear anything from him openly. I think he likes to play politician, and never says more than he needs to just in case. Everything else is just noise. There is no way he and his crew have forgotten how Kyrie handles the last exit. I dont think Lebron ever wanted Kyrie - but he wasnt going to come out and say so. The one thing he has always insinuated is needing knock down shooters.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:20am On Mar 16, 2023
Once again, we have blown a high double digit lead and now struggling to see off the Timberwolves. Same pattern…
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:38am On Mar 16, 2023
Roland17:
Once again, we have blown a high double digit lead and now struggling to see off the Timberwolves. Same pattern…
What did I tell you about Jayson Tomtom's 3pt spamming?

What happens in the playoffs if the 3 doesn't fall and the refs swallow their whistle

Better pray he shakes off this bad habit of 3pt spamming that hurts your ability to be an all round scorer
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:25pm On Mar 16, 2023
A40:
What did I tell you about Jayson Tomtom's 3pt spamming?

What happens in the playoffs if the 3 doesn't fall and the refs swallow their whistle

Better pray he shakes off this bad habit of 3pt spamming that hurts your ability to be an all round scorer

Tatum is lazy and if he doesn't have a coach that can hold him accountable, you would see that laziness reflect on the court. With his size and length, Tatum could be average 7-10 FT attempts but he doesn't want that contact so he takes the easy way out. It doesn't mean he can't take the ball to the rack but nobody has held him accountable for that. Under Ime, he started out like this until Ime helped him see that he could be a 3 level scorer. JB is the opposite because he wants all the smoke when it comes to contact. While his ability to secure the ball during drives is suspect, he is never afraid of taking it to the rim. This is also the problem with the "shooters shoot" mentality because you are pretty much shooting your team out of victory because those missed shots become TO and possible fast break/ transition buckets against us.

I will say this again, it all boils down to coaching! I have seen enough over the course of this season, especially over the last 2 months to confidently say it is coaching. We blew another 3rd quarter double digit lead and our final possession continue to be horrendous. Mazzula needs to do better with his rotation, timeclock management, final possession play calls and most importantly defense strategy. The rotations we are using against opponents make us bad matchups. I don tire I swear.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
A40:
Hmmm very tough fight to pick. The fact that the altitude will no longer be a factor is certainly an advantage for Leon not necessarily the home support, in fighting home support is more disadvantageous than advantageous

I really can't say who would win, my Nigerian bias leaning towards Usman but has he worked on his submission game, his ground and pound and ability that's my question. Don't just take Leon down and look for control, look for a finish.

On the other hand I've seen Leon in training and his hand speed and striking is superb I worry for Usman because his striking defense is abysmal. He's way too hittable and I won't be shocked if he gets caught again

Come out with your full chest and support Leon you tap dancer tongue

For me, I am going with Usman because he is looking for that revenge badly. The loss to Leon was as a result of his poor defense and overconfidence. Leon studied him pretty well and knew he was susceptible when he docks because he doesn't cover but I believe Usman has enough to get this done. I expect an Usman victory.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
March brings the madness! 13th seed is about to upset 4th seed Virginia. I am not sure what K. Clark was thinking when he threw that ball.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:37am On Mar 17, 2023
Every year, there are great college basketball players who will not make it into the NBA because of their style. Some of those players this season are D. Timmie (Gonzaga), J. Jaques (UCLA) and Z. Edey (Purdue).
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:00pm On Mar 17, 2023
birdman:

I didnt hear anything from him openly. I think he likes to play politician, and never says more than he needs to just in case. Everything else is just noise. There is no way he and his crew have forgotten how Kyrie handles the last exit. I dont think Lebron ever wanted Kyrie - but he wasnt going to come out and say so. The one thing he has always insinuated is needing knock down shooters.
Why are you playing ostrich?

Someone that was openly pushing for Kyrie to be traded for? Are you pretending you didn't see the interview with Wilbon or the tweets?

The only reason we have had relatively calm is because the Lakers have been playing better than expected. If they were struggling we would hear the usual passive aggressive grumbling
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2023
Roland17:

Come out with your full chest and support Leon you tap dancer tongue

For me, I am going with Usman because he is looking for that revenge badly. The loss to Leon was as a result of his poor defense and overconfidence. Leon studied him pretty well and knew he was susceptible when he docks because he doesn't cover but I believe Usman has enough to get this done. I expect an Usman victory.
I'm just being a realist. Usman is Usman. He's a beast and convincingly dominated Leon till he didn't. However even from the Colby and Burns fights he's had some tendencies. He's very hittable and it's clear from the build up to that fight he took his eye off the ball, talking about 205, talking about Canelo all that can affect a fighter

Don't get it twisted. I'm pulling for Usman to win. I hope to see a more focused Usman who's not just winging punches but throwing those jabs and body shots with intent to kill. I didn't see any damage on Leon's face last time. I hope that changes
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:28pm On Mar 17, 2023
This rumor I'm hearing about Andrew Wiggins. Let's hope it's rumor sha
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 3:33pm On Mar 17, 2023
A40:
This rumor I'm hearing about Andrew Wiggins. Let's hope it's rumor sha
What happened
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2023
A40:
Why are you playing ostrich?

Someone that was openly pushing for Kyrie to be traded for? Are you pretending you didn't see the interview with Wilbon or the tweets?

The only reason we have had relatively calm is because the Lakers have been playing better than expected. If they were struggling we would hear the usual passive aggressive grumbling

I didnt see what I didnt see, in any case Im glad that never worked out. Lakers have been getting better for a minute now, and I expected them to be much better by season end. Even westbrook was playing really well. What I didnt expect is for some high fliers to start losing games, giving lakers a chance to make playoffs, not even playins.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:09pm On Mar 17, 2023
Shittaakeem:

What happened

Rumor has it that Andrew's longtime girlfriend cheated on him with his bestfriend, got pregnant, had the baby and all along Andrew thought the daughter (some say both kids are not his) was his.

This is cruel if true! I don't know how he gets over this one.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2023
Kai kai. I hope these rumors are not true and I hate that we have to speculate on people's personals like this but that's why transparency is always good.

There's nothing new under the sun. No be today women begin dey play away match and do paternity fraud

There's talk he might be done for the season so this is pretty serious.
Re: The NBA Begins by Shittaakeem(m): 6:32pm On Mar 17, 2023
Roland17:

Rumor has it that Andrew's longtime girlfriend cheated on him with his bestfriend, got pregnant, had the baby and all along Andrew thought the daughter (some say both kids are not his) was his.

This is cruel if true! I don't know how he gets over this one.
Bleep cry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:05am On Mar 18, 2023
If una blow this lead may Sango have his way!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06am On Mar 18, 2023
There you go Tatum! You have the size and the length, take the ball to the rack and get yourself some easy and1s
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:08am On Mar 18, 2023
These calls for Dame are too soft and pretty much home cooking
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:14am On Mar 18, 2023
JB needs to get better with his 4th Q FT as Dame knocks down another 3
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:19am On Mar 18, 2023
BIG AL is like fine wine….
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:32am On Mar 18, 2023
We get the W..

Consecutive seasons where we may not see Dame in the post season. It’s a shame that such a talented player will miss the playoffs again.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:01am On Mar 18, 2023
Kleberrrrrrrr. You beauty cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Maynman: 6:03am On Mar 18, 2023
Darn Lakers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) (2025) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Honlucas, larride(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.