Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2042) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629188 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:33am On Apr 19, 2023
Birdman he be like say Dallas no make playoffs o? embarassed grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:36am On Apr 19, 2023
Kawhi is playing some nice basketball these playoffs. On both ends of the floor.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:41am On Apr 19, 2023
Before I forget, it was “Quick & Clean”..

On to game 3 in ATL.

#GREENRUNSDEEP
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:44am On Apr 19, 2023
Westbrook is just funny. Takes a pull up jumper and misses. Next play he drives to the basket and also misses grin And the funny thing is none of his teammates touched the ball on both plays
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:15am On Apr 19, 2023
If the Suns are not going to rebound the ball, especially, Ayton who is getting mauled by Zubac, then this thing may be over pretty quick for the Suns.

They are abysmal defensively at the top of the key and can’t stop a lick!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:52am On Apr 19, 2023
The NBA has handed D. Green a 1 game suspension for stomping on Sabonis chest. I figured a decision must be made today if any was going to be made.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:10am On Apr 19, 2023
The Clippers are blitzing the “Slimreaper” with doubles and triples but man is smoking them by finding the open man for the assist. Either way, you are getting smoked!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 5:35am On Apr 19, 2023
Roland17:
The NBA has handed D. Green a 1 game suspension for stomping on Sabonis chest. I figured a decision must be made today if any was going to be made.
I guess this is the final nail on the warriors coffin.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:47am On Apr 19, 2023
Once upon a time in the finals of the most competitive era in the NBA

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:08am On Apr 19, 2023
Interesting

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:32pm On Apr 19, 2023
Deserved suspension for Green. At some point you have to be held accountable for your madness
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2023
Be like the players still know what time it is

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2023
A40:

The kain wailing wen dey happen for Ajala camp since this news break don pass Jordan day 2/3/23. The tears just dey flow! It's been 20 years since the GOAT left the scene but the man is still pressing necks even without asking. I mean look at the gap na...lol.

According to the Athletic, the anonymous players included superstars/ all stars and young players still active in the league.

Here is an excerpt from one of the players

"M.J., for sure. Definitely 6-for-6 (in the Finals) is a big thing for me. But the way I look at basketball is (it's) about the winning, and if I feel like I need (somebody) to go win me a game, I'm picking M.J. over everybody. (I'd pick) whoever is going to carry me through a series, carry me through the playoffs, and is setting the tone. I think M.J. checks all those boxes."

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:59pm On Apr 19, 2023
Roland17:

The kain wailing wen dey happen for Ajala camp since this news break don pass Jordan day 2/3/23. The tears just dey flow! It's been 20 years since the GOAT left the scene but the man is still pressing necks even without asking. I mean look at the gap na...lol.

According to the Athletic, the anonymous players included superstars/ all stars and young players still active in the league.

Here is an excerpt from one of the players

"M.J., for sure. Definitely 6-for-6 (in the Finals) is a big thing for me. But the way I look at basketball is (it's) about the winning, and if I feel like I need (somebody) to go win me a game, I'm picking M.J. over everybody. (I'd pick) whoever is going to carry me through a series, carry me through the playoffs, and is setting the tone. I think M.J. checks all those boxes."
It's a certain reverence and respect he commands that I've not seen in any sport. Even amongst his contemporaries

Look at that Allstar game and how even in Cleveland he got the loudest pop.

Shannon Sharpe who's a notorious Bronsexual you should see how he describes Michael Jordan. Shannon is a 3x Superbowl champ by the way. A HOFer. But I've heard him and other superstars describe this dude with awe that's almost bordering on idolatry

Forget on court achievements. 1 more MVP, 2 more FMVPS, 1 more DPOY, 2 more rings seal that argument. It's the off court greatness that further cements Jordan's GOAT status
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:28pm On Apr 19, 2023
A40:
It's a certain reverence and respect he commands that I've not seen in any sport. Even amongst his contemporaries

Look at that Allstar game and how even in Cleveland he got the loudest pop.

Shannon Sharpe who's a notorious Bronsexual you should see how he describes Michael Jordan. Shannon is a 3x Superbowl champ by the way. A HOFer. But I've heard him and other superstars describe this dude with awe that's almost bordering on idolatry

Forget on court achievements. 1 more MVP, 2 more FMVPS, 1 more DPOY, 2 more rings seal that argument. It's the off court greatness that further cements Jordan's GOAT status

Also, HE NEVER DOES THE TALKING ABOUT HIS GREATNESS! Everybody else does the talking for him unlike wanna be that needs to crown himself and is obsessed about it.

One of my paddy wen be Ajala faithful call me in pains this morning asking if I have seen the poll, he threatened Ajala will score 50 points tonight to revenge! I tell am say we don't care and it will not change anything. I reminded him that it is the same people wen him dey play against dey tell am say Jordan na the GOAT.. baba vex off phone, come text me say make I avoid am until after the weekend grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2023
Roland17:

Also, HE NEVER DOES THE TALKING ABOUT HIS GREATNESS! Everybody else does the talking for him unlike wanna be that needs to crown himself and is obsessed about it.

One of my paddy wen be Ajala faithful call me in pains this morning asking if I have seen the poll, he threatened Ajala will score 50 points tonight to revenge! I tell am say we don't care and it will not change anything. I reminded him that it is the same people wen him dey play against dey tell am say Jordan na the GOAT.. baba vex off phone, come text me say make I avoid am until after the weekend grin grin
He will never get to that level of reverence and acclaim. He knows that's why he can win a title and during the speech still be lamenting about wanting respect

One needs validation from everyone even strangers the other does not care.

It says a lot about how he's perceived that he can have a team of AD and Russell and still be perceived as an underdog to freaking Ja Morant.

Why will you parade a player as the GOAT and still call him underdog against inferior opposition. The math ain't mathing
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
donlittle25:
Birdman he be like say Dallas no make playoffs o? embarassed grin

grin I hear Kyrie aint returning either
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2023
A40:

Out of 100 players, 30 chose Lebron. Ol boy, I will take it. A win in my books
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2023
All this anonymous nba player quotes, might lead to increased animosity amongst teams, and I am loving it grin grin grin.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:53am On Apr 20, 2023
Why are the Grizzlies allowing Dillon Brooks shoot them out of this game.

He shouldn't be taking 7 shots a game never mind 7 shots in half a quarter
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:25am On Apr 20, 2023
Is it just me or do these Grizzlies look better without Ja?

Everything seems a bit more fluid despite Brooks attempts to shoot them out of the game in the first quarter

AD is having a shocker btw
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:35am On Apr 20, 2023
Lol as AD dey block people na so them dey block am back
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:43am On Apr 20, 2023
E be like say we go carry our one win dey go back LA. Because the refereeing has been shocking so far. Shocking. And it doesn't look like it'll change.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:58am On Apr 20, 2023
Lakers turn Xavier Tillman to Michael Jordan. This man is destroying AD ffs
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:02am On Apr 20, 2023
Tillman has to be the oldest looking 24 y.o in history
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:11am On Apr 20, 2023
steady986:
E be like say we go carry our one win dey go back LA. Because the refereeing has been shocking so far. Shocking. And it doesn't look like it'll change.

I wasnt capping when I said this is a nightmare matchup for the Lakers. Some folks wach for names. Others watch the games themselves. They way the Grizz play, if they are clicking, the Lakers cant stop them. The only hope for this game is to hope the young team relents late 3q, try to cut things to 10 points and see what happens in 4q.

The only other team I fear more in terms of matchup is Denver. If Jamaal Murray plays anything like the last time he was healthy, they coming out in the West. Lebron iced him the last time, but that was 4 years ago. Legoat don turn to papa smurf
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:15am On Apr 20, 2023
birdman:

I wasnt capping when I said this is a nightmare matchup for the Lakers. Some folks wach for names. Others watch the games themselves. They way the Grizz play, if they are clicking, the Lakers cant stop them. The only hope for this game is to hope the young team relents late 3q, try to cut things to 10 points and see what happens in 4q.

The only other team I fear more in terms of matchup is Denver. If Jamaal Murray plays anything like the last time he was healthy, they coming out in the West. Lebron iced him the last time, but that was 4 years ago. Legoat don turn to papa smurf

Yea Memphis is for real. There's a reason the Lakers were only a +1 favourite with Ja missing.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:15am On Apr 20, 2023
birdman:

Lmaoo abeg. Say na nightmare matchup. You niggas don't know when to stop capping.

If you lose to the undermanned Grizzlies it will be because you grossly underperformed not this tales by moonlight you're chatting here.

They're missing

Ja
Steven Adams
Brandon Clarke

And blud is still talking about 'nightmare matchup' have some shame abeg grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:23am On Apr 20, 2023
Niggas really looking for alibis for losing to Luke Kennard, John Konchar, Xavier Tillman and David Roddy.

If you don't GTFO with that weak stuff grin

Lakers in 5 at worst 6. No excuses

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by vee22: 2:29am On Apr 20, 2023
A40:
Lmaoo abeg. Say na nightmare matchup. You niggas don't know when to stop capping.

If you lose to the undermanned Grizzlies it will be because you grossly underperformed not this tales by moonlight you're chatting here.

They're missing

Ja
Steven Adams
Brandon Clarke

And blud is still talking about 'nightmare matchup' have some shame abeg grin
The lakers are not that good they're the easiest matchup for anyone except AD put up like 30+ each game
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:35am On Apr 20, 2023
vee22:

The lakers are not that good they're the easiest matchup for anyone except AD put up like 30+ each game
That is the lie you lot sell to each other.

If you say they're underperforming that's an acceptable argument. When you say a team with the best record in the West since the Allstar break is not good I respectfully disagree

(1) (2) (3) ... (2039) (2040) (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.