Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2044) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1643925 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 10:34pm On Apr 20, 2023
A40:
Lmaoo abeg that Draymond suspension is well deserved.

This is not the time to cry about referee. You have thoroughly deserved to lose the first 2 games
There is no denying the fact that GSW as team have been terrible away from home this season but a lot of it came from picking up bad attitudes like giving up due to bad refereeing away from home all regular season long and it has just translated into the playoffs. 2 truths like that can co-exist. The reason I have not tried to analyze the actual game play is because I cannot rightly assess the team in such a situation.

Now that game 3 would have been an opportunity to assess the team, we now get Draymond suspended based on his antecedents. I don't think that is equitable even if people on here think he deserved it. Just like the Lebron issue of 2016, Sabonis provoked Draymond and should have been suspended as well. The less said about Draymond the better though.

I don't have much confidence for the game 3 without Draymond and if the Dubs lose, I'll still put another asterisk on it. However, if the refs overcompensate and/or GSW find a way to win, then GSW will win the series in 7.
Re: The NBA Begins by Ragnall: 10:49pm On Apr 20, 2023
Damn, our most important game since game 4 against Boston in last year’s finals and also without draymond. Lose tonight and we def getting swept. Anything is possible in chase though. #DubNation

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:47pm On Apr 20, 2023
birdman:

He has the skillset. Mindset is another matter
That word skillset gets used a lot without always possessing merit. Spamming 3pt shots in exhibition contests doesn't mean you're more skilled than the KGs and Chris Webber's before you
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:48pm On Apr 20, 2023
Kawhi mehn damn. Something tells me he has debilitating knee condition. I can easily see a scenario where he retires before 35
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:55pm On Apr 20, 2023
Android17:
There is no denying the fact that GSW as team have been terrible away from home this season but a lot of it came from picking up bad attitudes like giving up due to bad refereeing away from home all regular season long and it has just translated into the playoffs. 2 truths like that can co-exist. The reason I have not tried to analyze the actual game play is because I cannot rightly assess the team in such a situation.

Now that game 3 would have been an opportunity to assess the team, we now get Draymond suspended based on his antecedents. I don't think that is equitable even if people on here think he deserved it. Just like the Lebron issue of 2016, Sabonis provoked Draymond and should have been suspended as well. The less said about Draymond the better though.

I don't have much confidence for the game 3 without Draymond and if the Dubs lose, I'll still put another asterisk on it. However, if the refs overcompensate and/or GSW find a way to win, then GSW will win the series in 7.
Lol. You see this life. If you don't admit you have a problem. There's no chance you're gonna be able to solve it

The entire season you beat just 1 team over .500 on the road. Of all defending champions you have arguably top 3 worst record on the road and you're still talking about refs. You mean the referees were against you all 30 something road games you lost?

Ok if that's what helps you cope better have at it.

You have deeper problems with your team chemistry, with your personnel and certain players who have not taken the necessary leap. That's where your attention should be but you rather complain about referee?

Look at Dillon Brooks of all people in similar situation held far worse than Draymond was but showing sense that God gave geese.
https://twitter.com/GrizzBetterBozo/status/1648184675985235971?t=DNKK2K2J709JjY2oPrjy2A&s=19
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 12:04am On Apr 21, 2023
A40:
Kawhi mehn damn. Something tells me he has debilitating knee condition. I can easily see a scenario where he retires before 35

According to Broussard, he was told by insiders that Kawhi isn't missing games when he can play. His knees are gone IMHO, the sad truth is that some people don't just have the body to survive the wear and tear of top level athletics pursuit.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:04am On Apr 21, 2023
Khanben:

According to Broussard, he was told by insiders that Kawhi isn't missing games when he can play. His knees are gone IMHO, the sad truth is that some people don't just have the body to survive the wear and tear of top level athletics pursuit.
I've never been one of those that believed Kawhi load managed just to load manage.

He plays too many minutes in big games to be given that label.

I think he's just managing what's left of his prime but his knees are just not cooperating. Like I said I realistically can see him retiring in the next couple of years
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:11am On Apr 21, 2023
A40:
Lol. You see this life. If you don't admit you have a problem. There's no chance you're gonna be able to solve it

The entire season you beat just 1 team over .500 on the road. Of all defending champions you have arguably top 3 worst record on the road and you're still talking about refs. You mean the referees were against you all 30 something road games you lost?

Ok if that's what helps you cope better have at it.

You have deeper problems with your team chemistry, with your personnel and certain players who have not taken the necessary leap. That's where your attention should be but you rather complain about referee?

Look at Dillon Brooks of all people in similar situation held far worse than Draymond was but showing sense that God gave geese.
https://twitter.com/GrizzBetterBozo/status/1648184675985235971?t=DNKK2K2J709JjY2oPrjy2A&s=19
I didn't say all the away losses are down to refs. I said the players have developed poor attitudes away from home following bad refereeing and it will take another preseason to rectify it.

They give up in games away from home when the refereeing is sketchy and it just translated throughout the season. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, the games vs Kings have been decided by the refs. Takes nothing away from the kings but when 2 teams are almost evenly matched, the ref can be the deciding factor.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:24am On Apr 21, 2023
Harden ejected, too harsh if you ask me but there was intent there and that wasn’t a basketball play. Embiid should have been ejected in the 1st half and I think the refs are trying to compensate for that missed call.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:39am On Apr 21, 2023
If only the Nets have some consistent scoring they would have made this a difficult series because they are doing everything right defending Embiid.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Maxey!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Roland17:
If only the Nets have some consistent scoring they would have made this a difficult series because they are doing everything right defending Embiid.

Or is he just gassed out? The way he is half stepping about...
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:02am On Apr 21, 2023
What a horrible way to lose a game
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:17am On Apr 21, 2023
birdman:

Or is he just gassed out? The way he is half stepping about...

Na, they have been successful defending Embiid throughout this series. Immediately he touches the ball, they blitz him with the double, especially at the top, forcing him to give up the ball. This has Impacted his FGA. The problem is that the Nets are not rotating to the open man after doubling Embiid and the Sixers are punishing them by making the 3 ball.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:21am On Apr 21, 2023
Mike Brown becomes the 1st unanimous coach of the year in the history of the league.

Well deserved sir!
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:23am On Apr 21, 2023
A40:
I've never been one of those that believed Kawhi load managed just to load manage.

He plays too many minutes in big games to be given that label.

I think he's just managing what's left of his prime but his knees are just not cooperating. Like I said I realistically can see him retiring in the next couple of years

Agreed, now I know why he quickly signed that extension without any hullabaloo. That was his last big payday

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:44am On Apr 21, 2023
20 three point attempts in 1st quarter grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:54am On Apr 21, 2023
Congrats to M. Brogdon as he wins 6th Man of the Year.
#Greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:08am On Apr 21, 2023
E be like say na home cooking across the board in this playoffs. Make e no stop when e reach my turn o grin

And why are the Warriors crowd booing Sabonis on every touch of the ball? He wasn't the one who tried to smash someone's ribcage cheesy

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:51am On Apr 21, 2023
Wtf is Klay actually doing?
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:20am On Apr 21, 2023
The warriors are going to even the series at home.
What they do after is up to them because they need atleast one win away.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:40am On Apr 21, 2023
They really waited for Bron to be 38 before they talked trash about him grin

Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 1:05am On Apr 22, 2023
ATL on fire against Celtics at the moment.
They just dey delete their defence like say dem no dey dia.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 1:40am On Apr 22, 2023
Boston coming out strong in the 3rd quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 1:54am On Apr 22, 2023
FBS:
Boston coming out strong in the 3rd quarter.

ATL should most likely take this game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:43am On Apr 22, 2023
Split the games in ATL and finish up in Boston. I expected the Hawks to come out aggressive, else they would have suffered a sweep.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:34am On Apr 22, 2023
The Cavs have no answer for the Knicks penetration offense. The Knicks are making excellent cuts and moving the ball well.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Apr 22, 2023
JB Bickerstaff is solely responsible for this loss. All he needed to do was go small and bench one of Mobley/ Allen or both. Mobley doesn't offer much on offense, especially outside the paint and on defense tonight, Brunson moved their Big players around. The Knicks matchup better with Randle/ Robinson and have better spacing than Mobley/Allen. The guard play by the Cavs has also been disappointing and inconsistent.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:22am On Apr 22, 2023
So the Celtics made 21 threes tonight. They were +18 on points from threes, plus they shot the same amount of FTs as the Hawks and missed just 2 more than them. And they still lost. I'd be worried if I were the Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:59am On Apr 22, 2023
Hmmm. The Nuggets with a healthy MPJ and Jamal Murray are an interesting proposition.

The Suns will be facing a team that can actually match them bucket for bucket
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2023
larride:

ATL should most likely take this game.
And they did. Trae came up with the goods.
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 6:57pm On Apr 22, 2023
The 76ers are bleeding at the moment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2041) (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.