Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,508 members, 7,836,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2049) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1644508 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 3:40am On Apr 25, 2023
chic2pimp:
De'aron Fox is OUT. Yh wrap this series up ASAP.

Isn't confirm yet... So make una chill
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 3:47am On Apr 25, 2023
Lakers cooking this Memphis team
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:49am On Apr 25, 2023
larride:
So Fox is out of game 5 and probably game 6 through injury. It’s goodbye to Kings.
Kobe played with a similar Injury , I am sure fox is going to play through it. Analgesia or a digital block and he's ready to go.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 3:55am On Apr 25, 2023
Honlucas:

Isn't confirm yet... So make una chill
They'll be unwise to let Him suit up. That's His Shooting hand for starters so expect Him to be shooting bricks come game time.

etidy:

Kobe played with a similar Injury , I am sure fox is going to play through it. Analgesia or a digital block and he's ready to go.

And He shot 6-24 or somewhere around that ball park with that injury.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:55am On Apr 25, 2023
No way the Bucks lose this series in Milwaukee, so the future of this series will be decided in game 6 in Miami. Also, the turnaround time for game 5 is too short for Jimmy to recover from the performance he put up today, especially when you consider he played heavy minutes. The other Heat players would have to balance the scoring for the Heat to stand any chance in Milwaukee.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:59am On Apr 25, 2023
AD is not even in Gear 2. Jaren Jackson, Dillon Brooks, Desmond Bane, Xavier Tillman? Lol you cannot be more than what you are.

This is why regular season records and performances should count for shit really
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:22am On Apr 25, 2023
Basketball is 48 minutes actually, in case we forgot.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:56am On Apr 25, 2023
Lool AD. Spud Webb half his size and got more dog in em. Wtf is this

For an elite player he has an unacceptable floor. Michael Jordan at 60 wouldn't have 4 points in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:00am On Apr 25, 2023
While the 'underdog' tag was just another build-up narrative, this series is far from over. If the Grizzlies win this the series would have just begun.
A40:
Lakers and Lebron just toying with these boys.

May God forgive you people that looked at both these teams and called the Lakers the underdogs undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:02am On Apr 25, 2023
But AD, ah.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:03am On Apr 25, 2023
benji93:
While the 'underdog' tag was just another build-up narrative, this series is far from over. If the Grizzlies win this the series would have just begun.
I wouldn't say over. I just have a hard time believing it will go more than 6.

The Lakers are easily the better squad and certain players are punching below their weight while others are punching above it on the Grizzlies
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:03am On Apr 25, 2023
Brooks has 9. Damn. cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:14am On Apr 25, 2023
Interesting game.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:47am On Apr 25, 2023
when lebron takes a charge to stop you from scoring, that is high praise!!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:04am On Apr 25, 2023
LeBron really used what's left of his old man strength first to tie the game and then make two huge buckets in overtime.

Add that game tying shot to his long list of clutch buckets in the playoffs.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:05am On Apr 25, 2023
Roar old man, roar! Cant wait for Skip tomorrow grin

Impressive to see the adjustments Lakers made to negate the Reaves-Bane matchup.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 6:07am On Apr 25, 2023
The bucks have got to fire buddenholzer at this point

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:08am On Apr 25, 2023
A40:
I wouldn't say over. I just have a hard time believing it will go more than 6.

The Lakers are easily the better squad and certain players are punching below their weight while others are punching above it on the Grizzlies

Grizzlies are an energy team. Period.And they are well coached, very few mistakes per game. I think they gassed out in OT, not sure why because they are the younger team.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:18am On Apr 25, 2023
For those of you who have been belittling this Grizzlies team on this forum, can you just stop now? It doesn't speak well of your basketball knowledge. That team is a very good team. That's the 2nd seed we're talking about for heaven's sake. Just stop.

As for the game, I knew Memphis were coming for the Lakers tonight. When we think we've slowed Ja down, Bane pops up. When Rui missed that dunk and Bane made a transition layup, I just put off my TV and was preparing for game 5. But I said let me see what Darvin Ham would cook for the final possession so I put it back on grin Lo and behold, I see LeBron driving to the basket to make the layup. To be fair, LeBron was the last person I thought was going to take that last shot, not with JJJ and Tillman camping in the paint.

Glad we pulled through. Let's get our sh*t together for game 5.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 6:21am On Apr 25, 2023
Heart of a champion. LBJ

Let's see what Game 5 will offer.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:25am On Apr 25, 2023
birdman:
Roar old man, roar! Cant wait for Skip tomorrow grin

Impressive to see the adjustments Lakers made to negate the Reaves-Bane matchup.

That was the most passionate roar I've ever seen LeBron make. It was like all the memories of all his playoff exploits down the years just flashed in his head. I had goosebumps
Re: The NBA Begins by liveLongNprospa(m): 8:06am On Apr 25, 2023
Hohenheim:
The bucks have got to fire buddenholzer at this point

This is how I know they will win the series😁
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 8:10am On Apr 25, 2023
liveLongNprospa:

This is how I know they will win the series😁
They not coming back from 3-1 down. See as jimmy dey yeye dem
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:13am On Apr 25, 2023
birdman:

Grizzlies are an energy team. Period.And they are well coached, very few mistakes per game. I think they gassed out in OT, not sure why because they are the younger team.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. At no point was I watching that game did I think the Lakers were going to lose.

The Grizzlies cannot play more than what they played. Leave this energy talk. Ajura wa lo ijakadi ko.

It took AD having the worst playoff performance of his career and this game still went to overtime
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:23am On Apr 25, 2023
Akpuruka analyst don start again undecided

The Lakers have the better team. That one is sacrosanct and no okrimo analyst can claim otherwise. What do seedings matter? The Bucks had the best record in the league and are on the brink of elimination, nobody is scared of the Nuggets who are the #1 seed and this omugo is talking about regular season

If not cowardice why will you shamelessly try to pretend like the underdogs you aren't. And no one is belittling Memphis bozo. We are saying Memphis do not have enough horses to hang with the Lakers. They just don't. How is this too hard to comprehend?

The Lakers have a wider margin for error. That's why they can still remain in the game with Russell and AD in single digits 7 minutes into the 4th quarter

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:42am On Apr 25, 2023
birdman:

Learn lesson ke? Babes don dey line up... At least avoid another mans food.
E even good say na free agent now. Make e avoid all those Becky's for now face all those our Nigerian girls for Houston. He fit arrange different one everyday sef. Them plenty na him go run
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 9:20am On Apr 25, 2023
birdman:

It will be hard to. They won because they jumped on the Grizz early. But its a home game, so maybe they can pull off a close game 4
And they pulled it off.

Lakers were looking at defeat until the Russell Run with his back to back 3s and then AD's (he was anonymous until that point) block on Ja with 0.8 secs to go.

OT was already a formality when the master of all, LeBron James took over. Those blocks, rejects and putting his 39 year old frame on the line for his team. Talk of experience and craft of the game. LeBron is GOATED!

Special mention to Austin Reaves. He got them through 1st and 2nd quarters.

Lakers still remain the underdogs and hopefully AD will come alive once again.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:35am On Apr 25, 2023
FBS:

And they pulled it off.

Lakers were looking at defeat until the Russell Run with his back to back 3s and then AD's (he was anonymous until that point) block on Ja with 0.8 secs to go.

OT was already a formality when the master of all, LeBron James took over. Those blocks, rejects and putting his 39 year old frame on the line for his team. Talk of experience and craft of the game. LeBron is GOATED!

Special mention to Austin Reaves. He got them through 1st and 2nd quarters.

Lakers still remain the underdogs and hopefully AD will come alive once again.
Lol imagine calling a team with AD and Lebron an underdog. You guys should have some shame please

What type of GOAT the underdog against Ja Morant grin

Pick a struggle
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2023
A40:
Lol imagine calling a team with AD and Lebron an underdog. You guys should have some shame please

What type of GOAT the underdog against Ja Morant grin

Pick a struggle
You know hate when you see one. lol

But then you just emphasised James greatness. LeBron appreciates it.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 11:45am On Apr 25, 2023
Morant saying they are fine in the west and them getting bounced in the first round, gotta be one of the fastest Karma in sports history.
Re: The NBA Begins by bencr7: 11:58am On Apr 25, 2023
Grizzlies are not play-off material,only regular season they Sabi play,old man LeBron show d stubborn Brook,who is d king.
Imagine Lakers with LeBron and AD are under dog to grizzlies, because of mumu regular season they carry second.
Re: The NBA Begins by Maynman: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2023
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.