Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2052) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1628115 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (2209) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:06pm On Apr 26, 2023
birdman:
Many players have tried to copy Lebron, try to be a player/GM and recruit other stars to play with. Only Durant has been disciplined enough to play his part, and no other player has been succesful in getting a ring from it.

Kawhi is a huge flop imo. I cant tell if he is actually injured, or is just really selfish. Im thinking its the latter, because I noticed PG3 too now claimed he was injured and missed the playoffs. The old PG3 would play on one leg come playoff time!

Other players could start doing the same - if you are load managing one guy, what about me? Why should I get injured, risk my career while the highest paid cat on the team does nothing.

On Kawhi, his sister was sentenced to life imprisonment a few days ago, I don’t know if that is playing into his sitting. Just another angu…

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 3:45pm On Apr 26, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
grin grin grin

The funny thing here is that all the LeBron cry babies, talking about hate basically do worse to curry.
Comparing curry to freaking Dame lillard.
Curry doesn't even claim to be the GOAT. Just because he has equal number of rings as LeBron.
Calling LeBron an underdog, against morant.

Most bookmakers and sport analysts , and even in this thread had the Grizzlies favourite. The bad faith is getting too much abeg!

Nobody compare Morant to Lebron, what people compared was a new team with no time to build chemistry and experience together vs a solid proven team and young dedicated players.

Again most sports analysts and bookmakers had Memphis as favourite to win the series !

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:00pm On Apr 26, 2023
Khanben:

So you know that PG13 used to play with one leg, but now that he did not play instead of thinking that his injury is way worse than what he usually plays through, your assumption is that he decided not to play.
As for Kawhi information that was leaked boils down to, his knees are gone, he has an issue on par with what ended Brandon Roy career, yes he is trying to save himself for the playoffs like he did in Toronto, but anyone who knows about any health stuff that is classified as deneragative, know it gets worse over time not better.

PS: The only way I will blame Kawhi is, if he confirmed that his knees are this bad before he signed that extension.

If its as bad as its been rumored, bro it didnt show in the 2 playoff games vs Suns. Brandon Roy fell off a cliff hard. Kawhi on the other hand gave a championship contender all they could handle. It just doesnt seem to tally for someone you say has no knees. Did he look like someone with no knees in Game 1?

On the other hand, we have history. Spurs did come out to say that when their doctors looked at Kawhi, that he was fine enough to play. That angered Kawhi's camp and they demanded a trade. Now maybe the spurs doctors were being dishonest, but given my previous statement on how well he plays, Im thinking Popovich and the SPurs were on to something.

Obviously, Im conjecturing, but what you have are also rumors. I just see more concrete evidence that Kawhi isnt playing because he is seriously injured. He just wants a certain level of risk that he wont go beyond. He is obviously OK with a max contract playinglike 20% of games.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:09pm On Apr 26, 2023
Don't think you guys are being fair to Kawhi. This is not a Ben Simmons situation at all. The guy's body is clearly breaking down on him. That's not even considering this recent development

So let's recap, he had the quad issue, Zaza incident, torn ACL and degenerative knees. It's abundantly clear his body simply can't take the rigors over extended periods for whatever reason. A kinesiologist might be able to explain better

Even for Paul George that was a serious injury, remember this is someone that has broken his leg. We troll AD a lot but there's guys with even worse injury history and he is one of them.

The Clippers have to think long and hard about what they need to do next season
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:12pm On Apr 26, 2023
Afromentalist:

Most bookmakers and sport analysts , and even in this thread had the Grizzlies favourite. The bad faith is getting too much abeg!

Nobody compare Morant to Lebron, what people compared was a new team with no time to build chemistry and experience together vs a solid proven team and young dedicated players.

Again most sports analysts and bookmakers had Memphis as favourite to win the series !

You are right. If Grizz are so bad, how did they get second seed in the stacked west? People are just trying to downplay the Grizz so they can downplay Lebron's success! Haters will always talk, better to let them talk because you are succeeding too much. There are folks that get a good nights sleep any night Lebron plays bad. And they have sleepless nights anytime Lebron does well. You cant change what people like or hate.

22pts 20 rebounds at age 40, takeover of game at last minute, without AD playing well. All the things they like to accuse Lebron of, disproved versus a younger, stronger, more energetic team filled with sharpshooters. A normal person would applaud the old man. But haters do what they do - the applause drives them wild. It is what it is.

Lakers need to stay focused. The Grizz did not become #2 by accident. They are a disciplined team, they have 3 sharpshooters on the floor at any time, they make few mistakes and can run ANY team in the league into the ground. You have to keep them in that half court game, limit fastbreaks, keep Bane from getting hot and make Morant think twice before making a decision to pass or score. Then the Lakers have a chance to keep it close till 4Q, where it is anyone's game.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:18pm On Apr 26, 2023
Roland17:

On Kawhi, his sister was sentenced to life imprisonment a few days ago, I don’t know if that is playing into his sitting. Just another angu…

Who knows, but the official report was knees I believe. Lets not forget said sis robbed and killed an 80yr old woman. Coulda just taken her money and let folk enjoy their grandma. Its not like the sis is bereaved, she has been in jail for some time already. Was he hoping the sister would be given 10 yrs or something?

Maybe I sound harsh, if so someone correct me. But Im just seeing excuses from a max contract player. And other deserving players will have a harder time negotiating if a few players keep this up
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:19pm On Apr 26, 2023
No tetescopher or punter with sense God gave geese will follow what Bookies say regarding sports matchups. They were not built for you to make money they were built for you to lose money.

Easy example. UFC this past weekend. Curtis Blaydes vs Sergei Pavlovich. Curtis Blaydes was the bookie favorite and Pavlovich the underdog but if you had even a clue about fighting. Barbecue chicken. Pavlovich 1st round knockout

Secondly anyone with discernment could have seen that since the Allstar break the Lakers had the best record in the West. This was a surging team. Again only a mugu analyst will not see now what I've been saying since January. How did a team with no time to "build chemistry" rack up that many wins and over a 25 game sample size were the best in the conference undecided

You're merely discrediting your guy by crowning him the underdog vs lesser opponents. Even if phony analysts are parroting such shouldn't you be the ones pushing back? But no. Need to have that excuse in the back pocket in case they failed.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2023
Lool. You people can keep deceiving yourselves like the Grizzlies were a threat. Say na stacked West. When everyone knows the best teams are in the East. Abi no be Nuggets be #1 seed?

Like I said you lot are only contradicting yourselves.

Expecting the Lakers to dispatch the Grizzlies is actually me acknowledging Lebron's greatness. You're the ones guilty of the crime you accuse me of all because you're unsure and cannot stick your neck out for your guy. There's an English word for that. It's called Cowardice

Man's said Grizzlies have 3 sharpshooters undecided
let me guess, Dillon Brooks, Ja Morant, Jaren Jackson grin undecided

Takeover of game at the last minute. What happened to the 9 points D'angelo Russell scored late in the 4th that got the game to a point it could be taken over grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2023
If Lakers play at even 60% level that series ends in 5.

You people need to stop with your phony analysis and breakdown trying to prop the Grizzlies to be what they are not. The two best players on the Lakers, Lebron and AD combined for only 34 points from 117 and the Lakers were still able to win. That is who you're touting as underdog? Shameless grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:49pm On Apr 26, 2023
birdman:

Who knows, but the official report was knees I believe. Lets not forget said sis robbed and killed an 80yr old woman. Coulda just taken her money and let folk enjoy their grandma. Its not like the sis is bereaved, she has been in jail for some time already. Was he hoping the sister would be given 10 yrs or something?

Maybe I sound harsh, if so someone correct me. But Im just seeing excuses from a max contract player. And other deserving players will have a harder time negotiating if a few players keep this up

Kawhi tore the meniscus in his right knee, this injury is real. But I understand your hesitation, it is legitimate when you consider the history of the player involved.

With regards to his sister, personally, you are not sounding harsh, however, we don't know how he would have processed the new information. When a judgement is handed down, it is a different feeling than when you are waiting judgement. Kawhi is difficult to read and something tells me he uses he serious appearance to mask a sensitive part of him.

6 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2023
Why is nobody talking about the fact that Booker has been the best player on that Suns team so far? Is he the best player on that team? cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2023
benji93:
Why is nobody talking about the fact that Booker has been the best player on that Suns team so far? Is he the best player on that team? cheesy grin
That's true. He's been playing out of his mind these playoffs thus far. Definitely playing with a chip on his shoulder

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2023
Roland17:

Kawhi tore the meniscus in his right knee, this injury is real. But I understand your hesitation, it is legitimate when you consider the history of the player involved.

With regards to his sister, personally, you are not sounding harsh, however, we don't know how he would have processed the new information. When a judgement is handed down, it is a different feeling than when you are waiting judgement. Kawhi is difficult to read and something tells me he uses he serious appearance to mask a sensitive part of him.

Yeah, he does seem to have a mask on, so it is always difficult to say exactly what he is thinking. I wish him well tho, I really really like his game and personality. But, ugh, its ugly right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:55pm On Apr 26, 2023
benji93:

Wait till the Durant only fans drag you grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2023
benji93:
Comrade, put off your mic.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:30pm On Apr 26, 2023
birdman:

Wait till the Durant only fans drag you grin

We full ground here. No leave, no transfer! grin grin

#slimreaper
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:52pm On Apr 26, 2023

Clippers star Kawhi Leonard has been diagnosed with a torn meniscus in his right knee, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Leonard averaged 35 points in first two games of this postseason vs. Suns before the meniscus injury was revealed and he was shut down by medical staff.

Well, this sounds ominous
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 12:38am On Apr 27, 2023
Are you guys seeing what's going on in Cleveland
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:21am On Apr 27, 2023
Honlucas:
Are you guys seeing what's going on in Cleveland

JB Bickerstaff is stubborn and is getting punished for his refusal to adapt. They have to win this game else it is over..
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:49am On Apr 27, 2023
You will crumble for being so cheap Mark Cuban. Just see your life for outside
Re: The NBA Begins by jodpoundz(m): 1:55am On Apr 27, 2023
Pls anyone where can i stream nba live match thanks
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:14am On Apr 27, 2023
Lol. Niggas really argued that a team with Xavier Tillman, Dillon Brooks and Jaren Jackson were the favorites against this Lakers squad grin grin

The Grizzlies build a small lead and the Lakers get serious for 3 minutes and cut double digit deficits to one or two possessions. Too easy

And why is Taylor Jenkins letting Dillon Brooks play? This is coaching malpractice at this point. This joker is shooting less than 30% from the field racking up fouls and cannot guard anybody. How are NBA coaches missing what an average Joe Schmo like me can clearly see. This guy is not an NBA level player
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:26am On Apr 27, 2023
Looks like this one is going to game 6 at least
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 2:27am On Apr 27, 2023
I come in here and I'm greeted with this one spewing trash again. When will this end?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:27am On Apr 27, 2023
Took Dillon Brooks out and were able to build up a lead. Who woulda thought??
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:29am On Apr 27, 2023
Wetin dey worry this shithouse? Shey na you get forum
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:32am On Apr 27, 2023
Another playoff series Jalen Brunson has owned Donovan Mitchell. And to think he wasn't even an Allstar
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:35am On Apr 27, 2023
A40:
Another playoff series Jalen Brunson has owned Donovan Mitchell. And to think he wasn't even an Allstar

This was a terrible playoff performance by Mitchell but I will put this squarely on JB Bickerstaff because of his bad rotation and lineups.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:38am On Apr 27, 2023
tough ending for cavs. there goes one of my teams. Giannis, wey you! Lakers obviously did not come to play today
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:38am On Apr 27, 2023
What LeNomad is doing playing these many minutes is admirable but the smart thing to do if the Grizz are still up by more than 15 with 5 minutes to go is to rest him for Game 6

Reaves and Hachimura. These are two guys the Mavericks and Mark Cuban should totally be looking at. Just high IQ players. Would be better to split that Kyrie money to pick up those two
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:40am On Apr 27, 2023
Roland17:

This was a terrible playoff performance by Mitchell but I will put this squarely on JB Bickerstaff because of his bad rotation and lineups.
I'm disappointed by Mobley and Allen as well. They're still young though but considering Randle was a non factor in this series the Cavs really shat the bed.

The series was surprisingly uncompetitive. What an anticlimax
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:42am On Apr 27, 2023
Dillon Brooks is back on the court. Ohh my God. This game is far from over

They swole the lead from 4 to 24 when he sat. He's back and it's down to 15. Goodness

(1) (2) (3) ... (2049) (2050) (2051) (2052) (2053) (2054) (2055) ... (2209) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.