Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1625607 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 8:34am On May 02, 2023
A40:
There is no comeback for the Suns if you ask me. They are skint.

Remember me asking you why nobody is rating Denver this year?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:24pm On May 02, 2023
Afromentalist:

A prediction is just that. A prediction not a prophecy.

The point here is not to debate whether it will turn out as predicted but which team as of now is considered favorite.

Bookmakers consider GSW (defending champion o!) the top team. Sport analysts overwhelmingly predict the same.

Why do you want us to consider your OPINION as supreme with regards to which team is the underdog except you are actually the one with a not so hidden motive to use it as an argument to despise Lebron should the Lakers fail?

I see no lies told!

Question for yall using style to hate. MJ with the Wizards at 38, how far did they go in the playoffs, in the East?

Oh thats right, they didnt even make the playoffs twice, including a 37 win season!! Your GOAT o. But here they are insisting Lebron at 38 must move mountains. Does that not mean he has surpassed your GOAT at 38? According to you o, not me.

Do I want Lebron to win? Yeap. That doesnt mean I am blind to whats on the ground. You think he can play like he did 5-6 years ago for 48 minutes every other night? If he was a guard, like MJ, you could even say smaller body, less wear. Lebron has played more power than finesses his entire career. But nooo, you insist he must defeat father time as well.

Thats why Im not even going to pay attention to the haters anymore. Let them have nightmares every night sef. Im going to enjoy this matchup. Its one for the ages. But I amnot watching this with blinders

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:50pm On May 02, 2023
A40:
Ngl if you guys lose this series I will join Ime Udoka to dance etighi at the Celtics

My advice to any gambler is to avoid the Celtics. As for Ime, I am very happy for my guy, he deserves his gig but I was thinking he would try to coach a competitive team like the Raptors rather than a project like the Rockets. Anyways, he would always have my support because na man him be, I don’t care what others say.
Re: The NBA Begins by Maynman: 12:51pm On May 02, 2023
The Most underrated first seed.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:12pm On May 02, 2023
All season, I have been talking about Mazzulla’s ineptitude when it comes to final minutes game calls and it cost us last night again. The final 2 -3 minutes of last night’s game is a crash course on bad coaching, especially when it comes to player rotation, clock management, play calls and the use of timeouts. How many games have seen the Celtics fail to execute final plays? I have been wailing about this all season!

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:06pm On May 02, 2023
Maynman:
The Most underrated first seed.

underrated by who? The question mark was if Murray could be his pre-injury self. With Gordon and Porter, both who are borderline all stars, Denver is deep and talented. And well coached. Pre-playoffs I though it would come down to a Warriors-Nuggets WCF. Why? None of the young teams has the playoffs experience, and the two older teams that have the experience, Suns and Lakers have not played long enough to gel the same way.

Im still seeing Ham work new rotations for Lakers in the playoffs. And Suns have still not figured out how to maximize Ayton, plus they depleted their bench to acquire Durant. Nuggets and Warriors have been very smart with personnel moves, and they are both clicking at the right time.

Durant is going to have to drop 40+, same for AD to have chance

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:01pm On May 02, 2023
birdman:

underrated by who? The question mark was if Murray could be his pre-injury self. With Gordon and Porter, both who are borderline all stars, Denver is deep and talented. And well coached. Pre-playoffs I though it would come down to a Warriors-Nuggets WCF. Why? None of the young teams has the playoffs experience, and the two older teams that have the experience, Suns and Lakers have not played long enough to gel the same way.

Im still seeing Ham work new rotations for Lakers in the playoffs. And Suns have still not figured out how to maximize Ayton, plus they depleted their bench to acquire Durant. Nuggets and Warriors have been very smart with personnel moves, and they are both clicking at the right time.

Durant is going to have to drop 40+, same for AD to have chance

What is going to make this series harder for Sun is because unlike the Clippers without PG and Kwahi, Durant and Booker can’t outscore Nugget. Imagine if Jamal has just a decent shooting game yesterday and it would’ve been a blowout.

PG13 has to do more same with Ayton and Craig. Their bench does not instill any confidence likewise.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 5:58pm On May 02, 2023
The way everyone is picking GSW to qualify ahead of Lakers .

Hmmmm......

.I don't see it..

Either Lakers 4-2 or 4-3
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 8:38pm On May 02, 2023
Honlucas:

Hmmmm......

.I don't see it..

Either Lakers 4-2 or 4-3

What singular thing do you see that gives the edge to Lakers over warriors. And thank you for your predictions, Ill take the 4-2, thank you grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by darkelf: 8:49pm On May 02, 2023
Honlucas:

Hmmmm......

.I don't see it..

Either Lakers 4-2 or 4-3

Same here bro

Even though I am a GSW fan

The other splash bros have had a bad series

You can't expect Steph to drop 50+ every night

If the other guys on offense don't wake up, then it may be a sweep

Lakers to win 4-2

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:15pm On May 02, 2023
Afromentalist:

A prediction is just that. A prediction not a prophecy.

The point here is not to debate whether it will turn out as predicted but which team as of now is considered favorite.

Bookmakers consider GSW (defending champion o!) the top team. Sport analysts overwhelmingly predict the same.

Why do you want us to consider your OPINION as supreme with regards to which team is the underdog except you are actually the one with a not so hidden motive to use it as an argument to despise Lebron should the Lakers fail?
What is the prediction based on? What metrics? What information was disseminated from that graphic that suggests it was informed or well thought out. That same article has 13 'analysts' picking the Suns over 3 that picked the Nuggets. Tells you all you need to know

I've told you Bookmakers do not factor accuracy when setting their lines. Money sets their lines. Just one or two big money bets on LA their lines will shift quick. Stop being naive

You don't need to consider my opinion. I don't care if you do. All I'm saying and will continue to say is that painting the Lakers as this plucky underdog is phony and pathetic.
In what planet is the 7th seed the underdog to the 6th seed. You guys should have some shame please. They finished 44-38 while Lakers finished 43-39 and beat the Warriors 3-1 H2H. Abeg nau. Shame is free

You want to have your cake and eat it. You would praise Lebron for winning but we can't slander him if he fails? Comot for there with that malaria talk. I'm paying him the ultimate compliment and respect for having high expectations with this loaded team. You're the ones disrespecting him by accepting ready made excuses in case of failure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:18pm On May 02, 2023
larride:

Remember me asking you why nobody is rating Denver this year?
People didn't really know how Murray and Porter were going to shape up to be fair

It's very interesting how Jokic was killed last season for having to battle with Austin Rivers and Facundo Campazzo.

It's clear the Nuggets have been grossly underrated
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:25pm On May 02, 2023
I dont like the way everybody, including the Grizzlies and pouring it on Dillon Brooks. The guy did what you asked of him, as well as he could. Try to get in the other teams head, rough them up and help your team. I feel like the guy is being thrown under the bus. I understand Laker fans or Lebron fans hating on the guy. But the team that you played for also? Nah, that aint right undecided

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10074680-nba-rumors-dillon-brooks-told-he-wont-return-to-grizzlies-under-any-circumstances

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:57pm On May 02, 2023
birdman:

I see no lies told!

Question for yall using style to hate. MJ with the Wizards at 38, how far did they go in the playoffs, in the East?

Oh thats right, they didnt even make the playoffs twice, including a 37 win season!! Your GOAT o. But here they are insisting Lebron at 38 must move mountains. Does that not mean he has surpassed your GOAT at 38? According to you o, not me.

Do I want Lebron to win? Yeap. That doesnt mean I am blind to whats on the ground. You think he can play like he did 5-6 years ago for 48 minutes every other night? If he was a guard, like MJ, you could even say smaller body, less wear. Lebron has played more power than finesses his entire career. But nooo, you insist he must defeat father time as well.

Thats why Im not even going to pay attention to the haters anymore. Let them have nightmares every night sef. Im going to enjoy this matchup. Its one for the ages. But I amnot watching this with blinders
You people are not ashamed one bit. Can you name one or two players in MJ's roster let's compare with those that played with Lebron. We're not even going to get into the fact that Jordan had taken 3 years of basketball and had already completed 2 3peats. See malaria comparison

I've never seen a team have two top 10 caliber players and they're not expected to do anything. Anything at all.

This dude missed the whole playoffs with 3 top 75ers. Had a 33 win season ffs. 33!!

Oh btw Jordan was 39 and 40 when he missed the playoffs. And if there was a play in tournament who knows? Get your facts right

We are not saying he should move mountains. We're saying stop pretending he's some underdog while going against teams that are well inferior or teams they match up well against. Don't be so disrespectful to your goat. Ja Morant and Dillon Brooks are not better than Lebron and AD I'm sorry. My 'hate' no reach that level

They comfortably beat the Grizzlies with Lebron averaging 22ppg. Two of the 4 wins ended in blowouts. So clearly there is no need to move mountains because they have a deep squad

Nightmare that what happened? You jokers are clueless. I predicted this team would be a problem as far back as early January. Not my fault that most of you are too chickenshit to stand on one square. How do you gloat at the haters when you've been playing poosie all season long

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:07pm On May 02, 2023
For a team trying to win Dillon Brooks is a liability you simply cannot afford.

I've been on to this guy since the bubble pandemic. Takes too many low IQ shots, cannot pass, cannot really defend. If this was the series that broke the camel's back it was long overdue because how are they just seeing what I had noticed 4 seasons ago?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:08pm On May 02, 2023
A40:
His first shot was an airball. I've been following Dillon Brooks since the bubble pandemic season. That 24 on his shirt makes him think he's Kobe. He has the worst shot selection in the entire league and I'm not exaggerating.

Whatever they think he offers in defense he will easily offset with his rubbish shot selection. To make the next step he's the first guy Memphis has to trade just like GSW moved Monta and Monta was nowhere as bad as this dude
Lmao exactly my words this time last year. They waited a year too late IMO
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:53pm On May 02, 2023
With Chris Paul's injury we might be looking at a sweep. Chai shey KD for just dey Brooklyn jeje

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 12:09am On May 03, 2023
Deserved?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:12am On May 03, 2023
felix00:
Deserved?
Well deserved. Led the league in scoring again and had come close twice
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:14am On May 03, 2023
This one Jimmy Butler is injured shey the Heat no go bring OG Udonis Haslem come outside.

See real underdog here oh. Missing it's two best players not the fake underdog una dey parade upandan grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:54am On May 03, 2023
A40:
You people are not ashamed one bit. Can you name one or two players in MJ's roster let's compare with those that played with Lebron. We're not even going to get into the fact that Jordan had taken 3 years of basketball and had already completed 2 3peats. See malaria comparison

I've never seen a team have two top 10 caliber players and they're not expected to do anything. Anything at all.

This dude missed the whole playoffs with 3 top 75ers. Had a 33 win season ffs. 33!!

Oh btw Jordan was 39 and 40 when he missed the playoffs. And if there was a play in tournament who knows? Get your facts right

We are not saying he should move mountains. We're saying stop pretending he's some underdog while going against teams that are well inferior or teams they match up well against. Don't be so disrespectful to your goat. Ja Morant and Dillon Brooks are not better than Lebron and AD I'm sorry. My 'hate' no reach that level

They comfortably beat the Grizzlies with Lebron averaging 22ppg. Two of the 4 wins ended in blowouts. So clearly there is no need to move mountains because they have a deep squad

Nightmare that what happened? You jokers are clueless. I predicted this team would be a problem as far back as early January. Not my fault that most of you are too chickenshit to stand on one square. How do you gloat at the haters when you've been playing poosie all season long

na jus game o. oga be calming dan tongue lets enjoy the series
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:55am On May 03, 2023
felix00:
Deserved?

Yes.
Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 2:45am On May 03, 2023
Scott foster is capping mehn. How do you make wrong calls after watching a replay. Mehn these guys want to dash the Knicks a win
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:50am On May 03, 2023
etidy:
Scott foster is capping mehn. How do make wrong calls after watching a replay. Mehn these guys want to dash the Knicks a win

I Dey tell you! That was an obvious offensive foul.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 3:05am On May 03, 2023
Scott foster came to do a hit job against the heat grin grin this guy na Baba weyrey
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:09am On May 03, 2023
As expected, the Grizzlies are moving on from D. Brooks, they have no intentions of resigning him as he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

T. Jenkins and the Grizzlies enabled him in overstating his value and relevance. It took them consecutive seasons of horrible on court performance ls and distractions to realize the obvious.

Someone needs to sit T. Jenkins down and help him understand he has to keep learn to hold his team accountable on and off the court, otherwise, they would achieve nothing.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:44am On May 03, 2023
I don't like Schroder guarding Steph. I need someone bigger.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:54am On May 03, 2023
birdman:

na jus game o. oga be calming dan tongue lets enjoy the series
Maifren gerrout
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:54am On May 03, 2023
This nigga got 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:55am On May 03, 2023
How you got 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:57am On May 03, 2023
Roland17:
As expected, the Grizzlies are moving on from D. Brooks, they have no intentions of resigning him as he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

T. Jenkins and the Grizzlies enabled him in overstating his value and relevance. It took them consecutive seasons of horrible on court performance ls and distractions to realize the obvious.

Someone needs to sit T. Jenkins down and help him understand he has to keep learn to hold his team accountable on and off the court, otherwise, they would achieve nothing.
What perplexes me is how are they just seeing what I saw since 2020. What's now their scout team, Analytics and GM doing that they were not aggressive in moving him away

They could get any hungry guy from BAL the G-League anyone would have been better than Dillon Brooks
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:02am On May 03, 2023
What happened to jordan poole?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2058) (2059) (2060) (2061) (2062) (2063) (2064) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: will007 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.