Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,083 members, 7,814,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1623474 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:40am On May 15, 2023
birdman:

Season long might get him killed. He might just say the f* with this and self destruct. More like half a seasn, with strict monitoring
The way he is moving right now might get him killed either way. He got a slap on the wrist for the first time and not even 2 months later he is doing the same dumb shit, plus his other offenses.

Billion dollar leagues have images to protect and if Ja is determined to make himself a cautionary tale so be it.

He misses a 3rd of a season on average anyway so half season gives him more spare time. If you don't suspend him an entire season then don't suspend him at all. Any punishment that cannot serve as a deterrent is no punishment at all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:10am On May 15, 2023
A40:
The way he is moving right now might get him killed either way. He got a slap on the wrist for the first time and not even 2 months later he is doing the same dumb shit, plus his other offenses.

Billion dollar leagues have images to protect and if Ja is determined to make himself a cautionary tale so be it.

He misses a 3rd of a season on average anyway so half season gives him more spare time. If you don't suspend him an entire season then don't suspend him at all. Any punishment that cannot serve as a deterrent is no punishment at all

Unfortunately I cannot disagree with your logic. The league has a billion dollars to protect. If Ja wants to be a fool, so be it

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:11am On May 15, 2023
felix00:
James harden

And this cat got the nerve to be going to vegas in between games
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:21am On May 15, 2023
birdman:

Season long might get him killed. He might just say the f* with this and self destruct. More like half a seasn, with strict monitoring

Strict monitoring because he is a teenager or what? Baba, the Grizzlies with a good lawyer don’t have to dig too far to cancel that contract. Actions that are detrimental to the organization is an easy one that can terminate that contract amongst others.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23am On May 15, 2023
birdman:

And this cat got the nerve to be going to vegas in between games

He is going home to your Rockets grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:26am On May 15, 2023
A40:
Why did it take near elimination for Mazulla to recognize Timelord and Horford is the starting lineup to go with?

He desperately wanted to separate himself from Ime’s shadow and style until he realized the Boston media have no joy and will come for you!

This team is already setup to win, he just needs to do the simple things and stop getting in the way!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 6:32am On May 15, 2023
A40:
Why did it take near elimination for Mazulla to recognize Timelord and Horford is the starting lineup to go with?

And Embiid. After Perkins used that whole racism angle to get you an MVP. Shey you no go return am back to Jokic?

Can't even say nothing about Harden because that would imply we don't already know who he is.

Doc Rivers. Smh
Blowing 3:1 leads na Doc Rivers specialty.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:49am On May 15, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
Lol.
The warriors were coming back from a game 7.
The Lakers were fully rested. And you guys won by 5 points and won't let us rest. grin angry angry

Like Roland17 says,don’t just win them, break their soul.
The warriors have risen to the challenge..
Game on.

cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:49am On May 15, 2023
Android17:
I told you, after game 1 versus the Celtics I came here to read crapology from people who get emotional about single results. It is a best of 7 not a best of 1.

If regular season games mean nothing they should always mean nothing. You can't decide to rely on them when making predictions in one series but then throw them away in another series.

Especially when 2 of the Warriors regular season losses came without Curry and the last 1 came without Wiggins when Curry had just come back from an injury.

It is finna be a 7 game series and like I said before, I will back the team with home court in that game 7.

cool

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:04am On May 15, 2023
Roland17:

He desperately wanted to separate himself from Ime’s shadow and style until he realized the Boston media have no joy and will come for you!

This team is already setup to win, he just needs to do the simple things and stop getting in the way!
Lol. Stupid. He strikes me as someone with an ego.

Udoka gave him the easiest job in basketball and he wanted to blow it with oversabi. He should thank his stars he ran into the Holy trinity of generational chokers. Rivers-Harden-Embiid

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:11am On May 15, 2023
greypencils:
Blowing 3:1 leads na Doc Rivers specialty.
I don't even know if it's just Doc Rivers alone. When a player's choking is predictable than death you begin to wonder what else can be done. I don't believe even Phil Jackson can win a ring with Joel Embiid and James Harden. Some players if it didn't dey it didn't dey

You knew Embiid would underperform. Last season he was 7/24 in their elimination game. This season the Fugazi MVP shot 5/18 from the field. What self respecting big shoots less than 25% from the field facing elimination. Fraud proving again he can't do nothing without free throws

James Harden aka Brick Ross has been in the league 14 years yet you knew, you just knew! you could literally bet your mortgage he would shoot 3/11 with the season on the line. How can a future HOFer score 9 pts in an elimination game. This joker got outscored by PJ Tucker

The last 3 games do you know Brick Ross did not score a single point in the 4th quarter? There's no coaching that can legislate for such ineptitude if we're being honest.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 11:32am On May 15, 2023
A40:
I don't even know if it's just Doc Rivers alone. When a player's choking is predictable than death you begin to wonder what else can be done. I don't believe even Phil Jackson can win a ring with Joel Embiid and James Harden. Some players if it didn't dey it didn't dey

You knew Embiid would underperform. Last season he was 7/24 in their elimination game. This season the Fugazi MVP shot 5/18 from the field. What self respecting big shoots less than 25% from the field facing elimination. Fraud proving again he can't do nothing without free throws

James Harden aka Brick Ross has been in the league 14 years yet you knew, you just knew! you could literally bet your mortgage he would shoot 3/11 with the season on the line. How can a future HOFer score 9 pts in an elimination game. This joker got outscored by PJ Tucker

The last 3 games do you know Brick Ross did not score a single point in the 4th quarter? There's no coaching that can legislate for such ineptitude if we're being honest.
True but who do you fault? The players for playing trash? The coach for blowing another 3:1 lead or the management for selling Jimmy Butler? Personally, I blame the management. The 76ers team that played against Toronto in the ECSF was setup to win. What separated them from a title I believe was Kawhi's shot at the buzzer. They never should have let him go. He was the engine on that team NOT Embiid but the management was too blind to see it.
Re: The NBA Begins by Madups(m): 1:32pm On May 15, 2023
LOL..Baba, I hope say this your mouth nor go put you inside trouble one day.
A40:
Lol. Stupid. He strikes me as someone with an ego.

Udoka gave him the easiest job in basketball and he wanted to blow it with oversabi. He should thank his stars he ran into the Holy trinity of generational chokers. Rivers-Harden-Embiid
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:03pm On May 15, 2023
I just remembered something, in the bubble season the Lakers where the number 1 seed right. That means they were robbed of the home court advantage to win that title

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:57pm On May 15, 2023
If I'm the warriors, I'm doing away with Draymond. Nothing wey you fit tell me.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 9:09pm On May 15, 2023
SmooshCHN:

Lol. I'm willing to bet everything I have that that ain't happening. He's too valuable to that team.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:54pm On May 15, 2023
The funny thing is that people are saying that steph needed KD to beat Lebron. And ignoring the fact that Lebron needed Kyrie and AD to beat steph....
Like why aren't we seeing the irony?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:08pm On May 15, 2023
Roland17:

He is going home to your Rockets grin

Tuueh, bad market angry Will he be able to play with Jaylen Brown, who we plan on stealing from you guys should you not win a ring this year
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:53pm On May 15, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
The funny thing is that people are saying that steph needed KD to beat Lebron. And ignoring the fact that Lebron needed Kyrie and AD to beat steph....

Kyrie? What has he achieved without Lebron. KD has been a 4 time scoring champion, MVP with Steph. Kyrie has never been top 5 in MVP voting ever.
Re: The NBA Begins by Madups(m): 11:31pm On May 15, 2023
Hope enough ice and cold water don dey ground for chicago cos tomorrow no go funny for plenty people.. Especially this houston front office.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:47pm On May 15, 2023
SmooshCHN:

ugh. all in the name of views
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 12:39am On May 16, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

So where does Klay and Draymond come into the picture?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:47am On May 16, 2023
Madups:
LOL..Baba, I hope say this your mouth nor go put you inside trouble one day.
The thing with trouble is sometimes even if you avoid it it can still find you
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:05am On May 16, 2023
steady986:

So where does Klay and Draymond come into the picture?

Neither Klay nor Draymond have ever been as good as Kyrie and AD. Draymond has never been as good as Kevin love even. Intact the both of them cannot compare to westbrook (Whatever you think of him).
Doubt me, check the list of the Top 75 players in NBA history, Steph has one ex teammate on that list. Lebron has 3 abi na 4sef....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:08am On May 16, 2023
Khanben:

Kyrie? What has he achieved without Lebron. KD has been a 4 time scoring champion, MVP with Steph. Kyrie has never been top 5 in MVP voting ever.

What's my business with what kyrie has achieved without Lebron. He has been an all star every year. You forgot about Davies and Westbrook though.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:13am On May 16, 2023
greypencils:
True but who do you fault? The players for playing trash? The coach for blowing another 3:1 lead or the management for selling Jimmy Butler? Personally, I blame the management. The 76ers team that played against Toronto in the ECSF was setup to win. What separated them from a title I believe was Kawhi's shot at the buzzer. They never should have let him go. He was the engine on that team NOT Embiid but the management was too blind to see it.
That's the problem with sports. Somebody gets too much credit when things go well and also too much blame when things go bad. The way basketball is setup. Coach work cannot Trump work of player. When your 7ft plus center cannot back down a smaller guy and turns to a jump shooter what do you do? When a future HOFer drops 9 pts in Game 7 what can you do? Coach cannot enter floor and make buckets for you nau

And yes the 76ers management did fvck up letting Jimmy Butler go and keeping Tobias Harris, a Tobias Harris was just happy to be there, he's a good player but he's not a difference maker. If it didn't dey it didn't dey.

Jimmy has an edge and most likely would have gotten on Embiid on his conditioning just like Kobe did for Shaq. Would have sussed Ben Simmons out early.

In a team trying to win you can't be besties, you're going to piss each other off from time to time. Butler is the kind of guy that will reveal your core and as a GM let you know if what you have is good enough to compete for a title or not. He did it with Minnesota and quickly you discovered KAT and Wiggins were never going to do anything together.

Likely it would have been the same thing with Philly and you get to quickly find out if you will ever win or even compete with that team or not

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:18am On May 16, 2023
SmooshCHN:
He has a player option so if he picks it up what can you realistically get with an expiring Draymond contract?
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:27am On May 16, 2023
Khanben:
I just remembered something, in the bubble season the Lakers where the number 1 seed right. That means they were robbed of the home court advantage to win that title
Lol. Robbed how? Did they play on the road? It was neutral with no fans. Players strolling from 5 star hotel to court. Nobody was at an advantage or disadvantage so where does the argument of robbed come from?

Maybe they should have just scrapped the season. Cos over the last five seasons. How many #1 seeds have won the title?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:51am On May 16, 2023
Khanben:

He needed Kyrie's elite contributions to beat Golden State. This is really all that counts.

This thing you fans do. When Russell Westbrook and Lebron's support cast are playing nonsense with Bron you blame Russ and the support cast but when they achieve something now you say what did they achieve without Bron. As if he dey play 1 v 5 for court

You guys can't have it both ways. Cos I don't recall an NBA Finals where the second best player on a team averaged 5 more points than the best player on the other team.

We should be asking who else has needed a player averaging 27ppg and a player averaging 25 and 10 to win a Finals series?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Madups(m): 4:22am On May 16, 2023
Classic case of you'll still die whether you say the truth or not.
A40:
The thing with trouble is sometimes even if you avoid it it can still find you
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 11:52am On May 16, 2023
A40:
He has a player option so if he picks it up what can you realistically get with an expiring Draymond contract?
That team done tire me.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:34pm On May 16, 2023
https://twitter.com/LeNooshi/status/1658329476961378304?s=20

James Harden, pls, follow thru, Taiwan dey call

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2084) (2085) (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.