Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1631136 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:30am On Jun 05, 2023
Murray. Bloody hell
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:31am On Jun 05, 2023
Wow
Re: The NBA Begins by Alaadin(m): 3:33am On Jun 05, 2023
Great game
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:33am On Jun 05, 2023
larride:

They are not even attempting any shooting. As if Malone told them not to shoot threes and only drive to the basket.

Murray and Mike are playing as if they are scared.
They have no excuse to play this poorly especially Mike. He's a matchup problem for everyone in the Heat lineup yet kept settling for rubbish 3s.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:33am On Jun 05, 2023
We have ourselves a series people

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:33am On Jun 05, 2023
Why didnt Malone call a timeout for that last play?

Who tf give Porters that has been shooting Bricks the ball with seconds to go?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:34am On Jun 05, 2023
Don't know about y'all but I enjoyed the game. Potter didn't play well. Same with Murray.
Re: The NBA Begins by Maynmann: 3:34am On Jun 05, 2023
Yessir!!!
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:35am On Jun 05, 2023
A40:
They have no excuse to play this poorly especially Mike. He's a matchup problem for everyone in the Heat lineup yet kept settling for rubbish 3s.

Just look at that last attempt.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:35am On Jun 05, 2023
larride:
Why didnt Malone call a timeout for that last play?

Who tf give Porters that has been shooting Bricks the ball with seconds to go?
A Mazulla moment. There was enough time to draw a play.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:35am On Jun 05, 2023
Gordon or Murray should be taking that last shot, not useless Porters
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:36am On Jun 05, 2023
larride:
Gordon or Murray should be taking that last shot, not useless Porters
Murray took the last shot

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:36am On Jun 05, 2023
A40:
A Mazulla moment. There was enough time to draw a play.

Yes. 14 seconds I think. Very head scratching decision.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:36am On Jun 05, 2023
donlittle25:
Murray took the last shot

Nope. Was Porters.
Re: The NBA Begins by Alaadin(m): 3:37am On Jun 05, 2023
larride:

Nope. Was Porters.

Was Murray

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:41am On Jun 05, 2023
larride:

Nope. Was Porters.
It was Murray

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:50am On Jun 05, 2023
The Heat might have uncovered a formula to win here. Make Jokic primarily a scorer.

Overall I just didn't see the Nuggets winning when they started whining to the refs. They had a 6 minute spell where they just completely lost their way. They have to handle adversity much better than that.

The way I see it a loss might have worked in their favor. The hype around them reduces and the Heat are feeling themselves, perfect time to punch them in the mouth.
Re: The NBA Begins by Alaadin(m): 3:56am On Jun 05, 2023
A40:
The Heat might have uncovered a formula to win here. Make Jokic primarily a scorer.

Overall I just didn't see the Nuggets winning when they started whining to the refs. They had a 6 minute spell where they just completely lost their way. They have to handle adversity much better than that.

The way I see it a loss might have worked in their favor. The hype around them reduces and the Heat are feeling themselves, perfect time to punch them in the mouth.

Rookie NBA fan here grin
great point made about the formula MIA unlocked that is Jokic being a primary scorer and shutting him down on the assist level , that's exactly what they did today, however I disagree on the heats feeling themselves , that team grounded as fokkkk, can't predict what till happen in game 3 cause of the home advantage of MIA , while players like Murray and porter would need to step up cause they had a meh game. Game 3 would be exciting to watch. May the team that needs it the most win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:59am On Jun 05, 2023
They say a series never really starts until someone wins on the road cheesy Lets see how Denver responds. This was a massive win for Miami. This is Denver's first loss at home this postseason. They've been a force there, leveraging on that altitude and crowd. Great game from Jokic scoring wise. But those assist numbers didn't stack up. Just 4, as opposed to Murray's 10. That right there is probably the reason they lost this game.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:10am On Jun 05, 2023
By the way, after tonight's game, Jokic joins LeBron and Larry Bird as the only players with 500 points, 200 rebounds and 150 assists in a single post-season. Elite company

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Alaadin:

Rookie NBA fan here grin
great point made about the formula MIA unlocked that is Jokic being a primary scorer and shutting him down on the assist level , that's exactly what they did today, however I disagree on the heats feeling themselves , that team grounded as fokkkk, can't predict what till happen in game 3 cause of the home advantage of MIA , while players like Murray and porter would need to step up cause they had a meh game. Game 3 would be exciting to watch. May the team that needs it the most win.
Basketball is a very interesting sport. People focus on the beginnings of games and the 4th quarter but the start of the second half is also very critical arguably the most critical because with the Heat down 6 at half time a good start by Denver would have blown the game open in the 3rd quarter instead the Heat hung around and suddenly the 4th quarter they couldn't miss

There's this misconception that home advantage helps teams in sports. I'd almost argue it's the opposite. All that crowd noise does is distract and make you lose focus. That's why the Nuggets kept making silly and unforced turnovers and were doing a lot of complaining.

Murray and the Nuggets can watch and learn from Golden State last year how they played Game 4 and Game 6. There's an underrated focus that comes with being on the road. If you have been following the sport for a long time you will know it

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
A40:

There's this misconception that home advantage helps teams in sports. I'd almost argue it's the opposite. All that crowd noise does is distract and make you lose focus. That's why the Nuggets kept making silly and unforced turnovers and were doing a lot of complaining.

Murray and the Nuggets can watch and learn from Golden State last year how they played Game 4 and Game 6. There's an underrated focus that comes with being on the road. If you have been following the sport for a long time you will know it

It’s not a misconception. Most sport teams do better at home than away cus they are more comfortable on their home turf . It’s been proved that role players in bball play better at home. Even though basketball is a game of very little margins, the nuggets you mentioned have the biggest disparity of any NBA team in terms of home and away wins. Tell me, is that not home advantage?
As for the noises you mentioned, keep in mind it’s not only the nuggets who hear these noises so why would it be only them it distracts? Those noises are meant to cheer them on and throw off the opposition which is the opposite of what you were implying.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:57am On Jun 06, 2023
Jimmy making sure his team doesn’t get swept. Acting like a certain Steph. See if your goat can relate.

grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 2:04am On Jun 06, 2023
Meanwhile, someone was supposedly helping Steph get rings but then got no rings [on his own] sounds like he needed Steph.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:42am On Jun 06, 2023
Immaculate skating by the Knights and a high power offense. Every line out there is just as dangerous. The Panthers can’t afford to make this series a high scoring series because they can’t match the Knight’s offense.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
Kibbs:

It’s not a misconception. Most sport teams do better at home than away cus they are more comfortable on their home turf . It’s been proved that role players in bball play better at home. Even though basketball is a game of very little margins, the nuggets you mentioned have the biggest disparity of any NBA team in terms of home and away wins. Tell me, is that not home advantage?
As for the noises you mentioned, keep in mind it’s not only the nuggets who hear these noises so why would it be only them it distracts? Those noises are meant to cheer them on and throw off the opposition which is the opposite of what you were implying.
Ok maybe I used absolute terms. What I mean is that too much can sometimes be made of Home advantage that it becomes an impediment. When two equally matched teams play home is not necessarily an advantage in fact we have several examples (France Euro 2016, Brazil 1950, 2014, England Euro 96, Euro 2020, Bayern 2012, Spurs Game 7 2006, Golden State 2016, Boston Game 7 this year, Boston 2016 Game 6, Denver Game 7 2019) that being at home does not guarantee anything

Denver's advantage is still primarily geographical and hasn't stopped them from getting beat when they met their match or superior.

Noises are a gift and a curse. If you don't have it on a given night no amount of noise will make you have it. No amount of cheering will help MPJ get back to close down a 3pt shooter, no amount of noise would mess with Duncan Robinson or Gabe Vincent to knock them off their 3pt rhythm. These are professional athletes. There's a reason championship caliber teams like to go on the road
Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
A40:
Ok maybe I used absolute terms. What I mean is that too much can sometimes be made of Home advantage that it becomes an impediment. When two equally matched teams play home is not necessarily an advantage in fact we have several examples (France Euro 2016, Brazil 1950, 2014, England Euro 96, Euro 2020, Bayern 2012, Spurs Game 7 2006, Golden State 2016, Boston Game 7 this year, Boston 2016 Game 6, Denver Game 7 2019) that being at home does not guarantee anything

Denver's advantage is still primarily geographical and hasn't stopped them from getting beat when they met their match or superior.

Noises are a gift and a curse. If you don't have it on a given night no amount of noise will make you have it. No amount of cheering will help MPJ get back to close down a 3pt shooter, no amount of noise would mess with Duncan Robinson or Gabe Vincent to knock them off their 3pt rhythm. These are professional athletes. There's a reason championship caliber teams like to go on the road

Yeah, this is better said. Any team will feel stronger at home but it won’t stop them from getting beat if they don’t play the game like they’re supposed to.
It also boils down to effort. The examples you gave are prime examples. A coach can only do his best with the X’s and O’s but at the end of the day, it’s down to who is the superior team or who wants it more when both teams are evenly matched.

That being said, the necessary adjustments will be made come game 3 and I expect Denver to win it in 6. They look the more superior team to me.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
Kibbs:

Yeah, this is better said. Any team will feel stronger at home but it won’t stop them from getting beat if they don’t play the game like they’re supposed to.
It also boils down to effort. The examples you gave are prime examples. A coach can only do his best with the X’s and O’s but at the end of the day, it’s down to who is the superior team or who wants it more when both teams are evenly matched.

That being said, the necessary adjustments will be made come game 3 and I expect Denver to win it in 6. They look the more superior team to me.
I want to see Game 3 before I have a clue. Because what I saw from the Heat was very very impressive.

They showed a poise I didn't see from Denver coming back down 8 on the road in the 3rd. I'm also seeing now that they've shot the 3ball at a higher clip than all the Warriors teams that got to the Finals save for 2016. That is scary to me. The absence of Herro has arguably been a blessing in disguise cos it means more shots for Vincent, Strus, Robinson

If you're Denver you absolutely have to run them off the 3. You can't let your shot making affect your defense and I'm talking about the role players like Gordon, MPJ and KCP. You can make or miss shots but that D has to be constant
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sam Cassell has agreed to join the Celtics as an assistant coach. Sam comes with a ton of experience as an ex-player and a coach. He is well respected and has a good history with developing young players. Hopefully, we can find more experienced heads to help our resident egotistic Meerkat. If he has any sense, he should know this coming season is his make or mar season because I wanted him gone.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 7:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
Roland17:
Sam Cassell has agreed to join the Celtics as an assistant coach. Sam comes with a ton of experience as an ex-player and a coach. He is well respected and has a good history with developing young players. Hopefully, we can find more experienced heads to help our resident egotistic Meerkat. If he has any sense, he should know this coming season is his make or mar season because I wanted him gone.

Lol. The thing about the NBA, you don't get 3 straight seasons of being a top contender if you don't have incredibly superior players like the Curry/Durant warriors, which the celtics do not have.
I believe the curtain has closed on the celtics. They had to do it last year or this year and they couldn't. It gets more difficult hereon.
A lot of teams are better and would be better than them.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:14pm On Jun 06, 2023
Roland17:
Immaculate skating by the Knights and a high power offense. Every line out there is just as dangerous. The Panthers can’t afford to make this series a high scoring series because they can’t match the Knight’s offense.
That team is an Allstar lineup. How were they able to fit so much talent inside the cap. Especially since Hockey has a hard cap.

Guys like Marchessault and Karlsson are definitely getting below their market value
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. The thing about the NBA, you don't get 3 straight seasons of being a top contender if you don't have incredibly superior players like the Curry/Durant warriors, which the celtics do not have.
I believe the curtain has closed on the celtics. They had to do it last year or this year and they couldn't. It gets more difficult hereon.
A lot of teams are better and would be better than them.
I don't agree the window has closed but that's provided Brown and Tatum take paycuts so they can get a proper PG.

But then again I thought a guy like Brogdon who's probably steadier than Smart would have made a difference but he didn't.

I don't like seeing young teams giving up on each other this quickly. Personally believe Tatum and Brown are a duo that are good enough for a ring. At least one

(1) (2) (3) ... (2118) (2119) (2120) (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.