Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1624152 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) ... (2207) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
A40:
One of him or his camp is saying the gun was a toy

The guy doesnt know it, but his psyche is looking for a way to get him out of the league, back into normal life
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2023
birdman:

Neither Bam or Butler commands a double team. They have a good and defensive minded coach that allows all-star caliber players to maximize their chances. And that is what Heat basketball wants - good system players that can knock down shots and play D. Had the Heat started the playoffs in the west, I dont think they even get past the playins

Heat like system players who hustle hard, but you will always need superstar talent above a disciplined roster. A la Wade/Shaq, Lebron/Wade

Great points. The Heat have approached this post season with some unnatural and uncharacteristic strategies and it has helped them adapt to injuries and other changes in their line up.

The Heat are traditionally a slow half court offense that is methodical in creating offense but this post season we have seen them become a fast break/ transition based team. They have pushed the ball upfront and with pace more than I have ever seen them.

Another uncharacteristic strategy is their scoring. This season, they have significantly increased their 3 point scoring which also improved because of the change in the pace of their game. Better still, the 3 point scoring is not carried by the usual suspects as everyone outside of Bam in the starting rotation has become a spot up 3 point shooter. The addition of this type of scoring brought them this far to be honest and compensated for the absences they have suffered in Herro and Oladipo.

However, the lack of volume scoring from their top 2 players is going to cost them once again, except another player averages between 25-27 points to compensate for the deficit. Butler, in one interview yesterday before the game said he isn't a scorer and to be fair to him he is absolutely right. The Heat have overachieved in my opinion and Spoelstra is one hell of a coach, the best in the league right now.

Going into the offseason, they should consider going for Dame. They need someone that can take over games offensively.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2023
Spoelstra at this point will have to make a business decision. Jimmy doesn't look as impactful. And I'd argue some of it is from him having to guard Jamal Murray.

The problem is exerting energy on guarding these guys will hurt your ability to finish games strongly.

It's going to take 35-40 point games from Jimmy for the Heat to win this thing. So do you keep putting Jimmy on Murray knowing he can hit 30 anyway or you let someone else guard him so Jimmy is fresh to focus on scoring

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
Roland17:

Great points. The Heat have approached this post season with some unnatural and uncharacteristic strategies and it has helped them adapt to injuries and other changes in their line up.

The Heat are traditionally a slow half court offense that is methodical in creating offense but this post season we have seen them become a fast break/ transition based team. They have pushed the ball upfront and with pace more than I have ever seen them.

Another uncharacteristic strategy is their scoring. This season, they have significantly increased their 3 point scoring which also improved because of the change in the pace of their game. Better still, the 3 point scoring is not carried by the usual suspects as everyone outside of Bam in the starting rotation has become a spot up 3 point shooter. The addition of this type of scoring brought them this far to be honest and compensated for the absences they have suffered in Herro and Oladipo.

However, the lack of volume scoring from their top 2 players is going to cost them once again, except another player averages between 25-27 points to compensate for the deficit. Butler, in one interview yesterday before the game said he isn't a scorer and to be fair to him he is absolutely right. The Heat have overachieved in my opinion and Spoelstra is one hell of a coach, the best in the league right now.

Going into the offseason, they should consider going for Dame. They need someone that can take over games offensively.
This is what I tell people that try to downplay scoring. When it comes to playoff basketball scoring is far and away the most difficult thing to do.

You can spam every other stat line and assists are pretty much tied to whoever you passed to converting but you see that scoring especially volume scoring knowing well and good the other team is throwing their best defenders at you every night.

I won't entirely write off the Heat just yet, well unless they lose Game 4 but there comes a time in a series where both teams know the better one. Game 4 seems like where we will find out

With this Nuggets personnel they're just too big. And if both teams play to the best of their capabilities the Heat don't stand a chance. KCP and MAGA Mike have been non factors and yet Denver is a 3 away from being up 3-0
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
birdman:

The guy doesnt know it, but his psyche is looking for a way to get him out of the league, back into normal life
Hmm he will not be able to live with himself in the future if he loses this opportunity.

What he needs though is a lengthy suspension. It's like someone on drugs, if they don't hit rock bottom they will keep relapsing till they hurt themselves
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:30pm On Jun 08, 2023
A40:
Spoelstra at this point will have to make a business decision. Jimmy doesn't look as impactful. And I'd argue some of it is from him having to guard Jamal Murray.

The problem is exerting energy on guarding these guys will hurt your ability to finish games strongly.

Also, A. Gordon's size, length and lateral movement is disturbing him a great deal.

A. Gordon has impressed me this post season. This guy has not only evolved from being a dunker with no offense to now a slasher, fast breaker, improved low post scorer and now knocks down the 3 ball.

However, the best improvement has to be on the defensive end. His defense has been tremendous in relieving Jokic because he can guard the best players of the opponents if they are not PGs/SGs. He has length, size and man has quick lateral movement and for his size that is impressive. He is also a rebounding demon as he never stops fighting under the rim.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
A40:
This is what I tell people that try to downplay scoring. When it comes to playoff basketball scoring is far and away the most difficult thing to do.

You can spam every other stat line and assists are pretty much tied to whoever you passed to converting but you see that scoring especially volume scoring knowing well and good the other team is throwing their best defenders at you every night.

I won't entirely write off the Heat just yet, well unless they lose Game 4 but there comes a time in a series where both teams know the better one. Game 4 seems like where we will find out

With this Nuggets personnel they're just too big. And if both teams play to the best of their capabilities the Heat don't stand a chance. KCP and MAGA Mike have been non factors and yet Denver is a 3 away from being up 3-0

MPJ has been disappointing in this series. He has managed to stay healthy which is shocking but this series has been a struggle for him. He is missing defensive assignments and not imposing his will offensively. With his size and length, he can help the Nuggets with guarding Butler so Gordon can catch a break. Yesterday, Malone made the call to stay small by taking MPJ out and keeping Braun on the court because the latter was more impactful.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
A40:
Hmm he will not be able to live with himself in the future if he loses this opportunity.

What he needs though is a lengthy suspension. It's like someone on drugs, if they don't hit rock bottom they will keep relapsing till they hurt themselves

Agreed. Gon be an old man, telling tales of what could have been. But if the league cracks down too hard, I think think he hits rock bottom in the wrong way. As in ending up dead, or becoming a felon.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:29am On Jun 09, 2023
Zion Williamson ladies and gentlemen

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:15am On Jun 09, 2023
Roland17:

MPJ has been disappointing in this series. He has managed to stay healthy which is shocking but this series has been a struggle for him. He is missing defensive assignments and not imposing his will offensively. With his size and length, he can help the Nuggets with guarding Butler so Gordon can catch a break. Yesterday, Malone made the call to stay small by taking MPJ out and keeping Braun on the court because the latter was more impactful.

His defense in game 3 was actually good, his issue in that game and why Braun got more minutes was his unwillingness to be a cutter/slasher on some of those Murray and Jokic 2-man game. As soon as the heat started trapping Murray without leaving Jokic, he countered by looking for cutters, Braun was willing to do it but MPJ not so much.
Lastly Braun showed a willingness to attack the basket off the dribble on fast breaks and off pump fakes when he had the opportunity.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:24am On Jun 09, 2023
donlittle25:

Meh, soounds like someone didnt get the payday they wanted from Zion
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:05am On Jun 09, 2023
What an exciting game 2. The Panthers played like this was game 7. Like I said, they have to keep the scoreline low as they can’t afford to exchange goals with this high power Knight’s offense.

Knights 3-2 Panthers.

Series 2-1
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2023
donlittle25:
Someone sounds pained. A40, I don't really blame these young boys with money. I just thought at this point it was common knowledge to avoid these girls and they'd have agents whose job is to save them from themselves. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2023
SmooshCHN:

Someone sounds pained. A40, I don't really blame these young boys with money. I just thought at this point it was common knowledge to avoid these girls and they'd have agents whose job is to save them from themselves. grin

All these things are not new, social media and the internet as a whole just makes these information more accessible.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
Lmao. Zion. That's what you get for messing with these wh0res
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
SmooshCHN:

I don't blame them either. At 22 with Zion's money? I have a murderer's row I would knack grin grin

What's funny is this particular one only shagged white men in her clips so why is she crying like she was there for anything but money.

His only fvck up is not letting these women know what time it is. Can't be doing any lovey dovey things. Normal they will all pretend, like the parole is more than just a sex for money exchange. The onus is on you as the man to be brutal and clear that your parole is purely sex. The second she feigns anything deep you put her on permanent ice

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
Roland17:
What an exciting game 2. The Panthers played like this was game 7. Like I said, they have to keep the scoreline low as they can’t afford to exchange goals with this high power Knight’s offense.

Knights 3-2 Panthers.

Series 2-1
I thought they were dead and buried when the Knights went up 2-1. What a comeback
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
birdman:

Agreed. Gon be an old man, telling tales of what could have been. But if the league cracks down too hard, I think think he hits rock bottom in the wrong way. As in ending up dead, or becoming a felon.
From the mall incident with his mother, to the Pacers situation, the kid at his house.

He's well on his way to being in some shxt without the league going in on him.

There's a saying. The universe whispers before it yells. Ja needs a proper suspension to serve as a deterrent and secondly to get to the root of this wannabe gangster situation he's displaying. When you keep getting away with things you start feeling invincible and one day you will surely tempt fate.

I hope it doesn't take irreversible tragedy before necessary steps are taken

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
donlittle25:
Hell hath no Fury than a woman scorned.

Going through the threads these women are insane. They don't even love this man yet they are crying like they invested anything to his life other than some used vajayjay
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
A40:
From the mall incident with his mother, to the Pacers situation, the kid at his house.

He's well on his way to being in some shxt without the league going in on him.

There's a saying. The universe whispers before it yells. Ja needs a proper suspension to serve as a deterrent and secondly to get to the root of this wannabe gangster situation he's displaying. When you keep getting away with things you start feeling invincible and one day you will surely tempt fate.

I hope it doesn't take irreversible tragedy before necessary steps are taken

You know what I love most about all of these? The league will move on without him and e go shock am!

Like the famous writer, Ayi Armah said, “The beautiful ones are not yet born”!
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
A40:

It's going to take 35-40 point games from Jimmy for the Heat to win this thing. So do you keep putting Jimmy on Murray knowing he can hit 30 anyway or you let someone else guard him so Jimmy is fresh to focus on scoring

Agree with you boss....I think another player should be given the role to guard Murray to give Butler some freedom to perform better

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:40am On Jun 10, 2023
Game 4..Here we go!
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:54am On Jun 10, 2023
Jokic just rolled his ankle.. Oh boy! This might be impactful if that ankle swells but if anyone has heart, it is the Serbian Warrior.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:05am On Jun 10, 2023
Butler with the buzzer beater
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:10am On Jun 10, 2023
Jokic leaves for the locker room, that ankle is bothering him!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:11am On Jun 10, 2023
Gordon has really impressed me with his play this Finals. Much better than the guy I saw last year
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:11am On Jun 10, 2023
Gordon Playing well makes me happy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:13am On Jun 10, 2023
They're not giving Murray an inch grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:13am On Jun 10, 2023
The Heat are refusing to sit Butler/ Bam with Jokic injured.

Spoelstra is trying to make sure he is capitalizing on Jokic’s absence.
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:15am On Jun 10, 2023
Jeff Green grin

Baba ti fe lo cancun
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 2:15am On Jun 10, 2023
A40:
They're not giving Murray an inch grin
I no sure say he don touch ball grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2121) (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) ... (2207) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.