Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633957 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:33am On Jun 20, 2023
Khanben:

So Ja is now the reason for gun violence in the USA, we have a situation of a country that has more guns than people, a country where like half of their politicians have a campaign advertising with guns featured in it, let's not even talk about ubiquitous nature of guns in video games and movies. But one basketball player waving a gun that he is legally allowed to own on video, is the reason for increased gun violence. Please

This topic is obviously not your strong suite, it’s okay to leave it alone instead of exposing your ignorance to the realities of those who are not only knowledgeable but more importantly, live it first hand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 5:20am On Jun 20, 2023
donlittle25:
I want you to point to where I said JA MORANT is the reason for the increase in Gun violence in my post.

How can you be so obtuse?

Make una leave that man, because after reading some of the last posts and still comes up with an argument, e dey certain say he just wants to argue to prove no point. Mesef weak for him argument.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc(m): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
A40:
Typical. They will wait till tragedy happens and will start to cry abamo, had it been I know

Like i said they're free to wait till the matter is out of Adam Silver's hand. If he continues in this trajectory it will get there.

There are real Gs who are walking the streets of Memphis HOPING to run into Ja just so they can test him. Maybe the guy thinks he is in Milwaukee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc(m): 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
A40:
I've really lost interest in boxing. The good old days everyone fought everyone. Twice!

Hagler-Duran-Hearns-Sugar Ray all fought each other at least once. Let that sink in. You can make a top 7 greatest fights just from that bracket. Today we are seeing generational ducking as everyone is finding a reason to simply not fight

There's too many bodies all we knew in the past was WBA/WBC/WBO even at a point there was just 1 body and no belt unification nonsense. Heavyweight champion was heavyweight champion. Now we have Ring,IBF,LGBTQ, LGBTQIA+++

30 years ago nobody would even take a Jake Paul seriously. Now we have close to 50 year old UFC fighters boxing and garnering more interest cos nobody cares about the actual boxers anymore

Okolie is an agricultural boxer he was always going to be exposed

Yeah Okolie is not cultured.

The problem is that there are enough good fights to go around especially between lightweight and super middle weight., but somehow these boxers keep ducking one another like gymnasts.

P.S It was IBF that came along earlier to join WBA and WBC. WBO came along later.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 1:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
😹😹😹🤲🏾

Oh yeah?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kibbs:
😹😹😹🤲🏾

Oh yeah?
Lmao!! Come!! Na so these people dey really feel? Like the world is against them? Omo.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
A40:
I've looked at it critically and I'm convinced that if the Warriors want to completely shut down their title window then they can re sign Draymond and let Poole walk.

I've spent a lot of time crushing Poole here but the guy is 24 years old, came off a really good season and IMO was more crucial to that ring than Draymond. Maybe he's not mentally as strong but I still am led to believe that keeping Dray on the team must not have helped his morale.

When you want to extend a title window you replace an older piece with a younger piece. You cannot have 3 aging players on one team and expect sustained success. You will just end up like the 98 and 99 Rockets.

If the Warriors are smart move Draymond and get young agile bigs. Give Poole a full season to see if he was worth the contract and if not you can easily move him, that's far better than paying triple single Dray into age 36 to 37. I will let him walk and if another team gives him the bag good for them
Draymond had everything to do with Poole's performance and everything to do with the team's chemistry. And you're absolutely right. I'll even extend it by saying it's totally fine to let Green go and move Klay. The idea that Curry and a developing Jordan Poole cannot flourish without Draymond is an absolute nonsense. Mike Dunleavy just need to get the right pieces especially agile bigs like you said. Draymond doesn't even look like he's interested in winning. He just wants to be himself and talk about Bron all day.
The team sef tire me.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2023
Khanben:

Release him in America for owning a gun and having it with him will on a video call on social media. Dude will sue and he will certainly win. Be real this is the USA if the commissioner oversteps it will become a 2nd Amendment issue before anyone can say Jack.
People who were expecting a harsher sentence are just projecting their bias. Again if it was Real madrid or man utd in Europe then a full season suspension might be visible, but in the USA, give me a break

lol just stop. you dont know what you are talking about. and i say that respectfully

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2023
Kibbs:
😹😹😹🤲🏾

Oh yeah?

Hes still rolling with the same friends? Thats not a very good sign

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
afrodoc:

Yeah Okolie is not cultured.

The problem is that there are enough good fights to go around especially between lightweight and super middle weight., but somehow these boxers keep ducking one another like gymnasts.

P.S It was IBF that came along earlier to join WBA and WBC. WBO came along later.

mayweather started this nonsense. That he ducked a prime pacquiao will always be an asterisk on his record
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:16am On Jun 21, 2023
Khanben:

So you are suggesting he should be punished for what might happen in a hypothetical future not for what he has done. This is the issue with talk like this, the commissioner can only punish him for what he has done, nothing more.
When did we as a society start punishing people for what they might do ?
This is a funny take considering you're dealing with a guy with a laundry list of misconduct and someone that came to your office and guaranteed changed behavior only to renege less than 2 months later.

The primary purpose of any effective punishment is to serve as deterrent. Anything short of that you're wasting your time and everyone else's

I hope I'm proven wrong but when Ja acts out again I will be here to say I told you so
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:18am On Jun 21, 2023
Kibbs:
😹😹😹🤲🏾

Oh yeah?
You're dealing with an unrepentant and unapologetic individual. He's been enabled all this time and the results are what we are seeing.

I hope for his sake that it doesn't take tragedy for him to course correct and then the talk will be Abamo, thoughts and prayers.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:23am On Jun 21, 2023
afrodoc:

There are real Gs who are walking the streets of Memphis HOPING to run into Ja just so they can test him. Maybe the guy thinks he is in Milwaukee.
It's stupid because someone that rich does not have to carry a gun a day in his life. Have you seen Lebron with gun? KD? Do you see Mahomes with gun? When you're not about a certain life the time will come when you're going to be caught slipping and you will have to show and prove.

The thing is even if you successfully defend yourself your life is permanently altered. Why people are so adamant on defending foolishness instead of asking him to just put the gun down is beyond me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:33am On Jun 21, 2023
SmooshCHN:

Draymond had everything to do with Poole's performance and everything to do with the team's chemistry. And you're absolutely right. I'll even extend it by saying it's totally fine to let Green go and move Klay. The idea that Curry and a developing Jordan Poole cannot flourish without Draymond is an absolute nonsense. Mike Dunleavy just need to get the right pieces especially agile bigs like you said. Draymond doesn't even look like he's interested in winning. He just wants to be himself and talk about Bron all day.
The team sef tire me.
It's not rocket science. There's significant slippage in his game on both ends of the floor. And that's not even considering the fact that he's good for at least a game suspension in the playoffs and some terrible performances as well. Do they really think he will suddenly improve at 34?

Hmm. Moving both him and Klay in the same window will be a hugely unpopular move. I would keep Klay and bank on the fact that 3 years removed from that devastating injury he's fully healed and also make it clear that he's playing for his long term extension.

Moving Draymond and getting a young athletic big and a serviceable wing really should be their play.

If they extend Dray they're limiting their ceiling. No chance they get to title contention with Dray still there. If they run into the Lakers they will lose again

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2023
A40:
It's stupid because someone that rich does not have to carry a gun a day in his life. Have you seen Lebron with gun? KD? Do you see Mahomes with gun? When you're not about a certain life the time will come when you're going to be caught slipping and you will have to show and prove.

The thing is even if you successfully defend yourself your life is permanently altered. Why people are so adamant on defending foolishness instead of asking him to just put the gun down is beyond me.

The one that makes me laugh is when i hear guys asking his dad Tee to step up and advise him better. People just assume that Tee Morant is a sensible or wise man because he is a father. There are a lot of foolish poor men walking the earth, and becoming rich does not cure foolishness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2023
birdman:

mayweather started this nonsense. That he ducked a prime pacquiao will always be an asterisk on his record

There are 2 sides to that Mayweather/Pacquiao story, and we can debate it from now until the rapture. It is not debatable though that Mayweather started this obsession with the 0.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 10:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
A40:
It's not rocket science. There's significant slippage in his game on both ends of the floor. And that's not even considering the fact that he's good for at least a game suspension in the playoffs and some terrible performances as well. Do they really think he will suddenly improve at 34?

Hmm. Moving both him and Klay in the same window will be a hugely unpopular move. I would keep Klay and bank on the fact that 3 years removed from that devastating injury he's fully healed and also make it clear that he's playing for his long term extension.

Moving Draymond and getting a young athletic big and a serviceable wing really should be their play.

If they extend Dray they're limiting their ceiling. No chance they get to title contention with Dray still there. If they run into the Lakers they will lose again
They won't do anything. Good luck to them.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
afrodoc2:

The one that makes me laugh is when i hear guys asking his dad Tee to step up and advise him better. People just assume that Tee Morant is a sensible or wise man because he is a father. There are a lot of foolish poor men walking the earth, and becoming rich does not cure foolishness.

The annoying part of all this is that Ja is not from that life! He did not grow up in the hood, he had a 2 parent household and his parents were considered middle class growing up and no where near what is considered a hood or public housing. This is just a young man seeking validation from the wrong place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:39pm On Jun 21, 2023
The Celtics are working on a trade to sign K. Porzingis in a 3 way trade with the Clippers and Wizards. The deal will involve 6th man of the year M. Brodgan going to the Clippers. I feel bad for Brodga…
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:07am On Jun 22, 2023
Roland17:
The Celtics are working on a trade to sign K. Porzingis in a 3 way trade with the Clippers and Wizards. The deal will involve 6th man of the year M. Brodgan going to the Clippers. I feel bad for Brodga…

The Celtics become the favourites to make it out of the East and slightly behind the Nuggets to win it all if this trade goes through
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:18am On Jun 22, 2023
chic2pimp:

The Celtics become the favourites to make it out of the East and slightly behind the Nuggets to win it all if this trade goes through

Only if the Meerkat can stay out of our way!
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 12:42am On Jun 22, 2023
Roland17:

Only if the Meerkat can stay out of our way!

Hahahahahahahahahaha bruhhhhhhh!...It literally took me a minute to get who you were referring to. Nah seriously you lot got the short end of the stick. Ime or Will Hardy would be doing much better jobs with this squad.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:01am On Jun 22, 2023
chic2pimp:

Hahahahahahahahahaha bruhhhhhhh!...It literally took me a minute to get who you were referring to. Nah seriously you lot got the short end of the stick. Ime or Will Hardy would be doing much better jobs with this squad.

Watching my Celtics under the Meerkat has been traumatic. On this thread after 10 games into the regular season, I started wailing that this isn’t championship basketball coaching!

I miss Ime so much, if for nothing, our consistency on defense. I am still in pains..

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:35am On Jun 22, 2023
Roland17:

It looks like this deal has fallen through according to Woj..
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:07am On Jun 22, 2023
donlittle25:
I want you to point to where I said JA MORANT is the reason for the increase in Gun violence in my post.

How can you be so obtuse?

You said some kids will see ja and do the same
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:10am On Jun 22, 2023
A40:
This is a funny take considering you're dealing with a guy with a laundry list of misconduct and someone that came to your office and guaranteed changed behavior only to renege less than 2 months later.

The primary purpose of any effective punishment is to serve as deterrent. Anything short of that you're wasting your time and everyone else's

I hope I'm proven wrong but when Ja acts out again I will be here to say I told you so

You say laundry list of misconduct. I say where is the crime that he committed. If someone who committed state and federal crimes get 50 games. How the heck should someone who just broke league conduct rules get 40 games. Please make it make sense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 6:26am On Jun 22, 2023
Khanben:

You say laundry list of misconduct. I say where is the crime that he committed. If someone who committed state and federal crimes get 50 games. How the heck should someone who just broke league conduct rules get 40 games. Please make it make sense.

Please rest. You’re not making any sense.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2023
Roland17:

It looks like this deal has fallen through according to Woj..

The deal has been resurrected but this time the deal is centered around Smart going to the Grizzlies.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2023
Celtics receive: Kristaps Porziņģis, 2023 & 2024 first-round pick

Grizzlies receive: Marcus Smart

Wizards receive: Tyus Jones, 2023 second-round pic

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1671733585865494529?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Looks like Brad Stevens learnt a thing or two from Danny Ainge about roster construction and piling picks grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
afrodoc2:

There are 2 sides to that Mayweather/Pacquiao story, and we can debate it from now until the rapture. It is not debatable though that Mayweather started this obsession with the 0.

What other side. Im all ears o
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
Words can not express enough but I AM GRATEFUL...The true end of an era for the Celtics.
#GREENRUNSDEEP

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 8:17pm On Jun 22, 2023
Lmao cp3 to the warriors grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2134) (2135) (2136) (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.