Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633262 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:53am On Jul 01, 2023
Draymond Green signs a 4 year $100m contract extension with GS. Lol. People who know ball know DG is the heart and soul of GS. F*ck what the fake fans say. Kerr knew he couldn’t let him go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:38am On Jul 01, 2023
Honlucas:
Lakers is fortifying themselves buh letting deniis go is a no no

If Gabe is a replacement for Schroder, I'm all for it. It looks like an upgrade.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2023
Roland17:

Una don turn nursing home.. Even the Lakers did a better job at getting younger last season and have just added G. Vincent. The final years of Curry will be sad.
A40:
Hahaha your team is finished. You're stuck with Draymond till he's 37, likely would have to pay Klay too who's declining. Understandable sha as a loyalty thing I can respect it but as far as contention. It's Joever
So what they are trying to tell us is that Steph can't play with anyone in the league but a declining Draymond and Klay? Omo, I no dey stress myself for this life. I have zero expectations of them at this point cos wtf!! Sign a decent Center at least they said Warriors said no but they can agree to pay someone to kiss LeBron's asś all season long while averaging 0.8 technicals per game.
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 9:49am On Jul 01, 2023
steady986:

If Gabe is a replacement for Schroder, I'm all for it. It looks like an upgrade.

Yes he is the replacement
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gave Vincent needs to change agent ASAP

M. Strus a former team mate secured a 4/$63M (15.7M/Year) while Gabe could only secure a 3/$33M (11M/Year). To me, Gabe is a more valuable player on both ends.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:29pm On Jul 01, 2023
SmooshCHN:

So what they are trying to tell us is that Steph can't play with anyone in the league but a declining Draymond and Klay? Omo, I no dey stress myself for this life. I have zero expectations of them at this point cos wtf!! Sign a decent Center at least they said Warriors said no but they can agree to pay someone to kiss LeBron's asś all season long while averaging 0.8 technicals per game.
I believe it was just about showing loyalty to a guy who was part of the dynasty team, no way the Warriors really think this team as constructed can win any title. You're right in having zero expectations

Draymond even in the 2022 title year was not even Golden State's 4th most important player. But Warriors front office are nostalgia merchants. All Draymond offers now is podcasts, triple singles, ejections and suspensions

This is a team that needed some mix of youth to go through the grind of an 82 game season. I'm wondering what their plan is now with a core pushing 35.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2023
Roland17:

M. Strus a former team mate secured a 4/$63M (15.7M/Year) while Gabe could only secure a 3/$33M (11M/Year). To me, Gabe is a more valuable player on both ends.
That him agent na suegbe ohh

Vincent is far better than Strus who is next to useless on nights his 3pt spamming is not working
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Pelinka is doing a solid job kept Hachimura, got guys like Vincent and Hayes. Even Reddish who I've never understood why he's been such a problem thus far. It's a travesty he is trending towards bust territory as he has huge potential in my eyes

I no wan hear Pelinka slander from the usual suspects on the web cos that man is doing his job

And how far that foot 'surgery' from our King Cap-a-lot grin grin he's the goat alright the goat of CAP grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Dame finally requests trade.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:45pm On Jul 01, 2023
A40:
Dame finally requests trade.

The Heat and Philly are in play
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:59am On Jul 02, 2023
The Spurs should take a shot Dame, they have the cap space, picks and players to make it work.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:05am On Jul 02, 2023
Dillon Brooks had the last laugh. 4 year $80m to the Rockets grin grin birdman where you dey?

Make my pikin talk say e no wan play basketball ehn. I go flog craze comot him body grin
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 3:07am On Jul 02, 2023
A40:
Dillon Brooks had the last laugh. 4 year $80m to the Rockets grin grin birdman where you dey?

Make my pikin talk say e no wan play basketball ehn. I go flog craze comot him body grin
baba we go box grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:31am On Jul 02, 2023
A40:

Birdman was busy fasting against Harden returning to Houston, baba no sabi say the one wen pass am dey road grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Wanbissaka: 3:42am On Jul 02, 2023
Just for laugh

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc(m): 8:27am On Jul 02, 2023
A40:
Pelinka is doing a solid job kept Hachimura, got guys like Vincent and Hayes. Even Reddish who I've never understood why he's been such a problem thus far. It's a travesty he is trending towards bust territory as he has huge potential in my eyes

I no wan hear Pelinka slander from the usual suspects on the web cos that man is doing his job

And how far that foot 'surgery' from our King Cap-a-lot grin grin he's the goat alright the goat of CAP grin grin

When they were in college there were reports that Reddish had little to no motor. I read an article that stated that while Zion and Reddish were probably the more talented naturally RJ was the one whose intangibles made up somewhat for it.

Your skill and natural ability can get you to the NBA but if you don’t have that drive/motor/competitive edge it might get rough.

Meanwhile ESPN don sack everybody finish.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Roland17:

Birdman was busy fasting against Harden returning to Houston, baba no sabi say the one wen pass am dey road grin
After all the trolling na Brooks win at last oh.

I dey sorry for Birdman the kin bricks FVV and Brooks go use scatter court next season. They did not use that cap space judiciously at all
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:04pm On Jul 02, 2023
donlittle25:
baba we go box grin
Chale. E must pick oh. If e no athletic e go play tennis or golf
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:27pm On Jul 02, 2023
afrodoc:

When they were in college there were reports that Reddish had little to no motor. I read an article that stated that while Zion and Reddish were probably the more talented naturally RJ was the one whose intangibles made up somewhat for it.

Your skill and natural ability can get you to the NBA but if you don’t have that drive/motor/competitive edge it might get rough.

Meanwhile ESPN don sack everybody finish.
Lool ESPN are a dying organization, they lost their way when they started dabbling in the woke foolishness. Every other show they're pushing one agenda subtly or in your face. The one that especially irritated me was when they brought one 6'3 mozumba that couldn't compete with men and was swimming with women and dusting them and they were interviewing this joker like he was some hero and pioneer

Actual sports fans quickly tuned them out and their numbers dipped. Same thing that happened to CNN. Someone said they might not exist in a matter of 5-10 years and I will not be shocked. Majority of their personnel either lack authenticity they're essentially paid parrots. Just look at that mascot Perkins and how he just turned a simple basketball matter about race. How can you bring up race when since 1986 only 3 white players have won MVP.

These days I only watch ESPN when they're showing live sports and I'm sure most fans feel this way.

As for Reddish omo. If NBA bag will not push you to have a motor I don't know what will. You don't even have to be a star just appearance of effort you will get a huge bag. Look at guys like Zion, Ja, Bane, Haliburton, Lamelo getting 9 figure salaries while you're bouncing around teams for league minimum, that has to eat at you badly. And for an athlete it's especially important for you to get paid cos your window is so short. I hope he can pick up. I thought he had a much higher upside than Barrett it's a mystery to me that he's not a starter in this league
Re: The NBA Begins by felix00(m): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2023
Eric Gordon to Phoenix. Another solid addition for the suns

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
Wanbissaka:
Just for laugh

this is seriously funny

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:09am On Jul 03, 2023
A40:

it is not final, somebody with sense needs to kill this rubbish right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:09am On Jul 03, 2023
Roland17:

this is a spiritual attack, we the fans must respond accordingly
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
birdman:

it is not final, somebody with sense needs to kill this rubbish right now.
Kudos to his agent if that goes through cos that's Ski mask Hall of Fame level right there
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
birdman:

this is a spiritual attack, we the fans must respond accordingly

Take heart and accept my condolences. Overall though, I think you guys did well with the additions of Ime Udoka and FVV but paying D. Brooks and J. Landale is questionable.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Roland17:

Take heart and accept my condolences. Overall though, I think you guys did well with the additions of Ime Udoka and FVV but paying D. Brooks and J. Landale is questionable.

I actually like Brooks game. But boy we overpaid by too much. Makes me worry front office is not savvy
Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Halliburton, Melo & Ant getting deserved rookie max extensions $260m shocked

Looking at the 2021Class, not sure anyone is worthy of the rookie max
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2023
Roland17:

It's the small market tax. Role players get paid higher in smaller markets or losing franchises
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2023
Markswag101:
Halliburton, Melo & Ant getting deserved rookie max extensions $260m shocked

Looking at the 2021Class, not sure anyone is worthy of the rookie max

It's not actually 260mil but 205. The language says it could be up to 260mil. The only way any of them gets 260mil if they earn 1st team all-nba this up coming season

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 4:56pm On Jul 05, 2023
birdman:

I actually like Brooks game. But boy we overpaid by too much. Makes me worry front office is not savvy

It was a sign and trade, so that plays into it a bit, because the UFA player needs incentives to agree. Also by the time you guys need to pay your young players that contract will be a very tradable contract as a salary filler.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 5:08pm On Jul 05, 2023
Roland17:
The Spurs should take a shot Dame, they have the cap space, picks and players to make it work.

This IMHO will be a bad idea. Nobody knows what Wemby really is at the moment, let him play as the 1st option year then they can learn both his strengths, weaknesses and limitations. Then you can properly build around him. Trading for Dame who is due 60+mil in the backend of that contract will be be an anchor weighing the franchise down.

PS: It will not surprise me if the trade package for Dame is underwhelming, smart GMs have started to account correctly so for future salary compensation when putting together trade packages.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2137) (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.