Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2141) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1633548 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) ... (2217) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:34pm On Jul 05, 2023
Khanben:

It was a sign and trade, so that plays into it a bit, because the UFA player needs incentives to agree. Also by the time you guys need to pay your young players that contract will be a very tradable contract as a salary filler.

thanks for the explanation. unlike those who sought to trouble me grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 10:01am On Jul 06, 2023
birdman:

thanks for the explanation. unlike those who sought to trouble me grin

The Rockets IMHO actually have a plan, if their young players pan out, by the time the extension for Green who will be the first up kicks in, FVV contract will has just been confirmed that the 3rd yr is a team option. So in 2yrs, they can decline his 3rd year and Brooks will be just 2yrs 40mil. So if their picks hit, it will be a smooth transition

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:20pm On Jul 06, 2023
Grant Williams to the Mavs. Hmm
Re: The NBA Begins by Maynmann: 2:29am On Jul 07, 2023
🀫

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 8:48am On Jul 07, 2023
As all this contracts numbers are flying around, one thing has been severely underreported, and that is under the new CBA, teams are now allowed to give nfl style contracts, with some or most of the years not guaranteed. The Rockets especially have used this with FVV, with his 3rd year being a team option, Jock landale only has 1yr guaranteed and so many more will come out when the full details are released.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:07pm On Jul 07, 2023
Khanben:
As all this contracts numbers are flying around, one thing has been severely underreported, and that is under the new CBA, teams are now allowed to give nfl style contracts, with some or most of the years not guaranteed. The Rockets especially have used this with FVV, with his 3rd year being a team option, Jock landale only has 1yr guaranteed and so many more will come out when the full details are released.

Also, under the new CBA, teams must spend 90% of their cap space otherwise it is shared amongst players on the roster.
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 8:26am On Jul 08, 2023
Wembayama first game
9point
5block
2/12FG. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I thought u guys said he will be better than the king?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Djreloaded(m): 8:42am On Jul 08, 2023
Honlucas:
Wembayama first game
9point
5block
2/12FG. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

A tad bit too early to make senseless comments like these.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Wanbissaka: 8:45am On Jul 08, 2023
Honlucas:
Wembayama first game
9point
5block
2/12FG. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

chills. Let him cook first though I have a very big doubt but let's see how it goes

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 10:09am On Jul 08, 2023
Djreloaded:
A tad bit too early to make senseless comments like these.

Oga shift if he had play well u guys would be hyping me this morning

That's double standard

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2023
Wanbissaka:
chills. Let him cook first though I have a very big doubt but let's see how it goes
He is playing summer league and getting 2/12 FG. How would he cope when the big boys step into the court? KD, Jokic and Giannis are going to have a field day on his arse.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 10:36am On Jul 08, 2023
greypencils:
He is playing summer league and getting 2/12 FG. How would he cope when the big boys step into the court? KD, Jokic and Giannis are going to have a field day on his arse.

In other words, let’s judge his whole career/season by his first summer league game?

Not everyone will hit the ground running from their first game and it’s fine. People might be disappointed given the hype and all but this is just one game.. his first game. Anyone can have a bad game how much more a rookie

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Wanbissaka: 10:49am On Jul 08, 2023
greypencils:
the media just put a target on his back
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2023
https://twitter.com/AuxGod_/status/1677060673069813760?t=4Ge990tIPLmqrtXn1zr32A&s=19

The video above is one of the reasons people think MJ is the GOAT. Listen to the awe of the announcers at the marvelous skill grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2023
Not exactly the debut Wemby hoped for and he was quite critical of himself during the post game.

My biggest observation is that he struggled with the pace of the game which affected his timing on both ends. The game moved pretty fast for him, faster than what he may have experienced in Europe. He also looked like he was in a rush as he tried to catch up with the pace. Spacing was also difficult for his teammates considering his size.

Defensively he moved his feet pretty well but like any tall guy over 6’7, defending 1v1 outside the perimeter against guards is suicidal and he did get some shakes. The pace of the game also caused him to gas out early which led to some fouls.

He did some good things, especially defensively. He is a good rim protector and if he perfects his timing and gets a handle of the pace, he will be a very good shot blocker. Offensively, he looks like a willing passer who understands the spacing of teammates.

I wouldn’t overreact because Wemby has barely trained with his new team mates or even had time to properly transition from France after a long season. It is the Summer league, while he will play against better player, he will also have better team mates around him. I like that the Spurs let him play the entire 4 quarters. He is going to need a lot of help to adjust to the NBA and once he does, he can be as projected.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
Kibbs:

In other words, let’s judge his whole career/season by his first summer league game?

Not everyone will hit the ground running from their first game and it’s fine. People might be disappointed given the hype and all but this is just one game.. his first game. Anyone can have a bad game how much more a rookie
2/12 FG summer league, not regular league ? not playoffs? Nah. Not acceptable with the level of mouth he has made. All he has is his health. He had better remain healthy or he is toast.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2023
greypencils:
2/12 FG summer league, not regular league ? not playoffs? Nah. Not acceptable with the level of mouth he has made. All he has is his health. He had better remain healthy or he is toast.

For sure, everyone expected more. Even the arena was sold out but can you at least give him another game? Everyone is being reactive but that’s not how it all works. He still has till the season begins to adapt to the little things and show what he is all about.

I dunno about everyone else but I don’t write off or cast my doubt on a player after one game
Re: The NBA Begins by Wanbissaka: 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2023
Kibbs:

For sure, everyone expected more. Even the arena was sold out but can you at least give him another game? Everyone is being reactive but that’s not how it all works. He still has till the season begins to adapt to the little things and show what he is all about.

I dunno about everyone else but I don’t write off or cast my doubt on a player after one game
guy he was dunked on the head twice πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’”. That nigga is like 7ft+ for Gods sake πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Wanbissaka: 8:05am On Jul 09, 2023
grin

Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2023
Wanbissaka:
guy he was dunked on the head twice πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’”. That nigga is like 7ft+ for Gods sake πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Like proper NBA stars don’t get dunked on… who is anti-dunkable? Make una rest
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:26am On Jul 10, 2023
Lol. Are we really judging a guy off Summer League?

This era is really cooked.

All I'd say is Wemby is going to need to pump some iron. He looks like a giraffe out there.

This whole perimeter business if he wants to have a long career he would do well to avoid it and be an anchor on defense. Even on offense. I know he can supposedly shoot but he should aim to be more Tim Duncan than Kevin Durant.
Re: The NBA Begins by Djreloaded(m): 5:38am On Jul 10, 2023
Honlucas:
Wembayama first game
9point
5block
2/12FG. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Better hide your head clown.
Wemby is growing into his skin...

Let him cook

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 6:28am On Jul 10, 2023
Lol. Judging Wemby off summer league is dumb.
That dude is poised for the sky in the NBA.
I don't know why Lebron Fans get scared anytime a new dude comes into the NBA, with a chance at being better than LeBron.
A number of guys in this Era, are going to retire as better players.
Get used to it....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:36am On Jul 10, 2023
Wembanyama heard y'all noises grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:43am On Jul 10, 2023
Lol. Someone is now making it about LeBron fans grin Una thinking sha. You think LeBron fans are scared that Victor or anybody for that matter would have 20+ excellent years and therefore surpass the GOAT?

Yea, I'm scared. I've got shivers. Can't you see the goosebumps? grin

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 9:33am On Jul 10, 2023
Wanbissaka:
I don't rate summer games. Let him play against the big boys then we see

You people are clowns, he performed badly days ago and you were here laughing and complaining. He scored 27 now, and yOu DoNt RaTe SuMmEr LeAgUe GaMeS

Same summer league game you were crying about just days ago

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:18am On Jul 11, 2023
steady986:
Wembanyama heard y'all noises grin

I am yet to watch the kid play a full game. But Im not seeing how his game will translate to the NBA. I feel like he needs some strength and post presence. A player that size will need a defender to believe he is a viable post threat and give him enough room to operate. Well sha, lets see... looks like a good kid in a good organization. Cant beat Pops for character development.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:00am On Jul 11, 2023
Remember the kid that tried to beat Ajala on the court and his band of travelers swore his career in the NBA was over?

Welp… that kid just got paid!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37991798/pistons-isaiah-stewart-agree-4-year-64-million-extension
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:11am On Jul 11, 2023
Roland17:
Remember the kid that tried to beat Ajala on the court and his band of travelers swore his career in the NBA was over?

Welp… that kid just got paid!

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37991798/pistons-isaiah-stewart-agree-4-year-64-million-extension

As he should. One mistake in a passioned game should not equal end of career. Lebron is a good guy, no way he would impede another players progress. If he can share team with rondo, its obvious he is laid back and not the micromanager folks try to paint him as. And kudos to pistons for seeing past one game.

Now broda man needs to just lay low and work on the temper. Dont let the villagers know your address abeg
Re: The NBA Begins by Juicewrld27: 7:25am On Jul 11, 2023
Hint: He is known for his Game 6️⃣ magic and is a 4-time NBA Champion! πŸ†

#GuessThePlayer #GuessWho

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
Juicewrld27:
Hint: He is known for his Game 6️⃣ magic and is a 4-time NBA Champion! πŸ†

#GuessThePlayer #GuessWho

that looks like klay

(1) (2) (3) ... (2138) (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) ... (2217) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.