Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2153) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630369 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:07am On Oct 25, 2023
Who wan beat Nuggets go try oh. They have quite a few young guys they drafted that if they click there would be problem oh.

Reggie Jackson another interesting X-factor

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Looks like we're back to swallowing the whistle on LeBron drives this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kibbs(m): 1:14am On Oct 25, 2023
I never subscribed to any of those taking revenge noise. If it didn’t dey, it didn’t dey
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:23am On Oct 25, 2023
A40:
Who wan beat Nuggets go try oh. They have quite a few young guys they drafted that if they click there would be problem oh.

Reggie Jackson another interesting X-factor

They have done an excellent job in keeping the core of their roster together. The only weakling may be their 2nd unit with their drafts but some of the guys on the bench like Braun got post season experience.

Repeats are hard but they are positioned to do if there is a chance.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 2:35am On Oct 25, 2023
2 more Assist for Jokic to register the first triple double of the season in the season opener.

Man is just continuing from where he left off from.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:48am On Oct 25, 2023
Jokic has broken basketball

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:51am On Oct 25, 2023
LMAO..Denver fans chanting “Who’s is your daddy?”

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:57am On Oct 25, 2023
Roland17:

They have done an excellent job in keeping the core of their roster together. The only weakling may be their 2nd unit with their drafts but some of the guys on the bench like Braun got post season experience.

Repeats are hard but they are positioned to do if there is a chance.
I don't see the weakness per se. Reggie Jackson is experienced and on a contender he either tighten up his game or ride the pine

Guys like Watson, Nnaji and then rookies Strawther and Pickett. They only need 1 or 2 guys inside these 4 and it's a wrap. You really only need 2 quality contributors off the bench.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:07am On Oct 25, 2023
A40:
I don't see the weakness per se. Reggie Jackson is experienced and on a contender he either tighten up his game or ride the pine

Guys like Watson, Nnaji and then rookies Strawther and Pickett. They only need 1 or 2 guys inside these 4 and it's a wrap. You really only need 2 quality contributors off the bench.

Those guys (rookies) look good but if you are talking championship, Malone would have to find ways to mix his starters with his bench for points especially.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:39am On Oct 25, 2023
Roland17:

Those guys (rookies) look good but if you are talking championship, Malone would have to find ways to mix his starters with his bench for points especially.
You're only going to need 3 guys off the bench for the playoffs anyway. They have the full season to find those 3 guys
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:40am On Oct 25, 2023
Devin Booker is ridiculous. Shocking he didn't make top 10
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:11am On Oct 25, 2023
A40:
Devin Booker is ridiculous. Shocking he didn't make top 10

He's so underrated
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:16am On Oct 25, 2023
KNIGHTBlaed:

He's so underrated
The entire NBA media is completely blind to his abilities at this point. Cos after watching what he played last post season you're putting SGA in top 10 and leaving him out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:16am On Oct 25, 2023
Lol. Warriors
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:01am On Oct 25, 2023
This chris Paul experiment might actually work.
And no one is beating Denver in the western conference.....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Cvxxx: 5:13am On Oct 26, 2023
Wembanyama doesn't have the x factor the media seems to propagate. Only time will tell. Not bad for his rookie debut night. 15 points
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:09am On Oct 27, 2023
Cvxxx:
Wembanyama doesn't have the x factor the media seems to propagate. Only time will tell. Not bad for his rookie debut night. 15 points

Did you watch the game, or are you talking from seeing stats. He shot the ball only 9 times throughout the game. The ball hogs on the Spurs lost them that game. If they had just played the one unstoppable match-up they had, they would have won
That is the issue with being a big man. You need someone else to get you the ball, and if they don't, then you might just be there for the ride.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:19am On Oct 27, 2023
Finally, the truth is coming out. I kept saying it that players who are paid millions just don't sit without a directive from management. Now the league is saying that the load based policy was based on league wide studies done that it could help reduce injuries. Owners were the drivers behind that policy, and if I was them I would do the same. If you are told that resting your franchise player for 10-15 games a year can not only help reduce injuries to said player, but can increase the chance of prolonging the backend of their prime by 3-4 yrs. As the money man anyone will implement that policy all day long.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 2:24am On Oct 27, 2023
Skrrrrrrr:
This chris Paul experiment might actually work.
And no one is beating Denver in the western conference.....

Based on just the one game, you can clearly see why they made the move. The kind of 2-man game him and Saric played during those bench minutes looks promising. Also if Kuminga,Moody and Saric improves their finishing in the paint and those GSW bench minutes that has been awful for like 3-4 years now will start looking respectable.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:53am On Oct 27, 2023
By the time we get to the All Star games, Nick Nurse would have worked Embiid into a better condition. He had the Sixers running and constantly moving which is different from what Embiid has ever done.
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 2:55am On Oct 27, 2023
This game has more twirls and turns than a yoyo, The Bucks have to nick this to quickly stamp their authority in the East, Thank God Lillard finally gave himself sense
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 3:05am On Oct 27, 2023
Nah Dame is a born scorer
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:37am On Oct 27, 2023
Bucks and Sixers game looking like a playoff game...Very interesting...

Damedolla....I see you smiley wink

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:03am On Oct 27, 2023
Slimreaper!!

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Cvxxx: 6:55am On Oct 27, 2023
Khanben:

Did you watch the game, or are you talking from seeing stats. He shot the ball only 9 times throughout the game. The ball hogs on the Spurs lost them that game. If they had just played the one unstoppable match-up they had, they would have won
That is the issue with being a big man. You need someone else to get you the ball, and if they don't, then you might just be there for the ride.

i did watch the match. Victor w. Only came Alive in the 4q. He gave them hope and momentum but ivring and Luka d. Outclassed the spurs in the last 2 minutes
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:07am On Oct 27, 2023
Cvxxx:
Hmm. Coincidence?

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 9:09am On Oct 27, 2023
Lool they barred Harden from joining the team plane.

I just want to know what GM with sense would even consider Harden after all this drama. It's like marrying the neighborhood bicycle but thinking she would make exception and be loyal for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 11:04am On Oct 27, 2023
I no kuku follow una hype Victor. The hype is strange to me. We know players that have had similar type of hype coming into the NBA prior. LeBron, Magic, Zion, etc. Even from their very first game, they showed us that the hype was warranted. We can't be comparing Tim Duncan's 1st game stats to Victor's when the hype for both players can't even be compared grin

Make Victor sha average 20 and 10 o. Anything other than that is a bust if we're going by the hype.
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2023
Season just started and I'm loving it already. Sub defo repaying itself, you get your moneys worth. One thing for sure, I will be watching a lot of Victor Wenbayama. cheesy

And ain't no point hating on LeBron for whatever reason, no one is able to do what he is doing for 21 years in the NBA.

Give the man his flowers, he is the G.O.A.T!

Admittedly it would have been tougher had DB played for Suns, but hey it is what it is. LeBron just took charge like only he could. Same play twice in a row.

Not sure what Lakers plan are, but trying to manage his court time to keep him fresh and not getting a serious baller off the bench (or even in starting line-up - AD ain't cutting it for me yet) is gonna be a tough task.

Game was filled with terrible shooting but KD and LeBron stood out. That's who most came to watch and they didn't disappoint. Massive respect.

4 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 11:10am On Oct 27, 2023
Cvxxx:
You watch the game so? cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 11:15am On Oct 27, 2023
steady986:
I no kuku follow una hype Victor. The hype is strange to me. We know players that have had similar type of hype coming into the NBA prior. LeBron, Magic, Zion, etc. Even from their very first game, they showed us that the hype was warranted. We can't be comparing Tim Duncan's 1st game stats to Victor's when the hype for both players can't even be compared grin

Make Victor sha average 20 and 10 o. Anything other than that is a bust if we're going by the hype.
Boy is 19 in a foreign league. Chill bro. cheesy

Spurs' Victor Wembanyama puts up nearly identical stats as Tim Duncan in his debut
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/spurs-victor-wembanyama-puts-up-nearly-identical-stats-as-tim-duncan-in-his-debut/

It's not hype, the boy is giving it his all.
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 11:20am On Oct 27, 2023
And Damian Lillard to Bucks looks like one good piece of business. Man was electric in his first game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) (2156) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.