Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2152) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629797 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:51am On Oct 20, 2023
Attention brethren, nairaleague 2023/24 drafts this saturday shocked. I already know who will miss it, due to partying the night before, only to report halfway thru the draft and ask for redo grin

If your name is below, I reupped you. I will also try to ping your email. If you are interested in joing, ping me as well, I can add you in!

aliondo
birdman
donlittle25
Hardetayour
Hohenheim
Joephemzyz
Killrhymz
KNIGHTBlaed
SmooshCHN
steady986

Draft order should be set by friday morning. as usual winner from last year picks first, but we will try to make it more fair starting round 2 of the draft
Re: The NBA Begins by FBS: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ready for the new season. Bring it on! cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
How is Devin Booker not in the ESPN top 10? Based on last season's playoff alone he has to easily be on that list.

They're telling us SGA is better than Devin Booker? Lowkey that's one cat whose abilities have been taken for granted for some time now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 1:06pm On Oct 20, 2023
birdman:
Attention brethren, nairaleague 2023/24 drafts this saturday shocked. I already know who will miss it, due to partying the night before, only to report halfway thru the draft and ask for redo grin

If your name is below, I reupped you. I will also try to ping your email. If you are interested in joing, ping me as well, I can add you in!

aliondo
birdman
donlittle25
Hardetayour
Hohenheim
Joephemzyz
Killrhymz
KNIGHTBlaed
SmooshCHN
steady986

Draft order should be set by friday morning. as usual winner from last year picks first, but we will try to make it more fair starting round 2 of the draft

I want to be add
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
chic2pimp:

The Harper vs Trout arguments always comes up at times like these. I'm sorry but Mike has to find way to leave the Angels within the next year or two. Ohtani is most certainly gone next year.

Ohtani should go to the Dodgers.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 8:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
A40:
How is Devin Booker not in the ESPN top 10? Based on last season's playoff alone he has to easily be on that list.

They're telling us SGA is better than Devin Booker? Lowkey that's one cat whose abilities have been taken for granted for some time now

Anthony Edward at 13 while they have Ja at 35.

Ridiculous.

Shai did play some wonderful ball last season tho.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
Honlucas:

I want to be add

I havent heard from 2 folks. If I cant reach them, I can assign a team to you. What is your email address
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
birdman:

I havent heard from 2 folks. If I cant reach them, I can assign a team to you. What is your email address

governorlucas@gmail.com
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Honlucas:

governorlucas@gmail.com

Check your email and accept invite. You can change team name to what you want, download the app, and get ready for tomorrows draft
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
birdman:

Check your email and accept invite. You can change team name to what you want, download the app, and get ready for tomorrows draft

Done
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:30am On Oct 21, 2023
larride:

Anthony Edward at 13 while they have Ja at 35.

Ridiculous.

Shai did play some wonderful ball last season tho.
Based on Ja's extra curricular activities I can understand why even though I don't get Anthony Edwards being as high as 13. He's not a top 15 player in that league I'm sorry. Ahead of Jaylen Brown? A joke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 12:49am On Oct 21, 2023
birdman:

aliondo
birdman
donlittle25
Hardetayour
Hohenheim
Joephemzyz
Killrhymz
KNIGHTBlaed
SmooshCHN
steady986

How can I participate?
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 12:51am On Oct 21, 2023
A40:
Based on Ja's extra curricular activities I can understand why even though I don't get Anthony Edwards being as high as 13. He's not a top 15 player in that league I'm sorry. Ahead of Jaylen Brown? A joke

I think Edward is ahead Lillard sef, I think DL is at 14 or so. ESPN dey gba. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by KNIGHTBlaed(m): 4:12am On Oct 21, 2023
larride:

How can I participate?

Drop your email. Commissioner Birdman will send you the invite
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 7:28am On Oct 21, 2023
Nba dudes will have to relearn all their ingrained angles with this Wembayama dude. His 8ft wingspan is just disrupting everything. You think he's out of position and all of a sudden that frame is contesting the shot. The nba needs to hope this dude stays healthy because if he does and fulfills his potential, he his going to make money for a lot of people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by SageWithSarcasm(m): 10:59am On Oct 21, 2023
Khanben:
Nba dudes will have to relearn all their ingrained angles with this Wembayama dude. His 8ft wingspan is just disrupting everything. You think he's out of position and all of a sudden that frame is contesting the shot. The nba needs to hope this dude stays healthy because if he does and fulfills his potential, he his going to make money for a lot of people
To imagine some people were smoking him already in his first game for the team grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 1:53pm On Oct 21, 2023
Khanben:
I am not challenging what you have said but is it because he blocked Klay Thompson in a preseason game?

Shots will get blocked here and there. Patrick Beverley had blocked Lebron if I am not mistaken.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:41pm On Oct 21, 2023
larride:

How can I participate?

send me your email.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2023
larride:

How can I participate?

yeah, send your email. we go don draft by then though, so you team will already be set. But the autopicker is usally better than humans, so... grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:31pm On Oct 21, 2023
Android17:
I am not challenging what you have said but is it because he blocked Klay Thompson in a preseason game?

Shots will get blocked here and there. Patrick Beverley had blocked Lebron if I am not mistaken.

It's not the blocks at all, it's the way guys have to change the arcs on their shot as soon as they feel him around.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:43pm On Oct 21, 2023
How did KNIGHTBlaed pick Ja Morant for free like this. Im shook. E be like sey na 3 peat embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2023
Draft complete! Week 1 is rivalry week, rematch of last years playoffs tongue

larride still waiting for your email...

aliondo
birdman
donlittle25
Honlucas
Hohenheim
Joephemzyz
Killrhymz
KNIGHTBlaed
SmooshCHN
steady986
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:03pm On Oct 21, 2023
larride:

Ohtani should go to the Dodgers.

Tbh they are one of the only teams that would be able to afford His wages.
Re: The NBA Begins by chic2pimp(m): 5:27pm On Oct 21, 2023
Roland17:

Trout would always get the nudge over Harper because he is better and that’s the truth. However, Trout’s career will be significantly tainted if he remains with the Angels and Harper goes ahead and wins a WS championship.

Trout’s situation is one that even the MLB tried to rescue. The MLB tried for 2 season to make him the face of the league but that failed because Mike doesn’t really care about the limelight. Now the league is struggling with a face, especially since F. Tatis Jr of the Padres has a lot of issues.

And yes l Ohatani is done with the Angels. I expect one of the traditional big teams (Red Sox/ Yankees/ Dodgers) to land him.

Trout is most definitely the better player without a shadow of doubt. If fully fit, Mike outperforms Harper 8 out of times over the course of the season however the the key word here is "If". With Trout's injury record over the last few seasons, I think the days of Him playing 140+ games are over as I only see His back problems getting worser as He ages.

Trout will go down as the better player but Harper will have the better legacy especially with his Post season performances. He needs to leave and go to team that gives Him a chance of contending but how many teams will be willing to pay His remaining guaranteed contract along with giving up prospects the Angels will undoubtedly demand? If you were guaranteed He would play 140+ games a year for the next 5-6 years, teams will literally give up their farm for Him unfortunately that's not the case any longer.

Yh trout does not have the charisma to pull off being one of the faces of league unfortunately. Tatis I reckon in the next one or two years will be back amongst the faces. His unfortunate drug problem is simply too recent. Ohtani, Harper, JRod and Probably Mookie(might be one or two are currently forgetting) are the faces of the league.

BTW both the NLCS and ALCS have been nothing short of amazing thus far. The battle for Texas and the Diamondbacks remarkable fight backs. Astonishing.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2023
birdman:

larride still waiting for your email...

aliondo
birdman
donlittle25
Honlucas
Hohenheim
Joephemzyz
Killrhymz
KNIGHTBlaed
SmooshCHN
steady986

Sent you a DM
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2023
larride:

Sent you a DM

Where?
Re: The NBA Begins by Kilishihunter: 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
birdman:

Please, there is no comparison to Porz. Dont do this again. Please apologize as well
Chief na the height and body frame I dey talk about ni ooh, If anyone read any different meaning to that statement abeg no vex
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:57pm On Oct 22, 2023
birdman:

Please, there is no comparison to Porz. Dont do this again. Please apologize as well

I swear I can show you a Porzingis highlight reel where he looks better than Victor
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2023
steady986:

I swear I can show you a Porzingis highlight reel where he looks better than Victor

thats why its called a highlight reel grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2023
birdman:

thats why its called a highlight reel grin

But na Porzingis still be the player. No be robot grin
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
birdman:

aliondo
birdman
donlittle25
Honlucas
Hohenheim
Joephemzyz
Killrhymz
KNIGHTBlaed
SmooshCHN
steady986

season begins tonight! dont forget to set your teams o, pls no stories that touch grin

sorry larride I couldnt open up one more spot in time for the draft, I didnt see your DM till late. positions had to be locked saturday morning undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 1:02am On Oct 25, 2023
Omo, this season go long o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) (2155) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.