Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,592 members, 7,827,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637614 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 8:14am On Jan 03
Roland17:

Good to read from you. I thought about you while I was watching him. You guys have a great franchise player in the guy!

What an interesting game....Good to hear from you bro.... Compliments of the season......
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick93(m): 8:32am On Jan 03
Shai or Embid for MVP. Who wins? Other contenders Jokic, Luka, Giannis
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:59am On Jan 03
etidy:
The Thunder over the past few weeks have beaten the Nuggets in Denver twice, warriors twice, blew out the Timberwolves, blew out the Clippers, comfortably beat the Knicks, and tonight they took out the Boston Celtics.

Experience is the only reason I won't label them a little contender yet.

And lost to the Lakers. What does that make the Lakers? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 11:00am On Jan 03
Roland17:
Our 3rd quarters have been a source of concern for me throughout this season. But you have to give it up to the Thunder, that is a good team.

A very good team. Their starting 5 can get buckets anytime.

They seem to match up well with most teams. I'll see how they perform in the playoff (I expected them to be top 4 in the west at the end of the regular season).
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:38pm On Jan 04
greypencils:
At this point, I might just get me a Shai jersey. What is beautiful about people like him, Giannis, Jokic, Kawhi and other draft steals is that no one sees them coming. People are distracted by the top draft picks, the likes of Zion, Ja & Lamelo Ball while others slowly cook and become better with every game. Someone like Shai just plays his game effectively, no show-boating, no muscle-flexing, no trash talking none of all that nonsense. Those are people after my heart, diamonds in the rough not those hyped by the media.
He's not a 3pt spammer either. One of those that understand a made 2 >> missed 3

Nice all round games and leading a bunch of young unknowns to playoff contention

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:05pm On Jan 04
I know our Undisputed, undefeated Calabash Cup champions are not under .500

Say it ain't so undecided shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 7:29pm On Jan 04
A40:

Ajala refused to show up for postgame interview. Dem say him dey send message to ownership so they can get more help...

They constructed, reconstructed, deconstructed, demolished, renovated, assembled, disassembled, reassembled rosters nearly every 6 months because of you..

Alaye, if the Lakers have any sense, they should be exploring trade options for Ajala.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04
Roland17:

Ajala refused to show up for postgame interview. Dem say him dey send message to ownership so they can get more help...

They constructed, reconstructed, deconstructed, demolished, renovated, assembled, disassembled, reassembled rosters nearly every 6 months because of you..

Alaye, if the Lakers have any sense, they should be exploring trade options for Ajala.
Always needing more help every season without fail. This myth that he makes teams better must die by fire. If Rob Pelinka had any sense that God gave geese he would package him to any mugu team that still thinks he can be the best player on a title winning team.

This was a team everyone swore won the free agency. They didn't need help to deconstruct and reconstruct after that Calabash tournament. I've never seen a player that won't just work with what he has like every other player in the history of basketball. Always jumping from pillar to post.

Thank God no injury excuses this year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:19pm On Jan 04
Special shout to the Clippers. They've been silently creeping up to 4th seed. 9 games above .500 incredible turnaround by T.Lue and the squad.

Let's see who stays healthy and more importantly shows up as the season moves along

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:14pm On Jan 04
A40:
Always needing more help every season without fail. This myth that he makes teams better must die by fire. If Rob Pelinka had any sense that God gave geese he would package him to any mugu team that still thinks he can be the best player on a title winning team.

This was a team everyone swore won the free agency. They didn't need help to deconstruct and reconstruct after that Calabash tournament. I've never seen a player that won't just work with what he has like every other player in the history of basketball. Always jumping from pillar to post.

Thank God no injury excuses this year

That one go still come at the end of the season, dey watch. With the heavy minutes he is playing, I will be shocked if that excuse if not dialed. What do the Lakers even have as asset to trade at this point? DLO? AD is untouchable, Hachimura? Reeves? Abi na the injured Gabe Vincent?

I mean look at their draft stock/ capital, it doesn't look promising either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 11:34pm On Jan 04
A40:

Wetin Lakers and Lebron do you now? grin
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 11:36pm On Jan 04
Roland17:

That one go still come at the end of the season, dey watch. With the heavy minutes he is playing, I will be shocked if that excuse if not dialed. What do the Lakers even have as asset to trade at this point? DLO? AD is untouchable, Hachimura? Reeves? Abi na the injured Gabe Vincent?

DLO and Hachimura are both beans.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:33am On Jan 05
This Bucks defense is worrying. This kind of defensive weakness dont win championship.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:31am On Jan 05
Jokic with the buzzer 3 shot to win it for the Nuggets.

This man is impossible. Excellent timeout by Malone after Murray got the steal. If na Mazzulla, he will keep the timeout and save it in the bank!
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 8:46am On Jan 05
Roland17:
Jokic with the buzzer 3 shot to win it for the Nuggets.

This man is impossible. Excellent timeout by Malone after Murray got the steal. If na Mazzulla, he will keep the timeout and save it in the bank!

Warriors lead in that 4th quarter was 18pts before I decided to sleep just to wake up to get notification that they lost by 3pts. Like how. shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 9:54am On Jan 05
From the Giannis vs Wemby showdown to a late masterpiece from Jokic, Gordon and the Nuggets, coupled with another choke job from the Warriors. Premium entertainment, I'm glad I woke up early this morning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05
Roland17:

They have made their bed and they should lie on it. Maybe they move AD for some picks after this year cos who else? I'm not giving up anything for Hachimura, Reaves or Vincent.

We were told LeMickey makes people better. Well time to show and prove
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:57pm On Jan 05
larride:

Warriors lead in that 4th quarter was 18pts before I decided to sleep just to wake up to get notification that they lost by 3pts. Like how. shocked
I feel really bad for Golden State. That buzzer beater just sums up their whole season. They didn't even get the chance to lose in overtime
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:58pm On Jan 05
larride:

Wetin Lakers and Lebron do you now? grin
With praise must come criticism. We're here to provide balance
Re: The NBA Begins by shagie07: 8:11pm On Jan 05
Liverpool Vs Newcastle 4 - 2 Incredible Match | Salah 2 Goals Highlights 2023/2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ptIct54-kM
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 12:08am On Jan 06
A40:
I feel really bad for Golden State. That buzzer beater just sums up their whole season. They didn't even get the chance to lose in overtime

Maybe they need to be in Total shambles before they admit, they are a fvcked up team.
And I am starting to wonder how Kerr coached thus team to 4 rings. Dude had no qualms Benching Iguodala and Lee for Draymond and Barnes.
Why the reluctance to make lineup changes when the OGs are messing up. Imagine keeping Kuminga on the Bench because Fvcking wiggins was on the floor. Dude was on a tear....
Also, Paul isn't an NBA starter anymore. Moody has been getting DNPs...

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:53am On Jan 06
National Blowout Association
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:19am On Jan 06
A40:
They have made their bed and they should lie on it. Maybe they move AD for some picks after this year cos who else? I'm not giving up anything for Hachimura, Reaves or Vincent.

We were told LeMickey makes people better. Well time to show and prove

Move AD ahead of Ajala? Naaaaa

Ajala has a player option after this season, opting in will depend on where Bronny lands, if he declares for the draft after this season. Why move AD for a player who may not opt in after this season and will be 40 by next year? Bronny isn't a lottery pick nor a first round pick this year, at best, a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

What would be the fate of the Lakers, if Pelinka moves AD just to please Ajala and Ajala, true to his name decides not to opt in after this season, so he can play for the team that drafts Bronny? I can assure you Pelinka will get fired and will never get another gig in the NBA as GM. The Lakers need to be smart, call his bluffs this season and trade him after this season.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:41am On Jan 06
Darvin Ham needs to go. I've seen enough.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:08am On Jan 06
Skrrrrrrr:

Maybe they need to be in Total shambles before they admit, they are a fvcked up team.
And I am starting to wonder how Kerr coached thus team to 4 rings. Dude had no qualms Benching Iguodala and Lee for Draymond and Barnes.
Why the reluctance to make lineup changes when the OGs are messing up. Imagine keeping Kuminga on the Bench because Fvcking wiggins was on the floor. Dude was on a tear....
Also, Paul isn't an NBA starter anymore. Moody has been getting DNPs...
The team needs to be torn down. They're still believing they are title contenders and it's sad

Kuminga don yari bi aboki. Did you see him cheering that Peyton Watson 3 on the sidelines?

What the hell is wrong with Wiggins btw? I'm starting to believe they knacked his girl and put another man baby on him fr fr. Nothing else can explain this collapse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:21am On Jan 06
Roland17:

Move AD ahead of Ajala? Naaaaa

Ajala has a player option after this season, opting in will depend on where Bronny lands, if he declares for the draft after this season. Why move AD for a player who may not opt in after this season and will be 40 by next year? Bronny isn't a lottery pick nor a first round pick this year, at best, a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

What would be the fate of the Lakers, if Pelinka moves AD just to please Ajala and Ajala, true to his name decides not to opt in after this season, so he can play for the team that drafts Bronny? I can assure you Pelinka will get fired and will never get another gig in the NBA as GM. The Lakers need to be smart, call his bluffs this season and trade him after this season.
I was just spitballing tbh. Personally I would want LeMickey to opt out if I could and accept a full on rebuild

The load of expectations on a team led by a 40 year old LeMickey that keeps dropping empty calorie numbers that has fans erroneously demanding title contention will take years off Pelinka's life

I didn't expect them to be this bad. I mean everyone swore they won the offseason

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 8:27am On Jan 06
I just have to troll. Come on! LAL is on a 2-8? Weren't they in-season champs? That's proof that the tournament is completely useless and attracts no respect. You play a maximum of 7-8 games and you have yourself a trophy. The winners might have won some money but that is all it is. No respect whatsoever. You can't ever compare that to an NBA title. And that idea of making in-season champs an automatic lock for playoffs should be dead already. You hustle for 8 games then rest till the playoffs. Who is fooling who?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06
CP3 has a fractured hand

Buddy might be cursed fr
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:14pm On Jan 06
What will you say for yourself Mr Roland if Jordan Love succeeds in his first season where Aaron Fraudgers has failed his last year in GB and gets the Packers to the playoffs
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:55pm On Jan 06
A40:
What will you say for yourself Mr Roland if Jordan Love succeeds in his first season where Aaron Fraudgers has failed his last year in GB and gets the Packers to the playoffs

Abeg no jinx us, I have been praying about tomorrow, considering we were in a similar situation last year.

To your question, it doesn’t move a needle or change anything. The GOAT has achieved everything there is to achieve.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:04am On Jan 07
Roland17:

Abeg no jinx us, I have been praying about tomorrow, considering we were in a similar situation last year.

To your question, it doesn’t move a needle or change anything. The GOAT has achieved everything there is to achieve.
Of course. 1 Superbowl every 18 year average is quite the achievement
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:59pm On Jan 07
I know this might sound absurd but Shai Gilgeous is a better player than Reggie Miller ever was. But one of them is a HOFamer and a top 75 player of all time. This is what we talk about when discussing eras. We look though their Wikipedia page and see that one was a Hall of famer and think he might have been better, but the reality is he wasn't. And Reggie Miller didn't win any championships so we can't use championships as an excuse to put him higher than Shai Gilgeous. Reggie Miller was a 5x all-stars and a 3x all NBA (all third teams). Shai Gilgeous has already made 1st team all NBA and is on course to make it this year again.

Why am I saying all this? It just goes to show you that the level of talent in this era is ridiculous. If Shai Gilgeous plays 3-5 more years at this level, it still might not be enough to get him in the top 75 of all time. This is not a discredit to Reggie Miller though. He was a great player in his era. But the truth is that his era was bereft of talent such that it was easy for him to stand out. That's just my take though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: greypencils, carbonado(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.