Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1637940 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) ... (2224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:21pm On Jan 12
A40:
Second night of a back to back that went to OT. Won't read too much into this L. Pretty much a scheduled loss

I knew coming into the game that they would be slow out of the gates because of Wolves game but to get blown out like that in the first half was annoying.

Tomorrows game against the Rockets is a game Mazzulla has circled. Ime returns home and is goi g to get a loud ovation which will irritate Mazzulla. Mazzulla pulled the the entire first team after the first half because of tomorrows game against the Rockets.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 2:15am On Jan 14
TD Garden.... One of the most difficult places to play.

J.T....I see you wink
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:34am On Jan 14
aliondo:
TD Garden.... One of the most difficult places to play.

J.T....I see you wink

Mazzulla circled this game. He pulled the entire first team out at halftime in the blow out loss to the Bucks. He is going against Ime Udoka, a beloved coach in Boston.. he would have a heart attack if he loses to Ime in Boston.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:36am On Jan 14
JB cooking
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:00am On Jan 14
Don't worry Warriors fans, we're in this together sad

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 10:14pm On Jan 14
steady986:
Don't worry Warriors fans, we're in this together sad

Mid consoling mid. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Markswag101: 1:21am On Jan 15
This cowboys beat down too sweet, stephen a might OD tomorrow grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by etidy: 9:19am On Jan 15
The packers not only making the playoffs but excelling with a qb who is playing as starter for the first time.
Aaron Rodgers is not beating those fraud allegations. grin grin

The Goat left the patriots and they have not been the same.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:48am On Jan 16
Where is Roland? You can see instant transformation after moving from Aaron Fraudgers. The Cowboys you needed nail biters and occasional ojoro to beat Jordan Love is beating them easily
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:11am On Jan 16
A40:
Where is Roland? You can see instant transformation after moving from Aaron Fraudgers. The Cowboys you needed nail biters and occasional ojoro to beat Jordan Love is beating them easily

Back off you disciple of the tap dancer! The GOAT owned the Cowboys like he owned Bears.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:03am On Jan 16
The Grizzlies with only J. Jackson as the starter in the entire lineup just whooped the Warriors.. Worsestill, the Warriors had the full compliment of their starting rotation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:20am On Jan 16
Roland17:
The Grizzlies with only J. Jackson as the starter in the entire lineup just whooped the Warriors.. Worsestill, the Warriors had the full compliment of their starting rotation.

Something is really wrong with that Warriors team. Steve Kerr might just be the first casualty.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 3:40am On Jan 16
shocked

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:00am On Jan 16
etidy:
The packers not only making the playoffs but excelling with a qb who is playing as starter for the first time.
Aaron Rodgers is not beating those fraud allegations. grin grin

The Goat left the patriots and they have not been the same.
There are levels to this
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:01am On Jan 16
The Warriors tricked themselves that they were still contenders. They're so cooked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:50am On Jan 16
Going into this game, Vegas had the Lakers at a ½ point win over the Thunder 😁 It's obvious these people see things that we mere mortals don't see because who picks the sorry as* Lakers to win against the Thunder?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:37am On Jan 16
greypencils:
Shai is just getting started. Give him some years of consistency before having this discussion. Remember, beyond RM's individual accolades, allstars and all NBAs, he was once number one on the alltime 3pt list. He is also 22nd on the All-time scoring list. Him being top 75 is largely a function of the latter stats. SGA can't crack top 75 until he has won an MVP, and several all NBAs or until he has spent a number of years and reached a significant level on the Alltime scoring list. Rather than shitting on Reggie Miller, why don't we dissect reasons why AD and Damian Lillard is on the 75 list and TMac isnt? They are of this current era, aren't they? What are their accolades? Also, Derrick Rose, at his peak was MVP which is better than being all NBA. Why isn't he on the top 75 list? Consistency! Longevity! Give Shai some years to prove himself. Until then, Reggie Miller is untouchable.

I'm not arguing greatness. Reggie's greatest is sacrosanct. That's why I used the term better basketball player. When people compare LeBron and MJ, they often bring up terms like Longevity stat. Reggie's career has earned him a spot in the HOF and as one of the greatest of all time. But I just gave you Shai numbers. None of Reggie's peak years can be compared to what Shai is doing this year or what he did last year. Heck, throw in two years ago. That's 3 years of Shai that Reggie can't touch. And Shai looks like he can only get better. You and I watch enough of Shai, and we watched Reggie, can you tell me with a square face that this Shai is not a better basketball player than Reggie was?

It's just like comparing Jokic and a David Robinson for instance. When you look at Robinson's Wikipedia page and you see 2x champion, 1x MVP, 10x all-star, 10x all-NBA, DPOY, 8x all-defense, you'd want to think that he was a better player than Jokic currently is. Don't be fooled grin Jokic is the better player. And I'm sure 85% of the people in this thread would agree with me. I chose both as an example because they've both won at least a title and have both been MVP. Just the same way I chose Shai and Reggie because they have neither of those 2 accolades. So the comparison won't be lopsided.

And talking about the top 75, AD and Dame deserve to be on that list, as well as TMac and Dwight and Klay and a couple of others. But there's only room for 75. We should blame the NBA for not wanting to remove some of the guys who were in the top 50 previously so they could make space for greater players. I can understand why they didn't though, so they don't make "great" players ungreat smiley

As for Derrick Rose, come on man grin Having one or two good years shouldn't be enough to get you in the top 75. MVP or not. I'd take Dwight Howard before I take D Rose in that top 75
Re: The NBA Begins by Honlucas: 8:36am On Jan 16
steady986:
Going into this game, Vegas had the Lakers at a ½ point win over the Thunder 😁 It's obvious these people see things that we mere mortals don't see because who picks the sorry as* Lakers to win against the Thunder?

Sorry to say I played Lakers to win against thunder..
It was 2.12 odd just play the single game
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 10:06am On Jan 16
steady986:

I'm not arguing greatness. Reggie's greatest is sacrosanct. That's why I used the term better basketball player. When people compare LeBron and MJ, they often bring up terms like Longevity stat. Reggie's career has earned him a spot in the HOF and as one of the greatest of all time. But I just gave you Shai numbers. None of Reggie's peak years can be compared to what Shai is doing this year or what he did last year. Heck, throw in two years ago. That's 3 years of Shai that Reggie can't touch. And Shai looks like he can only get better. You and I watch enough of Shai, and we watched Reggie, can you tell me with a square face that this Shai is not a better basketball player than Reggie was?

It's just like comparing Jokic and a David Robinson for instance. When you look at Robinson's Wikipedia page and you see 2x champion, 1x MVP, 10x all-star, 10x all-NBA, DPOY, 8x all-defense, you'd want to think that he was a better player than Jokic currently is. Don't be fooled grin Jokic is the better player. And I'm sure 85% of the people in this thread would agree with me. I chose both as an example because they've both won at least a title and have both been MVP. Just the same way I chose Shai and Reggie because they have neither of those 2 accolades. So the comparison won't be lopsided.

And talking about the top 75, AD and Dame deserve to be on that list, as well as TMac and Dwight and Klay and a couple of others. But there's only room for 75. We should blame the NBA for not wanting to remove some of the guys who were in the top 50 previously so they could make space for greater players. I can understand why they didn't though, so they don't make "great" players ungreat smiley

As for Derrick Rose, come on man grin Having one or two good years shouldn't be enough to get you in the top 75. MVP or not. I'd take Dwight Howard before I take D Rose in that top 75
Between Shai and Jimmy Butler, who would you describe as the better baller? I would choose Jimmy despite the fact that he has never been first team All NBA. I would choose Jimmy because he is battle tested and has come out clutch in 3 Eastern Conference finals in 4 years. To me, 1st team All NBA means nothing. The likes of Luka and Shai put up good stats because they are the ones handling the ball mostly in their respective teams. MVPs, All NBAs, All Stars are regular season popularity contests. The playoffs is everything. The playoffs reveal who the real ballers are. Your nerves in game 7s,That's what determines the real ballers. Why do you think Embiid commands no respect irrespective of his high PPGs during regular season? If I was to choose between Embiid and Jimmy Butler, I will still choose Butler.
So your argument for Shai against Reggie Miller still holds no water. Reggie wasn't flashy, no First team All NBAs, no MVPs, no rings but he was a dog during playoffs. This is aside his longevity stats as you call it. Don't also forget, there was serious defence during Miller's time which also affected his PPG.
Give Shai time to prove himself. Until then, he is just another Trae Young without the showboating.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:20pm On Jan 16
Roland17:

Back off you disciple of the tap dancer! The GOAT owned the Cowboys like he owned Bears.
1 Superbowl in 18 years. Pathetic

Small boy Mahomes already has more playoff wins
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:05am On Jan 17
greypencils:
Between Shai and Jimmy Butler, who would you describe as the better baller? I would choose Jimmy despite the fact that he has never been first team All NBA. I would choose Jimmy because he is battle tested and has come out clutch in 3 Eastern Conference finals in 4 years. To me, 1st team All NBA means nothing. The likes of Luka and Shai put up good stats because they are the ones handling the ball mostly in their respective teams. MVPs, All NBAs, All Stars are regular season popularity contests. The playoffs is everything. The playoffs reveal who the real ballers are. Your nerves in game 7s,That's what determines the real ballers. Why do you think Embiid commands no respect irrespective of his high PPGs during regular season? If I was to choose between Embiid and Jimmy Butler, I will still choose Butler.
So your argument for Shai against Reggie Miller still holds no water. Reggie wasn't flashy, no First team All NBAs, no MVPs, no rings but he was a dog during playoffs. This is aside his longevity stats as you call it. Don't also forget, there was serious defence during Miller's time which also affected his PPG.
Give Shai time to prove himself. Until then, he is just another Trae Young without the showboating.

I would take prime Jimmy over Shai. I would take prime Jimmy over Reggie too grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:07am On Jan 17
Honlucas:

Sorry to say I played Lakers to win against thunder..
It was 2.12 odd just play the single game

I'm sure you were ready to lose that money grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:25am On Jan 17
An exciting game between the Clippers and Thunder
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:31pm On Jan 17
Masai is going into the ski mask Hall of Fame

3 first rounders for Siakam is absurd shocked
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17
Man, so sad to hear of the passing of Dejan Milojevic. I never expected it to come to this when I first heard of the event at the GS dinner. The NBA should postpone all games today as a sign of respect.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 12:21am On Jan 18
steady986:
Man, so sad to hear of the passing of Dejan Milojevic. I never expected it to come to this when I first heard of the event at the GS dinner. The NBA should postpone all games today as a sign of respect.

He was known as the modern big man whisperer. He was integral in the development of Jokic and has a special relationship with Jokic. The Warriors hoped he could help in the development of Wiseman after they drafted him. A sad day.. I always tell men, please Take care of your health.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:29am On Jan 18
Wemby is special! His instincts with the ball is quite high.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:02am On Jan 18
That's more like it, Lakers. More like it.
Re: The NBA Begins by yinkeys(m): 5:42am On Jan 18
It’s a struggle to stay up at night trying to watch games
Re: The NBA Begins by yinkeys(m): 7:32am On Jan 18
Can anyone list players at any point in history from our local league drafted to NBA grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2170) (2171) (2172) (2173) (2174) (2175) (2176) ... (2224) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.