Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1629936 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:05am On Apr 21
I fully understand AD now. Even why he has yoyo games. He doesnt want that smoke, and has never wanted it. He wants to play in rhythm, and will never really go get the points. Case in point, tonight. If you look at the box score, great. But if you watched him all game, guy man was coasting. He could easily have ended up with 13 pts or 43pts
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:07am On Apr 21
I think it comes down to Efficiency.
The Nuggets do not faff around, they'd win a close game 9 out of 10 times. And any lead that isn't double digit is basically useless.
The lakers have 2 out of 3 of the best players in the series, however, they lack Efficiency down the stretch. The Nuggets always expose LeBron. He doesn't have the gas to keep up with them for 4 quarters....
It all boils down to AD. LeBron cannot do anything against the Nuggets and its not for lack of trying...

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:09am On Apr 21
birdman:

Anybody can be cold blooded when up by 10. This was not a convincing win imo. Lakets lost that mental edge in the 3rd as Lebron gassed out and chucked that parking lot 3.

Lol. Non of their wins against you guys have been convincing. But they always win....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 4:14am On Apr 21
Bring out the broom and sweep these losers 4:0. Make everybody rest. Lakers my arse.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 4:24am On Apr 21
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. Non of their wins against you guys have been convincing. But they always win....

Nuggets always just weathered the first 2 quarters storm and then take control of the game when Lebron is gassed and that's it.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 4:27am On Apr 21
I am still wondering at the wisdom in announcing the US basketball team for the Olympics now. The playoffs are just starting and I bet half of that team would be banged up by the time the playoffs is done. Embiid is down already. What grounds would they now have to get fitting replacements for the Olympics considering the pride of these superstars? Someone like Kyrie that has already voiced his displeasure in their picking a team without trials, I bet he would be declining any offer to replace any guard injured during the playoffs. Most superstars would do likewise.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 4:49am On Apr 21
birdman:

Anybody can be cold blooded when up by 10. This was not a convincing win imo. Lakets lost that mental edge in the 3rd as Lebron gassed out and chucked that parking lot 3.
Did you watch the game? He was the single most important factor in turning the game around in the 2nd quarter.

A key block and 9 pts when they were down 12.

Not a convincing win is a very funny claim to make. A team won with double digits with 0 Free throws in a half. The second fewest free throws in a playoff win ever. Lol woe betide the next Laker fan who cries about officiating

If the win is convincing nko? 9 wins in a row? Anyway that's irrelevant.
No one will preface it with convincing or non convincing. Series has just begun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 8:53am On Apr 21
cry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 11:03am On Apr 21
birdman:

That's exactly how it happened last year series and this seasons matches.
At this point Denver are playing the Lakers like a Heavyweight champion who takes his time and wait for his killing blow.
Lakers started the game like a house on fire, AD and Lebron especially looked liked a beast in that first half. They matched the Nuggets speed for speed and blitz them at times.
Jokic and the Nuggets bidded their time, they knew it wasn't sustainable. Lebron is 39 he can't keep up that pace and Nuggets are the masters of the fourth quarter.
At this point it's also psychological.
Nuggets wants to beat Lakers any time they meet, psychologically they have instilled that fear and superiority over the Lakers which makes even if they are down by 20, they know they can claw them back.
Lakers and Lebron know. Nuggets are their masters and kryptonite.
It's going to be mission impossible for them to win this series

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 11:10am On Apr 21
A40:
Lol he was awful in the elimination games of back to back playoffs though.

It's his team so he's under the most pressure if you ask me. KD's legacy is set, no one thinks he's GOAT tier, I have him as a top 25, he won't dip much lower even if they lose, nobody expects nothing from Beal but Booker is someone that has HOF potential based on his talent and skill level.

It would definitely be quite the bummer if he doesn't make it there but without a ring or another Finals appearance we are looking at potentially another Kevin Johnson scenario (who should be a HOFer IMO)

You are right. Suns better be ready to get down and dirty. I saw Antman playing some bully ball and talking trash to KD, they have guys that can make KD very uncomfortable
Suns have the better offensive game while the Wolves are better defensively.
This series is going to be close.
Booker will go off for 40+ points game in one of the home ties. KD is walking bucket.
Not forgetting Beal and Allen.
Antman had a good game. He's young and talented but he also has tunnel vision at times.
His first instinct is always to go on a dribble and refuses to pass to a better option.
That main man syndrome is the only thing holding him back from reaching his full potential.
But he's still young so he will figure it out most likely
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 11:56am On Apr 21
A40:
Did you watch the game? He was the single most important factor in turning the game around in the 2nd quarter.

A key block and 9 pts when they were down 12.

Not a convincing win is a very funny claim to make. A team won with double digits with 0 Free throws in a half. The second fewest free throws in a playoff win ever. Lol woe betide the next Laker fan who cries about officiating

If the win is convincing nko? 9 wins in a row? Anyway that's irrelevant.
No one will preface it with convincing or non convincing. Series has just begun

I know what I saw. If AD steps up they can win this. Tge reason Lebron gassed out early is because AD was passive in the screens he would set for Lebron, and kept deferring to Lebron to take over. This happened all first half. There is no way kcp, mpj and former mr chicago have better firepower than lakers cast!
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 1:05pm On Apr 21
birdman:

I know what I saw. If AD steps up they can win this. Tge reason Lebron gassed out early is because AD was passive in the screens he would set for Lebron, and kept deferring to Lebron to take over. This happened all first half. There is no way kcp, mpj and former mr chicago have better firepower than lakers cast!

Lol.
Una no dey ever tire. AD was arguably the best player in the game but he still needs to step up.
But when they wins, it's because of LeBron.
Damned if he plays well, damned if he doesn't....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:42pm On Apr 21
birdman:

Your AD hate no dey necessary today. No one on that roster played better defense and protected the rim better than AD last night. What else do you want him to do?

Ajala is 39, played heavy minutes throughout the regular, as he continued to stat pad, so it is only natural he is gassed out by the first and this will continue and even get worse. Let Ajala also set screens. Let them also call plays for AD. He works his tail off defensively but when the Lakers lose it is because of AD.

Ajala offers nothing on defense, especially transition defense. How about the Lakers Bench? Outside of Reeves, what did bothers contribute? There is a reason the Nuggets swept the Lakers last season and finished 2nd seed this season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:50pm On Apr 21
Strong start for my Cs. I have been impressed by the defense more than anything. I am content with Hauser jacking up 3s, especially if he is knocking them down because that is his specialty. The small lineup with Big A has been impressive and the bench with Hauser and Pritchard have been good.
Re: The NBA Begins by Madups(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21
If you wan beat pikin wey fu$$ up.. Beat am small leave am now. Abi you go beat am wan come kill am?
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 7:50pm On Apr 21
Roland17:
Strong start for my Cs. I have been impressed by the defense more than anything. I am content with Hauser jacking up 3s, especially if he is knocking them down because that is his specialty. The small lineup with Big A has been impressive and the bench with Hauser and Pritchard have been good.

You guys want to kill Heats in game 1?

Make una calm down now. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21
birdman:

Lol your comments on MPJ makes me strongly doubt that you actually know what you saw.

If AD steps up? To where? If someone with 32/14/5 and only 1 turnover needs to step up

No mention of LeNomad and his killer turnovers, 7 of them. Which is why I've never taken his assists stats seriously btw

No mention of him going ghost mode in the 4th. I know what you are

I'm not here to argue who has better firepower than who. Good that you declare he has better firepower now so there are no excuses by his zealots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:05pm On Apr 21
larride:

You guys want to kill Heats in game 1?

Make una calm down now. grin

Only a sweep of the Heat will make it feel better. Again, this team has one goal and that is find its way to the championship. Anything less is failure.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:07pm On Apr 21
Roland17:

Your AD hate no dey necessary today. No one on that roster played better defense and protected the rim better than AD last night. What else do you want him to do?

Ajala is 39, played heavy minutes throughout the regular, as he continued to stat pad, so it is only natural he is gassed out by the first and this will continue and even get worse. Let Ajala also set screens. Let them also call plays for AD. He works his tail off defensively but when the Lakers lose it is because of AD.

Ajala offers nothing on defense, especially transition defense. How about the Lakers Bench? Outside of Reeves, what did bothers contribute? There is a reason the Nuggets swept the Lakers last season and finished 2nd seed this season.
Outside of being a step daddy there's no more thankless job than playing with Lebron.

Your accomplishments will be glossed over when you win and you will be solely cooked when you lose

I hope that bubble ring was worth the sacrifice for the mental health and peace of mind for AD

If not that I don't want Bronsexuals to have any excuses I for like AD to miss a game or two let me quickly check something.

Cos this AD blame game is becoming absurd. If LeNomad continues getting gassed out whose business? Retirement was invented for a reason. If he's adamant on quenching for court and playing till 50 he will not get any excuses for gassing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 8:20pm On Apr 21
No way Martin did not know that was dirty. Fam, you did not jump to win but set your back knowing Tatum was up. Naaa. That play was dirty and I am disappointed the refs did not see it that way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21
Clippers balling
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 9:08pm On Apr 21
Playoff Harden?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21
Harden balling for that contract!
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21
Is this the same Dallas some people were hyping?

8pts in a full quarter? Wtf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 9:47pm On Apr 21
Roland17:

Only a sweep of the Heat will make it feel better. Again, this team has one goal and that is find its way to the championship. Anything less is failure.

You guys should have it easy in the East at least to the conference final.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 10:09pm On Apr 21
Mavs are getting cooked.
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 10:26pm On Apr 21
Man Kyrie is such a fun player. Best handles and finishing 💯
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21
Show me a better ball handler and finisher at the rim….

Kyrie is magic.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 10:35pm On Apr 21
Roland17:
Show me a better ball handler and finisher at the rim….

Kyrie is magic.

A real life wizard.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 10:36pm On Apr 21
Mavs reduce the deficit to 15. Still a fair bit of time to play
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 10:38pm On Apr 21
BlueMann:

A real life wizard.

It just looks like an orchestra conducting a choir. The handles are very tight, irrespective of the traffic of bodies that surround him.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 10:42pm On Apr 21
Ty Lue brilliant out of a timeout again. Clippers have extended this one again. This one's done imo

(1) (2) (3) ... (2191) (2192) (2193) (2194) (2195) (2196) (2197) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.