Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2198) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1626663 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) ... (2208) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:38am On Apr 23
larride:

Which yeye tough love? grin

Murray made this game evry difficult for them.

Thankfully Davis was in foul trouble since the 3rd quarter and man was shut down.
I've been playing jedi mind tricks on this page all this time.

Go and check my posts when the Nuggets are losing. I condemn them to defeat and they respond. Right from last season grin

Works everytime
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:38am On Apr 23
A40:
They own their souls. I'd just quit the series if I'm the Lakers. How do you recover

The series is gone. They will keep asking themselves what else they need to do to win.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:39am On Apr 23
Roland17:
I knew the choke was on when the Lakers started wasting time with 8 minutes to go in the 4th. They were pretty much running the clock down to burn time.

Truly Nuggets sabi this 4th quarter.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:40am On Apr 23
This loss snatched whatever soul that is left of the Lakers. I mean, you could see the fear in their faces as the comeback started.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:41am On Apr 23
larride:

Truly Nuggets sabi this 4th quarter.

I come Dey pity Lakers…lol. The look on the faces of their players.. It was almost like they knew the inevitable was coming.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:41am On Apr 23
larride:

Who are we blaming today? grin

I feel like this could have been coached better. Going up by 20pts and then trying to eat the clock on each possession iced everybody

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:42am On Apr 23
Bruhh the way they marched like The White Walkers in GOT. This type of loss can force LeNomad to retirement.

How do you gameplan knowing no lead is safe. 10 straight losses

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:42am On Apr 23
birdman:

no doubt. These yellow cats are soft like charmin

BIRDMAN! BIRDMAN!!
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:43am On Apr 23
steady986:
If the Lakers are going to lose this game, it'll be because of turnovers and offensive rebounds.

Somebody do a welfare check on my man abeg grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:45am On Apr 23
A40:
Bruhh the way they marched like The White Walkers in GOT. This type of loss can force LeNomad to retirement.

Naaaa. He will be back next season to farm regular season with his stat padding..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:47am On Apr 23
The Nuggets are so thin. I don’t know if they can push this things with that type of bench. They are getting nothing and having to play starters very heavy minutes.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:50am On Apr 23
Roland17:

I come Dey pity Lakers…lol. The look on the faces of their players.. It was almost like they knew the inevitable was coming.

They really should've tanked that play-in game and avoided Nuggets at all cost and hope another team help them knock them out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:52am On Apr 23
Roland17:
The Nuggets are so thin. I don’t know if they can push this things with that type of bench. They are getting nothing and having to play starters very heavy minutes.

Really thin. Braun did later help with some crucial points though.

Jackson and Watson needs to chip in for them to stand any chance against a better team like Boston.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 6:01am On Apr 23
birdman:

CP3 got traded to htown like 2017? OKC has been in a rebuild for at least 5 or 6 seasons. I would have to googles to see how long but they tanked shamelessly when they needed to, and stacked that team with young guns.
You are wrong Sir.
OKC since drafting KD only missed the playoffs in the 07/08 and 08/09 seasons. They also missed it in 14/15 when KD had a season long injury. Since then, they never missed the playoffs until CP3 left after the 19/20 season. KD left 2016, Victor Oladipo joined Westbrook that same year at OKC. Paul George joined 2017 and was still there when Westbrook left 2018. Shai got drafted 2018 and played alongside George and Chris Paul who played the 2019/2020 season. Throughout this period, OKC never missed the playoffs.
They were 14th seed at the end of the 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. Josh Giddey was drafted 2021. Lugentz Dort went undrafted in the 2019 draft. Chet Holmgren & Jalen Williams were drafted in 22. These guys are the youngest team in the NBA after Spurs.

There was nothing patient about their rebuild. It was ultra swift and ultra effective, just two seasons of tanking. By 2023, they were in the Play-in. The one person they couldn't make use of last year, Holmgren was ready this year.
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 6:43am On Apr 23
larride:

Really thin. Braun did later help with some crucial points though.

Jackson and Watson needs to chip in for them to stand any chance against a better team like Boston.
I feel Timberwolves stand a better chance against Boston than Denver. That twin wall of Gobert and KAT will always be a problem. Also, there is nothing that Tatum and Brown can do that Antman can't do save for rebounding which he doesn't need to. They have also got a better bench than Denver. The only advantage that Boston has is their ability to knock off their opposition in 6 games or less while Denver, Clippers, OKC and Timberwolves all drag themselves into game 7s.
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 7:48am On Apr 23
larride:

If the Lakers choke this game, they should kiss the series goodbye.
Lol... Very predictable.
When I made that comment, I knew it was coming
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 7:54am On Apr 23
A40:

Mentally they are drained...It feels like no matter what they do, they still can't beat the Nuggets.
This is like that moment when you playing a video game and there comes a stage where you're just stucked, you keep trying and trying to pass that stage but you keep failing. And then you feel like smashing the pad on the wall.
This is it for Lakers.
AD and Bron have had excellent games. DLO showed up today, yet it still not enough.
Another point is Rui and Austin have also failed to show up.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 11:34am On Apr 23
Like I said, the Nuggets would win a close game 9 out of 10 times. They are very efficient in the clutch. If you want to win them, ensure the game isn't close in the 4th quarter...
This also goes for the Celtics.
Blow them away and make sure it's not close....

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:39pm On Apr 23
kendrick9:
Mentally they are drained...It feels like no matter what they do, they still can't beat the Nuggets.
This is like that moment when you playing a video game and there comes a stage where you're just stucked, you keep trying and trying to pass that stage but you keep failing. And then you feel like smashing the pad on the wall.
This is it for Lakers.
AD and Bron have had excellent games. DLO showed up today, yet it still not enough.
Another point is Rui and Austin have also failed to show up.
Hahaha. Don't remind me of Driver on Ps1 that year. Just to start the game proper you go smell your yansh grin

It's definitely mental. I don't believe the Nuggets come back this predictably against any other team

Rui has been poorly utilized this series. He gets to guard but no plays run for him on the offensive end. By middle of the game these guys are cold and start bricking it.

Just look at Nuggets Game 1 all starter guys took at least 10 shots. That's how it's done
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:45pm On Apr 23
I saw LeNomad LeWhinin about officiating over blowing a 20pt lead grin

1/19 in GW shots in the playoffs and regular season since joining the Lakers.

Klutch sports una

This imposter will never be the GOAT

Nuggets better get ready. The Lakers will get a generational whistle on Thursday. Don't be surprised if we see something like 30 FTs to 5 in favor of the Lakers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 12:56pm On Apr 23
A40:

Hahaha. Don't remind me of Driver on Ps1 that year. Just to start the game proper you go smell your yansh grin

It's definitely mental. I don't believe the Nuggets come back this predictably against any other team

Rui has been poorly utilized this series. He gets to guard but no plays run for him on the offensive end. By middle of the game these guys are cold and start bricking it.

Just look at Nuggets Game 1 all starter guys took at least 10 shots. That's how it's done
Rui and Austin havent show up at all, it's clear the team don't trust them to make shots.
Man even AD didn't attempt any shot in the whole quarter.
Your best player had no attempts in a whole quarter that's really bad...
I get Lebron took charge in the 2nd half, but AD needs to take charge if he wants to be the main man which he should at this stage of his career. He needs to stop being passive or maybe he's comfortable being a No.2.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:10pm On Apr 23
A40:
I saw LeNomad LeWhinin about officiating over blowing a 20pt lead grin

1/19 in GW shots in the playoffs and regular season since joining the Lakers.

Klutch sports una

This imposter will never be the GOAT

Nuggets better get ready. The Lakers will get a generational whistle on Thursday. Don't be surprised if we see something like 30 FTs to 5 in favor of the Lakers.

AD’s post game was more mature, responsible and held his team accountable. “There were stretches we looked like we did not know what we were doing”.

Ajala has contributed 9 TO I think in 2 games. He needs to stop whining and play basketball.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:39pm On Apr 23
Roland17:

AD’s post game was more mature, responsible and held his team accountable. “There were stretches we looked like we did not know what we were doing”.

Ajala has contributed 9 TO I think in 2 games. He needs to stop whining and play basketball.
The mic drop was just peach.

They had the lead and their PTSD made them scared. They were scared to death and then the tough shots stopped falling

Rather than admitting they folded under pressure the great impostor is blaming refs. But the refs didn't stop you from leading for almost 48 minutes

Shameless and embarrassing scenes.

Reminder of their free throw differential compared to the rest of the league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 5:07pm On Apr 23
Lebron's reponse was very disappointing. Yeah, I understand covering up for coach's crappy rotations, but trying to blame this on officiating is not goat behavior. And those close to him, if they love him need to pull him aside. Maybe like a Magic who has nothing to gain and can speak freely without worrying about consequences. Because if Lakers get swept by the Nuggets, Lebron's reputation as Goat material will be severely damaged.

A goat candidate is not just a dog in a game, he must be able to inspire his teammates into becoming dogs in at least one game, regardless of coaching, and they should be able to punch a superior opponent in the mouth at least once. At least once! And there are no crutches like injuries to use this time, even if AD decides to "manufacture" some leg injury in game 3, this team is still stacked enough.

If not, it would have been better for Lakers to have never made this playoffs.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:18am On Apr 24
This Suns Big 3 wan use brick scatter rim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:06am On Apr 24
KAT is such an emotional player. Every post season, it feels like you have to remind him about staying in the moment and avoid get into early foul trouble.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:30am On Apr 24
I thought the Suns were the more skilled offensive team. Why is it the Wolves going on all the runs?
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:37am On Apr 24
A40:
I thought the Suns were the more skilled offensive team. Why is it the Wolves going on all the runs?

The Suns rely on transition/ fast break offense. The success of transition offense is heavily reliant on defensive rebound, which they are struggling with.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:34am On Apr 24
Suns.

Smhs.

Fùcking Gobert scored more point than Beal and same point with Durant even after playing less minutes.

Gobert angry

Just pack up that franchise
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 3:36am On Apr 24
Whatever happened to Haliburton

Smart for Pacers to trade for Sir Kazeem (Siakam) grin
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 4:15am On Apr 24
Roland17:

The Suns rely on transition/ fast break offense. The success of transition offense is heavily reliant on defensive rebound, which they are struggling with.

Please check your mail
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:13am On Apr 24
Luka with an over my dead body type of game. Even Kawhi's return couldn't save the Clippers. Now we have a series on our hands

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2195) (2196) (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) ... (2208) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: A40(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.