Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1630640 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) ... (2212) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 5:03am On Apr 26
4th quarter Murray masterpiece incoming

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:08am On Apr 26
1 made 3 in almost 40 minutes of basketball is crayzyy
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:10am On Apr 26
larride:

D'lo shooting blanks today.

Aaron Gordon showing them how it's done at the paint. No answer for him at the moment.
D'Lo is unplayable.

This Nuggets team just feed who's the hot hand. No time for chere kambia
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:14am On Apr 26
Michael Porter Jr mayne what a Hooper. If the Nuggets do repeat I hope they somehow can keep him and Murray.

Roland17:
After Ajala turn ball over he go still come wail for post conference. Consecutive possessions he turns the ball over, worsestill, refuses to run back.
Lmaoo let's see what the excuse will be today.

Anyway his loyalists will still have more empty calorie stats to gloat about.

He's a front runner anyway.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:15am On Apr 26
I hope the Lakers and Coach Ham are learning how to protect a lead.

Just go for the easy basket.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:22am On Apr 26
Nobody is sha beating this Denver. We might as well give them the title now grin
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:28am On Apr 26
Out of Nuggets starting 5, 4 of them had 20pts in this game.

Incredible.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:33am On Apr 26
The Nuggets are Efficient and Energetic. Don't play the long game with them. They'd keep the game close until you are spent and just take the game.
They are also the best team in the end of regulation. They don't feel pressure, Jokic plays casually in the 4th like it was the 1st quarter, the implication is that he always makes the right play while the opponents panic.
Unreal.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:39am On Apr 26
3 - 0

Series is done.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:40am On Apr 26
D'lo actually had 0pts in this game.

Lakers fans will take his life on Twitter. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 5:51am On Apr 26
This is the same shit Klay did in that play in game against Sacramento.
How can a starter have zero points in a game?
Is it Madness?

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 6:26am On Apr 26
I done dey laugh tire. Lakers are really going out with a doughnut just like last year. I Kuku said it here they should have just allowed Pelicans to take 7th position jeje. They have a chance of doing better in a series against OKC but Birdman dey mention basketball gods. Shebi Basketball gods have designed this one now, being swept by the same team in two consecutive seasons. Lakers had better win the next game otherwise the way I would so troll my Lebron fanboys, dem no go like am.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 9:50am On Apr 26
steady986:
Nobody is sha beating this Denver. We might as well give them the title now grin
OKC could. They are young and energetic and can match them stride for stride.
They have good shooters too. But lack bigs.
Wolves will give them a game too and unlike OKC they have bigs in their team and a very good defense.
Luka Kyrie Mavs also a threat.
It's not gonna be a stroll for Denver..
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 10:20am On Apr 26
kendrick9:
OKC could. They are young and energetic and can match them stride for stride.
They have good shooters too. But lack bigs.
Wolves will give them a game too and unlike OKC they have bigs in their team and a very good defense.
Luka Kyrie Mavs also a threat.
It's not gonna be a stroll for Denver..

Lol. OKC....
OKC would not win one game. Shai vs Murray is even. Everywhere else, it's a mismatch. Chet would not sniff near Jokic. Its going to be a bloodbath. The only threat may be Wolves and they lose in 6 games Max....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 11:39am On Apr 26
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. OKC....
OKC would not win one game. Shai vs Murray is even. Everywhere else, it's a mismatch. Chet would not sniff near Jokic. Its going to be a bloodbath. The only threat may be Wolves and they lose in 6 games Max....
OKC beat them in the regular season 3 - 1.
Shai and Murray is not even, Shai is the superior player easily. He's a top 5 player in the league.
Jamal whilst good in the playoffs isn't on that level.
Lack I said OKC lack bigs and Denver have that plus physicality and experience.
Denver of course would be favorites but OKC will give them a game
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 1:03pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:
Shai and Murray is not even, Shai is the superior player easily. He's a top 5 player in the league.

You forgot to mention the one game they lost was the only one game Denver had complete players....
OKC cannot compete with Denver.... I'd be shocked if OKC wins 1 game, unless, of course Denver are plagued by injuries....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by benji93: 1:53pm On Apr 26
Damn. Accumulating sweeps is not a cool way to exit the NBA, but to be swept by the same team back-to-back is worse. Damn. He better do something. cheesy grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:
Shai superior to Jamal? Lol.

Regular season and playoff ball are not the same thing oh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26
A40:
Shai superior to Jamal? Lol.

Regular season and playoff ball are not the same thing oh.
It's not even a contest at this point. Playoff Murray is good but Shai is an MVP caliber player. Murray is just not on that level or hasn't shown it yet in his career. He's inconsistent.
Imagine SGA in this Nuggets side in place of Jamal... Jokic + SGA would win back to back titles. It would be dynasty
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:
It's not even a contest at this point. Playoff Murray is good but Shai is an MVP caliber player. Murray is just not on that level or hasn't shown it yet in his career. He's inconsistent.
Imagine SGA in this Nuggets side in place of Jamal... Jokic + SGA would win back to back titles. It would be dynasty
I think you're not factoring their respective roles. If James Harden didn't leave OKC and remained that's how people would have argued and swore on everything they love that Westbrook was better. I have seen SGA. There's nothing he does that Jamal can't. I don't think you remember what his trajectory was after the bubble then his ACL tear.

He was robbed a full year of development

Speaks volumes that he was able to come back like he did

And no SGA is not a proven playoff performer so your claim is 100% unverifiable. SGA has not done what Murray did last season or in the bubble and remains to be seen if he can do it.

A few half decent performances against a team with Brandon Ingram and CJ McCollum as their best players is not enough to crown SGA as the best thing smoking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 7:39pm On Apr 26
A40:
I think you're not factoring their respective roles. If James Harden didn't leave OKC and remained that's how people would have argued and swore on everything they love that Westbrook was better. I have seen SGA. There's nothing he does that Jamal can't. I don't think you remember what his trajectory was after the bubble then his ACL tear.

He was robbed a full year of development

Speaks volumes that he was able to come back like he did

And no SGA is not a proven playoff performer so your claim is 100% unverifiable. SGA has not done what Murray did last season or in the bubble and remains to be seen if he can do it.

A few half decent performances against a team with Brandon Ingram and CJ McCollum as their best players is not enough to crown SGA as the best thing smoking
I think you're selling SGA short. You say there's nothing Shai does that Jamal can't, same can be said in reverse.
Shai is an efficient monster, smooth handles, has the most drives and very consistent. Most 30 points games this season.

Can Jamal be a 1 option?

Jamal is a very good 2, a deputy to Jokic.
SHAI has shown the last seasons that he he is a genuine 1 option, leading that young OKC to first seed.
Of course he's not proven yet in the post season, but this is his first real shot at it...
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 8:25pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:

I think you're selling SGA short. You say there's nothing Shai does that Jamal can't, same can be said in reverse.
Shai is an effiecient monster, smooth handles, has the most drives and very consistent. Most 30 points games this season.

Can Jamal be a 1 option?

SHAI has shown the last seasons that he he is a genuine 1 option, leading that young OKC to first seed.
Of course he's not proven yet in the post season, but this is his first real shot at it...

Lol. Can shai be a Number one option?
It's not about being a number one option my friend, it's about winning as a number one option.
Anyone can be a number one option. Switch Murray and Shai, Murray would be the number one option In OKC while shai would be number 2 option in Denver. Just as Murray currently is. So you see, being a number one option on a Team that has won nothing is basically useless.
Westbrook was one, Harden was one. All regular season wonders (MVPS, scoring Titles, which shai is yet to accomplish) who couldn't do Jack in the playoffs.
Only one guard has been Useful so far, as a number one option.
And we all know who he is....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:34pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:

Shai is an effiecient monster, smooth handles, has the most drives and very consistent. Most 30 points games this season.

Can Jamal be a 1 option?

Lesser players than Jamal have been #1 options on teams. The team is built around SGA so of course he will dominate scoring.

James Harden was a 6th man and became one of the best #1s for a 5 year spell. As roles expand the more you potentially see from a player. Look at freakin Jalen Brunson of all people, did you know he could lead a team?

Shai would be a #2 to Jokic as well. With reduced usage.

Mind you Murray missed 20+ games which is the only reason OKC were able to get the #1 seed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 8:40pm On Apr 26
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. Can shai be a Number one option?
It's not about being a number one option my friend, it's about winning as a number one option.
Anyone can be a number one option. Switch Murray and Shai, Murray would be the number one option In OKC while shai would be number 2 option in Denver. Just as Murray currently is. So you see, being a number one option on a Team that has won nothing is basically useless.
Westbrook was one, Harden was one. All regular season wonders (MVPS, scoring Titles, which shai is yet to accomplish) who couldn't do Jack in the playoffs.
Only one guard has been Useful so far, as a number one option.
And we all know who he is....
Jamal hasn't made all star or All NBA teams and he plays for the best team the Nuggets.
He's not a consistent preformer and can never a be one option.
Maybe if he was on tanking teams like Wizards, Hornets, Pistons.
SGA has been arguably the best player in the league this season, Jamal doesn't have that level of play in him.
This is a young OKC team and it's a credit to Shai that he can lead this team to the one seed in a stacked west
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 9:56pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:
Jamal hasn't made all star or All NBA teams and he plays for the best team the Nuggets.
SGA has been arguably the best player in the league this season, Jamal doesn't have that level of play in him.
This is a young OKC team and it's a credit to Shai that he can lead this team to the one seed in a stacked west

Lol. Was shai drafted today?
He is an All star because he suddenly has a good supporting cast.
Jamal was headed for the tops before he was slowed down by injuries. He is still battling injuries.
Shai has not done anything new. Russell westbrook averaged a triple double, while Harden won the MVP with one of the highest PPG averages in recent times. The regular reason counts for naught and whether Shai can do what Murray did in the last playoffs, is yet to be seen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 9:58pm On Apr 26
Honlucas:
Dlo, Reaves must leave the club

Like wtf is this ..

They are not the problem. KCP was on this lakers squad, and nothing came of it. This is a leadership problem, lack of mental toughness
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 10:00pm On Apr 26
greypencils:
I done dey laugh tire. Lakers are really going out with a doughnut just like last year. I Kuku said it here they should have just allowed Pelicans to take 7th position jeje. They have a chance of doing better in a series against OKC but Birdman dey mention basketball gods. Shebi Basketball gods have designed this one now, being swept by the same team in two consecutive seasons. Lakers had better win the next game otherwise the way I would so troll my Lebron fanboys, dem no go like am.

Bball gods dont lie. This team doesnt even deserve to be in the playoffs. Denver is exposing the truth
Re: The NBA Begins by greypencils: 11:20pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:
You need to be reminded of the playoff game when Murray and Donovan Mitchell went toe to toe scoring 50 points each. Person wey score 50 points in playoffs no fit lead team? Shai done score 50 points before? Haba! Donovan Mitchell is no 1 option at Cavs O. Jamal Murray no fit lead team? Person wey get 3 50-point games. Na wa for you o.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:40pm On Apr 26
kendrick9:
This is such a laughable post. Who with working eyes will watch Jamal Murray play and say he's not an All NBA and All star caliber player?

One thing you people need to understand. Denver play 5 man team ball. Last season the Joker their best player averaged 14 shots a game. Let that sink in

Without Murray Denver lost in 5 to the Warriors, lost to Devin Booker and the Suns. In a sweep!!

A healthy Murray and we are talking a potential back to back team.

The SGA you're hyping here was offloaded by the Clippers in the PG trade. Spent donkey years on a tanking teams like you listed above with zero expectations and the one breakthrough year he has you're overhyping him ahead of made men. Smh

Let's see how SGA performs when there's actual expectations and not when he's some plucky underdog
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:58pm On Apr 26
greypencils:
You need to be reminded of the playoff game when Murray and Donovan Mitchell went toe to toe scoring 50 points each. Person wey score 50 points in playoffs no fit lead team? Shai done score 50 points before? Haba! Donovan Mitchell is no 1 option at Cavs O. Jamal Murray no fit lead team? Person wey get 3 50-point games. Na wa for you o.
I strongly question his ball knowledge atp.

He doesn't realize that just a player's usage rate can greatly influence and inflate a player's capabilities.

Jalen Brunson took the Knicks to the 2nd seed to show you the power of a team focused to serve one player, if he stayed with Luka who knows where and how he would be rated.

If Harden didn't leave OKC he would have never been MVP contender,

Even the SGA if he remained in the Clippers with Kawhi his ceiling would be limited.

I've watched SGA play and there's nothing he's doing Jamal Murray cannot do. The difference is he plays in a system that allows him freedom to do and undo
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 12:40am On Apr 27
greypencils:
Like I said there's a difference been a number one option at tanking teams like Wizards, Hornets etc..and being a number one at a title contender.
Hell even Brad Beal was a no 1 at Wizards, Mikal Bridges at Nets...
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 12:50am On Apr 27
A40:
This is such a laughable post. Who with working eyes will watch Jamal Murray play and say he's not an All NBA and All star caliber player?

One thing you people need to understand. Denver play 5 man team ball. Last season the Joker their best player averaged 14 shots a game. Let that sink in

Without Murray Denver lost in 5 to the Warriors, lost to Devin Booker and the Suns. In a sweep!!

A healthy Murray and we are talking a potential back to back team.

The SGA you're hyping here was offloaded by the Clippers in the PG trade. Spent donkey years on a tanking teams like you listed above with zero expectations and the one breakthrough year he has you're overhyping him ahead of made men. Smh

Let's see how SGA performs when there's actual expectations and not when he's some plucky underdog
Your opinion but the fact is Jamal hasn't made an All NBA team.
Shai made an All NBA last season and will make it again this season.
I'm not even gonna talk about all star cause some might say it's a popularity contest but SGA is still making those teams irrespective.

Murray is a very good 2nd option don't get me wrong, every great side needs a good 2 to complement their number one.
Pippen was to Jordan, Kobe to Shaq, Gasol to Kobe, Kyrie to Lebron.
But the problem is when you want to take that 2 to a 1 and most of the times they fail.
Kyrie left Lebron and couldn't lead the Boston.
He's now a 2 to Luka.

Kobe was the only outlier who made that progress from a second option to a number one man leading the Lakers to the championship title.
No matter how great any player is they need a very good second man and some good role players.

Kawhi traded SGA who was a rookie for PG cause he wanted to win now.
In hindsight that was a terrible mistake judging by how things have gone now

(1) (2) (3) ... (2197) (2198) (2199) (2200) (2201) (2202) (2203) ... (2212) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.