Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,805 members, 7,837,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (2221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1645219 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:47pm On May 11
They're doing Hack a Lively
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 10:49pm On May 11
A40:

I'm sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. That one is bleeding obvious

The year the Nuggets won the title Jamal was the best player in the Timberwolves and Lakers series, He had a double double in the Final too 20+pts and 10 asts

This year he won two games in the first round at the death.

Name me a second option that has done that.

Even Jokic has not brought it every night so I don't know why you're setting unrealistic standards for just Murray

Small assignment I will give you now. Explain why Jokic got swept by Booker and CP3. Name the second options better than Murray, show me their postseason resume and explain why they have not won anything where they are
Last season is the past, we're talking now
and there are legitimate concerns about Jamal no matter how you try to deny it.
Check out the regular season where the Nuggets have to play Jokic without a rest because the Joker has to carry the team during the regular season. Jamal lacks the consistency and I will keep emphasizing on this, if he was he would be making All NBA teams
Jokic is the only MVP NBA champion in history that hasn't played with any All Star/NBA teammates.
And sure Booker is better than Jamal.
Mitchell might be available this off season and he's comfortably on another level to Jamal.
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 10:56pm On May 11
You can't be shooting 37% from the field and then go on to score buzzer beaters.
If you were doing your job efficiently, there will be no need hoping to beat the sound every time.
It's just not sustainable in the long run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 11:05pm On May 11
If OKC can't beat Mavs when Doncic is not even blowing up, they should say bye bye to the series.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 11:10pm On May 11
kendrick9:
OKC are terrible at rebounding

Lack of 'big man'...
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 11:21pm On May 11
After Kyrie retires, future ball handlers with finishing will be compared to Kyrie because he is now the standard.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:25pm On May 11
kendrick9:
Last season is the past, we're talking now
and there are legitimate concerns about Jamal no matter how you try to deny it.
Check out the regular season where the Nuggets have to play Jokic without a rest because the Joker has to carry the team during the regular season. Jamal lacks the consistency and I will keep emphasizing on this, if he was he would be making All NBA teams
Jokic is the only MVP NBA champion in history that hasn't played with any All Star/NBA teammates.
And sure Booker is better than Jamal.
Mitchell might be available this off season and he's comfortably on another level to Jamal.
These concerns are silly cos first and foremost the playoffs are high pressure cooker situations. There's nobody that's ever not had a bad series

The Nuggets play Jokic to have a good playoff seeding and homecourt advantage, Jokic's availability is why he's won 3 MVPs ar 29 so I don't know why you're saying it like it's a bad thing.

Jamal Murray's playoff ceiling is higher than any second option in the league so whatever you keep emphasizing is really irrelevant. Since he became an elite talent in this league they've been contenders.

Anybody that watches Jamal Murray play and is still talking about All/star and All NBA talk doesn't have a clue cos I just want to know how Jokic wins without Murray's 26-6-7 over 20 playoff games

Devin Booker? Lmaoo. Didn't he score 12 pts in the elimination game they faced against Murray's team? Please don't chat to me about someone that couldn't avoid a sweep with two Allstar/All NBA teammates this year. That's never happened to Jamal

Another level una. Same Mitchell? Didn't he blow a 3-1 lead vs Murray? Didn't Murray drop 42 and 50 and averaged 31pts in the series to lead the comeback to knockout Mitchell and the Jazz??

There's nobody better suited to be Jokic's wingman than Murray. The proof is in the results. And if the others are better they would have shown it by now

Don't worry shebi when your SGA gets sent packing we will hear word at last
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 11:32pm On May 11
kendrick9:
You can't be shooting 37% from the field and then go on to score buzzer beaters.
If you were doing your job efficiently, there will be no need hoping to beat the sound every time.
It's just not sustainable in the long run
I have to ask. When did you start following basketball? Specifically playoff basketball because clearly you don't seem to grasp how closely these matchups usually are and the fact that games between evenly matched opponents usually don't end in blowouts

What's the difference between your free throw merchant SGA shooting 43% today and Murray's 37%?

Oya since he was more efficient why was he not in position to score these buzzer beaters that you keep trying to cheapen. Why is he still losing? In fact since you're such an efficiency geek explain how SGA did not lose his team today's game, he was the least efficient of the teams top 4 scorers so you can't even blame his teammates grin
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:11am On May 12
The Mavs-Thunder game was so physical it almost felt like I was watching the wrong league. What's impressive is how Luka has managed to escape Lu Dort's attempt at his life this series.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:36am On May 12
SmooshCHN:
The Mavs-Thunder game was so physical it almost felt like I was watching the wrong league. What's impressive is how Luka has managed to escape Lu Dort's attempt at his life this series.
That Luguentz Dort wey be like Linebacker. That nigga might have taken years off Luka's life

That's why I keep laughing at all this skills talk. When prison ball enter we will see how skilled you are.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:14am On May 12
Mitchell will most likely leave the Cavs in the off season.
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 5:15am On May 12
Suns agree 5yr deal with Mike Budenholzer.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 1:07pm On May 12
A40:

These concerns are silly cos first and foremost the playoffs are high pressure cooker situations. There's nobody that's ever not had a bad series

The Nuggets play Jokic to have a good playoff seeding and homecourt advantage, Jokic's availability is why he's won 3 MVPs ar 29 so I don't know why you're saying it like it's a bad thing.

Jamal Murray's playoff ceiling is higher than any second option in the league so whatever you keep emphasizing is really irrelevant. Since he became an elite talent in this league they've been contenders.

Anybody that watches Jamal Murray play and is still talking about All/star and All NBA talk doesn't have a clue cos I just want to know how Jokic wins without Murray's 26-6-7 over 20 playoff games

Devin Booker? Lmaoo. Didn't he score 12 pts in the elimination game they faced against Murray's team? Please don't chat to me about someone that couldn't avoid a sweep with two Allstar/All NBA teammates this year. That's never happened to Jamal

Another level una. Same Mitchell? Didn't he blow a 3-1 lead vs Murray? Didn't Murray drop 42 and 50 and averaged 31pts in the series to lead the comeback to knockout Mitchell and the Jazz??

There's nobody better suited to be Jokic's wingman than Murray. The proof is in the results. And if the others are better they would have shown it by now

Don't worry shebi when your SGA gets sent packing we will hear word at last
I was referencing Joker playing every game and not just playing but going hard every game in the regular season Because his 2nd option is inconsistent in the regular season and thinks he can just turn it on in the playoffs.
In the process the franchise player comes into the playoffs exhausted where if his team were good, they could have rested him in a couple of games.
Nuggets can't keep relying on playoff Murray who as we're seeing this post season has taken his regular season form into this playoffs.
You can't just switch and turn it on, it's not sustainable in the long run imo.
Case in point Butler and Miami this season.
For me I see a pathway Nuggets could improve, trading Jamal and getting a Mitchell for example would be a shrewd move
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 2:01pm On May 12
larride:
Mitchell will most likely leave the Cavs in the off season.
Lakers should trade DLO and sign Mitchell
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:08pm On May 12
kendrick9:
Just like that? Warriors should just trade Klay for Wemby too. grin

5 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:24pm On May 12
A40:
That Luguentz Dort wey be like Linebacker. That nigga might have taken years off Luka's life

That's why I keep laughing at all this skills talk. When prison ball enter we will see how skilled you are.
I know Luka has seen worse but I'm shocked the Mavs aren't complaining about how physical the refs have allowed physical Thunder to be. The calls have to go both ways.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:51pm On May 12
kendrick9:
I was referencing Joker playing every game and not just playing but going hard every game in the regular season Because his 2nd option is inconsistent in the regular season and thinks he can just turn it on in the playoffs.
In the process the franchise player comes into the playoffs exhausted where if his team were good, they could have rested him in a couple of games.
Nuggets can't keep relying on playoff Murray who as we're seeing this post season has taken his regular season form into this playoffs.
You can't just switch and turn it on, it's not sustainable in the long run imo.
Case in point Butler and Miami this season.
For me I see a pathway Nuggets could improve, trading Jamal and getting a Mitchell for example would be a shrewd move
Going hard? Joker? grin grin

I swear I'm not even trying to be condescending. You don't know what you're talking about.

Jokic's game is more cerebral than exertion. Let's start there. Also because he's really a pass first guy he don't get beat up like most other bigs. Last season Jokic took just 14 shots a game.

Let me address the second bit of lamba you posted

2022/2023
65 games. 20-4-6

2023/2024
59 games. 21-4-6

That is someone you're calling inconsistent in the regular season. Are you hearing yourself at all?

He has played more games over the last two seasons than Devin Booker.

Tell the Nuggets GM to get a decent backup for Jokic and stop this nonsense anti Murray agenda that is founded in Illogic.

Nuggets can rely on Murray. He has proven himself times without number for the Nuggets winning two games at the death for his team this season. Even SGA can't boast of this.
The switch is not on or off, it's the playoffs!! Matchups matter, the other team is trying to win as well

Jimmy Butler is 35 almost 8 years older than Murray. Your examples are horrific

The Nuggets pathway for improvement is a better bench and a competent backup at center for Jokic. Mitchell was there last season when the Knicks gentleman swept them with homecourt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:21pm On May 12
A 27 year old dude that did 26-6-7 last season to win a championship is who this man is asking to be traded.

Thank God you no be GM. Nuggets fans will do you like Italians did Mussolini

SmooshCHN:
He needs to unplug that 2k man grin you just know he's a casual fan
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 4:49pm On May 12
kendrick9:

Mitchell will leave Cavs as a number 1 option to go to Lakers and be the 3rd option?

If na your brother, you go give ham that advise?
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 6:19pm On May 12
SmooshCHN:
Mitchell's contract is expiring 2025 and there are rumors he will be demanding for a trade.
Of course I have no idea if Lakers have any picks /worthwhile assets but if they do they should explore imo
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 6:21pm On May 12
larride:

Mitchell will leave Cavs as a number 1 option to go to Lakers and be the 3rd option?

If na your brother, you go give ham that advise?
It's the Lakers man. Every star wants to play for them.
Besides Mitchell ain't winning any chip in Cleveland anytime soon so of what use is him being a 1st option
Re: The NBA Begins by kendrick9(m): 6:29pm On May 12
A40:

I swear I'm not even trying to be condescending. You don't know what you're talking about.

Jokic's game is more cerebral than exertion. Let's start there. Also because he's really a pass first guy he don't get beat up like most other bigs. Last season Jokic took just 14 shots a game.

2022/2023
65 games. 20-4-6

2023/2024
59 games. 21-4-6

That is someone you're calling inconsistent in the regular season. Are you hearing yourself at all?

Tell the Nuggets GM to get a decent backup for Jokic and stop this nonsense anti Murray agenda that is founded in Illogic.

Nuggets can rely on Murray. He has proven himself times without number for the Nuggets winning two games at the death for his team this season. Even SGA can't boast of this.
The switch is not on or off, it's the playoffs!! Matchups matter, the other team is trying to win as well

The Nuggets pathway for improvement is a better bench and a competent backup at center for Jokic. Mitchell was there last season when the Knicks gentleman swept them with homecourt.

Let's see how this series goes.
You're talking bench, I'm thinking much bigger.
I'm thinking ways the Nuggets could dominate and utilize the peak years of the Joker.
They can still get backups and still upgrade on Jamal.
I'm talking Jamal cause he has a nice trade value than someone like KCP.
He's also injury prone.

The Warriors stood still when they could have traded Klay and Draymond and now look where they are.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:37pm On May 12
steady986:

LeBron's skillset and style of play especially at this age is suited for the playoffs. Things slow down in the playoffs. LeBron didn't have problems deferring in the regular season. Everybody ate. But when it comes to the playoffs where the lights are brighter, that's when DLo can score 0 points. Is it that type of inconsistent player you want LeBron to defer to?

All this deferment talk is BS. We can clearly see an example of when it is supposed to happen, the last 2 Mavs games PJ got it going and they deferred to him. Same thing happened in the only game the Lakers won Dlo was hitting shots and Lebron let him run huge portions of the 3rd and 4th quarter. The idea that you are supposed to continue deferring to someone who is 1/11 from the field or 2/17 from the field is total madness.
Anyone who expects any great player to keep passing to a player who is shooting less than 10% from the field in a game is just saying 'arant nonsense'.
As for the LeBron, he passes to teammates who are making shots, people will complain he doesn't want the smoke. He refuses to pass to someone who is shooting less than 10% from double digits attempts, they say he his a ball hog.
This same people talk up guys that take 50 shots just to score 60pts or take 41 shots with 21FTs just to score 63 pts. Luka scored 73pts from 33 FGA with only 15FTs attempted in a winning effort and the media rage for damn near weeks that he does not pass the ball

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:38pm On May 12
kendrick9:
I'm thinking ways the Nuggets could dominate and utilize the peak years of the Joker.
He's also injury prone.

The Warriors stood still when they could have traded Klay and Draymond and now look where they are.
Who's the last repeat champion and how many years ago was that. I'll wait.

If it was left to you I'm sure you would have traded MPJ last season.

Nothing consign you with fit and chemistry everything is trade trade trade

When Milwaukee traded for Dame I'm sure they also thought they were upgrading, now look at the results

Trading Jamal would be silly. Nobody remotely knowledgeable about basketball would even be saying this

Are you comparing 33 year old Klay and Draymond to 27 year Jamal just entering his prime?? Wtf??
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:40pm On May 12
kendrick9:
He's also injury prone.

Jamal is going nowhere, the person that they should move is MPJ, he earns too much for his skillset and what he does is more easily replaced in today's NBA. Jamal for all his issues, is still a lead guard who can create shots for himself and others especially when you pair him with Jokic.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:43pm On May 12
kendrick9:
Mitchell's contract is expiring 2025 and there are rumors he will be demanding for a trade.
Of course I have no idea if Lakers have any picks /worthwhile assets but if they do they should explore imo

It's not that he his demanding a trade. From what I read it's more that the front office believe he will not extend with them. So they either get something back for him this offseason or they risk letting him walk for free the upper season

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 6:51pm On May 12
A40:

2022/2023
65 games. 20-4-6

2023/2024
59 games. 21-4-6

I agree with you that the Nuggets need a playable backup for Jokic and a Bruce brown type wing. The thing is because of their salary cap issue, the GM clearly stated that they are using this season to see if their draft picks can step up to these roles. I personally think the guy they should move is MPJ, he is way overpaid for a shooter/rebounder, with him off their books that can easily afford his replacement, plus a backup for Jokic, and someone else who can create shots for themselves like Bruce brown could, especially in that system they run.
Re: The NBA Begins by Tinneh: 9:01pm On May 12
What a start by the pacers, knicks are so terrified
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:28pm On May 12
Khanben:

I agree with you that the Nuggets need a playable backup for Jokic and a Bruce brown type wing. The thing is because of their salary cap issue, the GM clearly stated that they are using this season to see if their draft picks can step up to these roles. I personally think the guy they should move is MPJ, he is way overpaid for a shooter/rebounder, with him off their books that can easily afford his replacement, plus a backup for Jokic, and someone else who can create shots for themselves like Bruce brown could, especially in that system they run.
Exactly. Imagine they had a Daniel Gafford. Just 15 minutes off the bench to give Jokic breathers. And energize the rest of the team. Not having a playable backup big while they extended Nnaji who clearly can't play and DeAndre who's too old to play consistently is definitely malpractice

Mind you they extended Reggie Jackson who was a non factor in last season's title run. He was just there for vibes

They clearly paid too early for MPJ but he's definitely been crucial to them this year. He hasn't expanded his game though but we can't downplay his improved availability and consistency

2025 will be the judgement year for the Nuggets. Murray, Aaron Gordon someone will need to take a paycut. KCP will have a player option, I think they can let him walk
Re: The NBA Begins by larride(m): 11:59pm On May 12
For all of Piston tanking, they still didn't get the top spot in the lottery pick. grin

Make them manage number 5.

If I'm Cade, I'm will be contemplating a trade right now.
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:19am On May 13
larride:
For all of Piston tanking, they still didn't get the top spot in the lottery pick. grin

Make them manage number 5.

If I'm Cade, I'm will be contemplating a trade right now.

I love the nba draft lottery. This idea of rewarding mediocrity really pisses me off
Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 1:26am On May 13
A40:

Exactly. Imagine they had a Daniel Gafford. Just 15 minutes off the bench to give Jokic breathers. And energize the rest of the team. Not having a playable backup big while they extended Nnaji who clearly can't play and DeAndre who's too old to play consistently is definitely malpractice

Mind you they extended Reggie Jackson who was a non factor in last season's title run. He was just there for vibes

They clearly paid too early for MPJ but he's definitely been crucial to them this year. He hasn't expanded his game though but we can't downplay his improved availability and consistency

2025 will be the judgement year for the Nuggets. Murray, Aaron Gordon someone will need to take a paycut. KCP will have a player option, I think they can let him walk

MPJ is very important for them, but of their 4 mainstays he is the one IMHO that can be replaced at a cheaper price. As for Aaron Gordon he his already underpaid, so there is no way in hell he his taking a paycut.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2218) (2219) (2220) (2221) (2222) (2223) (2224) ... (2234) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.