Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,789 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:46 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1664969 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (2261) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 7:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
I'll bet on odds of Lebron demanding Kyrie be traded for CP3.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

how come curry sit out major 4th quarter minutes if it isn't that he already finished off the opposition ?
discrediting a players body of work because they didn't make some crazy shot is not right with me.
where the link to this clutch stat I go like see the ranking for myself.
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-kobe-bryant-clutch-shooting-awful-airball-5-for-47-022916

Ooh Mpa was talking about how clutch LeBron was and all them imaginary game winning shots. Me I like to bust popular myths and urban legend hence the stats
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Donlittle:
That ranking was the most bogus thing i have ever seen in my life. #3?
ESPN really took it too far with that nonsense list
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2016
cool

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 7:59pm On Jun 07, 2016
A40:

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4396/clutch-shots-are-tough-just-ask-lebron-james

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-kobe-bryant-clutch-shooting-awful-airball-5-for-47-022916

Ooh Mpa was talking about how clutch LeBron was and all them imaginary game winning shots. Me I like to bust popular myths and urban legend hence the stats
see the wasteman way top the list.
good thing say na ESPN link,
so you can't turn around and dismiss the #3 all time ranking.
seeing as how they took everything into consideration.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

see the wasteman way top the list.
good thing say na ESPN link,
so you can't turn around and dismiss the #3 all time ranking.
seeing as how they took everything into consideration.
The clutch stats are based on actual data. The rankings based on opinions. Huge difference
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 8:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
A40:

The clutch stats are based on actual data. The rankings based on opinions. Huge difference
and you think this clutchness data wasn't available to them when they made that ranking ? it either factor incredibly low as it rightly should or it is totally useless.
if the 10% shot he makes are in high stake playoff game it already craps all over gay that shoots 40% all season. regular and post.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
Cleveland fans!!!! How market?! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
cool

Ure evil
but I luv it
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
But where is Lolawilliams and Ewuro1??
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:

Why ask question which you know the answer? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:13pm On Jun 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:
They have logged out. I am quite sure lolawilliams is the most mentioned moniker on Nairaland this week chei grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
Babzilla:

Ure evil
but I luv it
cheesy grin wink
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
SIRcumalot:

and you think this clutchness data wasn't available to them when they made that ranking ? it either factor incredibly low as it rightly should or it is totally useless.
if the 10% shot he makes are in high stake playoff game it already craps all over gay that shoots 40% all season. regular and post.
My guy bone that thing. ESPN is filled with unrepentant LeBron fanboys who think he is the best thing since Hollandia yogurt. You people make excuse after excuse for him and it is becoming nauseating. Didn't you claim he was the underdog in 4 of the 6 Finals he's been in? This is the kind of LeHype that annoys us on the other side

He might be the best player ever to you guys but by God don't call him clutch or a player that delivers in crunch time where I'm at. I will always shoot that claim down with hard evidence.
Re: The NBA Begins by datGuyJoo: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
Babzilla:
Cleveland fans!!!! How market?! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahahhahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhX0OYBn_Kk
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
cool
Say something jor. Agent Provocateur
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 10:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 12:28am On Jun 08, 2016
A40:

Read again bro. Ooh Mpa said PLAYOFFS!!!!

No one is clutcher than LeBron in the playoffs. Again, look it up before you spew your sources

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 08, 2016
Not basketball related but Nigeria just lost Stephen Keshi fam. RIP

Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 6:58am On Jun 08, 2016
A40:

My guy bone that thing. ESPN is filled with unrepentant LeBron fanboys who think he is the best thing since Hollandia yogurt. You people make excuse after excuse for him and it is becoming nauseating. Didn't you claim he was the underdog in 4 of the 6 Finals he's been in? This is the kind of LeHype that annoys us on the other side

He might be the best player ever to you guys but by God don't call him clutch or a player that delivers in crunch time where I'm at. I will always shoot that claim down with hard evidence.
you havent shut down anything,
that stat is skewed and heavily in favour of fine shooters it doesn't say anything new.
if the 5 clutch shot LeBron made occurred in the post season (I remember one against Atlanta this season and one against the bulls last season) and the other mostly are in the regular season does that not make these clutch stuff meaningless?

RIP Keshi,his name will forever be remembered fondly in this country history.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2016
Donlittle:
Not basketball related but Nigeria just lost Stephen Keshi fam. RIP
He did great for his family and his country. May God bless his family and strengthen them.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2016
A40:

The truth is, you can't change everyone's mind to see why you can't out LeBron in the class of Kobe, Jordan especially when they do not want to.. That guy has always been pampered, given the luxury to afford 6 time straight finals and where the truth lies is, "how many has he made out of the hype and luxury?? 2/5 and about to be 2/6.. But since the media has always hyped him cos that's what sells, those who are sold already would still continue to hump on it. He has been exposed and cannot anything about it and they are about to pamper him out of it again and people like us who has refused to be fooled are tired of hearing that sh1t. Remember the blowout against Spurs, he just caved in, was timid and we all saw there wasn't any spark of fight in him same in this series.. He individually can ball, But how well? Can he ball against Iguodala who he has met twice and cannot find a solution than to pass or Kawhi?? If he faced Tony Allen, how well can he fare?
You can't count on him in pressure.
Re: The NBA Begins by Manutd19: 9:12am On Jun 08, 2016
May his (Keshi) soul rest in peace.
Re: The NBA Begins by OohMpa: 9:23am On Jun 08, 2016
SIRcumalot:

you havent shut down anything,
that stat is skewed and heavily in favour of fine shooters it doesn't say anything new.
if the 5 clutch shot LeBron made occurred in the post season (I remember one against Atlanta this season and one against the bulls last season) and the other mostly are in the regular season does that not make these clutch stuff meaningless?

RIP Keshi,his name will forever be remembered fondly in this country history.

The 5/47 he sourced for was regular season...

This is his stats for playoffs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 08, 2016
datGuyJoo:

Hahahhahah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhX0OYBn_Kk

Hahahahahaa. Nice one bro
Re: The NBA Begins by Mizzzbeee(f): 1:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Guys if this continues i mean "Game 1's MVP was Shaun Livingston, Game 2's was Draymond green" you can make an argument for Iggy in both games tho! But if different players continue to step up in each games who would be Finals MVP? undecided

I hope Curry go all Berserk mode in game 3 and 4 so he can win it.... Dont want all these naysayers to come here and say two finals in a row no Finals MVP blah blah blah. angry angry angry angry CUZ we know they would come up with one excuse or the other to downplay the warrioirs this season angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Guys if this continues i mean "Game 1's MVP was Shaun Livingston, Game 2's was Draymond green" you can make an argument for Iggy in both games tho! But if different players continue to step up in each games who would be Finals MVP? undecided

I hope Curry go all Berserk mode in game 3 and 4 so he can win it.... Dont want all these naysayers to come here and say two finals in a row no Finals MVP blah blah blah. angry angry angry angry CUZ we know they would come up with one excuse or the other to downplay the warrioirs this season angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
grin grin I do not think curry cares, the kid want rings. By tonight, we will know if he is going to have as much ring as lebron or not.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2016
Mizzzbeee:

No problem oo.. So far the team wins the ring, sharing the finals MVP award should continue to be shared cheesy..

Mizzzbeee abeg you get Lolawilliams and Ewuro1 phone number??
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2016
SmooshCHN:
No problem oo.. So far the team wins the ring, sharing the finals MVP award should continue to be shared cheesy..

Mizzzbeee abeg you get Lolawilliams and Ewuro1 phone number??
chai, una wicked o, why evuls? grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
Donlittle:
grin grin I do not think curry cares, the kid want rings. By tonight, we will know if he is going to have as much ring as lebron or not.

Exactly.who cares about MVP when you have rings?oh I forgot.LeBron does.All he cares about is me me me.Mr check my stats.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
Donlittle:
chai, una wicked o, why evuls? grin grin
I'm just concerned.. They'll both show up tomorrow if Cavs win.. But I hope we win tho.. I'm presently watching the Game 1 again and it's like it's going to be 4-0 or 5-1 only because LeBron doesn't deserve to be disgraced like that cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
OohMpa:

The 5/47 he sourced for was regular season...

This is his stats for playoffs
thanks for the correction,
I just saw that now.
I don't really care about clutchness even if data says LeBron is better in the clutch.
it is a ridiculous metric to judge player by.

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (2261) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: jaybee3(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.